Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Resolution from Nissan finally on 06 oil prob.

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2007, 09:01 AM
dmroberson

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Update #2

Ok, so I've rolled about 600 miles since the dealership topped off my oil. Checked it this morning, and I'm almost 1/2 way between H and L again. Guess I'll be making another service appointment, after the holiday.
Old 01-02-2008, 06:01 PM
dmroberson

Update #3

Ok, so I drove the 1000 miles as the dealership had instructed. Went back, and they checked my oil level. They said I was 1/4 way down, from the H mark. So they noted it, topped it off again, and said to drive it another 1000 miles. They didn't record it the first time. So, we'll see what happens again in the next 1000.
Old 01-03-2008, 02:49 AM
MasterRacer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL +1

I drove it for 1000 miles, they said it was only 3 mm down iam like wtf??
I just checked it a few days ago on a level service after 3 hours of waiting
and recorded 5 mm I don't think they are pulling a fast one, I think they just didn't wait long nuff. They did the same thing, topped it off and driving it another 1000 miles ........................joy.
Old 01-25-2008, 07:26 AM
MasterRacer

So has anyone locally here found success with this bulletin that
went out on our cars?????

I am heading out to Victory Nissan and have them look at this situation a bit closer, it's kinda clear to me that the bulletin for w/e reason doesnt seem to favor us as they state to "turn engine off and let sit for 10 or more minutes before checking oil level." As I have found and I believe this to be a no brainer, it would make more sense to park the car overnight and THEN check oil level as I have found different level readings in doing so.........DRAMATIC differences but hey its just my .2 cents.
Old 01-25-2008, 09:21 AM
djParis
Retired Racer

I've decided to just let mine blow. They can replace it then. I'm done playing games with the dealers.
Old 01-25-2008, 10:31 AM
4SHIZZIL

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Be careful

Originally Posted by djParis
I've decided to just let mine blow. They can replace it then. I'm done playing games with the dealers.

once its low stand on the gas and hold your ears...I dont recommend moving when this happens. your wheels and tranny will lock up and if you are not quick to hit the clutch..you are screwed big time.

Mine blew last year, before they said any of this crap...I got a new motor free of charge...and it doesnt burn oil.

After I hit 500 miles...not 5,000....I slammed the car around like a burgler. I remember the day... it was the college park meet. I hit 499 miles at route 50 and 495....boy that was some fun after I saw 500 miles....I think my car got broken in properly which separates my car not burning compared to some with the same batch number for the engine serial numbers.
Old 01-25-2008, 11:54 AM
MasterRacer

Originally Posted by djParis

Well if it's worth anything take it to Victory Nissan, speak with Scott Jennings. They actually listen, it's my last hope other wise I will be trading
in the Z for a Versa or some shizzle lol
Old 01-25-2008, 11:55 AM
MasterRacer

Originally Posted by 4SHIZZIL
once its low stand on the gas and hold your ears...I dont recommend moving when this happens. your wheels and tranny will lock up and if you are not quick to hit the clutch..you are screwed big time.

Mine blew last year, before they said any of this crap...I got a new motor free of charge...and it doesnt burn oil.

After I hit 500 miles...not 5,000....I slammed the car around like a burgler. I remember the day... it was the college park meet. I hit 499 miles at route 50 and 495....boy that was some fun after I saw 500 miles....I think my car got broken in properly which separates my car not burning compared to some with the same batch number for the engine serial numbers.

Dude where the hell have you been lol.....................hibernating or some **** ???
Old 01-25-2008, 12:14 PM
Jc S2K2

i just took mine to Victory Nissan this morning. The service guy told me that my after market exhaust might void warranty???? but he called me back in 3 hrs later saying that they ran consumtion testing and my car lost half Qt. already. he told me to drive about 1k miles then come back. hope i get replacement engine or something.
Old 01-25-2008, 12:18 PM
MasterRacer

lol ^^^^ dont speak with the techs, speak with service manager.
He knows full blown whats up with the Z/s I spoke with him in the
AM today and he has no issues with my mods. Exhaust would not be cause for engine going through oil like a bum on a bologne sammich. I will tell you to drive the **** out your car cause there is a total of 2 or 3 oil consumptions test, bare in mind that the dealer is trying to prove to Nissan HQ that your car IS having problems and not a load of crap. THey make $$ on warranty engine replacement so it is in there best interest to prove that its having problems.
Old 01-25-2008, 04:37 PM
dmroberson

Update #4

Sorry, been busy lately. Didn't get to update on what's going on.

