Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Look what the dealership gave me for christmas

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007 | 12:54 PM
Skillz911

Well guys I filed a complaint with NNA we'll see how it goes. I pretty much told them the story and that I was really concerned with how the quality of the work would be specially since the manager told me "I have a guy that comes around on a truck that takes care of painting" considering I had this originally painted at a body shop.
Old 12-17-2007 | 12:54 PM
DROPPEDIT2WCE
Banned

Hey, the Ravens lost to the Dolphins bro I feel the pain. Good game on tonight, Adrian Peterson is gonna tear the Bears apart!

sorry for the thread jack OP, back to business!

Originally Posted by Skillz911
Well guys I filed a complaint with NNA we'll see how it goes. I pretty much told them the story and that I was really concerned with how the quality of the work would be specially since the manager told me "I have a guy that comes around on a truck that takes care of painting" considering I had this originally painted at a body shop.
sounds like your on the right track man
Old 12-17-2007 | 02:07 PM
BGuess

I've had the same problems with Norris Nissan.. I've never got my car back the way I left it.. I took the Z in to get these huge keymarks removed from along both sides of the car and on the rear. I come back to the dealership about an hour after the painter was supposed to be working on my car and it is still sitting untouched under the canopy. I just assumed there were other cars being detailed and I'd just come back later to see how progress was going. Finally hours later I get a call to come back and pick up my Z. Of course the first thing I do when they bring the car out to me is do the full walk-around and see how it looks..

The first thing I notice is that the paint wasn't blended worth ****... Looked HORRIBLE.. The second things that I notice is that the painter completely missed a 6-7 inch long scratch right behind the passenger-side door and another 3-4 inch scratch on the front driver-side fender(both of which he tried to buff out so I wouldn't notice). Finally I notice 3 medium-sized dents on the Driver-side door where it looked like someone slammed their car door into it repeatedly.

After trying to bring this to the GM's attention, his answer was only to bring it back the following week so they can have the same jackass paint my car again for some ridiculous amount of money.. Needless to say, I have not been back and don't plan to be..

Norris Nissan FTL...
Old 12-17-2007 | 02:21 PM
k3silk

I did to we will see what happens they said they would get back to me before the 20th?
Old 12-17-2007 | 03:32 PM
Integrity
Banned

F*ck Norris Nissan West. If I have to bring my car to a dealer for anything I bring it to Tischer Nissan in Laurel, and thats only because I know someone who works there.
Old 12-17-2007 | 03:54 PM
Bill_the_Cat
One Whacked Cat

Disclaimer - strictly my experience as a buyer and customer; sorry for the long post.

I have had a good experience with Darcars Nissan in Rockville. The initial service attendant receiving any automobile inspects the exterior and interior, asks if your want to note anything, then confirms your concurrence with the inspection. This ensures that both sides are honest.

As far as advisers and technicians, they are pretty good. One adviser was fired for sloppy work because he was not detail oriented. They told me this at my last service as an FYI. The techs ask questions if they are unsure of any requests. You can observe the tech if interested.

The only problem I have had to date was a tech putting in regular dino oil vs. Mobil 1 [cuz the now fired adviser screwed up]. They re-changed the oil, detailed my car for free, and did the next full service at no charge. The service manager verbally apologized then e-mailed an apology. Even the QA manager called and e-mailed. Shocking for a dealership service department!

Now for Norris Nissan, I will never return to that place. Even though the salesman was nice, the place just did not live up to a friendly and eager service oriented business. I purchased from Darcars instead with the lowest price in the tri-state. The Norris Nissan entrance sucks and I am not surprised that any car would get a busted lip from coming and going.
Old 12-17-2007 | 04:25 PM
davidv

Damn. All I get is a stupid calendar.
Old 12-17-2007 | 10:01 PM
LT_350Z

Originally Posted by dave079
Do you go to Premier? I hate that place beyond imagination.

