Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.
View Poll Results: Which shop in the MidA (only!) would you trust to install a TT or supercharger
AAM
14.58%
Function Tuned
43.75%
Forged Performance
18.75%
MRC
4.69%
Vinny Ten
3.65%
Do it yourself, trust noone... is someone following me? !!!
14.58%
Voters: 192. You may not vote on this poll

Which shop To take your project to (poll for easy review)

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2008 | 05:09 AM
Clint@Altered
Banned

Originally Posted by BamBam
I kind of have to agree with Matt. When I was silly enough to have work done at AAM I sat and watched my friend and other guys constantly getting shafted via their paychecks.

I was there on more then 1 payday where 1/2 the shop got their checks and was aksing WTF, why is my check short a couple of $$$? IT would happen again and again, and yet, no offense to the guys working there at the time. They kept working there, they wanted the business to succeed. But it never changed. I was there the day 3 people all quit on the same day for this specific reason (Quang I was there that day).

I guess my last thing is why on the other thread where they post a job opening, could this not be posted. How is that off-topic? Seams to me that these boards are here to inform people, so they can make solid decisions. If former employees say they feel the company is not trust worthy.... Then unless the company wants to file s liable suit. It should stay there to keep people aware this is something they should know about before deciding to accept employment.
The same would be if we knew someone was a thief/scammer and they applied for a position at a company we know. We would not want that company hiring someone that could potentially steal from them.

That is all from me. Matt, Quang, I hope you guys get the money you were owed someday.
--Peace
We all know you were unhappy with your service. And it was unfortunate. I wish it could have gone differently. But I am going to say exactly what I said on another forum:

As to the employees who've brought up their past bad experiences, perhaps they are disgruntled. Lets leave it at: Their departure was not a result of putting in their "two weeks". Did it ever occur to you that their disgruntled dispositions might not have come entirely from the hands of AAM?
Old 09-26-2008 | 05:52 AM
Integrity
Banned

Originally Posted by Clint@Altered
We all know you were unhappy with your service. And it was unfortunate. I wish it could have gone differently. But I am going to say exactly what I said on another forum:

As to the employees who've brought up their past bad experiences, perhaps they are disgruntled. Lets leave it at: Their departure was not a result of putting in their "two weeks". Did it ever occur to you that their disgruntled dispositions might not have come entirely from the hands of AAM?
I'd like to comment on this, but perhaps I should change accounts first?
Old 09-26-2008 | 06:16 AM
Charles@here
Banned

There we go.

Obviously I can't speak for anyone else but myself, but I can assure you that I am not disgruntled. I worked for AAM for exactly 4 days. I started on a Saturday and by Thursday morning I went in and told Mike I was leaving. There were several things that lead to my decision, and yes one of them was money... but not for the same reasons as you might think. You see, I had been working for nearly a week and I had yet to fill out a W2. This seemed very odd to me, since every job I have ever had I filled out a W2 on the very first day. On the second day I was there, a guy named Dennis, who by the way was VERY disgruntled, came in to argue with Mike about where his last two paychecks were. Naturally, I immediately became concerned about my own financial status.

The "icing on the cake" if you will was some of the things that went on behind the customer's back. One incident that I clearly remember was how they treated a guy on here known as Laww. Laww had a Turbonetics single turbo kit that was installed at AAM, and the problem he was having was the kit rubbed through his A/C line. He had made arrangements to come in and have this fixed before leaving to make a drive from Maryland to Florida, something one wouldn't want to do without A/C. Promises were made, but parts were not ordered. Instead of telling the customer the ball was dropped, they simply ripped the parts out of another customer's car to install onto his. Not only did I think this was unethical, but the fact that they charged Laww for a new A/C line was ridiculous. Not wanting to be apart of a shop that worked in this manor, and not being sure if I was going to be paid to do so, I opted to quit.

