Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Anyone notice the recent climb of racism towards koreans?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007 | 09:38 AM
Gooey

Originally Posted by b.d.racing
Boo-hoo, it must suck so much to be part Korean. Living in this country must really suck. If its so bad why not try fun places like North Korea, China, Cuba, or how about the ever popular Sudan where ethnic cleansing and genocide are the in thing. Hey maybe if you're lucky then after years of oppression you can ask for reperations like black people do. Obviously there is going to be a backlashing at asians. Look what happened with Arabs and illegal immigrants when white people didn't like the situations that involved them.
look at my other post. People like you are WORSE then the serial killers.
Old 04-18-2007 | 09:40 AM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Bigots only need an excuse. They're just using this high profile incident as an excuse. The POS just so happened to be Asian--end of story.

The bright side is, it's good to see these "closet" racists come out and show their true colors. Karma's a b!tch.

BTW ... b.d.racing you've just shown us how culturally diverse Oklahoma City is, or should I say IS NOT.

Last edited by dutchboy350Z; 04-18-2007 at 09:45 AM.
Old 04-18-2007 | 09:42 AM
abui01

Sorry to hear about your mother's car wash, I believe Annandale is going to get roughed up the next few days from retards.... actually I wouldnt be surprised if the whole asian community will get owned for this (except in counter strike and starcraft)
Old 04-18-2007 | 09:43 AM
mykel

Boo-hoo, it must suck so much to be part Korean. Living in this country must really suck. If its so bad why not try fun places like North Korea, China, Cuba, or how about the ever popular Sudan where ethnic cleansing and genocide are the in thing. Hey maybe if you're lucky then after years of oppression you can ask for reperations like black people do. Obviously there is going to be a backlashing at asians. Look what happened with Arabs and illegal immigrants when white people didn't like the situations that involved them.
When did I ever say anything bad about the country? I'm the type of person who grew up with good morals, my parents being my example of moral fiber. After the car wash was vandalized they did not complain, say anything racist, or talk about how this is a backlash because of the VTECH shooting. They just called the insurance company, filed a claim, and figured as long as no one got hurt, everything is okay.

I'm not going to argue about the obvious backlash that is going to happen, but at the same time I will not be ashamed of being Asian. I'm ashamed such a lowly guy was Asian, and yet again I raise my head proudly knowing I am.

Last edited by mykel; 04-18-2007 at 09:48 AM.
Old 04-18-2007 | 09:47 AM
bboypuertoroc

Originally Posted by abui01
actually I wouldnt be surprised if the whole asian community will get owned for this (except in counter strike and starcraft)
LOL...

It's gonna be rough in all of NoVA with the large Asian population since most of the people that are gonna be starting **** won't know the difference between a Korean, Japanese or Chinese American.
Old 04-18-2007 | 09:47 AM
Gooey

Sorry to hear about your mother's car wash, I believe Annandale is going to get roughed up the next few days from retards.... actually I wouldnt be surprised if the whole asian community will get owned for this (except in counter strike and starcraft)
thats quite correct there mr asian! No one not even one white, black, purple, green people can challenge us in counterstrike or starcraft!!
Old 04-18-2007 | 09:53 AM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Originally Posted by bboypuertoroc
LOL...

It's gonna be rough in all of NoVA with the large Asian population since most of the people that are gonna be starting **** won't know the difference between a Korean, Japanese or Chinese American.
I was just going to say that. I'm usually pretty good at distinguishing between different asian ethnicities. Although I still have a tough time with Vietnamese. LOL I just ask what their last name is, 9 times out of 10 it's Nguyen.
Old 04-18-2007 | 10:14 AM
bonusfrag

this conversation maybe a little too sophisticated for you. Please go back to stocking firearms, construct fertilizer bombs, or whatever fug else people in your region do. Please leave this to the rest of us, who are capable of seeing more than one shade of "dark". Find the nearest Chevy Silverado forum and stay there. thxggnextmap

Last edited by bonusfrag; 04-18-2007 at 10:22 AM.
Old 04-18-2007 | 10:38 AM
abui01

Originally Posted by dutchboy350Z
I was just going to say that. I'm usually pretty good at distinguishing between different asian ethnicities. Although I still have a tough time with Vietnamese. LOL I just ask what their last name is, 9 times out of 10 it's Nguyen.
I know man! All asians look the same! Dam them all! However I do find distinguishing Koreans the easiest (they're usually taller than the average asian guy height of 5'5) and Vietnamese ppl arent too creative w/ last names.

