Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

NEW! Weekly RVA Friday Night Short Pump Meet

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 04:16 PM
FORZWIN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MrKaira
I am opening a restaurant with my dad. 1/2 owner.

http://www.jimmyjohns.com

Its going to be open in >6 months. We are signing the lease this week/early next week for the space right next to Vitamin Shop on West Broad (right next to Victory in the new shopping center). I am absolutely stoked about it, and will definitely be forcing you to bring all your coworkers there.

And as far as my car... well... it's a surprise LOL

Does that mean I can get complimentary subs from time to time for some late night\early morning exhaust\sway bar work? lol

What's good lately? Haven't seen much going on here, when are we getting together again? Someone still owes me a ride in their 350Z...

Last edited by FORZWIN; 04-07-2008 at 04:18 PM.
Old 04-07-2008, 05:25 PM
Clipdin
SHIFT_happens

Mmmmmm, subs. Hey Chris, the reason you haven't seen us is cause it's been raining every Friday for what feels like the last two months!!

Maybe you can join us on Mike's tax day get together.

Mike, where's that car???!!!!!!
Old 04-07-2008, 05:52 PM
annahandres

Jimmy Johns.. Yum!

Oh yeah Mike... I got a kid who wants to buy my car for $1500. He says he's serious, he works next door so I see him all the time. Let me know if you are still interested.

I KBBed my car for the hell of it , and in 'fair' condition meaning needing mechanical and/or body work is $4515 surprisingly.
Old 04-07-2008, 06:04 PM
FORZWIN

Yea, I've been pretty busy with my sentra as of late aswell, I'm sure that has something to do with it, even managed to AutoX it Sunday!

I'm all for Mike's Tax celebration I guess he's still away so we'll get something concrete when he gets back.
Old 04-08-2008, 04:14 PM
HokieZ

Ack, well for tax celebration I suppose not having to pay a penalty for over-withholding is something to celebrate but the check I'm writing sure as hell isn't. What's the plan/location?
Old 04-09-2008, 12:29 PM
MrKaira
Really MrZ31

Originally Posted by annahandres
Jimmy Johns.. Yum!

Oh yeah Mike... I got a kid who wants to buy my car for $1500. He says he's serious, he works next door so I see him all the time. Let me know if you are still interested.

I KBBed my car for the hell of it , and in 'fair' condition meaning needing mechanical and/or body work is $4515 surprisingly.
Sounds good! Don't hold off for me, my check to the state was no fun either haha. If it were this time next year, I could do something, right now with getting the restaurant open and leaving CC while I'm doing it, things are tight. Are you going to keep driving the Bravada or are you doing something else? $1500 for that car, even as a rolling chassis is an excellent deal.

End-of-tax season celebration sounds good to me, because whether you are getting money back or paying more money, you're probably just glad as hell its over!

Doesn't matter to me where we meet up, just somewhere with food/beer
Old 04-09-2008, 12:36 PM
annahandres

Well the bravada is my dad's car and so I'm hoping it's just temp but I know no one is buying another new car any time soon (mom just got the astra xr coupe). It sucks having to spend $5 on gas every time I drive to work. $1500 is a good deal I wish I could get more for it. When are you opening the restaurant? Jimmy Johns is awesome.
Old 04-09-2008, 12:45 PM
MrKaira
Really MrZ31

Well the bravada is my dad's car and so I'm hoping it's just temp but I know no one is buying another new car any time soon (mom just got the astra xr coupe). It sucks having to spend $5 on gas every time I drive to work. $1500 is a good deal I wish I could get more for it. When are you opening the restaurant? Jimmy Johns is awesome.
We were just at the HQ the past couple days for some more meetings, but we should be opening in >5 months. How do you know about JJs? Not many people around here have ever heard of it. Want to work there or know anyone that does? I need about 20-25 people plus an assistant manager.

