Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Sold my Z, got a new ride...

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 12:22 PM
bboypuertoroc

Received 2,448 Likes on 1,769 Posts

Originally Posted by Alberto
I know how mucdh they cost, and how they look. In 1 yr we will see punk kids in them with sideways hats just like we did with new $34K STi's back in 03', and current Evo's. Just my 2 cents which aint worth much
Shut yer mouf guy... LOL. There's the same amount of kayfuNks in Z's as well. Plus, it's not like they raised the price that much... only a few hundred more than the IX GSR when they came out.

Good choice of car OP. The X's have really grown on me since I've had a chance to mess with them in person.

Careful with the launching... the stock X clutch is weaker than the stock IX clutch, and my IX clutch was roasted in less than 8k (due in no small part to over 50 launches and 3 or so bad ones).

Did you get the stock RF system? Thing is sweet, much better than the older ones.
Old 04-02-2008, 12:34 PM
TIGHT-Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bboypuertoroc
Shut yer mouf guy... LOL. There's the same amount of kayfuNks in Z's as well. Plus, it's not like they raised the price that much... only a few hundred more than the IX GSR when they came out.

Good choice of car OP. The X's have really grown on me since I've had a chance to mess with them in person.

Careful with the launching... the stock X clutch is weaker than the stock IX clutch, and my IX clutch was roasted in less than 8k (due in no small part to over 50 launches and 3 or so bad ones).

Did you get the stock RF system? Thing is sweet, much better than the older ones.

No i didnt get the RF sound system, that stupid sub and complete system weighed over 38 lbs! The stock system is fine enough for me. And yeah the stock clutch is not going to last, probably one of my first upgrades
Old 04-02-2008, 12:40 PM
TIGHT-Z

Originally Posted by shocka04
so you buy a new car whenever you start seein a lot of them on the road?

No, but when i see 10 a day on the road and 3/4 of them are being driving by grandmothers, its a shame for the Z community I think Nissan shouldnt of made 5 models, there are just too many Z's out there now. The dealership by my work has over 25 on the lot alone!!!! They are just so common place now. The 350Z has lost all its re-sale value because of its over production. I still like them though
Old 04-02-2008, 12:41 PM
blasian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw an EVO X this weekend at the autox and I have to say I like them better than the IX
Old 04-02-2008, 12:57 PM
Nowell
National Z Club

I think its the AWD that attracts the fanboys and kids. They think AWD means they can hop in it and be a bad *** driver first time out.

Nice ride tho bro. Did you put the Z back to stock or sell to a private owner? I saw your X up at the FT meet, looks pretty good in person, the exhaust note is pittiful though, gotta get that upgraded!
Old 04-02-2008, 01:24 PM
NoahzBurnt

i drove an EVO X GSR last week. The handling is AMAZING!!!!

If you thought the z had lack of luggage space do not buy the evo with the RF system...u can't even fit 1/2 of a dead hooker in there.
Old 04-02-2008, 01:28 PM
bboypuertoroc

Originally Posted by NoahzBurnt
i drove an EVO X GSR last week. The handling is AMAZING!!!!

If you thought the z had lack of luggage space do not buy the evo with the RF system...u can't even fit 1/2 of a dead hooker in there.
Even without the system the trunk is immensely small. Instead of like the CT9A Evo's that had the fluid bottle on the side, they have that plastic wall against the back side of the trunk that houses that and now also the battery's in there.
Old 04-02-2008, 04:36 PM
ACEMAN
Master

Hey Rob..

Sorry to see you sell the car.. I do like the new EVO's though.. Would be nice to see you come to the track even if it is to hang out..

Some vids from the good ole days.

Rob vrs s2000

http://aceman350z.50megs.com/350z-s2000.WMV

Me vrs Rob

http://aceman350z.50megs.com/350z%20vs%20350z.wmv

Congrats
Todd
Old 04-02-2008, 04:36 PM
halfass872

Originally Posted by bboypuertoroc
.....Careful with the launching... the stock X clutch is weaker than the stock IX clutch, and my IX clutch was roasted in less than 8k (due in no small part to over 50 launches and 3 or so bad ones).....
Not trying to bash the OP's purchase. But if this holds true, i'd have to think twice about laying down all that money? Why would they build this bas a$$ car with all this TQ and HP knowing people are gonna beat on it. Then put in a whimpy clutch that can barely handle stock form, not to mention modding. Even after, from what you say, the old clutches were even worse!! IMO that's a poorly engineered car. I realize corners have to be cut in order to bring cost down enough that people will buy them. But one would think the drive train would be the last place they should cut corners!! I'm curious how these evo's will hold up 5-10 years down the road. Mitsubishi isn't exactly known for being top quality. Not saying Nissan's $hit doesn't stink.

Last edited by halfass872; 04-02-2008 at 05:15 PM.
Old 04-02-2008, 05:53 PM
TIGHT-Z

[QUOTE=aceman]Hey Rob..

Sorry to see you sell the car.. I do like the new EVO's though.. Would be nice to see you come to the track even if it is to hang out..

