Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Richmond people, need a bodyshop

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008 | 09:33 AM
MrKaira
Really MrZ31
Premier Member

Question Richmond people, need a bodyshop

So my wife got in an accident last night and damaged the front end of her car very badly. I don't want to drive up to Car Toyz 2, that is at least 2 maybe more hours away from here, and I don't want to tow it up there.

I just need somebody in Richmond that will do a decent job. I don't want it to look like Maaco or a show car, just something close as possible to OEM.

Thanks!

Mike
Old 01-07-2008 | 05:59 PM
Sleepy-z

Well if it helps my fiance had her civic done at baugh(i believe) on broad st. in the west end, I used to deliver to body shops in northern california and it looked like they did a good job, family owned shop which is a good start but I really have lived her for 1 week now so I am not familiar yet around here.
Old 01-07-2008 | 06:34 PM
MrKaira
Really MrZ31
Premier Member

ah, well welcome to the area! thanks for the suggestion! I think since it is just standard work we will just take it to wherever the jeep dealership gets their work done. The insurance company is paying most of it anyway, so our part doesn't change regardless.
Old 01-24-2008 | 05:47 AM
MrKaira
Really MrZ31
Premier Member

The result of this is that we went to Precision Auto Body on West Broad near the Parham intersection. They did an AMAZING job, the thing looks better than when we bought it. The paint match is spot on and the work is solid. I would highly recommend them for their work, although I don't know their people. I would like to get to know the people that work there before I would leave my Z there for any extended period of time.
Old 01-24-2008 | 06:24 AM
UMW350Z

Yeow!! I never knew she got in an accident!! Was she hurt at all? This must have been right around when you came up this way right?
Old 01-24-2008 | 06:35 AM
MrKaira
Really MrZ31
Premier Member

Originally Posted by UMW350Z
Yeow!! I never knew she got in an accident!! Was she hurt at all? This must have been right around when you came up this way right?
Yeah she was/is fine. She just rear-ended someone because they were going through a yellow light, changed their minds and slammed on the brakes. The cop wouldn't cut her a break because she was going to run it too, so she got a ticket for following too close. No one was hurt.

This happened about a week after we got back from NJ.
Old 01-25-2008 | 05:27 AM
TeAm PrOSpEc
Banned

I know what richmond need... Is fukin VDOT to come over there and fix dem sh!tty *** roads... lol
Old 01-25-2008 | 05:59 AM
MrKaira
Really MrZ31
Premier Member

I've heard the affectionately referred to as "speed holes" as opposed to speed bumps. Helps keep traffic slow! lol
Old 01-25-2008 | 06:18 AM
yusoslo

Damn Mike I would have told you to avoid precision. They painted my Audi and it was plain silver with flake, and they couldnt do it right. Orange peel everwhere. Thats why I sold the car, I couldnt stand seeing it from an angle cause the paint was so dull.

I will be going to Burghleigh on Belvidere/commerce by VCU. They strictly do Bently/Ferrari/Porsche adn did my friends M5. Paint was better than BMW OEM paint....black and light a mirror!!! best body work I have ever seen.

It cost 5,960 bucks to paint a hood, 2 fenders, and front bumper. Only material was 1 bumper 2 headlights and kidney grills.
Old 01-25-2008 | 06:26 AM
MrKaira
Really MrZ31
Premier Member

Originally Posted by yusoslo
Damn Mike I would have told you to avoid precision. They painted my Audi and it was plain silver with flake, and they couldnt do it right. Orange peel everwhere. Thats why I sold the car, I couldnt stand seeing it from an angle cause the paint was so dull.

I will be going to Burghleigh on Belvidere/commerce by VCU. They strictly do Bently/Ferrari/Porsche adn did my friends M5. Paint was better than BMW OEM paint....black and light a mirror!!! best body work I have ever seen.

It cost 5,960 bucks to paint a hood, 2 fenders, and front bumper. Only material was 1 bumper 2 headlights and kidney grills.
I may look into it when I need the TK front painted, but we didn't have to pay anything but the deductible and Allstate garauntees their work as long as we own the car, so I figured it couldn't hurt.

Plus, they did a great job for us. Paint was spot on, they communicated great, the work was much better than the last place I took that car to, but I will keep an eye out for the orange peel.