Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

****Any Christains on here??!***

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 06:41 AM
JDMFairladyZ33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ghost 350z
I think it got closed because of the pic that was posted with a girl with the cross shoved down her throat and bloody OH AND HER NIPPLES WERE BEING SHOWN :P
Yeah that was a bit extreme for the thread but then again I'm the type of person who won't care enough since it was a) fake b) posted to elicit humor c) have seen threads taken worse turns.

People are so touchy when it come to religion. Makes me think we should keep it separate from any discussion.

Edit: I forgot d) Nipple
Old 08-02-2007, 06:43 AM
Ghost 350z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^i completely agree. Its a shame how easily some people get bent out of shape
Old 08-02-2007, 06:46 AM
Motormouth
Banned

Originally Posted by 4SHIZZIL G-SPOT
I cant believe that post got closed. I am a Christain and out of all the sick perverted, twisted stuff that goes on here. I am totally offended that so many of fellow Z/G owners had such a fit about a simple question.

I am a Christain, and I have friends who are Hindu, Jewis, Presby, Muslim, Budist, and whatever else.

I want to continue the thread and push the fact that if you can talk about Jessica Alba latest skimpy photos... I sure can ask...or reask the question about Christains on the boards.

I wouldnt be intersted or have experience in Autocross if it wasnt for a Christain car lover (female) who introduced me to the Porshe club at my church, McClean Bible in Tysons. She said her passion is Christ and cars... you should check out this event in Winchester....my life is forever changed. Because of my autocross release...I kow drive like I have sense on the roads....lol cruise set a 60mph. (like my good friend DUTCH)

Come on folks...if you dont want to answer the question. Dont post. The question was never intended to be-little anyone or knock down a person. This is a public forum of information and fellowship...no matter how you look at it. You dont comment on FI forums because you dont have a built block with Greddy Twins and agmunted fuels system with 900cc injectors... so why post on a Christain post if you are not Christain....?

Its not like the guy said, if you are not Christain..I dont want to talk to you and I think you are scum because you dont believe in Jesus Christ.

It was a simple question and I would seriously like to know why the post was closed from a moderator please??????? thanks!

Also to REDV who originally posted the question....dont ever let anyone offend you because you offended them by displaying your faith. We need more Christains in the world, just like Jewish feel they need more and Muslims need more. Be true to your faith until the end. I applaud you for not fighting with these silly boys on here....that was cool. I unfortunately am willing to go 12 rounds with anyone who has a problem with me voicing my religion.

I understand this is a sensitive thread howerver we have so much other stuff that goes on here. People bashing other poeple and shops because of bad business.

CANT WE ALL JUST GET ALONG...?

Also to the mods...who was out of line? There were only like 18 post.... If I am pushing any limits with the boards...please tell me and we can remove this post too.. Its just I didnt get a change to post that I am a Christain and got fired up way too early this morning.

Sorry If I offending anyone or stepping on some toes...just trying to understand this one....

http://www.mcleanbible.org/pages/page.asp?page_id=2881

http://www.powershift2024.org/

I think it was spill over from a prior thread that got heated... I apologize, I hate religion for trying to force itself down your throat, and I am guilty of doing the same (in the opposite) sometimes as well.

pray away or whatever
Old 08-02-2007, 07:55 AM
DROPPEDIT2WCE
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I still feel that your religion should be kept to yourself, some people feel strongly in thier own religion and when it is discussed openly in a place that it is uncommon to hear or see a discussion about religion; it can taken out of context like someone is trying to force thier ways on you. I personally could be considered a Christian, I don't hate anyone for thier beliefs, race, music choice, etc. etc. etc. but I don't go to church or believe in something there is no physical evidence or proof of. To each his own, stick to what you believe and don't let anyone change your beliefs or interfere with anyone elses beliefs.

Peace and chicken grease, see you guys at the beach!
Old 08-02-2007, 08:18 AM
Nowell
National Z Club

I come to a car forum to talk about cars. If I wanted to talk about religion (if I believed in such things) I would go to a religion forum.
Old 08-02-2007, 08:34 AM
UGOTZ'D

I Am Saved By Grace But I Will Not Talk To People About My Faith When It Will Fall On Deaf Ears. Now If Someone Asks Me About My Faith Then I Would Be More Then Happy To Explain To Them Anything They Have Questions About. I Would Never Want To Be Like The Jehova's Witnesses Going Door To Door At Supper Time Pissing People Off.
Old 08-02-2007, 08:39 AM
Motormouth
Banned

