Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Tuner in Baltimore

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 01:27 PM
Pun1sh3RZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

pit beef next to club nice
Old 06-19-2008, 01:49 PM
matt240sx

Originally Posted by DROPPEDIT2WCE

instant gratification when the pedal is pushed, gotta love N/A

Corey,

I hope all goes well! can't wait to hear the numbers bro! If I had some time off I'd swing by and check out the G myself since it's so close to home/work.

There's a few gentlemans clubs nearby to kill time (if they open that early...)

Crazy russian... ehhh ok I geuss
Gentlemans Gold Club.... YES PLEASE! oh and get a pit beef sandwich from the stand outside they are excellent (seriously)

anyone that is a man can give you quick directions LOL!
Gentlemans Gold Club FTW!!!
Old 06-19-2008, 03:40 PM
ajcool2

I've driven pass that club a few times may have to try it out one day.
Old 06-24-2008, 05:28 PM
4SHIZZIL

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Update!!

I call up the shop because I was thinking about dropping some injectors into the whip before I get the Unichip Vortech setup tuned....

The Unichip doesnt control injectors so I was like...hmmm what size can I use with the stock ECU to provide decent fuel without being controlled via piggy back.

So i call JE Import Performance prior to driving up to Harrisonburg PA to pick up some RC550's.

Monday: Tech Jay says, I dont know man, you may not need them, before you waist some money talk to James on Tuesday..
Tuesday: James says...dont waist your money, you wont need them on stock psi levels.

Also when I called to see about tuning and expected numbers...they told me not to worry about the numbers....we dont tune people/cars who are number chasers...

"thats exactly what I was looking for!!!"

Downtime is never an option for me and my G. I have 900 miles on the Vortech kit in like 2 weeks ( I dont drive to work), and thats shifting under 4500 RPMs...

I am inlove with this shop because they seem to care more about my car's health than their pockets or impressive but, unsafe numbers...I was going to buy the used RC550's but I was going to pay them to install them....

JE Import Performance FTW!

Tune on Thursday 11am!

Last edited by 4SHIZZIL; 06-24-2008 at 05:43 PM.
Old 06-24-2008, 05:33 PM
4SHIZZIL

Originally Posted by superchargedg
Hey Corey since i am off on thursday i might just meet you there.
That would be awesome...

I think MISTRESS will be there also!

and Ghost350 in that White G with Volks

Last edited by 4SHIZZIL; 06-24-2008 at 05:40 PM.
Old 06-25-2008, 06:33 AM
4SHIZZIL

I smell a thursday afternoon meet at JE IP coming up!?
Old 06-25-2008, 01:13 PM
Pun1sh3RZ

Guess I got lucky before I calmed down

edit - glad Corey found what he was looking for!!
Old 06-25-2008, 01:13 PM
Integrity
Banned

Originally Posted by REDRCKT
This is DROPPEDIT2WCE

I am banned for reccomending this shop, and responding to a post where people were looking for a specific item. (definately not spamming, you may want to get a e-dictionary LMFAO)

I have had top-notch service from these guys and the moderators say that its violating thier terms of use for making a reccomendation.

also I had a JE "link" in my sig, they took it out. I put JE back with no link so they banned me for 30 days.

my gripe is.....

people have "work" "volk" "strup" so on and so forth in thier sig and its perfectly fine!!!! those companies are not site sponsors either but they offer good products that we are happy with so we advertise them.

Corey, good luck!! I will try to swing by tomorrow afternoon!!

LIFT THE BAN SUCKERS I DID NOTHING WRONG

-Ryan

PS Chris with the S2k from the whitemarsh meet (this is his SN) says what up playa!

They've also deleted all of your posts from this thread. WTF is wrong with these people?
Old 06-25-2008, 02:09 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

See you tomorrow Corey and getting banned for rec a shop i think is bullsh!t.I do think there must have been something more for a 30 day ban though.
Old 06-25-2008, 02:11 PM
Pun1sh3RZ

yeah 30 day... had to **** someone off man
Old 06-26-2008, 04:12 AM
4SHIZZIL

I did ask for help... I also said if it was a negative reply...PM me.

