Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Upper Marlboro, MD?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008 | 01:55 PM
Eric the Ricer
Banned

Default Upper Marlboro, MD?

Wondering if any of you know this area at all? I am looking at a condo in the Villages of Marlboro. As some of you may know, my father got stationed in ATL, so needless to say, the family is moving and I'm out on my azz. I'm looking for somewhere close to Andrews, and this condo is 6.3 miles away!

So, any stories of this area? The quote from the guy was...
It's a very safe suburban neighborhood. Alot of police officers, professionals, and Andrew AFB civilians live in the development of Villages of Marlborough.
Old 04-08-2008 | 02:46 PM
.steeeeZ33.
@ J&D auto

sounds perfect.
Old 04-08-2008 | 02:59 PM
Eric the Ricer
Banned

Its not too bad, its a 900 sq ft, 1 bed 1 bath, with a balcony and a decent kitchen. BEST PART!!!! Personal GARAGE!!!!!
Old 04-08-2008 | 03:44 PM
sbZenth

i got lost in upper marlboro once. lol. seemed like a cool place. there are like 2000 different roads with the word marlboro in it though.
The one i remember was "Mt. Zion Marlboro Ave."
Old 04-08-2008 | 03:47 PM
Eric the Ricer
Banned

So it's not too bad huh? Hmmmm, exciting!
Old 04-08-2008 | 03:49 PM
sbZenth

no there were some nice houses there. except im not sure if i was in upper marlboro yet at the time, but i walked into a safeway, and the moment of me walking in and realizing that i was going to get shot and walking out was instantenous.
Just dont go into that Safeway. lol
Old 04-08-2008 | 04:34 PM
jeffie7

If you're looking at what I'm thinking of, I looked at them and that area is nice, its right next to a golf course, however.... anything outside of that area is total ****. Worst county in the state, only place I'd rather be less is in the crap areas of DC

If I was you I'd make a point to drive to bowie. I'd much rather drive 30 minutes to bowie then to live there.

Again the condos are nice, that area is nice but ONLY that area, go 1/4 mile in any direction and you're in for some fun.

Also keep in mind AFB is right off 495, outside of dealing with traffic you could easily go to Annapolis, Odenton (where I live) or even up near rockville where CarToys is and all the car boys hang out.

I for one would not think twice about NOT moving to upper Marlboro.

Another thing to make note of, my grandfathers house was just north of AFB. After he died I thought about buying his house and moving there. I got a quote for my car insurance and it was almost DOUBLE, I live 5 minutes from the PG county line and because I'm not in PG its near half the cost. That should give you an idea of just how wonderful PG is. And yes, that was a quote with a Garage.

Last edited by jeffie7; 04-08-2008 at 04:37 PM.
Old 04-08-2008 | 04:36 PM
sbZenth

Originally Posted by jeffie7
If you're looking at what I'm thinking of, I looked at them and that area is nice, its right next to a golf course, however.... anything outside of that area is total ****. Worst county in the state, only place I'd rather be less is in the crap areas of DC

If I was you I'd make a point to drive to bowie. I'd much rather drive 30 minutes to bowie then to live there.

Again the condos are nice, that area is nice but ONLY that area, go 1/4 mile in any direction and you're in for some fun.
thats exactly what happened to me there.
Old 04-08-2008 | 04:47 PM
Eric the Ricer
Banned

Also keep in mind AFB is right off 495, outside of dealing with traffic you could easily go to Annapolis, Odenton (where I live) or even up near rockville where CarToys is and all the car boys hang out.

I for one would not think twice about NOT moving to upper Marlboro.

Another thing to make note of, my grandfathers house was just north of AFB. After he died I thought about buying his house and moving there. I got a quote for my car insurance and it was almost DOUBLE, I live 5 minutes from the PG county line and because I'm not in PG its near half the cost. That should give you an idea of just how wonderful PG is. And yes, that was a quote with a Garage.
Thats what I was afraid of. God I hate being young and looking for a freakin place to live.
Old 04-08-2008 | 05:15 PM
Eric the Ricer
Banned

My god, my last quote from Geico was 227 a month for living in Alexandria. I just got quoted 438 a month in PG county....

