Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Sold my Z, got a new ride...

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 11:43 AM
TIGHT-Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

STOCK CARS

"But the GT-R is a big thing, with 477bhp to misuse, and it soon becomes clear that on the right sort of road, an Evo at full bore will have the upper hand over a GT-R at more like half."

Source is TopGear.

And im not downing the HR, I like it. I just had a problem with people bashing me for no reason. Oh well, to each his own. Two good cars in my own opinion, so whats the problem with everyone?

I think everyone forgets I owned a supercharged Z for years, Im a fan of the Z just as much as the Evo's.
Old 04-04-2008, 11:45 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by TIGHT-Z
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/N...own_156067.htm

Stock X with just a MBC installed.

And alberto, give me about 8-10 months for parts to come out,and ill be happy to race you or whoever in REAL life, not "mag-race" on the 1/4 track and twisty track Thats if you dont blow another tranny by then j/k

The HR aint that fast s your making it out to be geez, didnt know the HR was GOD around the forums...

And BTW, you should read the article that track and road tested the new EVO X vs. US Nissan GT-R (not a HR Z). To sum it up, the X stayed almost even with it the entire time.
Your taking this out of context. Im not saying X's are garbage, or that yours is slow, or that I would beat you (cuz I would rape you in reverse with a busted tranny), thats not the point here.

I mentioned in my first post the type of people that drive them, and the attitudes they usually have-that of "my car with just XXX can run XXX, and I only spent XXX" is EXACTLY what you already have and have proven time and time again-you are the reason I would never drive one, or even an STi. You come into the forums and state false things (like an X will beat an HR down the 1/4 STOCK), and you return to your SRT-4 owner/immature mentality when proven and told otherwise by people that actually know that cars can run faster than mag times.

I also never said the HR is fast, fast is relative what is fast to you is weaksauce to me, and what is fast to me is weaksauce to the TT Viper owner-get my point? What is TRUE is that down the 1320 or highway STOCK for STOCk the HR will stomp the Evo, live with it. Im WELL aware the capabilities of the car mod'd....

EDIT-Im not a fan of the GTR but you need to realize one thing. On a super tight course, like an Auto-X I wouldnt doubt an X could beat a GTR. On most road course no chance in hell-hence why the article states "that on the right sort of road" but you likely didnt know what that meant. Also realize a Miata could beat an X on a tight course, so what? You get the award for most magazine references in an (un)intelligent argument ever, talk to me from experience not some overweight non driving editors words and opinions.

Last edited by Alberto; 04-04-2008 at 11:49 AM.
Old 04-04-2008, 12:02 PM
SIL350
Amber Lynn

^^^

Last edited by SIL350; 04-04-2008 at 12:05 PM.
Old 04-04-2008, 12:05 PM
TIGHT-Z

Alberto]Your taking this out of context. Im not saying X's are garbage, or that yours is slow, or that I would beat you (cuz I would rape you in reverse with a busted tranny), thats not the point here.

Ive seen you drag race(if thats what you call it), not impressed by you almost hitting the wall 2 times and losing control in every gear. With the amount of money you put in that Z, you should be in the 9's (11.1 is weaksauce after all the money you have spent)

And mentality? Go back to the beginning of this thread, A 350Z OWNER was the one who started talking trash first. So that just makes what you said, complete Bullsh*t if you ask me.... And YOU prove that Nissan 350Z owners think there car is a ferrari and so "upper class" haha please wake up.

But to go back to my point, Please go back and read who started talking trash first. A 350Z OWNER......
Old 04-04-2008, 12:07 PM
blasian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And BTW, you should read the article that track and road tested the new EVO X vs. US Nissan GT-R (not a HR Z). To sum it up, the X stayed almost even with it the entire time.

Okay so lets see... I'm assuming the X is running low 13s stock. That is no where nearly even REMOTELY close to the 11.5-11.7 GT-Rs have been getting

As alberto said, on the "right" course it could definitely give it a run but hell... there are Miatas that are slower in the 1/4 but kill me in an autox. Things would change on a high speed road course.

This dude is crackin' me up
Old 04-04-2008, 12:09 PM
blasian

Alberto]Your taking this out of context. Im not saying X's are garbage, or that yours is slow, or that I would beat you (cuz I would rape you in reverse with a busted tranny), thats not the point here.

Ive seen you drag race(if thats what you call it), not impressed by you almost hitting the wall 2 times and losing control in every gear. With the amount of money you put in that Z, you should be in the 9's (11.1 is weaksauce after all the money you have spent)

And mentality? Go back to the beginning of this thread, A 350Z OWNER was the one who started talking trash first. So that just makes what you said, complete Bullsh*t if you ask me.... And YOU prove that Nissan 350Z owners think there car is a ferrari and so "upper class" haha please wake up.