You need to redo your sig also

hahaha na uh i hate premier nissan as well. i go to the nissan in gulfport being that i am from biloxi and i usually try to get my maintenance done during friday or the weekend. oh and btw sig. changed =) go saints!!
Old 12-17-2007 | 10:09 PM
SuperBlack350z

Originally Posted by 06blueZ
They will most likely paint it in the parking lot with the piece still on the car. watch out for overspray...
+1 million. This is how it's done at dealerships. The PDI guys paint outside and try to wetsand away the debris and trash in the clear. We charge 100 paint the entire front bumper so i'm guessing the dealership will pay around 30 bucks to get your lip painted. It definitely will be crappy.

next time when you drop off the car, make sure you write down the mileage of the car or take a pic of the mileage gauge and confirm this with the service manager if so it won't be driven by the techs.
Old 12-18-2007 | 03:19 AM
4SHIZZIL

I keep my digital with me at all times. I take pictures and do a walk around the car every time I drop it off anywhere..that includes Valet....

Take an extra five minutes to be ****...it will save you time, money and unlike Alberto..your vocal chords.........lol.

I absolutely love to drive my car....downtime iznt worth it for me not to stand out there and take picturez with service guy at the time of turning it over to the dumbazzea with no highschool dipolma!

sorry for your lost, I too unfortunately know the feeling.
Old 12-18-2007 | 05:44 AM
Skillz911

I really dont want these idiots to paint this while its on the car as im worried about overspray etc...maybe I should take it off and just drop the lip off with them, what do you guys think?
Old 12-18-2007 | 06:57 AM
06blueZ

yea i would definetly take it off if you can, or ask them to take it off since its their screw up. These guys that paint out of a van in the lot are shitty. you should request that they fix this in their paint booth in the body shop if they have one on site.
Old 12-18-2007 | 09:14 AM
Mazinger Z

That sucks man, I see your sideskirts are fine
Old 12-18-2007 | 09:31 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner
Premier Member

Dont let that guy touch your car! My family has bought 5 cars from Norris Acura/Nissan and one one the new car had a slight hip on the bumper. This jacka$$ comes around, mixes some half a$$ color and fills in the hole/damage. Completely unacceptable, dont let him touch your car!!!
Old 12-18-2007 | 10:25 AM
q8z

same thing happened to me 2 weeks ago ... **** Happens

well, I guess its time to change my Lip and get APR instead

Old 12-18-2007 | 11:37 AM
Skillz911

Originally Posted by Alberto
Dont let that guy touch your car! My family has bought 5 cars from Norris Acura/Nissan and one one the new car had a slight hip on the bumper. This jacka$$ comes around, mixes some half a$$ color and fills in the hole/damage. Completely unacceptable, dont let him touch your car!!!
Thanks for the advice Alberto and sharing your experience with those bastards. When I speak to NNA tommorow to follow up, I am going to tell them and the dealership that whatever "touch ups" they plan to do will not be acceptable and it needs to be professionally done because with damages like that the lip needs to be takin off the car and be completely repainted. But somethings telling me in the back of my mind that i will have to end up taking it to my body shop and paying out my pocket myself Again.
Old 12-19-2007 | 04:41 AM
abstrakt

Skillz - is Alan still the service mgr at Norris? He's completely useless - I've had a few unsatisfactory experiences w/him as well. Good luck w/your car - hopefully NNA comes through for you.
Old 12-19-2007 | 05:52 AM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Originally Posted by abstrakt
Skillz - is Alan still the service mgr at Norris? He's completely useless - I've had a few unsatisfactory experiences w/him as well. Good luck w/your car - hopefully NNA comes through for you.
Is Alan the dude with that short curly hair that looks sorta Latino?
Old 12-19-2007 | 06:49 AM
abstrakt

Originally Posted by bb1314
Is Alan the dude with that short curly hair that looks sorta Latino?
No he has a caterpillar mustache and a lazy eye. It's been over a yr since I've been there so there may be a new service mgr...

Quick Reply: Look what the dealership gave me for christmas