Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

SIGN PETITION to appeal VA civil fees!

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 08:30 AM
bboypuertoroc

Received 2,448 Likes on 1,769 Posts

There's over 23,000 signatures right now... I don't think I've ever seen something with this much support in less than 48 hours.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:32 AM
annahandres

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bboypuertoroc
How are the traffic cops though?
Well I have never been pulled or been with anyone when they got pulled, and when I got rear ended the cop who came to the accident was pretty nice. There are less traffic cops here than in NoVa cause they all have more important stuff to do because Richmond is a very high-crime area. That is probably why they are so parking violation happy- they patrol neighborhoods and smaller roads for crime, and that is where you are more likely to get a parking ticket than a speeding ticket.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:38 AM
ZIABLO
I am Batman

these petitions don't do a thing right?
Old 07-12-2007, 08:46 AM
bboypuertoroc

Originally Posted by annahandres
Well I have never been pulled or been with anyone when they got pulled, and when I got rear ended the cop who came to the accident was pretty nice. There are less traffic cops here than in NoVa cause they all have more important stuff to do because Richmond is a very high-crime area. That is probably why they are so parking violation happy- they patrol neighborhoods and smaller roads for crime, and that is where you are more likely to get a parking ticket than a speeding ticket.
Must be nice. I got pulled so many times in NoVA when I was living there (half for BS, half for legitimate reasons), and now it's worse (which I can't even imagine). I can't complain though since I never actually got a ticket. But for example, Nowell's *** got pulled like once a week when he had that custom HKS C/Ti exhaust just for driving. I got pulled once for "suspicion of street racing" in the middle of the night while cruising by myself. NoVA's full of BS (which I'm sure you know since you're from my old neck of the woods - Reston).
Old 07-12-2007, 08:52 AM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ZIABLO
these petitions don't do a thing right?
They definitely help. But personally contacting the actual state delegates and senators that voted YEA for this bill will open their eyes up.

I just sent this to all FIVE or our Loudoun County state delegates that voted YEA for this Bill.

'DelDPoisson@house.state.va.us'; 'del_may@house.state.va.us'; 'del_marshall@house.state.va.us'; 'DelCCaputo@house.state.va.us'; 'del_TRust@house.state.va.us'

To: The State Delegates of Loudoun County.

I have been a Resident, Home Owner, Taxpayer and more importantly Registered Voter in Loudoun County for the past 3 years. It has come to my attention that all five of you voted YEA for this unconstitutional bill (House Bill 3202, "Civil Remedial Fines"). It's unfortunate that you didn't follow our two loudoun county state senators by using common sense and voting NAY. All of my hundreds of family and friends who live in Loudoun County will be well informed on how all FIVE of our state delegates voted for this dubious bill. We will do everything in our power to make sure ALL of you are voted out in the next general election.

Sincerely,
Karl ***** *******
Old 07-12-2007, 09:02 AM
mondi

24426 i live in maryland but i put a VA zip code...every vote counts
Old 07-12-2007, 09:10 AM
bboypuertoroc

Again, Karl FTW.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:49 AM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

I already got one reply. Seems like a lot of our delegates were given the run-around when the final bill was signed. i.e. it was added into the bill in a shady way.

There's two Marshalls. R.G. Marshall (below) and D.W. Marshall <-- voted YEA.

Dear Mr. Coughlin:

Thank you for contacting me about the "abuser" fees.

I did not vote for HB 3202 the transportation package that included the new "abuser" fees. You can view the final House vote on this bill at http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp...+HV1661+HB3202 and the bill history at http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp...202&Submit2=Go .

I also wanted to let you know that due to the overwhelming outcry against these new fees enacted as part of HB 3202, that, if I am re-elected this year, I will be introducing legislation to repeal these fees. I believe that these fees are unjustly levied against only Virginians and in some cases the punishment does not fit the crime. Since this legislation was introduced by the Speaker of the House and it is supported by the Governor it may be difficult to repeal this law but I will do my best to make sure that my constituents and all Virginians are protected from tax increases in disguise.

I hope that this information is helpful to you. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me again.

Sincerely,

Delegate Bob Marshall

RGM/ccg

Last edited by dutchboy350Z; 07-12-2007 at 09:56 AM.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:09 AM
ZIABLO
I am Batman

ooo coooooolllll gg
Old 07-12-2007, 10:14 AM
bboypuertoroc

Nice... let's hope more step up to the plate (unless of course he's just full of **** and just wants to be re-elected).
Old 07-12-2007, 10:23 AM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

LOUDOUN COUNTY GENERAL ELECTION IS NOVEMBER 7, 2007.

WE CAN VOTE THESE D-BAGS OUT. When it comes to local elections like these a 4 or 5 vote difference DOES matter.

