Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

So I got pulled over for Wreckless

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 10:47 AM
Bill_the_Cat
One Whacked Cat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gooey
Just came back from court for the ticket. Glad im not in jail. judge wanted to put me in jail for 30 days but the cop told him I was alone and not puttin anyone in danger and jail time was unnecessary. However I did end up payin a $500 fine and restricted to drive in the great commonwealth of VA for 90 days

F U VA!!
Jon - At least the cop took care of you while in court. Kind of contradictory and conflicting, but you know it also comes down to $$$.
Old 04-17-2008, 10:59 AM
FUCHAOWNAOFdaZ

Just came back from court for the ticket. Glad im not in jail. judge wanted to put me in jail for 30 days but the cop told him I was alone and not puttin anyone in danger and jail time was unnecessary. However I did end up payin a $500 fine and restricted to drive in the great commonwealth of VA for 90 days

F U VA!!
ah dude i'm sorry to hear that..

I still don't know how I got 2 reckless driving tickets reduced, all in 1 year too along with 8 or 9 other speeding/other violations.
Old 10-25-2008, 09:02 AM
valdeztke

Well today I was on my way to meet someone from craigslist to purchase a phone. Heading down Telegraph south at 9:00 I decided to put my car in Sport mode as I went down a hill (its fun to hear the car downshift w/ the Direct Shift Gearbox)...while doing so I inadvertently had my foot on the gas. Well the car thinks (only in sport mode) that it should rev higher and drop another gear, spooling up the turbo and launching you forward a bit faster than you planned.. I glance at the speedo and I was barreling down the hill at around 55-60 mph. I let off the gas and slowed back down just about as soon as Johnny Law comes up behind me. The blues (no reds in Fairfax County) come on and I slowly merge over.

He comes up and says, "you had better be on your way to church". I explained the car situation and he asked what I did. Told him I was a Congressional Affairs guy for DOD working w/ NATO/SACEUR and I was prior service...etc etc - you know all the tricks. He says "well if you carried a badge and a gun I could let you walk away from this one". He was very nice almost as if he was fishing for some reason to let me off...but just couldnt do it - which I understand.

I then assume I'll get a speeding ticket (my first one ever and I've owned some VERY VERY fast cars [Vipers, Corvettes, etc]. Then he comes back with a ticket that says "Wreckless Driving" and he explained that because the roads were wet and the hill had a slight curve in it - it was wreckless driving and not speeding.

So now I have to go in a pleed to a judge why I'm a good citizen, how I volunteer to teach high school kids safe driving and keep out country safe from Russians (haha).
Old 10-25-2008, 12:36 PM
langtubip
not fast enuff

i was pulled over by a FAIRFAC COUNTY cop awhile ago doing 65 in a 35 zone, fined $500+ plus 2 month suspension...
Old 10-26-2008, 08:58 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Gotta get the setup like this. I had the V1 remote installed inside the corner of the rearview mirror. Even had the red arrows converted to blue to match my blue LED conversion and has the mute button on the backside of the mirror. Very stealth, the V1 unit is mounted to the roof just behind the passenger seat, you cant see it from behind the car at all.
Attached Thumbnails So I got pulled over for Wreckless-img109.jpg  
Old 10-28-2008, 06:17 AM
valdeztke

No radar on the car. He didn't get a speed from my car, just knew that I was driving a bit quick and it was raining. Hopefully i'll get it reduced to speeding and MIN points (like 1?)
Old 10-28-2008, 11:40 AM
ZRuggernDC

I was coming home saturday morning around 7pm from VA. Had a good time at a house party but about 2 miles from the wilson bridge the cop pulled me over for doing 91mph@55mph zone.
Im not gonna bad mouth the cop. I know I was speeding and I did not make excuses.
I told him I drank a good amount the night before and on my way home so I can catch my 8am tee time at Hampshire greens.
So he wrote me a quick ticket for wreckless, took a breathalizer test (blew 0.04)

He said just come to court and he will tell the judge that I was being very polite the entire time and that there was no traffic in the morning and I did not put anyone in danger. That way the sentencing will not be too harsh, maybe just a good amount in fines.
I was suprised how nice the cop was. I guess its always good to be polite to your police officer and have great respect for their job.

Either way, I HATE driving in VA
Did you give the cop a little wink and show some leg? ! ? !
(It was early in the morning ya know....)

j/k

wreckless driving fines aren't high. Just hope they dont suspend your license....

Last edited by ZRuggernDC; 10-28-2008 at 11:42 AM.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:44 AM
ZRuggernDC

This is the only state that I know of that gives reckless driving tickets like its candy on Halloween. I mean, how freaking LAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!