Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Which shop is best for my twin turbo install? FunctionTuned or AAM or ??

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 09:02 AM
lek at ngc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by yizhao
haha. robbie, i'm sure u have no problems getting girls. what you should of said was i should start hangin out with you more : ).

btw, i fully concur with your previous statement. you will get respect when you show some respect.
ask robbie about how he was making it rain at the men's room in bridges... lol
Old 04-09-2008, 02:28 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I will say AAM does make some very high quality parts(i have a few)and that Frank is a damn good tech but i do personally know of some fuked up stuff that came out of that shop.I think Clint and the new crew are doing there best to correct it......and i think they have done a respectable job but it is hard to regain the trust of a region that has heard of the bad stories.
I hope the best for AAM but until we start hearing of success stories coming from them...........judgement is still out.
I have neither good or bad things to say as i have never done business with them except get some great parts and delivered very fast.
Old 04-09-2008, 03:22 PM
nanjingbabe

Originally Posted by lek at ngc
ask robbie about how he was making it rain at the men's room in bridges... lol
thats close to my house.. gross....>.<
Old 04-09-2008, 06:42 PM
SC 350Z

so far i have bought a couple things off of AAM and they worked great i just spoke to them bout doing a tune and some work on my car here in the near future i havent been on this forum long but like others had said check out both shops and go with what you think is best.
Old 04-21-2008, 09:37 AM
Ex2cinaZ
Destructo Girl

Dave ftw... he has a cute puppy.
Old 04-21-2008, 09:39 AM
nanjingbabe

Originally Posted by Ex2cinaZ
Dave ftw... he has a cute puppy.
tuna is not a puppy O.O
Old 04-21-2008, 09:50 AM
Ex2cinaZ
Destructo Girl

lol.. i know he's not a "puppy" all dogs are puppies to me
Old 04-21-2008, 02:51 PM
thefireboy

i would have to say that i have been dealing with AAM now for well quit awhile now,(i did my home work, i talked to several shops and read plenty of forums, and you know not everbody is perfect no shop has a clean record and everybody has their flaws everybody) i guess it started last july when i called and asked if they wanted to take on my project of having a G37TT.... and mike gladly accepted and we talked abit and then i dropped the car off in nov(when i came home from iraq and only drove it for a week)...... i will have to say its been a very long and bumpy road but it has been well worth the wait.... to have the quality of work done by Frank/alex in developing this TT kit.... they have developed parts and engineered parts that are so precise its not even funny...the piping and exhaust are awesome as well...they have managed to develope one of the only G37TT in the USA within 6 months of the car coming out and only having it for 4 of the 6 while doing other shop work.....the new crew you call them tring to turn AAM name around is doing an awesome job if you ask me even though its not easy(no matter how many doors you have to kick in) i will be dealing with them for quit some time and recomend them to anybody that is looking to get quility work done and get quility parts............... sometimes perfection and quality work cant be rushed
alright im done
thanks for all the hard work
clint your awesome

Last edited by thefireboy; 04-21-2008 at 02:54 PM.
Old 04-21-2008, 02:54 PM
Pun1sh3RZ

+1 but on a rev-up Z
Old 04-21-2008, 02:55 PM
Eric the Ricer
Banned

Originally Posted by Pun1sh3RZ
+1 but on a rev-up Z
youve been to Iraq?
Old 04-21-2008, 03:03 PM
.steeeeZ33.
@ J&D auto

yea but altered doesnt have a sick cul-de-sac.

win.
Old 04-21-2008, 03:28 PM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thefireboy
i would have to say that i have been dealing with AAM now for well quit awhile now,(i did my home work, i talked to several shops and read plenty of forums, and you know not everbody is perfect no shop has a clean record and everybody has their flaws everybody) i guess it started last july when i called and asked if they wanted to take on my project of having a G37TT.... and mike gladly accepted and we talked abit and then i dropped the car off in nov(when i came home from iraq and only drove it for a week)...... i will have to say its been a very long and bumpy road but it has been well worth the wait.... to have the quality of work done by Frank/alex in developing this TT kit.... they have developed parts and engineered parts that are so precise its not even funny...the piping and exhaust are awesome as well...they have managed to develope one of the only G37TT in the USA within 6 months of the car coming out and only having it for 4 of the 6 while doing other shop work.....the new crew you call them tring to turn AAM name around is doing an awesome job if you ask me even though its not easy(no matter how many doors you have to kick in) i will be dealing with them for quit some time and recomend them to anybody that is looking to get quility work done and get quility parts............... sometimes perfection and quality work cant be rushed
alright im done
clint your awesome
Hey Nick! Glad to see you finally joined my350z.com! This is Ethan with the broken down Z you picked up on I-270. I saw your ride at HIN, AAM sure is taking good care of your car
Old 04-21-2008, 03:40 PM
thefireboy

hey man whats been going on glade i could help you did they ge you all fixed up... yeah man they are taking really good care of it i am really pleased but still some stuff to be done though..... they said my 37 was the only one at the show let alone being a TT.... that is awesome i know everybody be haten...
Old 04-22-2008, 07:14 AM
mdracer76
Banned

Originally Posted by thefireboy
alright im done
clint your awesome

I'm glad they have not yet begun to shaft you.. and I hope that you do not get the shaft.. but.. you can't say later that we did not tell you so. ..

found these nuggets in about 10 seconds of googleing....

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/...Off0265122.htm

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/...Off0285081.htm
Old 04-22-2008, 07:19 AM
fairladyinit

^lol oh ****
Old 04-22-2008, 07:26 AM
lek at ngc

oh...daaaaaaaaaym
Old 04-22-2008, 07:38 AM
HKS-Z
Backroad Pro

Originally Posted by mdracer76
I'm glad they have not yet begun to shaft you.. and I hope that you do not get the shaft.. but.. you can't say later that we did not tell you so. ..

found these nuggets in about 10 seconds of googleing....

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/...Off0265122.htm

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/...Off0285081.htm
dum dum dum
Old 04-22-2008, 07:54 AM
.steeeeZ33.
@ J&D auto

i know a FC owner who furiously hates AAM as well..

my boy ricky's car is dead right now and it was towed to my shop and we tried everything to see why it wouldnt start and it has come to the conclusion that my father thinks it might have something to do with the computer.. and he has the AAM ECU REFLASH on there.... hmm..
Old 04-22-2008, 08:19 AM
r0csfinest

that was an interesting read
Old 04-22-2008, 10:49 AM
Gooey

Thats a very unprofessional pm....

Quick Reply: Which shop is best for my twin turbo install? FunctionTuned or AAM or ??