Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

We're moving to Reston

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008 | 09:40 AM
Driven1
Professional

Originally Posted by cp2
would I be able to keep my FL tags though without being penalized? I've been out of the states for about 7 years guys forgive me. I was overseas for a while in the military.

Just keep them until you're forced to get rid of them.
Old 02-12-2008 | 09:43 AM
cp2
Banned

Originally Posted by Driven1
Just keep them until you're forced to get rid of them.
WORD! One thing I know them strict VA cops will prolly try to harass me for is in FLA I am only required to have a tag in the back. in VA I heard you have to have back and front. booooo and if they catch me at a meet then they gonna get me....Im black. That the stigma I may run into. LOL!!!
Old 02-12-2008 | 10:07 AM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Originally Posted by cp2
WORD! One thing I know them strict VA cops will prolly try to harass me for is in FLA I am only required to have a tag in the back. in VA I heard you have to have back and front. booooo and if they catch me at a meet then they gonna get me....Im black. That the stigma I may run into. LOL!!!
Around here getting pulled over for a DWB isn't as prevalent as you think

They're pretty much equal opportunity when is comes to pulling people over.
Old 02-12-2008 | 10:07 AM
Driven1
Professional

Originally Posted by dutchboy350Z
Around here getting pulled over for a DWB is as prevalent as you think

WERD!
Old 02-12-2008 | 10:17 AM
4SHIZZIL

you could also get a piece of mail delivered to a PO BOX in FL. They only problem is your neighbors may start to hate on you. I would keep FL for as long as I can. Expect to drop close to a G for two cars in taxes, registration, fees, and bungholio county personal property taxes.

I had IL plates and VA license for about 1.5 years, then the neighbors snitched on my. I had 3 cars with IL tags...lol. I paid big time..lol.

Also when you do decide to switch over. Tell the DMV that you just moved. If not, they will back date bill your shizzil for every penny you got.

So recap...

PO BOX or family/friends address gets new Verizon bill. Maybe a credit card bill. Something you already pay online anways.

Always tell an officer you just moved like last week, unless its the same officer from 4 weeks ago..lol.

Buy your neighbor beer, invite them over. Explain that you have served your country more than they every will. (NOT IN THOSE WORDS)

Avoid buttocks spreadation by Fairfax County.

Originally Posted by Everyone in VA
FF County and all of its government facillities suck!

Last edited by 4SHIZZIL; 02-12-2008 at 10:24 AM.
Old 02-12-2008 | 10:21 AM
got350

well if your in the military you can have your car registered wherever you want i thought? I may be mistaken but i know people in the military here have plates from Wisconsin, Michigan and California and have lived her for years adn they are in the military so its perfectly LEGAL
Old 02-12-2008 | 10:21 AM
4SHIZZIL

Around here getting pulled over for a DWB isn't as prevalent as you think

I beg to differ. I got stopped for my 53rd-ish time. 30ish in VA. (Driving too closely...off with a warning....first warning in FF) I told him I had a Top Secret after he ask me if I had guns and weapons in the car. He said ohh you have a TS....have a good day. hmmmmm have to remember that one.

First six months with the G Coupe... 7 police visits.

Its hit or miss with our cars...especially those with loud azz exhuast. I think DWB is a double wammy in FF though.
Old 02-12-2008 | 10:23 AM
widebody350

ehhh bs young in a sports car gets you f*cked more than DWB or anything else, although lately here in Herndon, they're more busy pulling over hispanics in POS cars haha. Admittedly if they get you they probably will be more of a dick if you are black and in a nice car, speaking from being in the car with some of my friends when they got pulled.

MD State cops are ********* too, I got 5 tickets this past Sunday from one. Tints, not having my license with me, not having my registration in the car, no seat belt, and driving on a suspended (great state of VA, gotta figure out what it is now). After I aid I didn't have my license with me and my registration in the car the cop said, "Today is gonna be a good day," after he originally said nice car. Peuny(sp?) little guy deserves to get struck by an oncoming vehicle the next time he pulls someone over. Not die or anything but if he gets hurt a lil you know I won't be very remorseful.

