Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Z bashing on VA forum....

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007 | 09:11 AM
Axelerate

Originally Posted by G35_TX
Sorry to say but he is right. And so what! The Z is no better than the G period. I have driven both and now I have a 350z coming in. The Z is more nimble than the G but the G has shown better numbers in all the tests I have seen for handling.

Some test favor the G in the slalom and the Z on the skid pad, and vice-versa. Magazine numbers tell you nothing about what a car will do on a track. SCC shows higher slalom numbers than a G and Car and Driver showed a Z pulling more g's. Also, keep in mind that a stock G35 wears better tires. That will give a car better numbers when the two are so similar.

That guy I quoted took one magazine comparison and used it as a "fact" for how both cars perform. I showed him that those numbers will vary depending on whos doing the driving. There are far too many variables to consider in those tests.

Both cars are very similar, obviously since they are almost the same car. Even modded the G still has to carry more weight which is my only complaint with the car. Oh, and it costs more.

Last edited by Axelerate; 05-14-2007 at 09:15 AM.
Old 05-14-2007 | 09:26 AM
abui01

First: Z vs STI vs EVO
Now: Z vs G35

Conclusion: RSX FTW... Type-S that is
Old 05-14-2007 | 09:38 AM
Le Zed

f*KCING EH MAN!!! THE MAXIMA HANDS DOWN!!!...YES I WENT FROM A TO Z
Old 05-14-2007 | 09:50 AM
Axelerate

He stated facts and backed himself while at it. You did not. So he quoted one magazine. I have seen several magazines showing higher Slalom times and G's on the G than the Z. If both are higher and if the MPH is higher that usually shows which car is better. Faster speed in a slalom proves which car handles better.
How did I not???

I showed that another test a Z had a higher slalom speed. SCC for instance.

Once again, slalom speeds DO NOT = better handling. Why is that hard to understand?

My 350z weighs 3400 lbs, with a full tank of gas and me in it. This is the 2nd time today I've had to state this to a G owner. I was unaware that was new info to people?
Old 05-14-2007 | 09:52 AM
DROPPEDIT2WCE
Banned

STI/EVO

good for kids, ricing out, and picnics with the family

Z = sports car with heritage!!
Old 05-14-2007 | 09:53 AM
michaeljr6

rsx.........faster
Old 05-14-2007 | 10:07 AM
DROPPEDIT2WCE
Banned

Originally Posted by michaeljr6
rsx.........faster

^ lol!
Old 05-14-2007 | 10:14 AM
Axelerate

SCC is a rice magazine that has no reputation other than that. I don't trust their inflated results.

Slalom MPH does. Read up. READ! Do some research.
How are they inflated if their skid pad numbers where lower than other tests???

Slalom numbers will change with different drivers, weather condtions, tracks, track conditions, tire temps, tire condtion, tire pressures, and of course different tires.

With all these variables, how is going through a slalom going to determine which car handles better?
Old 05-14-2007 | 10:21 AM
I1DER

You guys are nuts. Instead of masterbating over numbers, go get into the cars that you each like for different reasons and enjoy them.
Old 05-14-2007 | 10:28 AM
Axelerate

I dont care for magazine numbers either and I love both cars, but I cant stand when people use them as the word of god.

I track my car often and dont put too much thought into test info. I have seen expensive number cars come up short at the track and cheaper cars that magazines dont care for suprise the hell out of me.
Old 05-14-2007 | 10:36 AM
Axelerate

Exactly. Reason why that article posted from R&T I believe it was had both the tests done from the same magazine and same driver I am sure and it showed the Z was not faster than the G.
They didn't state if the data was recorded on the same day, by the same driver. Usually they just go by archived test they had done.

Last edited by Axelerate; 05-14-2007 at 10:42 AM.
Old 05-14-2007 | 10:40 AM
Axelerate

That is what you are making the Z look like. I mean I would make them equal in handling and speed, but you are making the Z gods chariot.

You know, I also track my car often I am in the Red Group almost a instructor. I decided to order my 350z so when I get it I will have a more nimble car than my G35. And I am not talking about Autox, I am talking about actual road-racing.

No, your mis-understanding me. I just meant to show the data is flawed, I never said one car is better than the other, there are practicaly the same car as I said earlier. You stated that the G handled better because of magazine test you have read.

I showed conflicting numbers meaning the cars are basically the same, not better. They both serve there own purposes, which is why people buy them.