(taps 'caps lock' key OFF)

I just have an issue becuase a tenent of almost every religion is to 'convert' people.. subversively or overtly... and all these new members all metioning it makes me scurred.
Old 08-02-2007, 08:42 AM
UGOTZ'D

Originally Posted by Motormouth

I just have an issue becuase a tenent of almost every religion is to 'convert' people.. subversively or overtly... and all these new members all metioning it makes me scurred.

sorry about caps lock. yeah it is important to witness to people about ur religion whatever it may be but i will not attempt to do so on a car forum. unless like i mentioned someone approaches me about it. and everyone is different in their beliefs (or lack thereof) but that is the beauty of having free will and living in america where you have the freedom to choose to or not to believe.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:04 AM
4SHIZZIL

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Lol

Originally Posted by phreaktor
C-h-r-i-s-t-i-a-n-s
Thanks man..it was way too early in the morning, plus I claim to be a Christian, not a good speller .....LOL!
Old 08-02-2007, 09:10 AM
4SHIZZIL

Default been in meetings all day, but I am back.

Originally Posted by Shabba2
Ok, with all due respect here, why do people feel the need to go around stating their religious preference to anyone within earshot? Do I need to wear a patch on my jacket that says "Athiest" and in small print underneath it "Since 1994"?

I fail to see the point guys...again, no disrespect intended.
Shabba the point is this....do you post on gay web sites or feminist sites? Like I said earlier, why would you post in the FYI section about rebuiding a block, when you have never rebuilt an engine in your life.

Sorry man, but hey I dont think you are less than a Z guy because you believe what you believe. I am sure we both can learn something about our cars that the other didnt know. Plus I drive a G not a Z. I guess I have no business posting here either?

You are free to express yourself in anyway you feel. I think rainbows on cars are silly. I do have gay friends. I dont believe in it, but myself, wife, and family have many gay friends.

I think the problem is the misconception that Christians look down on others that are not Christians. I have no clue if you, me or muslims are going to heaven or hell. All I know for sure is that while I am here I aim to satisfy my need or understanding of what it takes to get there.

I guess everyone on the forum should take off all there mods, because I dont feel the need for them to advertise Stillen over HKS?
Old 08-02-2007, 09:20 AM
4SHIZZIL

I think it got closed because of the pic that was posted with a girl with the cross shoved down her throat and bloody OH AND HER NIPPLES WERE BEING SHOWN :P

I didnt get a chance to see the above. Thats what I dont understand. I dont go up to gay people and say..hey dude your gay. So why would anyone purposely disrespect anothers faith...maybe its because they lack back respect for other poeple which is why they believe in what they believe.

I spent 14 months in Iraq. I volunteered to go. I saw religion like no one on this board has seen. To watch someone believe in what they believe so much as to set themselves on fire or blow up a row of cars is absolutely unspeakable. With that said, that does not represent all that believe in that particular faith. Not all Christians are pushy, and not all ATHI are violent or overly agressive.

Not all black people live in the Ghetto, Not all poor white poeple live in trailers. Society has been changed so much... and for the most part it has demished the basic respect for one another.

Even though Shabba (not to pick on him) has expressed his views, if I saw him broken down on the side of the road I would help him or at least stop to see if his is OK.

Being a decent humnan being crosses all lines of Race, Religion, or Backgrounds.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:22 AM
4SHIZZIL

Default Unfortunately

btw im Christian but I do not believe that religion should be pushed on anybody. Some that share my faith think otherwise

Those are the folks who give Christians a bad name. Heck the KKK said that they were following the Bible and believed what they were doing to blacks was Biblical. Obviously things have changed, especially for the young professional america.

My house on the weekends looks like a UN meeting.

LOL
Old 08-02-2007, 09:28 AM
Driven1
Professional

No disrespect to anyone, but I still fail to see the point of this thread and it's purpose in the mid-a regional forum. There is nothing stated in this thread that references the Mid-A region specifically. Honestly, it could be viewed as a form of segregating the Christian Z owners from the rest. Not saying that I see it that way, but it honestly could. Just like you say 4-Shizzle why would you post a religious based thread outside of the forums put up for that specific purpose and discussion on religion?

I don't judge people by their beliefs whatsoever, but there is a right time and place for these discussions and IMO it doesn't belong in a regional forum that is meant for local car discussions, events, planning, and gatherings.

I don't visit the religous section of this forum b/c I choose not to discuss it or hear about it.