The only way that the cops would really be able to nail you for the FL bs, is if they circle your apartment complex/town house a lot and see that you're their every time they go in.

Walking distance from RTC huh? I might start having to pay you rent for sleeping on the couch on the weekends haha. RTC really is good/fun and they have a pretty decent Sushi place, as well as a Mortons and Mcormick and Schmicks, and a Starbucks. I def. wouldn't drive the Z in there with an exhaust system since they're real PIAsses over there though. All in all a fun place and def. one of the nicer places IMO.

Last edited by widebody350; 02-12-2008 at 10:28 AM.
Old 02-12-2008 | 10:31 AM
Eric the Ricer
Banned

I've been pulled over more times with my Z in the past 5 months than I have in the 4 years I've been driving. Yet to have gotten a ticket. Here's how I think.

Speed in uniform.

Drive the speed limit when not.

Old 02-12-2008 | 10:42 AM
widebody350

Originally Posted by Eric the Ricer
I've been pulled over more times with my Z in the past 5 months than I have in the 4 years I've been driving. Yet to have gotten a ticket. Here's how I think.

Speed in uniform.

Drive the speed limit when not.

hmmmm how much for the uniform? lol
Old 02-12-2008 | 10:46 AM
Eric the Ricer
Banned

Originally Posted by widebody350
hmmmm how much for the uniform? lol
Hahaha, I just dropped close to 200 not too long ago for the new ABU's. I was pulled over once in civilian clothes, but was wearing my dogtags and had my ID in my lap. He gave me a warning.
Old 02-12-2008 | 10:47 AM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Originally Posted by 4SHIZZIL
I beg to differ. I got stopped for my 53rd-ish time. 30ish in VA. (Driving too closely...off with a warning....first warning in FF) I told him I had a Top Secret after he ask me if I had guns and weapons in the car. He said ohh you have a TS....have a good day. hmmmmm have to remember that one.

First six months with the G Coupe... 7 police visits.

Its hit or miss with our cars...especially those with loud azz exhuast. I think DWB is a double wammy in FF though.
Yeah I totally forgot about how many times you've been pulled. Although after talking to Steven and a few other DWB "candidates" Loudoun county is pretty fair. And most of Loudoun guys don't like to venture into FF that often.
Old 02-12-2008 | 11:20 AM
4SHIZZIL

Yeah I totally forgot about how many times you've been pulled. Although after talking to Steven and a few other DWB "candidates" Loudoun county is pretty fair. And most of Loudoun guys don't like to venture into FF that often.

Good news is that while I was getting my exhaust modified. I drove my 1977 Buick 4 times and didnt get pulled over.

I average driving that car two times a year along with a being pulled over twice a year. Maybe its my hair...or lack there of...lol. I should at least tint the windows so that cop is at least cautious when approaching my 100% original classic with permant antique tags...maybe they think I stole it, not that its pimp..lol.

who knows...?

I have been doing good....no tickets since June of 06! I think its a record. I guess being a fulltime student and workig full time will keep my "on FF County road time" down to a minimum.
Old 02-13-2008 | 08:31 AM
cp2
Banned

This is a bunch of info to take in LOL!. So even if my girl has MD plates, will they make her change it to VA plates? And yes, I might have to have a talk with my neighbors. I'll be located in a little nook where traffic really doesn't pass through which is great. I just hope my neighbors are dycks. And fortunately for me (right now) I havent gotten the exhaust, but it will be put on by april. Then i guess I can expect some tickets. I tell you one thing, they better not do me like that skateboard kid at the inner harbor in B-more. "Dude, I didn't do anything! Dude, I didn't hear your sirens over my exhaust!" LOL!