Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

We're moving to Reston

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 10:39 AM
cp2
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default We're moving to Reston

Sup peeps, me and MzKaren are moving to Reston. Well, it's not set in stone, just making a few clarifications and transfers with our current apartment complex...that place sucks. So, what really good with Reston? Any advice on the happening spots out there? We're fairly new to the NOVA area so, let us know.
Old 02-11-2008, 10:55 AM
Driven1
Professional

There's PLENTY to do down here man. Reston town center has alot of places and there are places scattered through out.....Glory Days, Wings and Things, NEd Devines, etc. I moved down here about a yr ago form MD and I love it. It's very different from MD imo but a good different.

My offices are in Reston, but I live in Ashburn about 10 mins away. Along with a few others. Let us know and Im sure we'd love to have you guys out with us.
Old 02-11-2008, 11:16 AM
cp2
Banned

Originally Posted by Driven1
There's PLENTY to do down here man. Reston town center has alot of places and there are places scattered through out.....Glory Days, Wings and Things, NEd Devines, etc. I moved down here about a yr ago form MD and I love it. It's very different from MD imo but a good different.

My offices are in Reston, but I live in Ashburn about 10 mins away. Along with a few others. Let us know and Im sure we'd love to have you guys out with us.
yeah, I live in Silver spring now, and I'll say that even though VA and MD are close, there is a different feel once you cross the border. The only place I touched in VA that I see on the regular is the Tyson's Galleria. I dig that place. so, I'll be sure to catch up with you guys out there.
Old 02-11-2008, 02:42 PM
abui01

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's a ricer meet @ Chick Fila on Friday nights near Dulles Town Center!
Old 02-11-2008, 02:44 PM
VTMustard

Hopefully, welcome to VA! Reston is such a great area, just watch out for those FFX police (I don't know anyone that has anything good to say about them, besides the FFX police ) Good luck with the move!

Originally Posted by Driven1
Along with a few others. Let us know and Im sure we'd love to have you guys out with us.
BTW rob, when you guys going out again?
Old 02-11-2008, 02:48 PM
Project3fiftyZ

I work out in Reston and I have to say that I love the area. I am sure you will find enough fun things to do here...if you don't you can always venture into Arlington VA in about ~25 mins
Old 02-11-2008, 11:48 PM
Super Avan Z33

Anyone out here Centreville? just moved to Centreville.
Old 02-12-2008, 02:20 AM
cp2
Banned

Thanks for the input guys. I am excited to be moving there. And a chic-fil-a meet is GREAT. I love some chic-fil-a LOL!!!!!
Old 02-12-2008, 02:24 AM
MzKaren

Originally Posted by cp2
Thanks for the input guys. I am excited to be moving there. And a chic-fil-a meet is GREAT. I love some chic-fil-a LOL!!!!!
Can we just do Pho instead?
Old 02-12-2008, 05:35 AM
Driven1
Professional

Originally Posted by MzKaren
Can we just do Pho instead?
Chic Fil-A is just the local weekly meet for ALL types of vehicles. There are a few great pho places to go to near by. Usually a fairly large group of Z's and G's meet up hang out for a bit, then......dun dun dun.....drinky time!
Old 02-12-2008, 05:39 AM
cp2
Banned

hey, are there alot of Asians near or in Reston? Just curious...for my GF's sake that's all.
Old 02-12-2008, 06:12 AM
KManZ
Banned

Keep you MD residency because otherwise you will enjoy paying personal property tax on your car. And the DMV sucks, so just keep your MD stuff and avoid the crap.

I hate VA.
Old 02-12-2008, 06:47 AM
cp2
Banned

Really? Well, I am not officially a MD resident yet, because I moved here from Florida in september and I still have my Fl tags and license. How does this work for me?
Old 02-12-2008, 07:40 AM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cp2
hey, are there alot of Asians near or in Reston? Just curious...for my GF's sake that's all.
All of Northern Virginia is very diverse (Asian, Indian, Persian, Arabic, Black, latino ... even whitey )

It's about the same when it comes to meets as well.

Every Friday, If the weather is nice there's a car show (mentioned before) at Chic Fil-a near Dulles Town Center NOT to be confused with Dulles Expo Center.

On a good night there will be 15+ Z/Gs that show up. On a average night there's a hand full that show up.

We usually leave before the ricers start acting like fools (Around 8ish).
Old 02-12-2008, 08:03 AM
cp2
Banned

Originally Posted by dutchboy350Z
All of Northern Virginia is very diverse (Asian, Indian, Persian, Arabic, Black, latino ... even whitey )

It's about the same when it comes to meets as well.

Every Friday, If the weather is nice there's a car show (mentioned before) at Chic Fil-a near Dulles Town Center NOT to be confused with Dulles Expo Center.

On a good night there will be 15+ Z/Gs that show up. On a average night there's a hand full that show up.

We usually leave before the ricers start acting like fools (Around 8ish).
Act a fool? What exactly do you mean, drunken fools, start drag racing?
Old 02-12-2008, 08:08 AM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cp2
Act a fool? What exactly do you mean, drunken fools, start drag racing?
No nothing that bad ... just blasting some ghetto music and doing one-wheeled burn outs.

Loudoun cops are pretty lenient but drinking in public and drag racing is definitely NOT tolerated.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:19 AM
cp2
Banned

Originally Posted by dutchboy350Z
No nothing that bad ... just blasting some ghetto music and doing one-wheeled burn outs.

Loudoun cops are pretty lenient but drinking in public and drag racing is definitely NOT tolerated.
Oh I see. Thanks for the headz up.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:40 AM
widebody350

I live in Herndon, which is about 5 min from Reston Town Center, and I love the area. I would suggest Worldgate sport and health for a gym, and RTC is bad ***. American Tap Room, Rio Grande, Market Street Bar and Grill, are all good bars in there. Right down Baron Cameron towards Herndon is a really good Thai place btw. If you wanna be around asian people then go to Annandale, although there are a fair amount in the Reston area. Where in Reston are you thinkin about?

FL is better than MD no emmissions haha or property tax(which is complete and utter bs b/c it has nothing to do with true value), so keep the FL stuff for sure.
Old 02-12-2008, 09:36 AM
cp2
Banned

Originally Posted by widebody350
I live in Herndon, which is about 5 min from Reston Town Center, and I love the area. I would suggest Worldgate sport and health for a gym, and RTC is bad ***. American Tap Room, Rio Grande, Market Street Bar and Grill, are all good bars in there. Right down Baron Cameron towards Herndon is a really good Thai place btw. If you wanna be around asian people then go to Annandale, although there are a fair amount in the Reston area. Where in Reston are you thinkin about?

FL is better than MD no emmissions haha or property tax(which is complete and utter bs b/c it has nothing to do with true value), so keep the FL stuff for sure.
we actually will be moving close to walking distance of RTC. I always hear good thing about RTC.
Old 02-12-2008, 09:37 AM
cp2
Banned

Originally Posted by widebody350
would I be able to keep my FL tags though without being penalized? I've been out of the states for about 7 years guys forgive me. I was overseas for a while in the military.

Quick Reply: We're moving to Reston