I never received any compensation for my few days there, other then a discount on a set of headers, and I didn't want any. I left abruptly so that I could get my old job back, which I did. I'm not disgruntled with AAM in anyway, but I certainly didn't want to be a part of AAM.
Old 09-26-2008 | 08:56 AM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?
Premier Member

MDracer76 got banned for this?
Old 09-26-2008 | 09:01 AM
VO...
Administrator

Originally Posted by Hraesvelg
MDracer76 got banned for this?
No, not specifically for this thread...
Old 09-26-2008 | 09:45 AM
r0csfinest

Exactly. Excuses by aam are too funny. All these former employees and customers have all these complaints yet they have some bs excuse lmao

Originally Posted by Charles@here
There we go.

Obviously I can't speak for anyone else but myself, but I can assure you that I am not disgruntled. I worked for AAM for exactly 4 days. I started on a Saturday and by Thursday morning I went in and told Mike I was leaving. There were several things that lead to my decision, and yes one of them was money... but not for the same reasons as you might think. You see, I had been working for nearly a week and I had yet to fill out a W2. This seemed very odd to me, since every job I have ever had I filled out a W2 on the very first day. On the second day I was there, a guy named Dennis, who by the way was VERY disgruntled, came in to argue with Mike about where his last two paychecks were. Naturally, I immediately became concerned about my own financial status.

The "icing on the cake" if you will was some of the things that went on behind the customer's back. One incident that I clearly remember was how they treated a guy on here known as Laww. Laww had a Turbonetics single turbo kit that was installed at AAM, and the problem he was having was the kit rubbed through his A/C line. He had made arrangements to come in and have this fixed before leaving to make a drive from Maryland to Florida, something one wouldn't want to do without A/C. Promises were made, but parts were not ordered. Instead of telling the customer the ball was dropped, they simply ripped the parts out of another customer's car to install onto his. Not only did I think this was unethical, but the fact that they charged Laww for a new A/C line was ridiculous. Not wanting to be apart of a shop that worked in this manor, and not being sure if I was going to be paid to do so, I opted to quit.

I never received any compensation for my few days there, other then a discount on a set of headers, and I didn't want any. I left abruptly so that I could get my old job back, which I did. I'm not disgruntled with AAM in anyway, but I certainly didn't want to be a part of AAM.
Old 09-26-2008 | 09:47 AM
.steeeeZ33.
@ J&D auto

no mike got banned cuz he likes to speak his mind on a public car forum.

Old 09-26-2008 | 11:51 AM
ZRuggernDC

We were discussing this at lunch today... Interesting to know why the dude got banned. Almost like a daytime soap. Yet, no emmy.....
It's a D-List soap, obviously.
Old 09-26-2008 | 12:26 PM
Clint@Altered
Banned

Originally Posted by r0csfinest
Exactly. Excuses by aam are too funny. All these former employees and customers have all these complaints yet they have some bs excuse lmao

"ALL these employees and customers". You mean three employees over 10 years - all of which aren't here and left for various reasons ranging from unprofessionalism, theft to poor performance.

ALL of our customers? - the thousands in our data base we've serviced over the last 10+ years? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think your suggesting that the one you created to cause drama and the same three MDracer76 continued to dredge up and cry about over and over again constitute our customer basis?
Old 09-26-2008 | 01:39 PM
r0csfinest

There's more than three employees and customers. Go to the 3000gt community and start a thread about aam and tell mE how that ends...
Old 09-26-2008 | 02:03 PM
matt240sx

"ALL these employees and customers". You mean three employees over 10 years - all of which aren't here and left for various reasons ranging from unprofessionalism, theft to poor performance.
ALL of our customers? - the thousands in our data base we've serviced over the last 10+ years? (how many repeat cusotmers?)Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think your suggesting that the one you created to cause drama and the same three MDracer76 continued to dredge up and cry about over and over again constitute our customer basis?
I wouldn't call myself unprofessional and I never stole anything and I believe my performance was good so which am I?? When I was way more then three people got screwed. I know 5 people (d*ve 1 & 2, JP, S*m, T*m) in the 6 months I was their that got the shaft in one way or another. Most just don't post on here. LIke I said on ***********, I never have said anything about AAM other then missing pay (and I know plenty) and I've never went into any reason's why I left out of respect for AAM because I THOUGHT that would be unprofessional and now I got to hear this Clint?? I just want my MONEY and I don't care if MY350Z bans me!!!
Old 09-26-2008 | 02:12 PM
Eric the Ricer
Banned

