Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Which shop is best for my twin turbo install? FunctionTuned or AAM or ??

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 06:52 PM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by abui01
JWT 700bb TT built motor, installed + tuned by FT!
still can't believe you are still in one piece!
Old 04-08-2008, 10:52 PM
Nowell
National Z Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Could you imagine Frank and Dave together again, with Daves genius running the shop and Franks abilities, the insanity!
Old 04-08-2008, 11:23 PM
abui01

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Motormouth
still can't believe you are still in one piece!
that's because I shift before 2.5k rpms and always drive the speed limit
Old 04-09-2008, 04:06 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by Julian@MRC
I would tell you to come to MRC.. But out of the two, I would opt for Function Tuned over Altered..
Mike from Altrered sent me a PM, in regards to this comment, and I apparently offended him.I did not mean to offend him in any way, and that was not my intention..

Dave however has helped me out in the past and always been a pretty stand up guy and I feel more comfortable with him, and we have more in common,personally and professionally.

Altered does great work and I did not mean to discredit their work, but their "operation" has cause me some grief in the past with orders not getting filled in a timely manner or being forgotten to ship out to me, or WD pricing changing from day to day, order to order...This is the only negative thing I can personally say about them..And I appologize if I offended Mike, it was not meant to do so.

Dave was always more than willing to help a brother out and drop everything he was doing to do so..
This is the only reason i gave the thumbs up in this case..Otherwise they are both great, and reputable establishments.
Old 04-09-2008, 04:56 AM
bigslim350Z

Originally Posted by abui01
that's because I shift before 2.5k rpms and always drive the speed limit
but you forget to turn on your lights though.
Old 04-09-2008, 05:40 AM
DROPPEDIT2WCE
Banned

When you can get everything you desire for your build in one place, thats where you want to shop (the less vendors the better)
Old 04-09-2008, 05:45 AM
bsurdam
F-UR-ENZO

Mike from Altrered sent me a PM, in regards to this comment, and I apparently offended him.I did not mean to offend him in any way, and that was not my intention..

Dave however has helped me out in the past and always been a pretty stand up guy and I feel more comfortable with him, and we have more in common,personally and professionally.

Altered does great work and I did not mean to discredit their work, but their "operation" has cause me some grief in the past with orders not getting filled in a timely manner or being forgotten to ship out to me, or WD pricing changing from day to day, order to order...This is the only negative thing I can personally say about them..And I appologize if I offended Mike, it was not meant to do so.

Dave was always more than willing to help a brother out and drop everything he was doing to do so..
This is the only reason i gave the thumbs up in this case..Otherwise they are both great, and reputable establishments.
why should you be sorry, its your opinion nothing in that was offensive at all. if people cant hangle others opinions then sucks for them.
Old 04-09-2008, 06:34 AM
mdracer76
Banned

I vote to bring back the old Julian, you know.. the one that posts what he thinks with no regrets!
Old 04-09-2008, 06:44 AM
yizhao

I've personally seen at least 5 or 6 FI'd cars done by Dave@FT. That's why it will be a no brainer when I do mine (when i get enough money).
Old 04-09-2008, 06:45 AM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Originally Posted by yizhao
I've personally seen at least 5 or 6 FI'd cars done by Dave@FT. That's why it will be a no brainer when I do mine (when i get enough money).
More like when you're willing to spend that massive savings of yours

You cheap Chinese!!!!!! (wait.. I'm one too!)

Last edited by bb1314; 04-09-2008 at 06:52 AM.
Old 04-09-2008, 06:47 AM
yizhao

Originally Posted by bb1314
More like when you're willing to spending that massive savings of yours

dude, i got kids to feed and wives to support man!
Old 04-09-2008, 07:11 AM
Nowell
National Z Club

More like when you're willing to spend that massive savings of yours

Speaking of cheap, its pretty cheap that you had to bite my style on the avatar pic! Damn near the same location on the shop floor! Cheap stealin b**tard!

Now give me your works!
Old 04-09-2008, 07:19 AM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Originally Posted by Nowell
Speaking of cheap, its pretty cheap that you had to bite my style on the avatar pic! Damn near the same location on the shop floor! Cheap stealin b**tard!