I am really confused...can a staff or moderator explain the violation so this is not repeated in the future?

thanks!

Ahhh....

Maybe it was because he posted labor rates!!!???

Last edited by 4SHIZZIL; 06-26-2008 at 04:42 AM.
Old 06-26-2008, 04:17 AM
4SHIZZIL

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by superchargedg
See you tomorrow Corey and getting banned for rec a shop i think is bullsh!t.I do think there must have been something more for a 30 day ban though.
11am show time for the G ride!
Old 06-26-2008, 05:05 AM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Originally Posted by 4SHIZZIL
11am show time for the G ride!
See you there.
Old 06-26-2008, 07:51 AM
mdracer76
Banned

Originally Posted by REDRCKT
This is DROPPEDIT2WCE

I am banned for reccomending this shop, and responding to a post where people were looking for a specific item. (definately not spamming, you may want to get a e-dictionary LMFAO)

I have had top-notch service from these guys and the moderators say that its violating thier terms of use for making a reccomendation.

also I had a JE "link" in my sig, they took it out. I put JE back with no link so they banned me for 30 days.

my gripe is.....

people have "work" "volk" "strup" so on and so forth in thier sig and its perfectly fine!!!! those companies are not site sponsors either but they offer good products that we are happy with so we advertise them.

Corey, good luck!! I will try to swing by tomorrow afternoon!!

LIFT THE BAN SUCKERS I DID NOTHING WRONG

-Ryan

PS Chris with the S2k from the whitemarsh meet (this is his SN) says what up playa!
Wow.. thats very draconian if it is true.

I do think that you should ask JE to be a site sponsor, as Maryland has a lack of reputable shops / tuners.

Best of luck on this Ryan!
Old 06-26-2008, 08:04 AM
Pun1sh3RZ

yeah but 30 days for labor rate...
Old 06-26-2008, 02:15 PM
4SHIZZIL

Thumbs up JE Import Performance FTW!

Let me start by saying there is absolutely no-one who has the care and class that I have just experienced from JEIP!

Customer for life!

Today:
Arrive@1115 for my 11am appointment. I was so mad that I was late. The reason being is because I keep getting Cat Conv lights....reset from my favorite maintenance shop American Lube on route 50 (seven corners).

Because I am who I am, I couldnt resist hitting the air fuel limit on my base tune (dyno tested and warned) 5K rpms....air fuels exceeds 14

Bing! The SES light back on...so now I was late for nothing..lol well i had to stop for gas in DC also.

I arrive, drop off the keys, car goes in the shop.

James comes out and gives me and SUPERG a tour of the place.. yes the man, the myth, the legend SUPERG! came out to support my new found boost. Thumbs up to him and thanks for the advise, support, and leadership throughout the years man.

After we droll over the LS stuffed in the 350z we head inside only to droll over many carbon fiber pieces...it was like we were stuck in a glass house (hold comments MDRACER/ERIC) lol.

Car gets on the dyno and James comes out with a puzzle look...OK, What now I think in my head?

Hey man just wanted to know if you have anything wierd or abnormal going on with your car before I fire it up? I explain the multiple check engine lights, new motor due to oil consumption, HF Cats, etc and he says Ok, then proceeds to the fire up the beast!

Errrrrrrrhhhhhh Tshhhhhhhh.....

Car runs out of fuel at around 5K RPMS... Which I knew from a previous dyno (in Richmond, Va)... My thoughts, its not tuned past a certain rpm... James says it should have a base map all the way through the RPM range...

James say, hey man that intake down pipe is rubbing against the manifold...its going to break through and shot debri into you engine..thats bad mojo...
I say well if we get time and if you have time we will knock that out while we are at it.

Let me check a few things out says James...

Super G and I head to BK to grab a big burgers with lots of bacon...ummm ummm!

When we get back:

He (James) had hooked up more equipment to the G than I had on me after I broke my back in 4 places with two collasped lunngs...!!! OMG it looked like an Emergency Room in there...as Super and I look through the glass window!

James says " I found the issue..you have a serious vacum leak because one of the lines wasnt hook up.

I say "like it came off hooked up, or never been on hooked up?"

