Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

****Any Christains on here??!***

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 06:09 PM
4SHIZZIL

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Shabba2
Hey! Where? Do you mean down my way? As in you might be able to actually come to the Richmond Friday night car meets?

lol,,,,yeah richmond/ashland area...I have been to two Friday night meets....once I went across the bridge and ended up at a Sheets or something like that. Two weeks ago I ended up talking with a bunch of Evo guys...they were cool.

My wife is from Richmond.
Old 08-03-2007, 03:35 AM
TENGAI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nowell
I know, and since im an a$$ ill tell the whole world! Hes doing an LS1 swap but unlike Noah, his will work.
LOL... Not quite, but by the time everything's done it should be able to keep up with the rest of you guys.
Old 08-03-2007, 04:25 AM
4SHIZZIL

Originally Posted by TENGAI
LOL... Not quite, but by the time everything's done it should be able to keep up with the rest of you guys.

Ok I might as well let the cat out of the bag too...Im working on a scooter with a 2 stage Nitros Kit....estimated high 8s in the quarter...but I cant hang on after 140mph....the road rash is getting bad.

Last edited by 4SHIZZIL; 08-04-2007 at 06:01 AM.
Old 08-03-2007, 06:23 AM
DROPPEDIT2WCE
Banned

Not to stir up anything but out of coincedence on my way to work this morning there was a group of "Christians" marching down rte 924 with crosses, singing and shouting at passing cars "praise God" "Jesus saves" so on and so on. They were also protesting abortion on rte 24 with signs of burning babies being held by the devil with a set of tongs, thats just sick. Whoever made the sign is mentally disturbed beyond anyone who is an advocate for abortion.

That should be illegal, it could cause someone to wreck and it's just plain disgusting (the signs)

Last edited by DROPPEDIT2WCE; 08-03-2007 at 06:27 AM.
Old 08-03-2007, 06:23 AM
Gooey

this is a weird thread
Old 08-03-2007, 06:51 AM
4SHIZZIL

Default I agree to a point

Originally Posted by DROPPEDIT2WCE
Not to stir up anything but out of coincedence on my way to work this morning there was a group of "Christians" marching down rte 924 with crosses, singing and shouting at passing cars "praise God" "Jesus saves" so on and so on. They were also protesting abortion on rte 24 with signs of burning babies being held by the devil with a set of tongs, thats just sick. Whoever made the sign is mentally disturbed beyond anyone who is an advocate for abortion.

That should be illegal, it could cause someone to wreck and it's just plain disgusting (the signs)
I agree that the pictures are sick and souldnt have been a part of the display....however protest against what you feel is wrong is Ok. people are hired to come protest everyday here in Downtown DC.

those few however dont represent the culture as a hole.

If i had saw that i would of stopped and offered more than my two cents.

i think showing a blown up picture of the fetus in the woman with toes, fingers, eyes,and hair at just a few weeks would of been a better message-----
Old 08-03-2007, 09:59 AM
Biochem7
Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am Christian. I believe the protesters don't understand what Christianity is about. They don't need to prove themselves to God. Jesus already died at the cross for us and that is the only reason we are forgiven for our sins.
Old 08-03-2007, 10:12 AM
4SHIZZIL

Smile

Originally Posted by Biochem7
I am Christian. I believe the protesters don't understand what Christianity is about. They don't need to prove themselves to God. Jesus already died at the cross for us and that is the only reason we are forgiven for our sins.
Yeah it seems as if the older gen Christians look at rules more than forgiveness. If Christians told others how much they sin on a regular basis (me by the hour...DC has some attractive ladies that roam the streets) then I think the forgiveness starts to show through. The objective is to live as sinless of a life as possible (yet knowing that its impossible not to sin).

I think that if Christian leadership explained more about how they struggle looking at women/men and half naked folks on myspace advertisements, and maybe drinking too much from time to time, maybe more people would understand that its not as legalistic as some portray it to be. We all fall short of True Discipline no matter the religion. We are too caught up in society for us not to be. If you watch tv, or listen to the radio..you are a sinner just as bad as if someone murders someone or cheats on his/her spouse.

Sin doesnt have a scale in which we can measure. Staring at the butt on the "Board at work forum" (in which I am guilty. thanks SIAMESE or TENGAI or whatever your name is this week...lol) that is just as bad as verbally abusing your (my) spouse.

Yes this thread is interesting indeed.

My two cents.

Last edited by 4SHIZZIL; 08-03-2007 at 10:15 AM.
Old 08-03-2007, 10:54 AM
Biochem7
Regular

Originally Posted by 4SHIZZIL G-SPOT
Yeah it seems as if the older gen Christians look at rules more than forgiveness. If Christians told others how much they sin on a regular basis (me by the hour...DC has some attractive ladies that roam the streets) then I think the forgiveness starts to show through. The objective is to live as sinless of a life as possible (yet knowing that its impossible not to sin).

