Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

aps single or turbonetics single

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008 | 04:40 PM
SC 350Z

wait a min i think you was going to buy my procharger kit off of me ohwell eric is getting it now!!!!
Old 03-25-2008 | 04:41 PM
INTENSEPOWER
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by UMW350Z
two snails are better than one!
With that theory, is 4 better than 2?

Darrren
Old 03-25-2008 | 06:19 PM
jeffie7

for a stock car I'd do the TN kit, but if anything at all is done, ANYTHING I'd go with the powerlabs.

best bang for the buck.

Is the Greddy TT better then the PL single? I don't think anyone could say one way or the other, its too soon, but looking at what the PL kit has done already, I think it would be hard to prove the TT any better at least, at this point.

Only down side to the PL setup.... Whos to say 6 months down the road a lot of PL users wont have issues. If there is any, will their CS be worth while? We'll find out!
Old 03-25-2008 | 06:23 PM
SlideFox

Originally Posted by jeffie7
for a stock car I'd do the TN kit, but if anything at all is done, ANYTHING I'd go with the powerlabs.

best bang for the buck.

Is the Greddy TT better then the PL single? I don't think anyone could say one way or the other, its too soon, but looking at what the PL kit has done already, I think it would be hard to prove the TT any better at least, at this point.

Only down side to the PL setup.... Whos to say 6 months down the road a lot of PL users wont have issues. If there is any, will their CS be worth while? We'll find out!
How's your Powerlab kit coming along?
Old 03-25-2008 | 07:28 PM
jeffie7

Originally Posted by SlideFox
How's your Powerlab kit coming along?
It should be shipping tomorrow.

Once I get my new Hiro in and get up to CT2 to have them cut the front bumper cover for the I/C I'll get started on the install.
Old 03-25-2008 | 08:08 PM
INTENSEPOWER
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by jeffie7

best bang for the buck.

Jeff,

Good points
Regarding PowerLab customer service: you purchased the kit from Intense, so you're in good hands All PowerLab dealers will have direct and immediate communication with PowerLab, so the end users will be well taken care of. Directions are in English, as well as not being written in the "outback".

Darren(has a good feeling that PowerLab won't get banned from this forum either..)
Old 03-26-2008 | 02:21 AM
citymunky

Originally Posted by INTENSEPOWER
With that theory, is 4 better than 2?

Darrren
Yes LOL,

Old 03-26-2008 | 04:39 PM
memphis350z

yeah i was gonna buy it but it took me too long to get my funding right and i apologize...got all the funding i need now and am ready to take the plunge!! 7K just sounds high for a single turbo set up...i can get a new greddy kit and greddy intercooler for like 5500...
Old 03-26-2008 | 05:00 PM
INTENSEPOWER
Vendor - Former Vendor

Hello,

All good sir. Wow, $5500 huh? That's 35% off of list (wholesale distributor level, when the dealer eats the credit card fee). These dealers selling this low are making such small margins (less than 5%..). Great for you though

I'm not going to take away from the GReddy kit, although I will add that you will need to purchase a blow off valve and flange, as well as have someone weld the flange on for you (unless you weld). Labor on single turbo kits is about half that of a twin turbo kit too. You may want to keep that in mind if you're paying someone to install. My thoughts..

D
Old 03-26-2008 | 05:56 PM
memphis350z

thanks..oh i mis calculated...its about 6100 sorry...kit off ebay new from a power seller and the intercooler...the kit doesnt come with a bov??wtf
Old 03-26-2008 | 06:02 PM
SlideFox

Originally Posted by memphis350z
thanks..oh i mis calculated...its about 6100 sorry...kit off ebay new from a power seller and the intercooler...the kit doesnt come with a bov??wtf
So add a BOV, Flange, and Labor; now your at 6200-6300 plus about 2000 for install... it adds up
Old 03-26-2008 | 06:13 PM
INTENSEPOWER
Vendor - Former Vendor

Correct -- no GReddy intercooler piping kits come with a blow off valve. You're looking at ~$200 for the valve + ~$30 for the flange + whatever labor you are charged to cut the pipe and weld the flange. So, you're going to be around $6400. But the real kicker in the pant is the labor on twin turbo kits. Expect to spend at least $2500 from any reputable installer -- especially given that whomever does the install made $0 on selling you the turbo kit. Total: ~$9000. On the other side of the coin, you will spend ~$1200 - $1500 on the install of a single kit. In the above mentioned example of PowerLab at $7000 + $1500 install, you're saving $500, and getting a kit with a better engine management, etc etc.