I sold the Z as it looked in the picture privately. I sold my supercharger seperatly though to another member on here. Yeah the trunk is pretty pointless. haha.

Todd bringing out the OLD school races. BONE stock Z's just tearin it up. haha. Ill try to make it man, but I have NO money at all right now. Do you have to pay to just come and chill? Let me know.

And i can deal with the clutch being soft, considering it makes up in other categories. I was going to upgrade the clutch anyway, so no biggie to me. With only a CAI and exhuast, the X gained over 45 AWHP. Add an intercooler and downpipe and manual boost controller, 100 AWHP The EVO X is much more mod friendly than the 350Z and shows WAY more gains for less money.
Old 04-02-2008, 05:57 PM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TIGHT-Z
I see that now with the Z. Most 350Z's i see on the road now are older men and woman and HS kids. Plus the Z is not original anymore to me, too many of them on the road and in the dealerships. Viper and vettes and all that, to each his own, I wouldnt buy one of those for a number of reasons. Plus, im pretty sure after putting some money into my X, wont have to worry about most cars beating me. Anyways, im trying to make it to track rental, schedule pending.

And NEXX, dont post pointless pic comment off topic without showing yours...
haha, dont take it so hard, i just keed. like the evo, they really make an impression in person.
Old 04-02-2008, 07:25 PM
bboypuertoroc

Originally Posted by halfass872
Not trying to bash the OP's purchase. But if this holds true, i'd have to think twice about laying down all that money? Why would they build this bas a$$ car with all this TQ and HP knowing people are gonna beat on it. Then put in a whimpy clutch that can barely handle stock form, not to mention modding. Even after, from what you say, the old clutches were even worse!! IMO that's a poorly engineered car. I realize corners have to be cut in order to bring cost down enough that people will buy them. But one would think the drive train would be the last place they should cut corners!! I'm curious how these evo's will hold up 5-10 years down the road. Mitsubishi isn't exactly known for being top quality. Not saying Nissan's $hit doesn't stink.
AWD drivetrains are hella hard on clutches. On top of that, the car wasn't built to launch the way we (Evo drivers) launch it. I'd rather the clutch be the weak link anyways since it's MUCH cheaper to replace than say the tranny or x-case.

The clutch still holds good without any slipping (on the X's) until you go ~130 AWHP over stock. Not bad if you ask me.
Old 04-03-2008, 02:25 AM
halfass872

And i can deal with the clutch being soft, considering it makes up in other categories. I was going to upgrade the clutch anyway, so no biggie to me. With only a CAI and exhuast, the X gained over 45 AWHP. Add an intercooler and downpipe and manual boost controller, 100 AWHP The EVO X is much more mod friendly than the 350Z and shows WAY more gains for less money.
Quantity over quality! Sounds like it's gonna end up being the new SRT4 to me!! LOL

Nice looking car though!! I really like the changes they have made to make it look less boxy. I'm sure you turn alot of heads, i don't think i've seen one on the road yet!

Last edited by halfass872; 04-03-2008 at 03:22 AM.
Old 04-03-2008, 03:58 AM
TIGHT-Z

[QUOTE=halfass872]Quantity over quality! Sounds like it's gonna end up being the new SRT4 to me!! LOL

Honestly bro, it has quality and quantity, probably much more than the
350Z. Dont forget, i owned a Z for almost 6 years, supercharged for 1 year. It doesnt have nearly the best engine and mod-ability around.
Old 04-03-2008, 06:34 AM
Integrity
Banned

I would like to come run it for the first time, but $65 is a little steep for me right now, so I might not make it to this one
You should run her at the track day. I'm on the fence about running my new car as well, but I think you and I would make for a great stock vs stock race.

Old 04-03-2008, 06:40 AM
KManZ
Banned

Originally Posted by Integrity
You should run her at the track day. I'm on the fence about running my new car as well, but I think you and I would make for a great stock vs stock race.

I need to see an STi in person, along with the Evo. Still not sold on the looks
Old 04-03-2008, 06:53 AM
TIGHT-Z

Im going to try and make it to the April 11th meet. Yeah, I think my EVO and your STI will come down to a drivers race and the launch.
Old 04-03-2008, 09:55 AM
StoneZtech

If you want to put down the Z and say only 50 year old women drive them.

Why are you here? to say your Boy Racer Go-Cart is better ??

GO the Evo boards and talk your Boy racer trash.

Well I sold my 350Z after owning it for 5 years. Decided to move onto new things. I had a blast with the Z, but wanted something different and something new. I hate how the 350Z is MASS produced now and I see 50 yr old woman driving them more than younger people.

Anyways, here is a pic of my 350Z and my new whip....
2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution GSR X
Old 04-03-2008, 09:58 AM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Originally Posted by StoneZtech

.... OP never said ONLY 50 year old woman drive 350z's. He owned a 350z himself! Geez.. people are so sensitive these days.
Old 04-03-2008, 10:12 AM
bboypuertoroc

Originally Posted by StoneZtech

STFU tough guy.

Quick Reply: Sold my Z, got a new ride...