Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Sold my Z, got a new ride...

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 04:21 AM
Integrity
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zland
Sounds like you better sell your 350Z in a couple of years and buy your own guidelines, never buy any car that has performance & good handling but do buy a mini van. Enjoy the rest of your driving life.....
Davidv is using this thing called sarcasm. He's older then 25 himself.
Old 04-04-2008, 05:26 AM
AroundMyHorn

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TIGHT-Z
Did you really just compare a Lambo to a Nissan 350Z? lol, nice one...

When did he compare the lambo to the Z? He compared the DRIVERS of the cars.

It's good to see how happy you are with your new car, but I can't believe how fast you've turned into a Mitsu fanboy. You basically said your EVO would kill a Z at anything performance related?? Maybe your 03 Z, but that's apples and oranges my friend. I'm willing to bet the 07 Z would definitely give your new EVO a run for it's money. Just some food for thought.
Old 04-04-2008, 05:50 AM
TIGHT-Z

Originally Posted by AroundMyHorn
When did he compare the lambo to the Z? He compared the DRIVERS of the cars.

It's good to see how happy you are with your new car, but I can't believe how fast you've turned into a Mitsu fanboy. You basically said your EVO would kill a Z at anything performance related?? Maybe your 03 Z, but that's apples and oranges my friend. I'm willing to bet the 07 Z would definitely give your new EVO a run for it's money. Just some food for thought.

Who ever said I was a "fanboy"? What does that even mean? lol. If you ACTUALLY read my post, you would of seen that I put "YOUR" 350Z, not EVERY Z around. I owned a Z for longer than any of you probably, so I know both cars. And your crazy if you really think a stock Z can even stay close with a stock X on the twisty track. Clearly you havent read ANY car articles or testing. I love both cars, just cant stand 350Z owners who think their car is faster than anything else on the road or better for that matter. And im NOT saying my X is, its not, but dont act like the Z is some untouchable machine.

And this is why the Z community pisses me off sometimes, I have been here for 5 years and some NOOB homos come in the picture and try to bash me like they know anything? LOL You can hate all you want on EVO's and Mitsu, but their forums are more civilized than the Z one in most regards. And this thread is a PERFECT example of why
Old 04-04-2008, 05:51 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

My STOCK EVO X will run circles around YOUR 350Z on a track and beat you 1/4 anyday of the week. AND thats including the extra weight of your GF in my passenger seat and mom in my rear seat

Know your facts before you open your mouth noob.
While you may beat this guy, I doubt you'd beat the times of a new HR Z with a capable driver, so dont think the Evo is so fast....

Dont be mag racer either, run your car at the track and put up some numbers, then we will see where you stand.

Biggest mistake AWD owners make-somebody said it, they think AWD = bad a$$ on the road. Truth is, and even Tony's weaksdauce driving a$$ can verify, an AWD car is as hard or harder to launch than a RWD car, thats why you see tools bogging or clutch dumping out of the hole and the cars falling on their faces. Id love to check the car out in person, seeing it live will likely change my opinion of them like Charles' STi did....
Old 04-04-2008, 05:59 AM
TIGHT-Z

Originally Posted by Alberto
While you may beat this guy, I doubt you'd beat the times of a new HR Z with a capable driver, so dont think the Evo is so fast....

Dont be mag racer either, run your car at the track and put up some numbers, then we will see where you stand.

Biggest mistake AWD owners make-somebody said it, they think AWD = bad a$$ on the road. Truth is, and even Tony's weaksdauce driving a$$ can verify, an AWD car is as hard or harder to launch than a RWD car, thats why you see tools bogging or clutch dumping out of the hole and the cars falling on their faces. Id love to check the car out in person, seeing it live will likely change my opinion of them like Charles' STi did....

And i completely agree with all that, except that the new HR would beat the new X. I never said my X was the best or fastest around by any means. And luanching is hard for AWD, but the Z has to worry about wheel spin as well. People dont understand the mod capability of the new X either. With a CAI, exhuast and MBC, the X dynoed over 100 AWHP more than stock. What will the new HR Z get with an exhuast and CAI... 30 WHP tops?

And just for the record, I didnt start this thread to talk smack, other douche bag noobs came in and started to talk trash to me!
Old 04-04-2008, 06:03 AM
blasian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Integrity
Davidv is using this thing called sarcasm. He's older then 25 himself.
That's odd man, I figured it was easy to catch. I think 95% of davidv's posts consist of sarcasm, pics, thread bumps, or all of the above
Old 04-04-2008, 06:08 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

And i completely agree with all that, except that the new HR would beat the new X. I never said my X was the best or fastest around by any means. And luanching is hard for AWD, but the Z has to worry about wheel spin as well. People dont understand the mod capability of the new X either. With a CAI, exhuast and MBC, the X dynoed over 100 AWHP more than stock. What will the new HR Z get with an exhuast and CAI... 30 WHP tops?

And just for the record, I didnt start this thread to talk smack, other douche bag noobs came in and started to talk trash to me!
I know you didnt start this thread to talk smack, your excited about a new car as anybody would be.

