Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Anyone notice the recent climb of racism towards koreans?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007 | 12:47 PM
q8z

its sad.. but ... hold on 23 Psi on ur EVO bboypuertoroc Damnnn!
Old 04-18-2007 | 01:04 PM
jamnew

Originally Posted by Tubbs
And then what? There'll be mass hate crimes towards people that are different? Fawk,
Wow you really don't get it do you? I wasn't promoting mass hate crimes against anyone, i was just saying be more aware of people who are around you so you might protect yourself.
Old 04-18-2007 | 01:07 PM
JDMFairladyZ33

Some retards are crying "Send those damn ****** back where they came from"... If you are going to insult somebody with racial comments at least get it right.
Old 04-18-2007 | 01:11 PM
bboypuertoroc

Originally Posted by q8z
its sad.. but ... hold on 23 Psi on ur EVO bboypuertoroc Damnnn!
Wow... way OT. But to answer your question.. it's actually running 24.5psi. My Autometer reads low.
Old 04-18-2007 | 01:15 PM
q8z

:P LoL

dude i was commenting on the topic but ur signature distracted me !

back on topic!

welcome to the Club bro .. i am from Kuwait (Arab) and my License plate says Kuwait on it ... I get racial comments her and there, I got used to it ..
Old 04-18-2007 | 01:26 PM
Tubbs

Originally Posted by jamnew
Wow you really don't get it do you? I wasn't promoting mass hate crimes against anyone, i was just saying be more aware of people who are around you so you might protect yourself.

I get it. Instead of a racial witch hunt, you're calling for a witch hunt towards people who are sad and not as social as you'd like. I can just imagine all the kids in school who don't belong in the popular groups being cast as a psycho now.

" Instead of any of us looking at any particular racial group, you had better be taking note of classmates, coworkers, aquaintences and friends that seem depressed for long periods, sad all the time, alone too much, or quietly hostile. This seems to be the type that is in the next room loading up and about to get payback for some imagined offense."
Old 04-18-2007 | 01:29 PM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Wow.. this is pretty shocking. I remember there were students beating up Middle Eastern students after 911. It's like history repeating itself. The funny thing is you didn't hear anyone doing anything bad to Caucasian people after the shooting in Columbine High. This is purely racism against the minority. And I do agree that people don't just all the sudden turn racist after the incident. The indicent just gave them excuse to express their racism.
Old 04-18-2007 | 02:57 PM
35oZephyR

Originally Posted by bb1314
And I do agree that people don't just all the sudden turn racist after the incident. The incident just gave them excuse to express their racism.
+1
Old 04-18-2007 | 03:03 PM
Integrity
Banned

Originally Posted by Tubbs
I get it. Instead of a racial witch hunt, you're calling for a witch hunt towards people who are sad and not as social as you'd like. I can just imagine all the kids in school who don't belong in the popular groups being cast as a psycho now.
He's not calling for a witch hunt. He's simply saying be aware of the people around you, regardless of their ethnicity... and I agree. Imagine if someone would have reached out to this Cho kid before he snapped. Being aware of other's needs and problems and offering help where appropriate is not a "witch hunt."
Old 04-18-2007 | 03:08 PM
bboypuertoroc

Apparently, he's been disturbed for some time...

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive...071vtech1.html

My wife was in high school with him before Westfield was opened... wierd.
Old 04-18-2007 | 03:26 PM
jgxchris

sorry to hear about what happen to mom's store..

i think this is getting out of hand now.. so sad..
Old 04-18-2007 | 03:29 PM
zillinois

Originally Posted by JDMFairladyZ33
Some retards are crying "Send those damn ****** back where they came from"... If you are going to insult somebody with racial comments at least get it right.
I've never heard a Korean insult??
Old 04-18-2007 | 07:49 PM
KManZ
Banned

My girlfriend is Korean.. hopefully her hotness protects her from these ignorant asshats.

But her parents own and operate a deli in the area. This thread has sort of made me afraid for them. Thanks for the heads up fellas.
Old 04-18-2007 | 09:19 PM
jeffie7

Originally Posted by KManZ
My girlfriend is Korean.. hopefully her hotness protects her from these ignorant asshats.