He says...never was on hooked up...
DOH! I guess thats my fault I say...lol

Also your fuel pump wires are all fudged up...we will rewire them also...that Unichip looks wierd with that set up...let me verify things with Vortech to ensure its all right as well...
I like cool, but my wife is going to kill me when she sees this bill!
Who installed this? I hold my head up and say.."I did!" lol

Errrrrrrrrhhhh Tsssshhhhhhhh....

I think that was it...
That was 386 but only 7psi! You still have some sort of a leak....:eek:

tweak tweak...

idle...

idle...

They I hear drills going on like a NASCAR pit crew....

James comes out with the bill and explains each item that he fixed...

Cut the intake and shortened half an inch..rewelded..installed.
New cupling
New hose clamp
Two people working on X half hr each
Twp people work on Y 1/2 each

Total price....still way less than I expected to pay just for a tune at the usual spots!

The bill was so fair and impressive..I gave him all the cash I had in my pocket and told him lunch was on me...:icon38:

Ohh wait, I never ask what it put down?

He smiles and says at 8psi it put down 388 to the wheels at 6700PRM with 311 TQ at the same RPM. These are hub locked dyna packed numbers folks..

mod list for 2005 G35 Coupe:
RevUp Vortech kit
APS Tall Boy Plenum
HF Cats
Stock midpipe
Stock muffler
UniChip ECU
Stock injectors
Stock temp spark plugs
Pensoil Platinum Full Syn Oil

Air Fuels are a constantly between 11.7 and 12.1 all the way through the RPM range once boost hits at 2500RPMs!

Even though I got my wheels, tools, screws, bolts stolen...this by far was the cheapest most effecient boost I have ever seen for under $4000 dollars! Kit was used...slightly...but used!

Car gains 88 to the wheels from 4800 RPMS to 6700 RPMS! Average of 75 to the wheels each 1000 RPM from 2K to Redline!

I am so greatful that everything worked out for my and this long quest to build a safe yet fun car...

Thanks to:
My wife for being so cool in all this car drama
My350z for this springboard
The entire MidA crew:
specifically, but in no order....lol
TENGAI
IBKARLITO
SuperG
Ghost350
Frank @AAM
Mike @AAM
Dave@Function
DJParis
MDRacer
BSURDAM
Eric
Dutchboy
DroppedIT-twizzie
Noah
Brent BAM BAM Bigalo!
Albeezie

and I am sure there are a few others....but I need to go and drive!

Last edited by 4SHIZZIL; 06-26-2008 at 02:24 PM.
Old 06-26-2008, 02:28 PM
PolarBearppw
Just a radiator

Grats on the numbers that is some really nice power. I'd love to check it out tonight if you're gonna be around NoVa.
<----The guy who you met at the meet right by your house last year. Had to change my SN because I forgot my other SN's password. :P
Old 06-26-2008, 02:34 PM
ibkarlito

Originally Posted by 4SHIZZIL
Let me start by saying there is absolutely no-one who has the care and class that I have just experienced from JEIP!

Customer for life!

Today:
Arrive@1115 for my 11am appointment. I was so mad that I was late. The reason being is because I keep getting Cat Conv lights....reset from my favorite maintenance shop American Lube on route 50 (seven corners).

Because I am who I am, I couldnt resist hitting the air fuel limit on my base tune (dyno tested and warned) 5K rpms....air fuels exceeds 14

Bing! The SES light back on...so now I was late for nothing..lol well i had to stop for gas in DC also.

I arrive, drop off the keys, car goes in the shop.

James comes out and gives me and SUPERG a tour of the place.. yes the man, the myth, the legend SUPERG! came out to support my new found boost. Thumbs up to him and thanks for the advise, support, and leadership throughout the years man.

After we droll over the LS stuffed in the 350z we head inside only to droll over many carbon fiber pieces...it was like we were stuck in a glass house (hold comments MDRACER/ERIC) lol.

Car gets on the dyno and James comes out with a puzzle look...OK, What now I think in my head?

Hey man just wanted to know if you have anything wierd or abnormal going on with your car before I fire it up? I explain the multiple check engine lights, new motor due to oil consumption, HF Cats, etc and he says Ok, then proceeds to the fire up the beast!