IMO this thread and the others are VERY similar to a thread that could be like "Any other (insert race) drive Z's?" And I just don't think that's right.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:32 AM
Nowell
National Z Club

Originally Posted by 4SHIZZIL G-SPOT

I spent 14 months in Iraq. I volunteered to go. I saw religion like no one on this board has seen. To watch someone believe in what they believe so much as to set themselves on fire or blow up a row of cars is absolutely unspeakable. With that said, that does not represent all that believe in that particular faith. Not all Christians are pushy, and not all ATHI are violent or overly agressive.
Ease up there homie, there are a few of us veterans around that have seen some of the worst crap people can do to other people. Don't climb that soap box.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:32 AM
4SHIZZIL

Default Had my second red bull.....lol

Originally Posted by DROPPEDIT2WCE
I still feel that your religion should be kept to yourself, some people feel strongly in thier own religion and when it is discussed openly in a place that it is uncommon to hear or see a discussion about religion; it can taken out of context like someone is trying to force thier ways on you. I personally could be considered a Christian, I don't hate anyone for thier beliefs, race, music choice, etc. etc. etc. but I don't go to church or believe in something there is no physical evidence or proof of. To each his own, stick to what you believe and don't let anyone change your beliefs or interfere with anyone elses beliefs.

Peace and chicken grease, see you guys at the beach!
This is why its so uncomfortable....no one talks about it. We all have learned so much about one another from this forum. Lets keep that going? I think that by finding out that a Christian is saying that if another Christian is forcing their veiws on you....thats wrong. Hering that may just help someone have a better view. After 911, so to bring it up, but most of America hated every person whom looked like a Muslim...that was so wrong, but until MTV and the President came out and voiced outrage did things change.

I am still the crazy person doing illegal donuts in the street, trying to break his own drift distance record mph. (45mph). I just wanted to address a weakness in our Z/G community which is RESPECT FOR ONE ANOTHER.

I love and respect everyone that I have met on here, and often go out of my way to help. Not because I am a Christian (well party), but mostly because I care about poeple in general. I respect their space. That is the lesson that needs to be learned here.

Everyone has had a good and bad experience with Performance shops, the opposite sex, family members, a fast food chain, or performance parts and religion. Now does that give us the baseline to assume everyperson, place or thing will be the same? I think not.

We need to learn from our mistakes and push the Z/G envelpe like my boy Alberto and Function and whoever else does.

I am just pushing in other ways....

We are scared to talk about it, because no one does...its no big deal. With maturity one finds peace in being themselves. Bashing others is a sign of weakness and ignorance not matter what religion.

My 75 cents!
Old 08-02-2007, 09:38 AM
4SHIZZIL

Originally Posted by Motormouth

Thats not my point nor was it the point of the OP.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:41 AM
4SHIZZIL

Well I guess we are done then....DRIVEN 1 has spoken....lol

Just messing....I was just fired up that the other one was closed. I am glad to know that more VA/DC/MD Z more that much more in common with me! That was the point of this thread and the original OP.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:42 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Driven1
No disrespect to anyone, but I still fail to see the point of this thread and it's purpose in the mid-a regional forum. There is nothing stated in this thread that references the Mid-A region specifically. Honestly, it could be viewed as a form of segregating the Christian Z owners from the rest. Not saying that I see it that way, but it honestly could. Just like you say 4-Shizzle why would you post a religious based thread outside of the forums put up for that specific purpose and discussion on religion?

I don't judge people by their beliefs whatsoever, but there is a right time and place for these discussions and IMO it doesn't belong in a regional forum that is meant for local car discussions, events, planning, and gatherings.

I don't visit the religous section of this forum b/c I choose not to discuss it or hear about it.

IMO this thread and the others are VERY similar to a thread that could be like "Any other (insert race) drive Z's?" And I just don't think that's right

+1 I been following this thread and the other and didnt feel like typing my thoughts on this. Robbie summed how I feel up nicely....
Old 08-02-2007, 09:49 AM
mdracer76
Banned

I think it was my lion that got the other thread closed .

I smell a photchop brewing to lighten the mood.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:50 AM
RedBullRR

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

atheist is spelt with an e before the i.

Thats besides the point. Why people get offended when it comes to peoples beliefs are beyond me. Everyone is entitled, and I didnt take it the wrong way.

I personally dont believe in religion, I believe in God, not religion. If you have faith who cares what anyone else thinks.

Quick Reply: ****Any Christains on here??!***