Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Reckless Driving Ticket, please give some idea

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 11:47 AM
GT-RDreamz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ZRuggernDC
Fairfax county ftl.
So painfully true. The Fairfax courts are brutal.
Old 01-22-2009, 12:09 PM
nizzy350

my buddy got one and it was 2500 bucks.
He was like 50 over.

He may have been lying, cuz i never saw it.
Old 01-22-2009, 12:12 PM
abui01

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by langtubip
just go to court, pay for your ticket, live with it, and drive careful next time. i was charged with wreckless driving in the parking lot a year ago. paid $250 for it, wreckless driving on my record, insurance went from $700 to $1400.
So you're suggesting the OP go to court, admit guilt, "pay for it" which means $300+ bucks... and possibly have his insurance double and get 6 points on his license? So all in all... he'd eventually pay close to 1k when it's all over, have zero fighting chance by blatently admitting it, get 6 bad driving points, and have insurance rates soar for the next few years totaling around 2-4k EXTRA down the line? HmMm.. wouldn't it be better to perhaps play it on the safer side, get a lawyer for 1k and get it reduced to speeding (4 pts instead of 6) and save 3-4 grand on the next few years from insurance increases?

Admitting guilt and not doing anything about it seems like the "i give up so bend me over and take a few thrusts" way or for someone who doesn't know how to battle the legal system
Old 01-22-2009, 12:53 PM
KAT_Ayanami

just go to court, pay for your ticket, live with it, and drive careful next time. i was charged with wreckless driving in the parking lot a year ago. paid $250 for it, wreckless driving on my record, insurance went from $700 to $1400.
$700 for a single mistake i guess thats life. i was drunk that night too but the cop only gave me wreckless, and i had 3 others in my passenger seat

First you act all arrogant and tell him to pay and learn for next time and then you talk you you were unlucky by getting a ticket that didnt even include that you were drunk???

Drunk drivers FTL!!!! Too bad you didnt loose your license I would say!
Old 01-22-2009, 09:32 PM
GZdriver

if you can get lawyer for around 600 then do it, im sure he can negotiate with prosecutor to reduce the charge to speeding, lawyer can also reduce your fine. Think about it and decide what you want. when all things are done in court, you're looking to pay around 300-400 another 200 investment will get reckless off the record and trust me its good investment. you really dont have bad record in the eye of the judge and DA, if u get another one within 6-7years, you're looking at suspension. i know a good lawyer that might be able help you and possibly a payment plan, your case wont cost near 1000 bec. of your record, its an easy negotiation between the lawyer and prosecutor, you might get lucky enough to get it reduced to improper driving with the speed variance and your excuse. from my experience, reckless is really bad for your record, you can just pay for it save couple of hundred or let it haunt you in the next few years, even if you say that you'll drive carefully, anything can happen, getting reckless aren't just for speeding, va is retarded specially fairfax! goodluck! let me know if u need the #
Old 01-23-2009, 01:56 PM
Jose2008Z

You don't need a lawyer. Your good driving record should be enough to either
1. get the points taken off and you pay the ticket in full
2. or maybe get off with a warning if you have a nice judge. It's VA though so this probably won't be the case.

If I were you I'd go to court...first and foremost admit your guilt, then explain your story, and finally ask for option one.
Old 01-23-2009, 01:57 PM
Jose2008Z

You don't need a lawyer. Your good driving record should be enough to either
1. get the points taken off and you pay the ticket in full
2. or maybe get off with a warning if you have a nice judge. It's VA though so this probably won't be the case.

If I were you I'd go to court...first and foremost admit your guilt, then explain your story, and finally ask if you could just pay the ticket and court costs, but drop the points.
Old 01-23-2009, 02:10 PM
JE_JOE

why don't you use this link displayed right in the forum?? a DIP is always a good choice but you can only do one per year I think.

http://www.dwifairfaxlawyer.com/?gcl...FQEpGgod_jeUnA

^plenty of info. on here too

get a lawyer, high hopes dont do much in the court room... FFCO FTL!!

Last edited by JE_JOE; 01-23-2009 at 02:13 PM.