Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Altered Atmosphere '09 KickOff Meet & Welcoming Party

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 02:19 PM
350Ricky
I like Rice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I care what mike says...
Old 02-02-2009, 02:49 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Merlyn
at you being a complete ****ing moron...

Just go away, you have never had anything nice to say about AAM. Obviously you and your friends had a bad experience and care to share it with the world, even though most people don't care nor seem to hold interest into what you say.

Obviously they are doing something right since they are still in business during this tough time.

It just amazes me because you really don't know anything. Maybe some of the locals look to you for "advice" or "opinions" but in reality you consider doing donuts drifting... you spin around in a circle and think you are drifting.. you take you car to a shop to have bolt-ons installed... I mean jesus christ dude... you are a 32 year old loser with a some what decent car that has some not so decent modifications on it thinking your opinion is god...

I don't know what it is with you but you just can't seem to let things go... obviously things happened in the past.. that doesn't mean you should hold it agianst them today. Did you ever do anything bad in your life? Ever steal anything? Ever lie... is that held against you EVERY DAY OF YOUR LIFE... let the past be the past and let this crap die. OH NO your friends car died, thats part of modifying Cars... I blew 3 transmissions in my last car, it was MY FAULT not Nissans... not my friend for helping me install it... IT WAS MY FAULT... your friends motor blew... maybe it was their own damn fault... in this field (automotive modification) **** happense. I know you are going to jump in and say "WELL OMG HAMMER OMG...". That wasn't Mike sitting there with a Hammer, it was an employee. And you do realize that a rubber mallet is considered a hammer... and sometimes rubber mallets are used in automotive shops to help in installation... Hell I just did some work on my car this weekend, and OMG I had to use a rubber mallet to help remove a part.
The way you make it sound, its like the person went raging on the head with a hammer when in reality, sometimes a rubber mallet is used to help in the seating process. Anyway... that is my 2 cents... I spent 9 months watching you bash the company I worked for and kept my mouth shut as to not effect the view of the company I worked for, but now I don't work there anymore and personally hate you and figured I would speak my piece about you...

Obviously none of this will make an impact in what you think, but hopefully some of the less educated people on these forums can see past your ricey exterior and tell that you really know nothing about cars, nor what goes into making them fast because well.. I think your car and the way you drive it is an example...

I just fed the troll but I figured I would speak my mind. Not like I post here much anyway...

If anyone at AAM wants me to remove this post give me a text / call and I will, I just wanted to speak my peace...
Rutrow.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:35 PM
sbZenth

wow i just had a dejavu.

oh wait these threads happen like everyday.

im coming to the meet. itll be fun. yo jon i might be up in olney tomorrow around like 330 so i might stop by there. that all depends on if it snows tonight or not. if it snows ill be in the Armada. not taking the Z haha.
Old 02-02-2009, 04:37 PM
SC 350Z

Originally Posted by Jon@Altered
To the top!

Thanks. At least somebody up in here can show some love for my Honda...

No, no we can defintiely dyno the rex. I should have worded that last sentence a little differently; what I meant was the shop GT-R will be the only GT-R we're putting on the dyno for the event. I know we'll have a couple of our GT-R customers at the meet, but because the new GT-R's have the diffusers underneath the car and a couple other additional critical points to setup for dyno, it takes extra time to load those cars up. So we'll only be doing the shop GT-R this time around.

Possibly later in the summer we'll have a GT-R specific dyno day or something. But we've done lots of Impreza's so definitely bring her by. Bring the goat too if you want, any and all makes and models are welcome! Unfortunately my stock S won't be making an appearance on the dyno...
ooo ok yea that sounds like a PITA im not sure if ill be out to the meet but i def want to get a baseline on the goat when i get it and see what the wrx has to her
Old 02-02-2009, 04:40 PM
350Ricky
I like Rice

Jon, ima try to stop by for a bit. I might have some errands to run.
Old 02-03-2009, 05:07 AM
Jeremy@Altered
Banned

What a wonderful day. Cant wait to see all you guys on the 21st.
Old 02-03-2009, 05:15 AM
matt240sx

[QUOTE=Merlyn;6898979] at you being a complete ****ing moron...

That wasn't Mike sitting there with a Hammer, it was an employee.

Don't blame that one on Frank.

I must be an idiot I can never get the quote highlight to work LOL
Old 02-03-2009, 05:17 AM
pmohr

Was it not? Again, it's not like he was going hellbent with a sledgehammer.