Originally Posted by matt240sx
I wouldn't call myself unprofessional and I never stole anything and I believe my performance was good so which am I?? When I was way more then three people got screwed. I know 5 people (d*ve 1 & 2, JP, S*m, T*m) in the 6 months I was their that got the shaft in one way or another. Most just don't post on here. LIke I said on ***********, I never have said anything about AAM other then missing pay (and I know plenty) and I've never went into any reason's why I left out of respect for AAM because I THOUGHT that would be unprofessional and now I got to hear this Clint?? I just want my MONEY and I don't care if MY350Z bans me!!!
Seems like thats a lot more than 3 people in 10 years. Ironic he keeps saying "get your facts straight" when it seems he doesn't have his straight?

Seen strictly from one that doesn't really care. (me)
Old 09-26-2008 | 05:14 PM
Integrity
Banned

I like how they changed my old screen name. Charles@here? I wonder if they could change MDracer's screen name to Mike@not here? That would be too funny.

Here's a thread I created back on 7/9/2005. Just so there's no confusion, Charles@here used to be Charles@AAM up until today.
Old 09-26-2008 | 08:59 PM
toddrs93

Originally Posted by Charles@here
There we go.

HA, I remember that car! It said LAWW Z or somethin like that on the license plate. Dan worked on it.

I also am another former AAM employee. I worked there over a year about 3 years ago and I can corroborate everything everyone said. I finally got fed up and left, and Dan followed shortly there after.

Anyway theres alot of contributing factors it seems.
Mike himself is a good guy, as is Randy. Just no one ever wanted to take the helm and run things, too much going on all the time, no organization. Its a shame because it was one of the best shops on this side of the country and could be again if they can get it together.
Old 09-29-2008 | 10:29 AM
UMW350Z

FWIW and not AAM related....

MRC built my car and I would NOT recommend them for ANYTHING. BTW I am banned from MRC (aka not allowed to bring my car there).
Old 09-29-2008 | 10:43 AM
4SHIZZIL

I cant go to any more strip clubs...

marraige banned me from there...

although I never went in the first place.... thats like going to the mall with no money. If i see it and want it...I want to be able to take it home..why get all excited for nothing.

my two cents....on but yet so off topic.
Old 09-30-2008 | 06:11 AM
Ex2cinaZ
Destructo Girl

Not to be the nut hugger in the thread, and I understand that some people have had very poor experiences with aam... I've always had great timely service there- the one problem I did have (leaking test pipe) was corrected without hesitation on the spot, without mention of being charged for it. Mike and Clint have always been very helpful to me, answered all of my questions and been up front.
Old 09-30-2008 | 09:53 AM
.steeeeZ33.
@ J&D auto

FREE MIKE D!

my name is mike d and im the peoples choice.. come stand next to me like im a rolls royce.
Old 09-30-2008 | 03:14 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Originally Posted by .steeeeZ33.
FREE MIKE D!

my name is mike d and im the peoples choice.. come stand next to me like im a rolls royce.
^^WTF is this supposed to mean.
Old 09-30-2008 | 03:21 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

At one time i offered Mike my services as the service manager even though it was a long drive and i know i can run a service department.I have been in the auto business for 32 years as either a tech or service manager.

I can assure you if i was running that shop it would be totally different.You would not have pissed off customers and sh!tty work coming out of the shop as i would not stand for it.I have allways held my techs accountable for there work and i would see no difference at this shop either.

I am really sick and tired of all the bs about this shop.......i know Frank has left but trust me there are lots of great techs out there.Just give them a chance......all that needs to be done is to have the place run properly.

Quick Reply: Which shop To take your project to (poll for easy review)