Fastest HR just ran 13.1 @ 107.9mph, your car may run close to that time, but I doubt even with a better launch it would beat that time and never touch that trap stock. But again, lets not bench race, lets see what you got

And trust me, we all know the mod potential of the cars, same as STi's, SRT'4, 335Xi's, etc.

I forget the company but I saw impressive gains on a X with basic mods and slightly more boost, it was around 70whp IIRC. Dont be another turbo owner who says "I can gain 80+whp with $2000" If we all wanted to go fast cheap we would be running 10's in Fox body stangs with $3000 invested....
Old 04-04-2008, 06:16 AM
bigslim350Z

I know you didnt start this thread to talk smack, your excited about a new car as anybody would be.

Fastest HR just ran 13.1 @ 107.9mph, your car may run close to that time, but I doubt even with a better launch it would beat that time and never touch that trap stock. But again, lets not bench race, lets see what you got

And trust me, we all know the mod potential of the cars, same as STi's, SRT'4, 335Xi's, etc.

I forget the company but I saw impressive gains on a X with basic mods and slightly more boost, it was around 70whp IIRC. Dont be another turbo owner who says "I can gain 80+whp with $2000" If we all wanted to go fast cheap we would be running 10's in Fox body stangs with $3000 invested....
And not be able to take turns.
Old 04-04-2008, 06:17 AM
TIGHT-Z

Edmunds inside line 2008 Stock Evo X with an ECU tune:

1/4 Mile (sec @ mph): 12.7 @ 109.7

If people dont know, the new evo X from the factory is running very rich and restricting the PSI through the gears and RPMS. The ecu tune was to lean it out more, thats all.

And i have no problem running my X. Just need to put some miles on it first and then ill be ready.
Old 04-04-2008, 06:22 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Stock with an ECU tune isnt stock

If its rich from the factory so be it, so are 99% of cars...
Old 04-04-2008, 06:28 AM
TIGHT-Z

You didnt quote where a STOCK 350Z ran a 13.1 1/4. Source? And technically a tune on a stock car is stock to me because your not adding or taking anything off the car or buying an upgrade, your just tweaking what you already have from the factory. And BTW, mistu is re-tuning the stock ECU's when you bring it in for the first service.
Old 04-04-2008, 06:31 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Go look in the drag forum, I dont quote magazines I quote what people actually run. Two days ago at Cecil county a stock HR ran that time. Do you think Mitsu is going to unock 30whp with a tune up flash? Tenchincally any alteration to a car = not stock, even changing from a paper filter to a K&N. According to your mentality my car is stock as well, I just finished engineering and pieceing together what Nissan decided not to finish.
Old 04-04-2008, 06:34 AM
blasian

Thinking about bringing my car back to stock by putting a VK56 in it.
Old 04-04-2008, 06:46 AM
TIGHT-Z

Go look in the drag forum, I dont quote magazines I quote what people actually run. Two days ago at Cecil county a stock HR ran that time. Do you think Mitsu is going to unock 30whp with a tune up flash? Tenchincally any alteration to a car = not stock, even changing from a paper filter to a K&N. According to your mentality my car is stock as well, I just finished engineering and pieceing together what Nissan decided not to finish.

How do you even know if that car is stock first of all? and your telling me that out of 5 magazines who tested the HR at 13.6 1/4, this guy managed to shave of .5? haha, he must have the most magical HR Z around.
Old 04-04-2008, 06:50 AM
TIGHT-Z

Ok...

The Nissan 350Z HR and the Mitsubishi Evo X are the two greatest cars of ALL time Well just leave it at that

The end

j/k of course
Old 04-04-2008, 07:14 AM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Ok...

The Nissan 350Z HR and the Mitsubishi Evo X are the two greatest cars of ALL time Well just leave it at that

The end

j/k of course
Just wait until I bring my tricycle down to the track and ride it backward to beat your X and Alberto's Z.

Then end!!!!
Old 04-04-2008, 07:17 AM
TIGHT-Z

Originally Posted by bb1314
Just wait until I bring my tricycle down to the track and ride it backward to beat your X and Alberto's Z.

Then end!!!!

ddaaaaaammmmmmmmmnnn, make sure its stock though, better not have those upgraded handle tassles on it!
Old 04-04-2008, 08:40 AM
blasian

How do you even know if that car is stock first of all? and your telling me that out of 5 magazines who tested the HR at 13.6 1/4, this guy managed to shave of .5? haha, he must have the most magical HR Z around.
Most magazines for the 03s were getting 14.1s... yet some manage 13.7s

There are at least two people on this forum that have ran 13.1...
Old 04-04-2008, 08:44 AM
bigslim350Z

Originally Posted by blasian
Most magazines for the 03s were getting 14.1s... yet some manage 13.7s

There are at least two people on this forum that have ran 13.1...
magazines test cars on a surface that have the same coefficient of friction as the street. On a prepped track, as you can see from the top 25 times thread, people are able to shave some time off of their ETs.
Old 04-04-2008, 08:46 AM
TIGHT-Z

`

Last edited by TIGHT-Z; 04-04-2008 at 08:50 AM.

Quick Reply: Sold my Z, got a new ride...