I hate this place, I really, really do hate this place.
Old 04-08-2008 | 06:11 PM
MDHRZ

Originally Posted by Eric the Ricer
Wondering if any of you know this area at all? I am looking at a condo in the Villages of Marlboro. As some of you may know, my father got stationed in ATL, so needless to say, the family is moving and I'm out on my azz. I'm looking for somewhere close to Andrews, and this condo is 6.3 miles away!

So, any stories of this area? The quote from the guy was...
Be careful in the surrounding area man. PG County is not always the safest and is def going down hill. I work at Andrews also...

Edit...Also, let me mention the gun shots heard while exiting the Virgina gate at Andrews followed by a fleet of cop cars flying past me (sucks)... I'm also looking in NoVA (Alexandria area) and Annapolis...

Last edited by MDHRZ; 04-08-2008 at 06:17 PM.
Old 04-08-2008 | 06:16 PM
ASW

I'd avoid PG County IVO Andrews AFB like the plague. Like others have said, look into Bowie, Crofton, even northern Calvert County (Chesapeake Beach, North Beach, Dunkirk).
Old 04-08-2008 | 06:21 PM
MDHRZ

Originally Posted by ASW
I'd avoid PG County IVO Andrews AFB like the plague. Like others have said, look into Bowie, Crofton, even northern Calvert County (Chesapeake Beach, North Beach, Dunkirk).
Crofton is good...I know a couple who just moved there and love it..
Old 04-08-2008 | 06:21 PM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Eric, my aunt's family used to live there. They still have their business (a local bar) in Upper Marlboro. It's an alright area. Some parts are ghetto though.
Old 04-08-2008 | 07:01 PM
jeffie7

Originally Posted by bb1314
Some parts are ghetto though.
LOL some? upper marlboro is pretty small, the down town part of it (very small) isn't too ghetto but thats only because thats where the court house and police station is.

My advice is stay the F out of PG county. Think of all the crappy areas in DC getting pushed into MD, and you have PG.

Search Anna Arundel county for apartments.

Calvert doesn't really have much for apartments, north beach was a total ******** around 10 years ago but since then has had a lot of nice townhouses too bad theres not much as far as renting goes.

Just make a point to leave work, jump on 495 and get the hell outta there.
Old 04-08-2008 | 07:04 PM
bb1314
da Terminator!

LOL some? upper marlboro is pretty small, the down town part of it (very small) isn't too ghetto but thats only because thats where the court house and police station is.

My advice is stay the F out of PG county. Think of all the crappy areas in DC getting pushed into MD, and you have PG.

Search Anna Arundel county for apartments.

Calvert doesn't really have much for apartments, north beach was a total ******** around 10 years ago but since then has had a lot of nice townhouses too bad theres not much as far as renting goes.

Just make a point to leave work, jump on 495 and get the hell outta there.
LOL.. I was being nice. I grew up in Dundalk, MD (if you know where that is), so pretty much there's no area that's considered "bad area" for me.
Old 04-08-2008 | 07:09 PM
Akabir47

MOVE TO THE ATL! You wont be dissapointed.
Old 04-09-2008 | 02:33 AM
Eric the Ricer
Banned

Originally Posted by Akabir47
I would have in a HEART BEAT, but I had to make a decision, and my father didn't know his next move. As soon as I got put into the Command Post, he found out. I'd love to get the hell outta here....
Old 04-09-2008 | 10:41 AM
ill350

I agree with Jeffy7, I use to be a Probation Agent in PG County, and most of my offenders lived in Upper Marlboro........and the fact that my "clients" lived there really is'nt my point. My point is that I went to do home visits, holy ****, there are some "undesirable" parts of UM, I wouldnt leave my car or my girl outside. Find another area and deal with the commute!

One more point, if your looking to buy, as oppose to renting, the resale value would'nt be what you would like.
Old 04-09-2008 | 10:43 AM
NickRaine78

Originally Posted by Akabir47

wont have your car very long either!

Quick Reply: Upper Marlboro, MD?