I think that if Christian leadership explained more about how they struggle looking at women/men and half naked folks on myspace advertisements, and maybe drinking too much from time to time, maybe more people would understand that its not as legalistic as some portray it to be. We all fall short of True Discipline no matter the religion. We are too caught up in society for us not to be. If you watch tv, or listen to the radio..you are a sinner just as bad as if someone murders someone or cheats on his/her spouse.

Sin doesnt have a scale in which we can measure. Staring at the butt on the "Board at work forum" (in which I am guilty. thanks SIAMESE or TENGAI or whatever your name is this week...lol) that is just as bad as verbally abusing your (my) spouse.

Yes this thread is interesting indeed.

My two cents.
One thing about Christianity: its the only religion that doesn't follow the dogma that you get what you deserve. As a Christian, you are forgiven no matter what you have done or will do. Why? Because Jesus died for all of us. And as long as you believe in your heart that he died for us, you will always be forgiven. When we try to continue proving that we deserve God's forgiveness, we are saying that what Jesus has done is not enough.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:06 AM
kbomb

Christian here...always sinning but working hard not to.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:18 AM
Conceyted

Lol @ religion
Old 08-08-2007, 10:08 AM
Tubbs

One thing about Christianity: its the only religion that doesn't follow the dogma that you get what you deserve. As a Christian, you are forgiven no matter what you have done or will do. Why? Because Jesus died for all of us. And as long as you believe in your heart that he died for us, you will always be forgiven. When we try to continue proving that we deserve God's forgiveness, we are saying that what Jesus has done is not enough.

Only if you're a christian. All others be damned.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:21 AM
4SHIZZIL

Originally Posted by Tubbs

come on tubbs play nice...lol.

We believe what we believe. I believe Vancouver has some wild and crazy ladies. Went for new years in 2004 and it was off the hook up there.

Stayed at the Panpacific Hotel...the one with the cruise ships that doc there....very nice place...
Old 08-08-2007, 10:25 AM
Tubbs

Originally Posted by 4SHIZZIL G-SPOT
come on tubbs play nice...lol.

We believe what we believe. I believe Vancouver has some wild and crazy ladies. Went for new years in 2004 and it was off the hook up there.

Stayed at the Panpacific Hotel...the one with the cruise ships that doc there....very nice place...

nice.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:38 AM
Shabba2

And therein lies one of the most maddening things about your religion: it is NOT all inclusive.

Let's say that I die tommorow and there IS an afterlife (and ftr, I think this idea is silly and utter horse****). Do you really think that your god would send me to damnation because I didn't believe in it? Were my 32 years of relatively good living (notice relatively) overshadowed by the fact that I did not bow down and serve (believe) in something that made little sense to me?

Well, if the answer is yes, then you can have it. I don't want to go somewhere like that where the leader is an arrogant ***** because guess what? The idea of a vengeful god is just that: an arrogant, egotistical, self serving deity. Who wants that? Not me.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:53 AM
I1DER

I don't think it is fair. The mid-Atlantic forum lets Tubbs discuss there and he isn't even a Christian, but I am an excluded Christian because I live outside the region.

I'm obviously excluded or you would have posted this in a non-regional forum. Thanks. The Christians on the West coast apparently aren't bigots as some in the Mid-Atlantic are. I also didn't hear any complaints from other Mid-Atlantic Christians criticizing the exclusivity of their area forum for Christian discussions.

If I remember correctly, Christ was a Jew from the Mid-East not the Mid-Atlantic.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:59 AM
Tubbs

Originally Posted by I1DER
I don't think it is fair. The mid-Atlantic forum lets Tubbs discuss there and he isn't even a Christian, but I am an excluded Christian because I live outside the region.

I'm obviously excluded or you would have posted this in a non-regional forum. Thanks. The Christians on the West coast apparently aren't bigots as some in the Mid-Atlantic are. I also didn't hear any complaints from other Mid-Atlantic Christians criticizing the exclusivity of their area forum for Christian discussions.

If I remember correctly, Christ was a Jew from the Mid-East not the Mid-Atlantic.

I've been banned by the super mods.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:07 AM
Biochem7
Regular

Originally Posted by Tubbs
No one is damned. Some people are just unaware. Being Christian doesn't mean you get membership into an exclusive club. As long as "you" believe that Jesus died on the cross for you, that's all that matters.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:11 AM
I1DER

I probably will too, being that I'm posting here in a thread for Christians other than myself, being that I'm not in the Mid-Atlantic area. Maybe someone will open a Christian discussion in the religion forum so we can't be discriminated against.

What is needed is an exclusive place for Christians like the Females have here, where we could get our own password and be free from all the non-Christian harassment. It could be called the "Z's for Jesus", but personally I don't think He would approve. He preferred to walk.

I promise I won't knowingly post in the Mid-Atlantic forum again....unless I move there.

Last edited by I1DER; 08-08-2007 at 11:13 AM.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:21 AM
DanielW
Banned

I'm not even gonna bother to state my religious preference but I will say this. Christians are like gays (ha should get some reaction outta that one), they're fine until they start trying to be in your face with it then they get out of line. And to be honest I see more christians than any other religion doing that (except maybe those crazy a$$ jehovas)

Quick Reply: ****Any Christains on here??!***