Last edited by abui01; 04-18-2007 at 10:42 AM.
Old 04-18-2007 | 10:50 AM
NoahzBurnt

unfortuantely racism will never go away....and it is just as much alive today as the days of the holocaust and ancient rome....slavery was racism as far back as ancient egypt.....i feel saddened that people may be afftected by the actions of one.....and I sympathise....noone knows I'm part jewish and the amount of times people make fun of them in front me is rediculous....but trust me.....it's all gonna blow over until it happens again.....sad but it's human nature.....don't let idiots ruin your life but from one friend to another....please use better judgement and be careful....
Old 04-18-2007 | 11:11 AM
jamnew

Instead of any of us looking at any particular racial group, you had better be taking note of classmates, coworkers, aquaintences and friends that seem depressed for long periods, sad all the time, alone too much, or quietly hostile. This seems to be the type that is in the next room loading up and about to get payback for some imagined offense.
Old 04-18-2007 | 11:16 AM
Tubbs

Wow, I can't believe people would do this. So sorry for you.
Old 04-18-2007 | 11:17 AM
Tubbs

Originally Posted by jamnew
Instead of any of us looking at any particular racial group, you had better be taking note of classmates, coworkers, aquaintences and friends that seem depressed for long periods, sad all the time, alone too much, or quietly hostile. This seems to be the type that is in the next room loading up and about to get payback for some imagined offense.

And then what? There'll be mass hate crimes towards people that are different? Fawk,
Old 04-18-2007 | 11:17 AM
michaeljr6

i need to wear a t-shirt that says "i'm not korean"
Old 04-18-2007 | 11:21 AM
r0mey
350Z-holic
Premier Member

wow what a total idiot
Old 04-18-2007 | 12:01 PM
Integrity
Banned

Originally Posted by dutchboy350Z
LOL I just ask what their last name is, 9 times out of 10 it's Nguyen.
LOL, my mother's maiden name is Nguyen. Its like Jones or Smith.

Mykel, I feel for you man. We can never change the mindset of stupid people, but know this... I wouldn't treat you any different for being Korean, and anyone who matters wouldn't either.
Old 04-18-2007 | 12:15 PM
FUCHAOWNAOFdaZ

one of my close friends is viet, his last name is nguyen
Old 04-18-2007 | 12:37 PM
mdracer76
Banned

I know man! All asians look the same! Dam them all! However I do find distinguishing Koreans the easiest (they're usually taller than the average asian guy height of 5'5) and Vietnamese ppl arent too creative w/ last names.

Yea.. well.. you (asains) still have small pee pee's

Racism FTL.
Old 04-18-2007 | 12:38 PM
I1DER

It is ignorance. Instead of our schools teaching that we are all Americans, they are bringing out the differences and saying physical characteristics do matter.

- How do you get rid of racism and celebrate race at the same time?
- How do you get rid of racism and say that some races can be celebrated and others not?
- How do you get rid of racism and even think about making someone pay or receive reparations with the determining factor being race alone.
- How do you get rid of racism with laws that say race does matter by using quotas or preferences based on race alone?

We create a giant pendulum of racial practices that swings back and forth, back and forth mowing down many innocents in it's path while the news eats up the results and spews it out. It makes me and want to
Old 04-18-2007 | 12:40 PM
jdm_Z33

**** crackers. and im half white ahahaha the insanity! no for real though. the people who are hating on koreans just because of the incident are going to get what's comin to them through carma or god or etc.

Quick Reply: Anyone notice the recent climb of racism towards koreans?