Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Sold my Z, got a new ride...

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 09:14 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Havent seen a new Evo n person yet, I'll reserve judgment till then. They are nice cars but not something Id want to be seen in my mid twenties and up.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:16 AM
TIGHT-Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DROPPEDIT2WCE
Nice, from what I've read the manual is what you want if you plan to really beat on the car or up the boost.

True, the SST AT paddle shifter version coming out is not doing so well at the track testing, its overheating a lot. Plus, you can NEVER go wrong with a MT sport car
Old 04-02-2008, 09:19 AM
TIGHT-Z

Originally Posted by Alberto
Havent seen a new Evo n person yet, I'll reserve judgment till then. They are nice cars but not something Id want to be seen in my mid twenties and up.

Your completely wrong, it is WAAAAY different than previous version. It has a more grown up look to it and they raised the price so dumb punk kids cant buy them anymore right off the bat. I was sketchy seeing it in pictures also, but when i saw it in person, I changed my mind instantly.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:20 AM
PhiSig
Wheel Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Alberto
I think you're right, while the evo is a great performer on the street and track, it seems to fall into the boy racer category. I see more guys graduating from a Z to a vette, viper, or 911. The evo is still a very nice car, but I understand your point.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:24 AM
raf84ny

Originally Posted by Nexx
i would have sold that Z too.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:25 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by TIGHT-Z
Your completely wrong, it is WAAAAY different than previous version. It has a more grown up look to it and they raised the price so dumb punk kids cant buy them anymore right off the bat. I was sketchy seeing it in pictures also, but when i saw it in person, I changed my mind instantly.
I know how mucdh they cost, and how they look. In 1 yr we will see punk kids in them with sideways hats just like we did with new $34K STi's back in 03', and current Evo's. Just my 2 cents which aint worth much
Old 04-02-2008, 09:31 AM
PhiSig
Wheel Whore

We'll see what kinda demographic starts to gets behind the wheel. Clearly they aren't cheap cars, so you gotta be getting paid to own one -- for now anyways. The STYLE of the car is very boy racer, not saying its a car built for high school kids, but the old one anyway had some styling elements that were a bit too flamboyant for my taste.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:37 AM
TIGHT-Z

I see that now with the Z. Most 350Z's i see on the road now are older men and woman and HS kids. Plus the Z is not original anymore to me, too many of them on the road and in the dealerships. Viper and vettes and all that, to each his own, I wouldnt buy one of those for a number of reasons. Plus, im pretty sure after putting some money into my X, wont have to worry about most cars beating me. Anyways, im trying to make it to track rental, schedule pending.

And NEXX, dont post pointless pic comment off topic without showing yours...
Old 04-02-2008, 09:41 AM
PhiSig
Wheel Whore

I see that now with the Z. Most 350Z's i see on the road now are older men and woman and HS kids. Plus the Z is not original anymore to me, too many of them on the road and in the dealerships. Viper and vettes and all that, to each his own, I wouldnt buy one of those for a number of reasons. Plus, im pretty sure after putting some money into my X, wont have to worry about most cars beating me. Anyways, im trying to make it to track rental, schedule pending.

Well best of luck with it, and bring it too a Z meet sometime so we can check it out. I got to see a silver one at F:T and a DSM meet (don't know if that was yours or not).
Old 04-02-2008, 09:45 AM
TIGHT-Z

Originally Posted by PhiSig
Well best of luck with it, and bring it too a Z meet sometime so we can check it out. I got to see a silver one at F:T and a DSM meet (don't know if that was yours or not).

I brought it out to Daves last meet at his shop(FT). Not sure if you were there or not, maybe that was what you were talking about.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:54 AM
PhiSig
Wheel Whore

yeah, that was it then, 30 day tags on the car.
Old 04-02-2008, 10:05 AM
TIGHT-Z

Yeah, i only had it for like 3 days. But i just passed the 1,000 mile mark. So time to mod.
Old 04-02-2008, 10:21 AM
Eric the Ricer
Banned

Looks good!
Old 04-02-2008, 11:42 AM
MR_X

Hey, I was playing with one of those yesterday. Need to replace my BMW 330i with something that goes pshhh every time I shift . Just didn't like the price.
Old 04-02-2008, 11:48 AM
TIGHT-Z

Originally Posted by MR_X
Hey, I was playing with one of those yesterday. Need to replace my BMW 330i with something that goes pshhh every time I shift . Just didn't like the price.

Were you on rt. 50 in chantilly yesterday? Some BMW was trailing me for miles on rte. 50 from chantilly to fair oaks. haha. I wasnt pushing it at all, just noticed the BMW staying behind me through traffic. Yeah the stock BOV is pretty loud and the turbo spool up is just as noticable, but no complaints on my end.
Old 04-02-2008, 11:48 AM
tywinter

OP---

Will you be bringing it up to the April 11th track day??
Old 04-02-2008, 11:54 AM
MR_X

Were you on rt. 50 in chantilly yesterday? Some BMW was trailing me for miles on rte. 50 from chantilly to fair oaks. haha. I wasnt pushing it at all, just noticed the BMW staying behind me through traffic. Yeah the stock BOV is pretty loud and the turbo spool up is just as noticable, but no complaints on my end.
Nope, it wasn't me. I drove the Titan yesterday.
Old 04-02-2008, 12:01 PM
350Ricky
I like Rice

I saw a red one in person at rockville barnes and noble one night.

I love Evos and Zs. My two favorite cars, but IMO I dont really like how the Evo X look. Its looks a little too boxy, and not as aggressive as its suppose to be.
Old 04-02-2008, 12:16 PM
TIGHT-Z

Originally Posted by tywinter
OP---

Will you be bringing it up to the April 11th track day??

I would like to come run it for the first time, but $65 is a little steep for me right now, so I might not make it to this one
Old 04-02-2008, 12:20 PM
shocka04

so you buy a new car whenever you start seein a lot of them on the road?

Quick Reply: Sold my Z, got a new ride...