Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Function:TUNED: We tattle on ourselves...

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 05:59 AM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 617G
It's definitely noble of you to post this up, but I don't see what the big deal is. Not to take away from the thread, but shouldn't all businesses operate like this? I know my shop does...

To me, it just seems like you're trying to glorify yourself
I guess you haven't met Dave in person. He's a straight forward guy. If you(the customer) had done something wrong, he'd be as blunt as he could get. So now when it comes down to his faults, he'd just as blunt and open about it. And trust me not all businesses in Mid-A operate like that. There're shops in mid-A that give excuses after excuses and always put the blame on the customers or other shops. We all know the names and that's irrelevant to discuss here. I know both Dave and Bryce in person and I respect Dave for standing up for his mistakes.

PS: And props to Bryce for keeping it professional and understanding!

Last edited by bb1314; 01-31-2008 at 06:01 AM.
Old 01-31-2008, 06:11 AM
Eric the Ricer
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bb1314
I guess you haven't met Dave in person. He's a straight forward guy. If you(the customer) had done something wrong, he'd be as blunt as he could get. So now when it comes down to his faults, he'd just as blunt and open about it. And trust me not all businesses in Mid-A operate like that. There're shops in mid-A that give excuses after excuses and always put the blame on the customers or other shops. We all know the names and that's irrelevant to discuss here. I know both Dave and Bryce in person and I respect Dave for standing up for his mistakes.

PS: And props to Bryce for keeping it professional and understanding!
+1
Old 01-31-2008, 06:18 AM
umzzz
Cwest Army

It's definitely noble of you to post this up, but I don't see what the big deal is. Not to take away from the thread, but shouldn't all businesses operate like this? I know my shop does...

To me, it just seems like you're trying to glorify yourself
One would hope they all operate like this but i think everyone knows that they defiantly do not. I'm sure everyone on here has taken their car somewhere and been worried about it the whole time it was there. I don't get that at all when my car goes to Function I know Dave will take care of it like its his own. Its nice to have a shop you can trust like that. Good job Dave...ninja skillz ftw!
Old 01-31-2008, 06:25 AM
TeAm PrOSpEc
Banned

ok, Where are yall located at again? lol
Old 01-31-2008, 06:34 AM
Eric the Ricer
Banned

Originally Posted by TeAm PrOSpEc
ok, Where are yall located at again? lol
I hit 495 to 66 to 50 to 606
Old 01-31-2008, 06:37 AM
617G

Originally Posted by umzzz
One would hope they all operate like this but i think everyone knows that they defiantly do not. I'm sure everyone on here has taken their car somewhere and been worried about it the whole time it was there. I don't get that at all when my car goes to Function I know Dave will take care of it like its his own. Its nice to have a shop you can trust like that. Good job Dave...ninja skillz ftw!
agreed...I just don't see why a thread was necessary...if the customers know and trust the shop, then that's all that matters
Old 01-31-2008, 06:39 AM
UMW350Z

I have always heard good thing about the shop, and Dave is a standup guy. Juan and Dave were the first ones other than me to drive my car ina looong time....and it takes a lot of trust for me to let someone even drive it 10 feet!!! lI would take mine there for boost if i was closer, but i am 5 hours away now. NJ FTL!! The world needs more shops like this.

Are you going to do GTR work when it comes out? My 2012 V Spec will need some work done
Old 01-31-2008, 06:40 AM
widebody350

from DC, 66 to the toll road to 606 would probably be the fastest. +1 Dave's the man. BTW I agree 100% that other shops GTFO and it's a relief that we have a shop in the Mid-A that gives us this confidence/security, as many other shops are full of sh*t.

Oh Car Toyz 2 is the sh*t to but they do different work.
Old 01-31-2008, 06:44 AM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

agreed...I just don't see why a thread was necessary...if the customers know and trust the shop, then that's all that matters
I think you're reading the thread wrong. You're looking at it as a marketing strategy since you have not met Dave in person and does not know how he runs his business. It was a public apology which no other shop in the Mid-A region had done so far.