D
Old 03-26-2008 | 06:33 PM
Nowell
National Z Club

Correct -- no GReddy intercooler piping kits come with a blow off valve. You're looking at ~$200 for the valve + ~$30 for the flange + whatever labor you are charged to cut the pipe and weld the flange. So, you're going to be around $6400. But the real kicker in the pant is the labor on twin turbo kits. Expect to spend at least $2500 from any reputable installer -- especially given that whomever does the install made $0 on selling you the turbo kit. Total: ~$9000. On the other side of the coin, you will spend ~$1200 - $1500 on the install of a single kit. In the above mentioned example of PowerLab at $7000 + $1500 install, you're saving $500, and getting a kit with a better engine management, etc etc.

D
add in tune, EMS (cause we know how good the E-Blue is), boost controller, guages, etc, and your in the 12-15k range easy for twins. Alot of people think boost is cheap cause they see a kit for damn near nothing. There is alot more to it than just a kit.

Saying that (and Dave FT can attest) I had n2o, TN, Greddy, and I wish I would have gone Greddy right from the start. Wait, save up more, and do it right the first time.
Old 03-27-2008 | 03:27 AM
memphis350z

advice taken....!!i l will look into this powerlab kit alittle more also....it looks promising
Old 03-27-2008 | 05:52 AM
07nismoz

memph saw you wednesday morning right by 695/95south entrance and i went to like honk over cause we were stopped next to each other and realized i was in a pick up haha, looks good. by the way.. go powerlab from my reading. Im in love with it
Old 03-27-2008 | 06:18 AM
INTENSEPOWER
Vendor - Former Vendor

advice taken....!!i l will look into this powerlab kit alittle more also....it looks promising
There's a super reputable PowerLab dealer in your neck of the woods too

https://my350z.com/forum/north-east/346831-powerlabs-st-kit-dealer-install.html

Post #14

Darrren
Old 03-27-2008 | 03:37 PM
memphis350z

whats up man!havent seen you around nismo....yeah on the daily communte...damn 95 construction!!!
Old 03-27-2008 | 03:57 PM
citymunky

Originally Posted by Nowell
add in tune, EMS (cause we know how good the E-Blue is), boost controller, guages, etc, and your in the 12-15k range easy for twins. Alot of people think boost is cheap cause they see a kit for damn near nothing. There is alot more to it than just a kit.

Saying that (and Dave FT can attest) I had n2o, TN, Greddy, and I wish I would have gone Greddy right from the start. Wait, save up more, and do it right the first time.

Also a thicker radiator, fuel pump, some sort of fuel return system, and upgraded flywheel/clutch will round out the package.

Oh, How could I forget about the oil cooler.

EDIT: I'm still sitting on my GReddy TT cuz, I don't factor in the whole picture. But I glad I waited cuz now a have ALOT more knowledge than I did back than.

Last edited by citymunky; 03-27-2008 at 04:03 PM.
Old 03-27-2008 | 04:04 PM
INTENSEPOWER
Vendor - Former Vendor

An aftermarket rad isn't required. We have stock rad tt and s/t cars running around in AZ. I'd say it's an option more than anything (unless you're tracking/road course/drifting). Many of the turbo kits include a fuel pump, and if you run off of the wg(s) spring pressure, you're not required to run a fuel return system either. You're not required to get a lightened flywheel either, but an upgraded clutch is highly recommended. My thoughts..

Darren
Old 03-27-2008 | 04:13 PM
citymunky

An aftermarket rad isn't required. We have stock rad tt and s/t cars running around in AZ. I'd say it's an option more than anything (unless you're tracking/road course/drifting). Many of the turbo kits include a fuel pump, and if you run off of the wg(s) spring pressure, you're not required to run a fuel return system either. You're not required to get a lightened flywheel either, but an upgraded clutch is highly recommended. My thoughts..

Darren

I know none of that stuff is required, that why I said to" round out the package." Also my GReddy TT didn't come with a fuel pump, only 440cc injectors.

Quick Reply: aps single or turbonetics single