Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

FREE puppies

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 11:14 AM
zchick321

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

...robbie i think u should buy everyone a dog that posted ... :-)

jk
Old 10-03-2007, 11:16 AM
Driven1
Professional

Originally Posted by zchick321
...robbie i think u should buy everyone a dog that posted ... :-)

jk

If someone wants to adopt my little monster, Im all for it. J/K I love her too much to give her up despite the headaches she causes sometimes.
Old 10-03-2007, 11:42 AM
Espresso

Originally Posted by Driven1
Then SPAM it is! That is the EXACT same email we recieved. Uggghhhhh, thats just soooooo f'ed up in soooo many ways.
Nah, what's messed up is those of you who's calling the numbers in those spam emails. It's no wonder no one answered the phone. Poor person must of been bombarded with calls.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:06 PM
Driven1
Professional

Originally Posted by Espresso
Nah, what's messed up is those of you who's calling the numbers in those spam emails. It's no wonder no one answered the phone. Poor person must of been bombarded with calls.
Well maybe you should've jumped in when it was posted and enlightened us all. Since you seem to be smarter than the rest of us.

Obviously noone knew right away. Did you miss the part where we found out the numbers were different in different emails? Or do you know that if you're emailing from an office it often attaches a sig for you with your contact info? Also notice right away where I told people to hold on b/c I was looking into it given further information? And maybe they should've sent something out expalining what they forwarded after they recieved calls and didn't know?

In the particular email to me the chain was only 3 people long INCLUDING the person who sent it from our office. The ONLY other 2 were from a non-affiliated office but connected through friends.

Oh..... And thanks for being a D*ck cool guy.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:09 PM
GiangFunction2ND
Banned

man im pissed. wtf man. no bueno.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:26 PM
DROPPEDIT2WCE
Banned

Originally Posted by TENGAI
http://www.saic.com/

One of the larger defense contracting companies...

SAIC buys all thier plumbing supplies from me

a scam like this makes me mad, just put my 16yr old yellow lab to sleep a week ago
Old 10-03-2007, 04:17 PM
mdracer76
Banned

Originally Posted by jtabraham
I think this is some kind of a spam/fake e-mail going around.

I got the same e-mail from a coworker with the same puppy pictures, but a contact for them in the Atlanta area:

Say it ain't so!
Old 10-03-2007, 05:16 PM
BestThreadEver

thats just wrong...
Old 10-03-2007, 05:26 PM
drivenCSZ

this was posted on our public message board at work the other day...same picture and all. thats f'ed up.
Old 10-03-2007, 08:11 PM
k3silk

thats crazy didnt read much of this thread but one of my co-workers show me the same thing today.
Old 10-04-2007, 02:55 AM
KManZ
Banned

What a messed up way to get revenge on someone though... your girlfriend cheats on you, how do you retaliate? Put her number(s) on a For Sale: Adorable Puppies Saved From Death ad, and watch her blow up from around the clock mercy calls.
Old 10-04-2007, 04:06 AM
Espresso

Originally Posted by Driven1
Well maybe you should've jumped in when it was posted and enlightened us all. Since you seem to be smarter than the rest of us.

Obviously noone knew right away. Did you miss the part where we found out the numbers were different in different emails? Or do you know that if you're emailing from an office it often attaches a sig for you with your contact info? Also notice right away where I told people to hold on b/c I was looking into it given further information? And maybe they should've sent something out expalining what they forwarded after they recieved calls and didn't know?

In the particular email to me the chain was only 3 people long INCLUDING the person who sent it from our office. The ONLY other 2 were from a non-affiliated office but connected through friends.

Oh..... And thanks for being a D*ck cool guy.
Sorry man but I only found out about the hoax after a ton of people already responded. I at least made an effort to tell you about the hoax but yet you blame me for being a d*ick since you couldn't get a puppy? If you really wanted a dog, walk yourself to the pet store or pound man. Lets not pull a Dan Rather and start blaming others for posting a hoax and not realizing it was all false to begin with. Mistakes happen, just live with it.
Old 10-04-2007, 04:09 AM
Driven1
Professional

Sorry man but I only found out about the hoax after a ton of people already responded. I at least made an effort to tell you about the hoax but yet you blame me for being a d*ick since you couldn't get a puppy? If you really wanted a dog, walk yourself to the pet store or pound man. Lets not pull a Dan Rather and start blaming others for posting a hoax and not realizing it was all false to begin with. Mistakes happen, just live with it.

You're late to the party man. We had already figured it out and I had already shown my unhappiness with it and yet once again you FAIL to read..I already have a dog.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:31 AM
abui01

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you blame me for being a d*ick since you couldn't get a puppy?
Actually he blamed you for saying:
Nah, what's messed up is those of you who's calling the numbers in those spam emails.
So calling a number for a good cause is messed up? At this point, it's not about the puppies, it's about the intent of the call. Yes it could have been a hoax or not, but many of us do not have the luxury of your statement below:
Sorry man but I only found out about the hoax after a ton of people already responded.
Not everyone knew it was a hoax, therefore people who actually cared about these abandoned puppies responded and called those numbers... how is this "messed up?"

Example of the same scenario, but let's put you in other people's shoes:
So you're saying that if some douche bag came up to you and lied about your friend who was.. let's say.. dying in the hospital; and you (being a caring person) called the hospital to checkup on your friend and blew up their lines to see if he's doing okay...
Poor person must of been bombarded with calls.
I suppose blowing up their lines in this case is messed up too right? Especially since you didn't know better?
Old 10-04-2007, 05:54 AM
Espresso

^Haha, thanks for breaking those quotes out and analyzing the thread. I didn't mean to step on anyone's toes for wanting to adopt a pet. It's for a good cause but it happen to turn out to be a hoax that I tried to point out, perhaps a little too late. I just feel bad for those on the receiving end of those calls, albeit for good reasons by the caller. Hence it's messed up.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:04 AM
Integrity
Banned

Because the original email was a hoax, I've decided to post these puppies for everyone to enjoy;