Went in to have the oil level checked again, after driving the 2nd 1000 miles the dealership instructed me to. They said I showed 25% loss again. They topped off my oil again, and said to drive it another 750 miles. I'm due back there in a couple days, as the miles are about done. Will update again soon.
Old 01-27-2008, 03:55 PM
mauricioz

has there been any complaints bout the oil consumption and having good compression? what u think the dealer will say bout that?, cuz mines only burns oil when im on it hard
Old 01-28-2008, 03:33 PM
dmroberson

Update #5

Ok, so I went in, after driving about 900 miles. They had said to drive 750, this go around. They told me that I lost 0 oil this time. But when I asked why I was losing 25% every 1000, they couldn't give me an answer.
Old 01-29-2008, 02:34 AM
MasterRacer

^^ Yeah, the dealers haven't been given much info from what I gather. I was told by the service manager at my dealer that the problem comes from downshifting, it creates some sort of backpressure causing oil to be burn off in the process...........fuzzy logic I guess. Nissan is still holding on to the idea the letting the car burn a quart of oil in between 3000 miles is A ok
Old 01-29-2008, 03:30 AM
4SHIZZIL

Originally Posted by MasterRacer
^^ Yeah, the dealers haven't been given much info from what I gather. I was told by the service manager at my dealer that the problem comes from downshifting, it creates some sort of backpressure causing oil to be burn off in the process...........fuzzy logic I guess. Nissan is still holding on to the idea the letting the car burn a quart of oil in between 3000 miles is A ok
that is correct. Knowing this informaiton..stop using your brakes and used the "downshift method" to ensure oil gets burned up. USE YOUR NOGGINS...lol

Late Night Run would help the burning process also...LOL!

I think we should shorten it to LNR #5?
Old 01-29-2008, 03:37 AM
Eric the Ricer
Banned

Originally Posted by 4SHIZZIL
that is correct. Knowing this informaiton..stop using your brakes and used the "downshift method" to ensure oil gets burned up. USE YOUR NOGGINS...lol

Late Night Run would help the burning process also...LOL!

I think we should shorten it to LNR #5?
LNR #5 sounds good to me. We are going to have to do a few autoX's this year Corey, maybe you can teach me a thing or two
Old 01-29-2008, 04:19 AM
4SHIZZIL

Default GZILLA'z ten stepz to a new motor!

Originally Posted by Eric the Ricer
LNR #5 sounds good to me. We are going to have to do a few autoX's this year Corey, maybe you can teach me a thing or two
Im down like 4 flats.

I am sure the schedule will be posted up here like last year.

EVERYONE WITH AN 05 or 06 with this issue. You should read, the already 20,000 page sticky on this subject.https://my350z.com/forum/engine-and-drivetrain/232332-revup-oil-consumption-tsb-and-discussion.html

Also, call the 800 customer care number and file a formal complaint. They will annoy the dealership to get things moving. But if you all read that long 3 weeks time limit to read thread, you would already know that.

1. Take to dealer, start OC test
2. Call the 800 care (NNA) and file a formal complaint
3. continue OC, now the dealer has to report back to NNA
4. three strikes the engine is out.
5. ensure you get the right part number
6. print out that long azz thread that is sticky and pull out the relavant information..there is plenty of ammo for you not to accept certain part number engines. ( i would make a formal request with NNA about the part number before they install it)
7. pray you get a motor like mine that doesnt burn oil
even the so called "good" part numbers have shown some oil burn still
8. my unprofessional advise is to beat on your car like a barrowed mule the second you hit 500 miles on the new motor
9. fight for a new motor, not a rebuild. I dont think they are rebuilding them anymore, but you DO NOT WANT A REBUILT.
10. thank me for my consolidated list and saving you time and money. I accept cash, FI, Sweetwater, or concert tickets...lol

if your car is new new you can get them to buy it back, however cars under like 10K miles have only made it to the promise land.

Last edited by 4SHIZZIL; 01-29-2008 at 04:25 AM.
Old 01-29-2008, 04:36 AM
Doba

sounds like some resolution
Old 01-29-2008, 05:18 AM
Anu2g

I started OC testing with my dealership (Rosenthal near Tysons Corner)...

After ~300 miles, my oil is 4-5 mm below the H on the dipstick. They told me to come back after 1k miles and, according to the TSB chart, I need the oil to be at least 6mm below the H mark on the dipstick. So far, it's looking like the outcome will be in my favor. I will keep you guys updated...although Corey has already exhausted this issue. I think there is enough info in the forum that any one who has the OC problem and is determined to get a new engine will be able to do so.
Old 01-29-2008, 02:13 PM
MasterRacer

Originally Posted by Doba
sounds like some resolution

Well it is, considering they were keeping it under wraps for over a year or were ignoring it. At least now they are replacing engines under normal warranty.

Quick Reply: Resolution from Nissan finally on 06 oil prob.