But her parents own and operate a deli in the area. This thread has sort of made me afraid for them. Thanks for the heads up fellas.
I'd like to tell you yes or no about if her hotness will protect her, however, I'd need to see a picture or 5. =)
BTW I think Korean women are hot =)

Anyways, I've yet to hear anything bad from my old lady (half chinese half filipino) since you know all asians are the same thing right? So far no problems with racism.
Old 04-18-2007 | 11:42 PM
gcoupeturbo

+1 on the pictures you perverts!
Old 04-18-2007 | 11:58 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?
Premier Member

Originally Posted by mykel
I'm usually one to keep my voice silent, but I for one think things are getting a little out of hand. As a Korean-American who has lived in this country since birth, I find it very tragic that some individuals in society are blaming a race for one individuals problem.

Just because I am Korean does not mean I had anything to do with the shootings. Stop looking at me funny while I to go my car, or smoke a cigarette outside. I see parents pull their children away from my direction, people coming to my place of work and leaving after they see who I am, and acts of vandalism. Recently in Northern Virginia, a Korean bakery in Centreville (yes I understand that this is the area the shooter was from) was vandalized by bricks. Now this is where it gets a little personal. My mother owns a self cleaning carwash in the area, and goes promptly every morning to make sure everything is running. It would be hard to not know that she is the owner of the carwash. Now I wake up one morning to her calling me telling me that the wash has been vandalized. And for what? Because we share the same ethnicity as the shooter? Even the KKK demonstrated their hatred by shooting down a church in New York.

Mike (refuses to allow my race to become the media scapegoat for this incident.)
That really sucks, sorry to hear that . I really didn't think anything about his race until reading this, just thought he was another disturbed college kid.
Old 04-19-2007 | 04:13 AM
Sly_Z

You can't change ignorant people so why waste your time!
Old 04-19-2007 | 05:09 AM
KManZ
Banned

I told my gf about what I read here, and she said that her parents have already heard of vandalism against friends of theirs in Annandale. Ignorant people need a scapegoat because their minds are too weak to cope. Whats new though, people suck.

I have pics of my gf, but not for this thread
Old 04-19-2007 | 05:54 AM
4SHIZZIL

Default Hmmm

Originally Posted by mykel
I'm usually one to keep my voice silent, but I for one think things are getting a little out of hand. As a Korean-American who has lived in this country since birth, I find it very tragic that some individuals in society are blaming a race for one individuals problem.

Just because I am Korean does not mean I had anything to do with the shootings. Stop looking at me funny while I to go my car, or smoke a cigarette outside. I see parents pull their children away from my direction, people coming to my place of work and leaving after they see who I am, and acts of vandalism. Recently in Northern Virginia, a Korean bakery in Centreville (yes I understand that this is the area the shooter was from) was vandalized by bricks. Now this is where it gets a little personal. My mother owns a self cleaning carwash in the area, and goes promptly every morning to make sure everything is running. It would be hard to not know that she is the owner of the carwash. Now I wake up one morning to her calling me telling me that the wash has been vandalized. And for what? Because we share the same ethnicity as the shooter? Even the KKK demonstrated their hatred by shooting down a church in New York.

Mike (refuses to allow my race to become the media scapegoat for this incident.)
Alot of it is paranoia, alot is guilt, alot is shame....Being African-American (Although I was born in IL)....blacks get a bad name all day everyday. I am first to admit the black on black crime quadrouples what Iraq is doing to our military, but that still doesnt define all blacks. "Corey is a realy nice young man"...until they learn I am dating their daughter , be it White, Koren, Japanese, Portugese, Latin, German, Italian and especially Middle-Eastern, so it goes both ways man.

After 911 the Middle Eastern-Americans (a name soon to come like they gave us Afro-Americans), felt the heat too. Now you are feeling the heat. Sucks, but you will live.

It sucks bigtime bro, but welcome to the club! My wife is white and has been to Africa more than probably 95% of most African-Americans..yet the Sister's and a some White people, think we shouldnt be together. She has actually saved many kids lives, be it black or not....who can say that in this world today!? Its 2007, I build,audit and secure IT Networks not Pyramids, for a living! Freedom has its price which means people can look at you and us anyway they like to.

I will give you this advice....its your responce that either confirms or eliminates their stereotypes. If you frown up and make a face, I am sure that image is of one related to their thoughts...just smile and be yourself. Try not to over react, try not to assume they are thinking negative thoughts.... Good luck my friend...I will keep you in my prays for the day/week.
Old 04-19-2007 | 06:15 AM
johnoppa

It's like people hating all Muslims for 9/11

Quick Reply: Anyone notice the recent climb of racism towards koreans?