Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

I hate car business!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 01:39 PM
JuanFunction2ND
Sponsor
Function:Tuned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DROPPEDIT2WCE
Are you sure? I remember getting a few resume's but your SN isn't ringing a bell... PM me if you are still interested, we just opened a HUGGEEE new facility in Baltimore.

And to the guy ******* on Discount or merchants tire, theres no reason to bust someones ***** for hard work!!! I work at a 15 billion dollar a year business I work 7am-5, 5:30, 6:00 (no break, for four years now!!) whatever it takes to get the job done. This is how you get where you want to be unless mommy and daddy are going to hand you everything for the rest of your life.
thats how its done!!! +100000
Old 09-29-2007, 02:01 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Sell me a Toyota Camry.
Old 09-29-2007, 02:36 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Hraesvelg
Sell me a Toyota Camry.
Ok sir does it have to be hydrogen powered or nuclear powered.
Old 09-29-2007, 03:10 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by superchargedg
Ok sir does it have to be hydrogen powered or nuclear powered.
Neither, it's for my wife.
Old 09-30-2007, 05:19 AM
4SHIZZIL

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Well I was in the military for 6 years.

I sold cars for Farifax Chrysler for 2 months. I broke every sales record they had, and I still feel that effort vs pay doesnt compute.

Because I was in the military I have a gov clearance.

I locked myself in my room for 30 days and read the A+ book. I took the test and was certified. My fist gig was for 40K just one week after passing my test!

I only made about 26K after 6 years in the AF.

I got another job offer 30 days later for 45K (I took it)

I got another offer 3 months later for 55K, now this is in year 2003.

If you average how much I made from the first to the second per year. I have pretty much maitained that increase!

Buy the A+ book for 60 bucks...pass the test.

become a computer nerd and sit on you azz and do drifts in the parking garage like I do....lol
Funy thing is...I HATE COMPUTERS!!!! ROTFLMAO! but it pays the bills

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGAibrhj_ek
Old 09-30-2007, 07:34 AM
Billhyco

Originally Posted by DROPPEDIT2WCE
And to the guy ******* on Discount or merchants tire, theres no reason to bust someones ***** for hard work!!! I work at a 15 billion dollar a year business I work 7am-5, 5:30, 6:00 (no break, for four years now!!) whatever it takes to get the job done. This is how you get where you want to be unless mommy and daddy are going to hand you everything for the rest of your life.
not busting anyones *****, just trying to save someone from making a mistake and going to work for a piece of crap company. as i do applaud you for busting your ***, i just personally don't believe in killing yourself so someone else can reek the benefits of you making them 15 billion a year....to use your example. If that 15 billion is yours, then wow, keep doing what your doing. I don't know you but I would assume, its not your money. If you have been working those kind hours for 4 years now, maybe you need a promotion, or maybe one day you will realize there is a lot more to life then just working for the man. I work my *** off daily from 730-6, i take a lunch, i go home. I enjoy my family, and the better things in life tthen to work like a slave for someone else. Yet I still make good money for not having a degree (58k-62k which in NC is decent). If your billion dollar company appreciates what you do and they show you that then that is definately helpful. But when talking about Merchants Tire as I was, that place could care less if ya give life, limb, youngest child, and soul for them as long as your making THEM money. Flame on if you like...its just my opinion.

Last edited by Billhyco; 09-30-2007 at 07:37 AM.
Old 09-30-2007, 04:35 PM
ilbkuup

I sell Toyotas as well. I am an Internet Sales Manager. I love the job and the $. The month of Sept. was slow for everyone. I mean everyone.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:47 AM
DROPPEDIT2WCE
Banned

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Billhyco
not busting anyones *****, just trying to save someone from making a mistake and going to work for a piece of crap company. as i do applaud you for busting your ***, i just personally don't believe in killing yourself so someone else can reek the benefits of you making them 15 billion a year....to use your example. If that 15 billion is yours, then wow, keep doing what your doing. I don't know you but I would assume, its not your money. If you have been working those kind hours for 4 years now, maybe you need a promotion, or maybe one day you will realize there is a lot more to life then just working for the man. I work my *** off daily from 730-6, i take a lunch, i go home. I enjoy my family, and the better things in life tthen to work like a slave for someone else. Yet I still make good money for not having a degree (58k-62k which in NC is decent). If your billion dollar company appreciates what you do and they show you that then that is definately helpful. But when talking about Merchants Tire as I was, that place could care less if ya give life, limb, youngest child, and soul for them as long as your making THEM money. Flame on if you like...its just my opinion.