I too have some track experience and I instruct with NASA here in VA and yes I know the diffenance between auto-x and a road course.
Old 05-14-2007 | 10:45 AM
Integrity
Banned

I decided to order my 350z so when I get it I will have a more nimble car than my G35.
Why? I thought your G35 handled better?
Old 05-14-2007 | 11:09 AM
bboypuertoroc

Jesus Christ not another one of the fucking threads.

As most of you know I have to play defender with the Evo here, but those assclowns over there are just plain retarded. The Z a fancy grocery-getter... whatever.

And now the mis-informed have invaded this thread with crap like "what if I put a turbo on the Z" and "it's a four-door grocery-getter with a 2-foot tall wing". STFU. I'm REALLY bored at work but thanks to you guys I can tear into this...
Originally Posted by nzpv03
z would get more compliments any day
Personal opinion. I've had more compliments on my Evo than I ever got with my Z (from both male and female, old, young and in-between).

But I do agree that the Z is MUCH better looking.
Originally Posted by RollTideZ
Tell them to take their 4 door cars back to wal-mart and pick me up some groceries.
STFU.
Originally Posted by jeff91ta
This coming from a guy defending a 4-door with a trunk and a 2 foot tall wing on the back..... UMMMM.... who again is driving the fancy grocery getter????
Blah blah blah... STFU. The comment on the Z was completely off-base, and so is this. You're no better than he is.
Sorry to say but he is right. And so what! The Z is no better than the G period. I have driven both and now I have a 350z coming in. The Z is more nimble than the G but the G has shown better numbers in all the tests I have seen for handling.
Numbers in tests don't mean crap. Out of everything I've seen first-hand (never seen road course though), the Z owns. Don't go by weights that are in print... actually go weigh the cars. They come in much lighter than advertised.
Originally Posted by dc567
well, nobody cares how fast is a LANCER
Weaksauce insult. Why don't you come back when you got something more intelligent to say.
Originally Posted by johnny3597
What pisses me off is that they think evo's and sti's are sports cars. And also, car and driver and motor trend have repeatedly done articles where Z's eat evos for breakfast (they quote one article). I am yet to see one on Z's vs. Sti, but im sure we wouldnt get destroyed even if we lost.
They're more "sports car" than most sports cars on the road. And I've only seen 1 article of the Z beating an Evo (the VIR one... but seen PLENTY of the Evo stomping on the Z). Brake fade is a bitch. Also, since the Z got the wider tires on it that helped out a lot (good call Nissan). I would imagine the Z besting the STI/STi more times than not though (in anything but the 1/4). I would like to see the Z go up against the '07 STI now (larger turbo and better gearing).
Originally Posted by Boneout JZA80
evo or sti

i still get more women in my Z

Originally Posted by Havok_RLS2
True. I hate thinking about the day when the Z becomes the new flavor of "cheap rice".
Unfortunately, it's already started. All the damn stories of kids wrecking their Z's are popping up everywhere. It's sad how the higher-end imports turn into ricers (in most peoples minds) once they're a few years old and relatively cheap to buy.
Originally Posted by chriskabobbers
this tool writes ... "the Z is a waste of money ... get the evo ..."

yeah, he's talking about a car that's 10k less than the evo. very smart.
I hope you're not saying the Z is $10k less than an Evo... because you can get an Evo RS for less than a base Z.
Originally Posted by MasterRacer
These guys are total idiots, why would you compare a turbo boosted car to a N/A ???? I would dare say lets throw a Turbo kit and see how much of a Sh!ty platform this is when we do......400+ WHP power now that really sucks huh???! See you in my rearview mirror MORON!
This should be fun...

For starters, they're comparing a 4-cylinder 2.0l (Evo) boosted car to an N/A 6-cylinder 3.5l car. I'd say that's a fair match (from the factory). Of course after bolt-on's it's a different story, but the cars are very comparable in factory trim (other than the whole AWD/RWD thing). I love seeing comparos between the two cars and I'm glad the Z has just about caught up to the Evo in terms of factory performance.

And making 400+whp isn't as easy as just slapping on a turbo kit. Go ahead and spend close to $10k for that ~400whp... I'll be happy spending a FRACTION of that for the same amount of power. FWIW, I just used the same logic you did. Of course a car is gonna be made faster when you put go-fast parts on it. Of course a Z is gonna be faster than a stock Evo if you slap a turbo kit on it.

And I completely agree that those Evo/STI sack-riders are way out of line. Some people just can't appreciate what other cars are made for and what they're capable of. The Z is PLENTY capable to make power (just cost way more to do it)... doesn't mean it isn't capable. Holy fuck people like them give the rest of us Evo owners bad names.
Old 05-14-2007 | 11:17 AM
bboypuertoroc

LMAO... I had to quote this from that thread...