Car runs out of fuel at around 5K RPMS... Which I knew from a previous dyno (in Richmond, Va)... My thoughts, its not tuned past a certain rpm... James says it should have a base map all the way through the RPM range...

James say, hey man that intake down pipe is rubbing against the manifold...its going to break through and shot debri into you engine..thats bad mojo...
I say well if we get time and if you have time we will knock that out while we are at it.

Let me check a few things out says James...

Super G and I head to BK to grab a big burgers with lots of bacon...ummm ummm!

When we get back:

He (James) had hooked up more equipment to the G than I had on me after I broke my back in 4 places with two collasped lunngs...!!! OMG it looked like an Emergency Room in there...as Super and I look through the glass window!

James says " I found the issue..you have a serious vacum leak because one of the lines wasnt hook up.

I say "like it came off hooked up, or never been on hooked up?"

He says...never was on hooked up...
DOH! I guess thats my fault I say...lol

Also your fuel pump wires are all fudged up...we will rewire them also...that Unichip looks wierd with that set up...let me verify things with Vortech to ensure its all right as well...
I like cool, but my wife is going to kill me when she sees this bill!
Who installed this? I hold my head up and say.."I did!" lol

Errrrrrrrrhhhh Tsssshhhhhhhh....

I think that was it...
That was 386 but only 7psi! You still have some sort of a leak....:eek:

tweak tweak...

idle...

idle...

They I hear drills going on like a NASCAR pit crew....

James comes out with the bill and explains each item that he fixed...

Cut the intake and shortened half an inch..rewelded..installed.
New cupling
New hose clamp
Two people working on X half hr each
Twp people work on Y 1/2 each

Total price....still way less than I expected to pay just for a tune at the usual spots!

The bill was so fair and impressive..I gave him all the cash I had in my pocket and told him lunch was on me...:icon38:

Ohh wait, I never ask what it put down?

He smiles and says at 8psi it put down 388 to the wheels at 6700PRM with 311 TQ at the same RPM. These are hub locked dyna packed numbers folks..

mod list for 2005 G35 Coupe:
RevUp Vortech kit
APS Tall Boy Plenum
HF Cats
Stock midpipe
Stock muffler
UniChip ECU
Stock injectors
Stock temp spark plugs
Pensoil Platinum Full Syn Oil

Air Fuels are a constantly between 11.7 and 12.1 all the way through the RPM range once boost hits at 2500RPMs!

Even though I got my wheels, tools, screws, bolts stolen...this by far was the cheapest most effecient boost I have ever seen for under $4000 dollars! Kit was used...slightly...but used!

Car gains 88 to the wheels from 4800 RPMS to 6700 RPMS! Average of 75 to the wheels each 1000 RPM from 2K to Redline!

I am so greatful that everything worked out for my and this long quest to build a safe yet fun car...

Thanks to:
My wife for being so cool in all this car drama
My350z for this springboard
The entire MidA crew:
specifically, but in no order....lol
TENGAI
IBKARLITO
SuperG
Ghost350
Frank @AAM
Mike @AAM
Dave@Function
DJParis
MDRacer
BSURDAM
Eric
Dutchboy
DroppedIT-twizzie
Noah
Brent BAM BAM Bigalo!
Albeezie

and I am sure there are a few others....but I need to go and drive!
I always make sure I grab a drink and something to snack on BEFORE I sit down and read your posts.........always entertaining -

Bro - I'm so happy for you. It's been a rough journey for you - well worth the wait. Your car sounds nasty - Cant wait to do some twisties! Take care of her and be safe out there!

Karl

Old 06-26-2008, 02:34 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Well Corey i thought you would hit over 400 but that is still killer and the look on your face when he said you hit 385rwhp on the first run was priceless.Im glad i was able to be there for a few hours and i wish i could have stayed the whole time but i had stuff to do.
Btw how was the ride home................i bet it felt better knowing that James at JE import performance tuned that unichip.I do know ill probably be banned for that statement.

Last edited by superchargedg; 06-26-2008 at 02:38 PM.
Old 06-26-2008, 03:10 PM
mdracer76
Banned

Congrats C!!!

Quick Reply: Tuner in Baltimore