I'm a customer of Function:Tuned myself. I'm just speaking from experience.
Old 01-31-2008, 06:45 AM
Eric the Ricer
Banned

I don't hit the toll road, maybe I'm doing it wrong lol
Old 01-31-2008, 06:51 AM
widebody350

well from AVA you can't hit the toll road, I don't think, b/c if I remember correctly there is no exit for the toll road going towards the city. Coming from the City, taking 66 West there is an exit for the toll road which would make it much faster for the guy who lives in DC, but no worries, you're going the right way for you haha. Although, if you pass 66 and stay on 495 then there's an exit just after Tysons for the toll road, which would be faster than 66 to 50 and all but, would cost you about $3 I think.

I'm lucky, I live like 10 minutes away and I'm always over there b/c a place I always go to chill/drink at, plus they're opening a ju jitsu/muy tai place I'm gonna start goin to are both in the shopping center in front of the shop.

Last edited by widebody350; 01-31-2008 at 06:55 AM.
Old 01-31-2008, 06:52 AM
617G

Originally Posted by bb1314
I think you're reading the thread wrong. You're looking at it as a marketing strategy since you have not met Dave in person and does not know how he runs his business. It was a public apology which no other shop in the Mid-A region had done so far.

I'm a customer of Function:Tuned myself. I'm just speaking from experience.
No, I understand what you're saying. But look at it this way. To those that don't know Dave, it looks like he's playing himself up. To those that know him, they understand where he's coming from. But, if this was directed at those who know him already, then it was unnecessary because they obviously already know the type of person he is. Does that make sense?

I guess I'm just the type of person that respects quiet integrity. Usually public apologies are based on ulterior motives.

But, having said that, you guys seem lucky to have a shop like that in your neighborhood
Old 01-31-2008, 07:16 AM
rockinbboy

Well so much for personal messages being personal..

I guess PMs really stand for Public Messages.
Old 01-31-2008, 07:25 AM
DaveFunction2ND
Banned

Thanks for the props guys! Glad to hear so many of you already understand where I'm coming from and are happy with our work.

I also intended for this to reach out to those that don't know the shop or me and that have doubts about stopping in to see us.

Also this is so everyone that has had work done at the shop knows that they can come to me directly if they do have a problem with their car.

Thanks again!
Old 01-31-2008, 07:27 AM
mdracer76
Banned

where is that "No Mid-A for you" Img at...
Old 01-31-2008, 07:29 AM
DROPPEDIT2WCE
Banned

Originally Posted by Eric the Ricer
I don't hit the toll road, maybe I'm doing it wrong lol
if your not hitting the toll road that is a plus! god damn toll's take me broke coming from Harford County to FunctiondTUNED but it's always worth it! Props to Dave and Juan and thanks for everything on my car, zero problems so far (knocking on wood now)

I'm looking forward to your race program kicking off, and best of luck!!!
Old 01-31-2008, 07:42 AM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveFunction2ND
Thanks for the props guys! Glad to hear so many of you already understand where I'm coming from and are happy with our work.

I also intended for this to reach out to those that don't know the shop or me and that have doubts about stopping in to see us.

Also this is so everyone that has had work done at the shop knows that they can come to me directly if they do have a problem with their car.

Thanks again!
Seeyou in a couple hours.
Old 01-31-2008, 07:43 AM
ajcool2

This is the type of customer service I love. I'm a very honest person myself and finding an honest shop is hard to do these days since everyone seems to be out to get money no matter what. So far from what I've seen from FT I'd bring any of my cars to you all to have work done anytime. If only they worked on maximas too.
Old 01-31-2008, 07:54 AM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mdracer76
where is that "No Mid-A for you" Img at...
Here ya go ... who needs it?

Old 01-31-2008, 07:56 AM
TeAm PrOSpEc
Banned

I was thought i would get an addy. ..lol toll roads and **** ..lol

Quick Reply: Function:TUNED: We tattle on ourselves...