But to go back to my point, Please go back and read who started talking trash first. A 350Z OWNER......
Have you driven a high HP RWD car
Old 04-04-2008, 12:10 PM
TIGHT-Z

Originally Posted by blasian

Okay so lets see... I'm assuming the X is running low 13s stock. That is no where nearly even REMOTELY close to the 11.5-11.7 GT-Rs have been getting

As alberto said, on the "right" course it could definitely give it a run but hell... there are Miatas that are slower in the 1/4 but kill me in an autox. Things would change on a high speed road course.

This dude is crackin' me up

Hey diggity douche, the article was about twisty courses, not 1/4 mile time, no crap the GT-R stock will beat mine stock 1/4. The "right" course? haha, forgot they made specially designed courses for each model car.
Old 04-04-2008, 12:11 PM
AroundMyHorn

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

your first post.....

I hate how the 350Z is MASS produced now and I see 50 yr old woman driving them more than younger people.
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

AHAHA you are officially one of the most naive people Ive dealt with online. If you had a car with nuts that wasnt set-up for drag racing you would know why I had issues with the car, but you dont. I wont get into those points they are in other threads. 11.1 @ 126mph letting off at my lowest power level-yeah that is weak!

Remind us again how stellar your times were in the Z? Thats right they were garbage, but having AWD and a turbo and because a good driver online ran 12.5 with just a MBC you can do it too right? When did I say a Z was upper class? One Z owner (not me) picking on you was all we needed for you to embrace us with your exceptional mag racing skills....btw how do you know how much $$$ I spent on my car? Or are you just assuming its $XX,XXX like you assume you can suddenly drag race due to AWD?

Last edited by Alberto; 04-04-2008 at 12:14 PM.
blasian

Hey diggity douche, the article was about twisty courses, not 1/4 mile time, no crap the GT-R stock will beat mine stock 1/4. The "right" course? haha, forgot they made specially designed courses for each model car.
EVO X GT-R
Tsukuba 1:06.73 1:01.94

TIGHT-Z

Originally Posted by blasian
Have you driven a high HP RWD car
I had a supercharged 350Z. And whats the point of having all that HP when you cant even use it or make your car go straight? Seems pointless to me doesnt it?
Old 04-04-2008, 12:15 PM
bboypuertoroc

Received 2,448 Likes on 1,769 Posts

Ummm...
STOCK CARS

"But the GT-R is a big thing, with 477bhp to misuse, and it soon becomes clear that on the right sort of road, an Evo at full bore will have the upper hand over a GT-R at more like half."
Dude, you're making yourself look like a douche now and giving the rest of us Evo owners bad names.
blasian

I had a supercharged 350Z. And whats the point of having all that HP when you cant even use it or make your car go straight? Seems pointless to me doesnt it?
Were you even anywhere remotely close to the power Alberto is putting down? I've ridden in a SC Z and a TT Z near the same power level Alberto and its not even close.

Almost as pointless to blurt out your car will beat this car and you don't really have a clue
bboypuertoroc

So your answer is no then?
AroundMyHorn

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bboypuertoroc
So your answer is no then?
Old 04-04-2008, 12:18 PM
TIGHT-Z

How am i making myself look bad? cause there are 5 dudes in here ganging up on me? And you all mgiht think his car is so great, i dont. sorry. And who cares stock vs. stock, not like any of these cars will stay that way.

And BBOY, your going to say I give evo owners a bad name when berto and others have already stated that EVO owners are punks and thats why they would never drive one? So what does that make you? All i did was stick up for the evo, oh well, talk more trash if you want, lets hear it

Last edited by TIGHT-Z; 04-04-2008 at 12:27 PM.
Old 04-04-2008, 12:18 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

LMFAO Best thread in a while, almost out of work, Im sure in 1 hour this guy would have made himself look stupid 10 more times and misunderstood magazine quotes just as much!
Old 04-04-2008, 12:19 PM
blasian

Originally Posted by bboypuertoroc
Ummm...

Dude, you're making yourself look like a douche now and giving the rest of us Evo owners bad names.
He's confusing the hell out of me because one minute he seems to talk about 1/4 like its important (I guess it was when compared to the Z) and then he doesn't care for when I meant it with the GT-R
Old 04-04-2008, 12:24 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

LMAO-I saw your edited post! You want me to put up my car in a pinks race with you? Your comparing Ben's lighter car with more power to one run in my car?

Grow some nuts and do $hit on your own. Stop telling me about magazines I can read, dont compare my car to another I could care less, and dont challenge me to a pinks race when you cant drive, have a stock car, and have a lot to learn
Old 04-04-2008, 12:25 PM
bboypuertoroc

Originally Posted by Alberto
LMAO-I saw your edited post! You want me to put up my car in a pinks race with you? Your comparing Ben's lighter car with more power to one run in my car?

Grow some nuts and do $hit on your own. Stop telling me about magazines I can read, dont compare my car to another I could care less, and dont challenege me to a pinks race when you cant drive, have a stock car, and have a lot to learn
wat

Quick Reply: Sold my Z, got a new ride...