Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

N/a Go Boom.... Too!

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 07:37 AM
4SHIZZIL

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Default N/a Go Boom.... Too!

Add 4shizzil to the growing list of N/A blown engines. I didnt throw a rod or anything like that, but Nissan is aware of the issue for Rev-Ups drinking oil like an old farmer's trackor. There have a few cases in which people have recieved new cars. I took my car to Infinity of Chantilly, because the salesman loves me there and I also brought him a few sales after my purchase.

Long story short. If your car is eating oil, like mine was, you need to start a paper trail...and thank God I didnt change my own oil. Documentation, documentation, documentation is the name of the game it looks like. This seem to be because of an internal gasket issues in the block, our cars are not holding oil pressure sufficiently, and therefore we are dropping valves, which once they break off....the engine explodes like a budwieser crap the morning after.....

Hopefully this will all be taken care of under warrantee and hopefully done before Skyline drive.

If you have a rev-up...you better start taking you shizzil in for oil changes and complaining prior to 5/yr 60K or you will be eating the $17K bill. I would not mod my car until then, if you have a rev-up, unless you have your build fund and or documentation in order....

my two cents.....I will keep everyone posted.
Old 04-03-2007, 07:56 AM
behjjeh
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nissan void our warrantee if you are doing own oil change?!?!!?
Old 04-03-2007, 08:06 AM
tylerdurden07

Hell no.... Just keep reciepts and such
Old 04-03-2007, 08:07 AM
behjjeh
Vendor - Former Vendor

reciepts for oil and oil filter?
Old 04-03-2007, 08:08 AM
RBlover69

yea i have my reciets aswell, i knew this was going to happen. Eventually its just the way they implied the new addtives to the engine .the effiecnecy went down hill in order to make more hp.
Old 04-03-2007, 08:08 AM
4SHIZZIL

Default Welll...

Originally Posted by behjjeh
nissan void our warrantee if you are doing own oil change?!?!!?
Read the booklet..if you do it yourself....hmmmm...I would just pay the extra 15 bucks to cover your 17K replacement motor azzzzzzz if I were you.

my two cents....they just called me back as said, fax the invoices and its covered under warrantee.
Old 04-03-2007, 08:14 AM
RBlover69

Nissan doesnt make there own oil even the oil they use is aftermarket. Its a law that u are allowed to do tasks like oil changes and such as your own maintance as long as its done from a reputable place certifed and u have a paper trail. If this wasnt true , we would be getting raped by dealer charges for maintance fees monolpolized and having to resuraface our rotors everytime due to stearlerships trying to get money money. Its a known fact and law that the dealer cannot make itself or monopolize its maintaince tactics.

take for instance in my issue i told nissan i only use synthetic oil . they had synthtic oil at the dealership and put that into my car . I was using royal purple.

Last edited by RBlover69; 04-03-2007 at 08:20 AM.
Old 04-03-2007, 08:23 AM
Jay'Z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry for your loss........ Did you track it any?? Just curious..
Old 04-03-2007, 08:46 AM
C5_vette

Sucks man, hopefully you will get it resloved before skyline!
Old 04-03-2007, 08:50 AM
rockinbboy

13.5 months....9500 miles....no oil issues for me (knock on wood).

Good luck with getting the new engine and hopefully see you by the Skyline drive.
Old 04-03-2007, 09:19 AM
TENGAI

This is a "some have it, some don't" issue. I've spoken with Infiniti and Nissan dealerships about the oil consumption issue in regards to the Rev-Ups and have been told that if you have a problem, bring it in and they'll take care of you. Beware though - mods can be documented in the vehicle history report and can botch your chances at a warrantee cliam...

