Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

NEW! Weekly RVA Friday Night Short Pump Meet

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 03:26 PM
FORZWIN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What about something along the lines of a RIC cookout? I know, Chesterfield is generally not a good idea, but if we can find a park and rent a pavilion or something there is usually plenty of parking and the grill . Just make a list and have everyone bring something when they show up, or is that too cliche'?

Afterwards maybe we can do some sort of cruise? It would be nice to get rolling shots and video of everyone. Maybe I'm going too far with this?
Old 04-21-2008, 03:53 PM
MrKaira
Really MrZ31

Originally Posted by Rican350
If the meet were on a sunday i wouldnt be able to make it, but either a friday or saturday. So if its on one of those days im down.
Start coming out to the weekly meets again! We're always looking for new people to hang out with!
Old 04-21-2008, 04:02 PM
MrKaira
Really MrZ31

Originally Posted by FORZWIN
What about something along the lines of a RIC cookout? I know, Chesterfield is generally not a good idea, but if we can find a park and rent a pavilion or something there is usually plenty of parking and the grill . Just make a list and have everyone bring something when they show up, or is that too cliche'?

Afterwards maybe we can do some sort of cruise? It would be nice to get rolling shots and video of everyone. Maybe I'm going too far with this?
Yeah, I think that would be good for memorial day, or is that too busy for everyone already?

I'll check on the Deep Run park up here. I know there is plenty of space, and places to grill. I'd do it here but there is absolutely no space for more than 5 people to park.

When we get a date solidified I will put up a list of stuff we need (plates, chips, etc.) and people can sign up, plus say $2 per person for hamburger/hot dogs? I think thats pretty fair.

A new thread for the big meet would be good... and I think we should extend the invite to all of VA, even though I bet a lot of people won't show because of the distance.

You could be in charge of the cruise route and photography/video haha... btw... I saw a couple b13 se-r's, and I'm pretty interested in one that will run reliably that I can work on over time (not in need of immediate attention like the one you have was, because I want to daily drive it). Let me konw if you come up on a steal!
Old 04-21-2008, 05:01 PM
FORZWIN

I have no plans for Memorial Day, but let me check before I commit to anything.

I think that sounds fair, hopefully no one jerks us around and we end up having to make a store run. You can invite everyone in the MidA, but I doubt they'll make the drive for us southerners.

I found this one:

Dorey Park
2999 Darbytown Rd
Richmond, VA

I'd like to have something a little west of the river as I'm a little more familiar out there, but I'm sure we'll be fine here. If you look at the street view and go as far down the road as possible, you can see a pavilion by the lake. That looks like a pretty sweet spot.

I've got a nice route that runs about 2hrs, it's a nice faster-paced drive, but it's on the other side of the river, and we'd end up spending 30min to get there. The nice thing is that it dumps in Brandermill, so it should be convenient for everyone.

Last edited by FORZWIN; 04-21-2008 at 05:04 PM.
Old 04-21-2008, 05:09 PM
annahandres

What about somewhere in Byrd Park? It would probably cost $ to rent at the Amphitheatre or Brown's Island.. but there would be plenty of parking to line up all the Zs on the road and there are a couple different spots around the parks that I believe might have grills set up? I could be making this up of course haha but I feel like there are places we could do it there.
Old 04-21-2008, 05:56 PM
yusoslo

YEAH! my Motordyne spacer and turboXS catback will be here wed and friday respectively!

Also have a saturday appointment to get the headliner sueded as well.
Old 04-21-2008, 05:59 PM
yusoslo

browns island would be pimp...where they hold the Ferrari and Jag Concours meet every year...but I think it cost $$ too.

Also it would be cool to take pics at the Wythe building on the river...the big white house looking thing. It has a winding road in front we could all park our cars...prob a bad hangout but a super cool photo shoot, and 1/2 mile from there is the railroad museum that is really cool for photo shoots as well
Old 04-22-2008, 12:51 PM
PumpedVA

ok shows over! I have to manage pleasure friday day shift 11-7 but plan on driving my car . weather is looking good!! so what's the plan? when? where? what time? about time I put names with some faces lol
Old 04-23-2008, 04:33 PM
FORZWIN

Originally Posted by PumpedVA
ok shows over! I have to manage pleasure friday day shift 11-7 but plan on driving my car . weather is looking good!! so what's the plan? when? where? what time? about time I put names with some faces lol
I'll be at JDM starbucks Friday night in my beast

Last edited by FORZWIN; 04-23-2008 at 07:05 PM.
Old 04-23-2008, 06:52 PM
willpower

Default hi

Originally Posted by FORZWIN
I'll be at JDM starbucks Friday night in my beast
Hey guys...Im up for something this Friday night ( wifes going out with her pales from work..well thats what she calls him anyway :-) So im free to parteeee.

If your looking at parks guys you might want to check out Rockwood park its of off courthouse and hull st..theres alot of private parking and if you get fed up talking cars there's alot of other stuff to do there....Just a thought.

Take it easy....Moss
Old 04-23-2008, 07:03 PM
FORZWIN

I was going to suggest Rockwood, but Chesterfield county can be real douche's about car gatherings.

A couple of years ago I took part in a supra meet out there and it went pretty well, I guess I just didn't want to take the chance. But if everyone's up for it, it is a pretty convenient place and honestly if we rent the pavilion what can they say?
Old 04-24-2008, 06:28 AM
MrKaira
Really MrZ31

I'll head out to JDM Starbucks for a little while lol gotta let all the ricers check out my bad ricer paint
Old 04-24-2008, 09:05 AM
FORZWIN

Originally Posted by MrKaira
I'll head out to JDM Starbucks for a little while lol gotta let all the ricers check out my bad ricer paint
Good times! I talked a few fellow se-r guys into coming out. It'll be good to catch up, what's your name again? lol..
Old 04-24-2008, 10:58 AM
PumpedVA

I get off at 7pm so what time is everybody rolling in?
Old 04-24-2008, 12:52 PM
MrKaira
Really MrZ31

I get off at 7pm so what time is everybody rolling in?
I usually get there between 8 & 8:30
Old 04-24-2008, 12:54 PM
PumpedVA

Originally Posted by MrKaira
I usually get there between 8 & 8:30
Anybody want to meet up before so we can roll in together? Maybe at stonypoint or something?
Old 04-24-2008, 12:56 PM
MrKaira
Really MrZ31

Anybody want to meet up before so we can roll in together? Maybe at stonypoint or something?
You still have my #? Call me tomorrow and we can meet up. I live like 10-15 mins from this place, Stony Point isn't too far out of the way, but usually I got Patterson, Gaskins, River. I'll roll with you, just let me know.
Old 04-24-2008, 03:05 PM
yusoslo

hey guys i will be leaving fairfax county tomorrow at 6pm..so i hope i can make it by then. I will ring you Mike.

Also anyone have a torque wrench i can borrow I am putting on my MD Spacer on saturday and someone stole mine.

thanks!
Old 04-24-2008, 04:45 PM
Driven1
Professional

Toby.....Im going to call you when Im on my way down.
Old 04-25-2008, 04:13 AM
PumpedVA

Originally Posted by Driven1
Toby.....Im going to call you when Im on my way down.

Down here?

Quick Reply: NEW! Weekly RVA Friday Night Short Pump Meet