We are signing the lease tomorrow, should take possession of the site in one week. Its going to be on west broad, just east of Victory Nissan in the new shopping center, next to vitamin shop!
Old 04-09-2008, 04:42 PM
Clipdin
SHIFT_happens

End-of-tax season celebration sounds good to me, because whether you are getting money back or paying more money, you're probably just glad as hell its over!
Not over for me. My wife always drags her feet on getting all her documentation together, so I'm always filing extensions. That backs up our return AND my free govt. play money from Lil' Bush.

Its going to be on west broad, just east of Victory Nissan in the new shopping center, next to vitamin shop!
Hey, that's right down the road from my office. JJ's for lunch, woohoo!
Old 04-09-2008, 06:37 PM
annahandres

We were just at the HQ the past couple days for some more meetings, but we should be opening in >5 months. How do you know about JJs? Not many people around here have ever heard of it. Want to work there or know anyone that does? I need about 20-25 people plus an assistant manager.

We are signing the lease tomorrow, should take possession of the site in one week. Its going to be on west broad, just east of Victory Nissan in the new shopping center, next to vitamin shop!
I went to one in NC a few months ago. Otherwise I would have no clue what it was. I do have a job, actually like 2 minutes from where your restaurant is going to be.. Blythe next to Panera across from the mall.. but hey if the price is right and I can work it into my current schedule (30-35 hrs/week) I probably should be working 2 jobs if I want a car any time soon.
Old 04-11-2008, 04:30 AM
MrKaira
Really MrZ31

Anyone able to meet up tonight?

I went to one in NC a few months ago. Otherwise I would have no clue what it was. I do have a job, actually like 2 minutes from where your restaurant is going to be.. Blythe next to Panera across from the mall.. but hey if the price is right and I can work it into my current schedule (30-35 hrs/week) I probably should be working 2 jobs if I want a car any time soon.
Well, you've got some time to think about it! I won't be hiring until this summer.
Old 04-11-2008, 04:40 AM
Clipdin
SHIFT_happens

Do we FINALLY get to see your car???? Yeah, I should be able to make it by. Bottoms Up? Starbucks? Macy's parking lot?
Old 04-11-2008, 06:27 AM
yusoslo

sheit, we need to have the meets at Taboo. Now that would be pimp!!! haha.

Well fellas I will be in Va Beach selling some jobs so I wont even be in RIC till 9pm tonite...but as they say money talks.

PS you guys have to start enjoying your cars at some Auto-x's

www.get-fast.net

www.vmsc.org

it will be the best 30 bucks you have ever spent and in my 4 years of doing this I have never seen anyone, roll, flip, catch fire, or cause serious damage to your car....so dont worry.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:26 AM
annahandres

I'm on my break right now so I can't check this thread for long but if anyone wants to meet at short pump I'd be down I wanna see the new car! I will try to bring my noob with me too haha!
Old 04-11-2008, 12:14 PM
Clipdin
SHIFT_happens

I'm on my break right now so I can't check this thread for long but if anyone wants to meet at short pump I'd be down I wanna see the new car! I will try to bring my noob with me too haha!
Okay, Blythe parking lot!!
Old 04-11-2008, 02:17 PM
MrKaira
Really MrZ31

haha scott I think its just you me and anna. Depending on what we do mrskaira might come out.

I'm going to go out and wash my car, just call me and we'll discuss.
Old 04-11-2008, 05:28 PM
Clipdin
SHIFT_happens

Sorry guys / gals, I bagged out so that I could install my new Fujita throttle body connectors before the rain comes.
Old 04-11-2008, 06:25 PM
yusoslo

how much power does the blue elbows add?

And a hellz yeah for doing work on your own car Scott!
Old 04-11-2008, 08:14 PM
Clipdin
SHIFT_happens

Originally Posted by yusoslo
how much power does the blue elbows add?

And a hellz yeah for doing work on your own car Scott!
Yeah, I was determined to do this myself, LOL!! Musta added at least 5+ HP!
Old 04-14-2008, 11:08 AM
MrKaira
Really MrZ31

anyone still able to meet tomorrow after work?

Quick Reply: NEW! Weekly RVA Friday Night Short Pump Meet