I have been through three promotions, basically working my way from the ground up. Unless you are handed a great job right out of school, or start a successful business in about one month (so you can pay your bills/expenses) than you have to work for it! I am a hard worker and I will continue to be rewarded for it, I dont need a 10-4 job to be the man nor do I need 15billion in my pocket (wouldn't it be nice?). However being a top contributor to those figures gets me all the kicks I need. If you don't work hard everyday how will you show anyone you are capable of striving for performance and results? You will/would never, never, never be considered for a promotion at my company unless you are ontop of your game and willing to work whatever is necessary soon to be 6:00am UNTIL THE JOB IS DONE.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:15 AM
jumpin800agl
8 to 11

Originally Posted by Jay'Z
I appreciate you trying to send me new recruits..
Jay I am doing that every month, requesting you specifically for their training. . . they came back saying you were soft. j/k
Old 10-01-2007, 02:26 PM
4SHIZZIL

[QUOTE=Billhyco] I enjoy my family, and the better things in life tthen to work like a slave for someone else. Yet I still make good money for not having a degree (58k-62k which in NC is decent). QUOTE]

I dont have a degree either (although I am school full time now, now sleeping every other night). Id rather be home with my wife than making someone else money like Bill says....or drifting..lol.

Put it like this. I know guys just starting out in the DC/Baltimore area making like 60K with no experience.

Computers FTMFW!

Again, I hate computers, but it pays the bills.

Dont think Im some suit and tie panzie pretty boy either (although I am one handsome ****...lol.. I built F-15's for 6 years and worked like a rapped ape 14hrs a day 6 sometimes 7 days a week.

I swore that I would one day wear a suit to work, well now I do and I dont have to work outside in 140 or -40 degree weather like I once did for 26K a year.

Hell... 6 years at McDonalds pays 40 with benefits!
Old 10-01-2007, 03:16 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

(although I am one handsome ****...lol.. .
Well i dont know about that.
Old 10-01-2007, 03:22 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by SekZee
i love selling cars, don't get me wrong, im new to it, but i picked up quick.. im great with customers and generally a nice guy to them, that's how i TRICK most of them into buying (and at sticker) lol... i sell on average 14-16 cars a month...july sucked, i had to go to cincinnati a few times, didnt put that much time in. August ROCKED, so did june...September sucks, cuz i keep getting dumbass customers. ITS JUST MY LUCK!
THis is why I hate stealerships! LOL but your right, theres suckers everywhere!

Last edited by zand02max; 10-01-2007 at 03:24 PM.
Old 10-01-2007, 03:50 PM
4SHIZZIL

(although I am one handsome ****...lol.. .
Well i dont know about that.

Well not all of us can have SUPER looks like you SUPERG.

Im just trying to be beautifully boosted like you!

lol
Old 10-01-2007, 04:21 PM
ACEMAN
Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I sold Hondas for a year. And it was by far my least favorite job..

The problem with selling cars is how the management brain washes you into making sales. They put you through all these sales training classes and teach you how to rip off the custormer. There is alot of presure to sell so many cars a month. They set goals for you and if you dont make these goals they sit you down and want to know why. Too much BS for me.

I had the honest face too and thats how i was able to sell what i sold. But, at the end of the day, i did not feel good about what i was doing..

Now im in the IT buisness ( application support ) much happier..I dont mind a sales job, just dont like car sales.

One thing i can say about sales... Learn all you can about what you are selling and learn everything you can about your competition. And most important, be honest.

Just my thoughts
Todd
Old 10-02-2007, 03:01 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Originally Posted by 4SHIZZIL G-SPOT
Well not all of us can have SUPER looks like you SUPERG.

Im just trying to be beautifully boosted like you!

lol
Super look,s went out when i was young,cmon man it,s time to get some booooooost in ya.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:24 AM
4SHIZZIL

Default Soon, my friend, soon!

Super look,s went out when i was young,cmon man it,s time to get some booooooost in ya.
Once I quit scarring myself running N/A I will be ready....lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGAibrhj_ek
Old 10-06-2007, 07:07 AM
FrederickNissan

The car business is no different than any other business in America. Everybody is selling something. If you are a computer programmer than you are simply selling your time. The secret to wealth is being able to duplicate your efforts through others. The car business is hard but it has been very rewarding to me. I started as a salesman and now own a store. It isn't easy unless you are a S.O.B. (son of the boss) I had to scrape and leverage everything I own to become an owner after 21 years in the business working for someone else. I wish you luck in whatever you do. Do yourself a favor and find something that you enjoy doing most of the time and stick with it. Good things can happen if you invest your time at one place. Sorry if I sound like a parent

LOL
Old 10-08-2007, 06:19 AM
hurahn

Sorry you feel like that man. That's why I hate going to dealerships unless I'm ready to buy. Don't want to waste your time.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:47 AM
ZIABLO
I am Batman

Originally Posted by FrederickNissan
The car business is no different than any other business in America. Everybody is selling something. If you are a computer programmer than you are simply selling your time.
If I was a car salesman, I don't think they'd let me work from home most of the time lol. And you're buying a hell of a lot more than just my time!

Quick Reply: I hate car business!!!!