Oil consumption is being considered if you're running a quart low in less than 1000 miles after a change. Just keep an eye on your dipstick, and make sure you keep ALL of your stock parts to avoid any backlash from dealerships that don't want anything to do with the claim.
Old 04-03-2007, 09:27 AM
4SHIZZIL

Default Key word is Certified

Originally Posted by RBlover69
Nissan doesnt make there own oil even the oil they use is aftermarket. Its a law that u are allowed to do tasks like oil changes and such as your own maintance as long as its done from a reputable place certifed and u have a paper trail. If this wasnt true , we would be getting raped by dealer charges for maintance fees monolpolized and having to resuraface our rotors everytime due to stearlerships trying to get money money. Its a known fact and law that the dealer cannot make itself or monopolize its maintaince tactics.

take for instance in my issue i told nissan i only use synthetic oil . they had synthtic oil at the dealership and put that into my car . I was using royal purple.
We are not certified!
Old 04-03-2007, 09:28 AM
4SHIZZIL

Default Naa but I395 saw some tire marks here and there...

Originally Posted by jonb7007
Sorry for your loss........ Did you track it any?? Just curious..
LOL....I never made it to summit like I wanted to...but I just want my ride back....they hooked me up with an 07 G35X loaner..but its still not my baby...
Old 04-03-2007, 09:29 AM
4SHIZZIL

Default Well...

Originally Posted by rockinbboy
13.5 months....9500 miles....no oil issues for me (knock on wood).

Good luck with getting the new engine and hopefully see you by the Skyline drive.
14 months 30K miles....and BOOOOMB!
Old 04-03-2007, 09:40 AM
mdracer76
Banned

Damn! Ouch!.. G'luck with her.. keep us posted!
Old 04-03-2007, 09:48 AM
RBlover69

Originally Posted by 4SHIZZIL G-SPOT
We are not certified!
well i got my oil change done at pep boys. Which they are certified. And complys with the law , obiding to this situation so im good.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:57 AM
TENGAI

Any chance that they'll give you $$$ instead of the new engine? With what a dealership would charge, you could easily buy a monster built motor and pay for a shop to drop it in... I know, I'm grasping at straws here, but I thought I'd throw it out there .
Old 04-03-2007, 12:13 PM
DROPPEDIT2WCE
Banned

^ That would be amazing!! Sign me up for dealer credit, they wanted $9,800.00 to replace only my short block. LOL @ dealers trying to make the big bucks.
Old 04-03-2007, 02:56 PM
BamBam

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dude.. That SUCKS!!! I am really sorry to hear that this happened... Just be glad you did not do that supercharger like we talked about last summer...

I really hope you get your baby back soon bro. Sounds like the dealer will take care of this at least. If nothing else, you can take the FX on the Skyline Drive...
--B
Old 04-03-2007, 03:25 PM
4SHIZZIL

Default Yeah I glad I didnt do too much...

Originally Posted by BamBam
Dude.. That SUCKS!!! I am really sorry to hear that this happened... Just be glad you did not do that supercharger like we talked about last summer...

I really hope you get your baby back soon bro. Sounds like the dealer will take care of this at least. If nothing else, you can take the FX on the Skyline Drive...
--B
I tell ya patience is everything when it comes to fixing up $40K rides. I just remember the supra in 1994 and how crazy it was to think of modding it!

I will say that the New engine G35X has got a TON of torque, so much that in bumper to bumper traffic its almost unbareble to drive. I have more neck snapping action (non-intensional) in that thing than launching my 6speed.

Looks like because of my well documented maintenenance history and **** gas, car wash reciepts every 2 or 3 days, which was not required, the dealer seems to be on my side. The Nissan Rep will go over the car tomorrow at 9am to decide the final verdict. So far the dealer is behind me, keep the fingers crossed for the REP.

Anyone on this board knows how **** I am with my car, I would never do anything to hurt her. She is my baby, until we start having kids. Even then the little crumb snatchers are going to have their work cut out for them....LMAO.

I WILL BE AT SKYLINE DRIVE....ONE WAY OR ANOTHER!

Hey all, I need a beer after this shizzil, SIAMESE and I (along with a few others) and planning on meeting downtown this Sat for some bar hoppin fun....whos down? BAM?

Quick Reply: N/a Go Boom.... Too!