Now give me your works!
NEVVERRRRRRRRRRRR!
Old 04-09-2008, 07:20 AM
r0csfinest

give them to me
Old 04-09-2008, 07:28 AM
Driven1
Professional

Altered does great work and I did not mean to discredit work, but their "operation" has cause me some grief in the past with orders not getting filled in a timely manner or being forgotten to ship out to me, or WD pricing changing from day to day, order to order...This is the only negative thing I can personally say about them..And I appologize if I offended Mike, it was not meant to do so.

Im sure I'll get reprimanded for this but...whatever. I have an issue with this.

God forbid you offend someone who has put at risk your reputation by not filling orders for YOUR customers or "Altering" (no pun intended, ) prices when Im sure you've already quoted your customer a price based on previous pricing....The funny thing is many of their own customers have had to deal with the same issues.

He made his own bed and is now offended when you voice your opinion on it? So you change it? To make him feel ok? Why?

Personally, I'd be offended that as another shop in the same industry he wouldn't afford me some respect and common courtesy and atleast fill my orders in a timely manner and give me a base price on parts that does NOT change from day to day. Your overall goals are the same...to make the customer happy...right?

I liked to old more straight forward and blunt Julian better.

The fact is MANY AAM threads have "disappeared" not giving the newer more inexperienced members the full benefit of seeing everything that has transpired.

It's sad that some are now VERY hesitant to post their own experiences for fear of a ban or having it locked and/or deleted for "rehashing"

To the OP...you can see the reputations for yourself in this thread alone. Do some research, ask around locally to other members here and get their opinions and their personal experiences.
Old 04-09-2008, 07:31 AM
Driven1
Professional

Originally Posted by yizhao
dude, i got kids to feed and wives to support man!
As in plural? Man I need to start hangin out with you.
Old 04-09-2008, 07:39 AM
bigslim350Z

Originally Posted by Nowell

Now give me your works!
hahahahha. very true
Old 04-09-2008, 07:50 AM
lek at ngc

Originally Posted by Driven1
Im sure I'll get reprimanded for this but...whatever. I have an issue with this.

God forbid you offend someone who has put at risk your reputation by not filling orders for YOUR customers or "Altering" (no pun intended, ) prices when Im sure you've already quoted your customer a price based on previous pricing....The funny thing is many of their own customers have had to deal with the same issues.

He made his own bed and is now offended when you voice your opinion on it? So you change it? To make him feel ok? Why?

Personally, I'd be offended that as another shop in the same industry he wouldn't afford me some respect and common courtesy and atleast fill my orders in a timely manner and give me a base price on parts that does NOT change from day to day. Your overall goals are the same...to make the customer happy...right?

I liked to old more straight forward and blunt Julian better.

The fact is MANY AAM threads have "disappeared" not giving the newer more inexperienced members the full benefit of seeing everything that has transpired.

It's sad that some are now VERY hesitant to post their own experiences for fear of a ban or having it locked and/or deleted for "rehashing"

To the OP...you can see the reputations for yourself in this thread alone. Do some research, ask around locally to other members here and get their opinions and their personal experiences.
the OP knows he needs to go with FT and I'm sure he's already decided that Dave is the only way to go from my convo with him. Thanks everyone for reiterating the same point I had made on Gdriver.

like i posted on the other forum... "the best deal anyone can give him is a peace of mind."

btw robbie... not everyone likes their chicken cooked rare...lol

Last edited by lek at ngc; 04-09-2008 at 08:31 AM.
Old 04-09-2008, 08:11 AM
yizhao

Originally Posted by Driven1
As in plural? Man I need to start hangin out with you.
haha. robbie, i'm sure u have no problems getting girls. what you should of said was i should start hangin out with you more : ).

btw, i fully concur with your previous statement. you will get respect when you show some respect.
Old 04-09-2008, 08:14 AM
Nowell
National Z Club

NEVVERRRRRRRRRRRR!
hooker

Quick Reply: Which shop is best for my twin turbo install? FunctionTuned or AAM or ??