Originally Posted by Flite
Wow man... Elitest much?

Despite your perfect Ali G facial hair, your icey hot watches and your extremely classy...ahem...Nissan...not everybody that looks at you, wishes they could be you.
I'm guessing you guys know who that is in reference to...
Old 05-14-2007 | 11:25 AM
Integrity
Banned

Originally Posted by bboypuertoroc
Jesus Christ not another one of the fucking threads.

As most of you know I have to play defender with the Evo here, but those assclowns over there are just plain retarded. The Z a fancy grocery-getter... whatever.

And now the mis-informed have invaded this thread with crap like "what if I put a turbo on the Z" and "it's a four-door grocery-getter with a 2-foot tall wing". STFU. I'm REALLY bored at work but thanks to you guys I can tear into this...

Personal opinion. I've had more compliments on my Evo than I ever got with my Z (from both male and female, old, young and in-between).

But I do agree that the Z is MUCH better looking.

STFU.

Blah blah blah... STFU. The comment on the Z was completely off-base, and so is this. You're no better than he is.

Numbers in tests don't mean crap. Out of everything I've seen first-hand (never seen road course though), the Z owns. Don't go by weights that are in print... actually go weigh the cars. They come in much lighter than advertised.

Weaksauce insult. Why don't you come back when you got something more intelligent to say.

They're more "sports car" than most sports cars on the road. And I've only seen 1 article of the Z beating an Evo (the VIR one... but seen PLENTY of the Evo stomping on the Z). Brake fade is a bitch. Also, since the Z got the wider tires on it that helped out a lot (good call Nissan). I would imagine the Z besting the STI/STi more times than not though (in anything but the 1/4). I would like to see the Z go up against the '07 STI now (larger turbo and better gearing).

Unfortunately, it's already started. All the damn stories of kids wrecking their Z's are popping up everywhere. It's sad how the higher-end imports turn into ricers (in most peoples minds) once they're a few years old and relatively cheap to buy.

I hope you're not saying the Z is $10k less than an Evo... because you can get an Evo RS for less than a base Z.

This should be fun...

For starters, they're comparing a 4-cylinder 2.0l (Evo) boosted car to an N/A 6-cylinder 3.5l car. I'd say that's a fair match (from the factory). Of course after bolt-on's it's a different story, but the cars are very comparable in factory trim (other than the whole AWD/RWD thing). I love seeing comparos between the two cars and I'm glad the Z has just about caught up to the Evo in terms of factory performance.

And making 400+whp isn't as easy as just slapping on a turbo kit. Go ahead and spend close to $10k for that ~400whp... I'll be happy spending a FRACTION of that for the same amount of power. FWIW, I just used the same logic you did. Of course a car is gonna be made faster when you put go-fast parts on it. Of course a Z is gonna be faster than a stock Evo if you slap a turbo kit on it.

And I completely agree that those Evo/STI sack-riders are way out of line. Some people just can't appreciate what other cars are made for and what they're capable of. The Z is PLENTY capable to make power (just cost way more to do it)... doesn't mean it isn't capable. Holy fuck people like them give the rest of us Evo owners bad names.

Good lord Tony, why don't you tell us how you really feel? LOL.

BTW - Z's can make cheap power too. I know of a certain Mid-A member who's knocking on 11's door for very little money.
Old 05-14-2007 | 11:26 AM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Originally Posted by Integrity

BTW - Z's can make cheap power too. I know of a certain Mid-A member who's knocking on 11's door for very little money.
uhh ... let me take a wild guess and say: You.
Old 05-14-2007 | 11:28 AM
abui01

everyone who has commented in this thread doesn't know what they're talking about except me, cuz I know what's up: we wouldn't be having this debate if Z owners would just add an oil cooler. Dam ricers...
Old 05-14-2007 | 11:35 AM
blasian

I thought this thread was 40% G35 vs. 350Z
Old 05-14-2007 | 11:47 AM
bboypuertoroc

Originally Posted by Integrity

LOL... you know how I feel about ignorant fools.

I know they can make cheap power (read: nitrous or used parts). My response was to his post regarding turbo kits and 400whp.

That, uh, certain Mid-A member BETTER hit 11's this season. I'll be shooting for the same (mid-high 11's @ 115-119) as soon as we get this damn Hawaii Super Ferry rolling out to Maui so I can finally get my *** back on a track to redeem my weaksauce 12.5@110.

Last edited by bboypuertoroc; 05-14-2007 at 11:53 AM.

Quick Reply: Z bashing on VA forum....