Races on the November 6 ballot:

State Senate: 33rd (Incumbent voted yea) and 27th (Incumbent voted YEA)

House of Delegates: 13th (Incumbent vote NAY), 32nd (vote the incumbent out), 33rd(vote the incumbent out), 67th(vote the incumbent out), and 86th(vote the incumbent out)

Register to vote. Deadline is 29 Days BEFORE the election.
http://www.sbe.virginia.gov/cms/docu...pplication.pdf

Last edited by dutchboy350Z; 07-12-2007 at 10:39 AM.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:46 AM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

I got another reply from Delegate Rust. He corrected me by saying the both loudoun state Senators voted YEA as well. Um yeah that's really going to help his cause. It seems that Delegate Marshall is the only one that voted NAY in loudoun. Here's my reply to Mr. Rust. (I copied the rest of the loudoun legislature). And just to you let you guys know 100 votes in a county state legislature election can mean the difference between winning and losing. I can assure you they're taking me seriously.

I stand corrected. I mistakenly confused the tally you listed with this one.
http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp...1HB3202+HB3202
It seems like the only delegate that showed prudence was Delegate Marshall. He is the only one that will receive my vote on November 7th. I'm already helping register hundreds of my family and friends who have not voted in the past. I'll make sure Delegate Marshall will get ALL of our votes. Those who voted YEA for this bill will have a uncertain political future come November 7th.

Good day,
Karl Coughlin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Thursday, July 12, 2007 2:22 PM
To: Coughlin, Karl T.
Subject: RE: House Bill 3202, "Civil Remedial Fines"

Mr. Coughlin:

Sen. Potts and Sen. Herring both voted for HB3202.

http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp...7HB3202+HB3202

Last edited by dutchboy350Z; 07-12-2007 at 10:49 AM.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:26 PM
MasterRacer

Damn Dutch ^^^^ Nicely put, I am gonna register this year and vote as I just got all of my citizenship (whiteboy) papers hehe
Its funny that a group of car enthusiasts are making a push forward!
Awesome, we need to make sure this thread doesn't fizzle out. How do we
make it a sticky?
Old 07-12-2007, 08:22 PM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Originally Posted by MasterRacer
Damn Dutch ^^^^ Nicely put, I am gonna register this year and vote as I just got all of my citizenship (whiteboy) papers hehe
Its funny that a group of car enthusiasts are making a push forward!
Awesome, we need to make sure this thread doesn't fizzle out. How do we
make it a sticky?
I learned at a early age, "Persistence is a virtue".

BTW 40565 Total Signatures
Old 07-13-2007, 03:12 AM
4SHIZZIL

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

41883 is my lucky #

41891 Total Signatures at 713am this morning! MY BDAY Friday July 13th BABY!

Last edited by 4SHIZZIL; 07-13-2007 at 03:25 AM.
Old 07-13-2007, 04:22 AM
SIL350
Amber Lynn

Just signed and am # 43551
Old 07-13-2007, 04:40 AM
Clipdin
SHIFT_happens

44335 now, I signed.
Old 07-13-2007, 04:45 AM
Integrity
Banned

I considered signing and using a VA zipcode and decided not too. Anyone who lives outside of VA please do not sign the petition. Although the old adage "the more the merrier" rings true with petitions, there is a slight chance this petition may need to stand up to scrutiny.

As a MD resident I'm less appalled by this bill then you VA residents, however I'm concerned that if this bill does not get repealed, MD will be the next state with BS "civil fees." Karl, I admire your tenacity. Get as many family members, friends, people off the street involved and registered to vote that you can. You guys have my support, I just wish there was something I could do.
Old 07-13-2007, 04:51 AM
MasterRacer

Originally Posted by Integrity
I considered signing and using a VA zipcode and decided not too. Anyone who lives outside of VA please do not sign the petition. Although the old adage "the more the merrier" rings true with petitions, there is a slight chance this petition may need to stand up to scrutiny.

As a MD resident I'm less appalled by this bill then you VA residents, however I'm concerned that if this bill does not get repealed, MD will be the next state with BS "civil fees." Karl, I admire your tenacity. Get as many family members, friends, people off the street involved and registered to vote that you can. You guys have my support, I just wish there was something I could do.

Iam sure you could do the same as Karl and voice your concern.
It might come as a surprise to them that MD residents are outraged as well
as VA residents. It may make them feel like they are under a microscope with this and basically all neighboring states are going to say "WERE NOT GONNA TAKE IT......
Old 07-13-2007, 07:03 AM
MasterRacer

http://regularamerican.org/

Check it out peepz, looks like our cries are being heard

Quick Reply: SIGN PETITION to appeal VA civil fees!