Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

going to court for not having front license plate

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 08:16 AM
yizhao

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default going to court for not having front license plate

So I have a court date in a couple of weeks for not having a front license plate on my car. The cop told me to either bring a photo of my car with a license plate or just pay the 60 bucks.

Anyone been in this situation before? I heard if I take the plate off and get caught again, I will be in big trouble, dont know if thats accurate. ANY advice is appreciated!
Old 05-19-2008, 08:20 AM
Integrity
Banned

I've never heard of going to court over a something that's not a moving violation. The license plate thing is a like a fix it ticket, you pay the fine either way, whether you fixt it or not. I could be wrong though.
Old 05-19-2008, 08:25 AM
yizhao

Originally Posted by Integrity
I've never heard of going to court over a something that's not a moving violation. The license plate thing is a like a fix it ticket, you pay the fine either way, whether you fixt it or not. I could be wrong though.
i feel like he was just trying to give me a hard time, cause my car is so much nicer than his ride (he even said, he likes to mod cars too and "you can just pay the $60 instead of going to court"). He probably thinkings $60 is not worth going to court for, but he must not have taken into consideration that i'm asian and i'm cheap as hell...
Old 05-19-2008, 08:25 AM
HKS-Z
Backroad Pro

Originally Posted by Integrity
your right-you can take it to court-but then you would just look stupid unless you can prove there was a plate on the front and the cop is blind zipp ties ftw!
Old 05-19-2008, 08:36 AM
bigslim350Z

Originally Posted by yizhao
So I have a court date in a couple of weeks for not having a front license plate on my car. The cop told me to either bring a photo of my car with a license plate or just pay the 60 bucks.

Anyone been in this situation before? I heard if I take the plate off and get caught again, I will be in big trouble, dont know if thats accurate. ANY advice is appreciated!
Just have Abui01 photoshop a front plate on your car. Too bad no one ninja snapped a picture of your car while you were getting pulled over. then you could photoshop that picture and "add" a front plate.
Old 05-19-2008, 08:52 AM
Eric the Ricer
Banned

Take the picture, and take it in, most of the time it will be dismissed when they see you fixed it. That’s the same ticket I have with my exhaust for being "illegal", I put my stock one back on, take a picture, and get a mechanic to sign off on it (no idea how that works) saying its back to stock, then I take it to court and he dismisses the ticket.
Old 05-19-2008, 09:09 AM
FORZWIN

Originally Posted by Eric the Ricer
Take the picture, and take it in, most of the time it will be dismissed when they see you fixed it. That’s the same ticket I have with my exhaust for being "illegal", I put my stock one back on, take a picture, and get a mechanic to sign off on it (no idea how that works) saying its back to stock, then I take it to court and he dismisses the ticket.
Usually if you fix the problem and provide proof, than they will dismiss the ticket. Although if you have a history for this, things can be different.

I've always had the trooper/officer/deputy inspect my car per the request of the judge. Never heard of providing a picture...that just seems too easy...
Old 05-19-2008, 09:28 AM
yizhao

well, i guess i'll just bring a pic and see what happens...will keep u guys updated...
Old 05-19-2008, 09:44 AM
Eric the Ricer
Banned

Originally Posted by yizhao
well, i guess i'll just bring a pic and see what happens...will keep u guys updated...
Put your front plate on!
Old 05-19-2008, 09:49 AM
yizhao

Originally Posted by Eric the Ricer
Put your front plate on!
nooo, its so ugly with it on... i'll be taking my daily driver to court ofcourse
Old 05-19-2008, 10:03 AM
ZIABLO
I am Batman

it depends on the judge. i got one where a cop told me to fix it and 9/10 a judge will drop it. but he said it would be dropped. i ended up getting delayed til after lunch, when they switched from nice lady judge who SAID "We're not here to collect money. We want you to be safe, and if you show us that it's fixed, we'll drop the case" to the OLD ******y *** judge who gave me all my finesminus 10 dollars (also had an "altered suspension" ticket)! What a waste of 5 hours of my life.