Last edited by pmohr; 02-03-2009 at 05:56 AM.
Old 02-03-2009, 05:29 AM
Clint@Altered
Banned

Hey Merlyn and Paul!! Good to see you guys around.
Merlyn - eloquent words. Thanks for the support.
Maybe you two will swing by the shop for the meet?
Old 02-03-2009, 05:33 AM
Clint@Altered
Banned

Originally Posted by matt240sx

Don't blame that one on ------.
Merlyn didn't blame anyone specific. Just edit your post ^^ and no names will be out there.
Old 02-03-2009, 05:45 AM
NX2KDET
Cpt. Nauti Raw

Just go away, you have never had anything nice to say about AAM. Obviously you and your friends had a bad experience and care to share it with the world
LOL @ the noobs desperate plea for attention. I am not bashing the shop but if you mean him and his friends it contradicts him being a loser because he must certainly have tons of friends than with what happened in the past. Everybody has their own personal preference I went to AAM with a price quote and when I went back to sign the documents they tripled the price and this was a year and half ago, Clint,Jeremy,Jon and some past employees are mad cool people, but once somebody loses my trust it takes quite an effort in order for it to be regained.
Old 02-03-2009, 05:57 AM
pmohr

Originally Posted by Clint@Altered
Hey Merlyn and Paul!! Good to see you guys around.
Merlyn - eloquent words. Thanks for the support.
Maybe you two will swing by the shop for the meet?
It's a possibility, dunno. Depends if he wants to use that weekend to put another mod on his GTI...heh.

Can you ask that noob Jon if he got my email?
Old 02-03-2009, 06:13 AM
Jeremy@Altered
Banned

Im so over the boring hatred. That was so 2006.
Old 02-03-2009, 06:17 AM
Merlyn

Originally Posted by NX2KDET
LOL @ the noobs desperate plea for attention. I am not bashing the shop but if you mean him and his friends it contradicts him being a loser because he must certainly have tons of friends than with what happened in the past. Everybody has their own personal preference I went to AAM with a price quote and when I went back to sign the documents they tripled the price and this was a year and half ago, Clint,Jeremy,Jon and some past employees are mad cool people, but once somebody loses my trust it takes quite an effort in order for it to be regained.
by noob are you referring to my post count, or my experience with cars, or what?

And in regards to a "desperate plea for attention", um... have you seen MDRacers threads around the globe... he posts on forums that have ANYTHING to do with Nissan and well some of the times he gets bashed and told to go away.

define:loser - failure: a person with a record of failing; someone who loses consistently... i.e AAM still has business and is holding up in this economy, thus.. he is a loser at doing his life long goal, watching the fall of AAM...

What kind of effort do you need to regain your trust? I think AAM has proven themselves rather well recently in releasing solid product and nice cars...

You have to realize that in this field you have people who think they know a LOT... and think things should be a certain way. When in reality that is not the case...

In this field the customer is NOT always right. There is a reason cars are taken to shops, and that reason usually is because the person who owns the car does not feel comfortable nor understands the process / requirements to make their car go fast, or handle better, or whatever the case may be. But, those same people... who just paid money because of their lack of ability (not insulting just saying EVERYONE can not be good at everything) complain saying that something was done wrong...

Well, I may not be the smartest person in the world... but if I don't know the answer to something and I ask someone who does know what the answer is... I don't really have much room to turn around and say they were wrong since well... I went to them in the beginning to find that answer out.

Sometimes, the person you go to for help is completely wrong or messes up, but honestly... 9 times out of 10, people don't listen to the warnings given to them, or take the advice given to them once their car is done, and well at the end of the day, the shop was paid money to perform a task, not baby sit the owner every minute of the day.

No car, even factory, is perfect... every car has a breaking point, adding power no matter what you do to protect the motor in the long run will shorten the life span of the vehicle in one way shape or form.

I don't care if you spent $100000 on a car, you drive the car the wrong way or don't break the motor in, or don't monitor your gauges, or refuse to have the proper safety equipment installed... in the end you now have a $100000 + Car cost piece of metal sitting in your garage and you really can't blame anyone but yourself...

Its always nice to find someone to blame especially when you are young and unable to accept responsibility for your own actions but that doesn't mean it is right. Now, you guys have your big old band wagon running around being lead by a few of the "OG" here which makes it okay, but your perception is wrong. I don't feel I am going to change your opinions, I'm just calling you out... I am calling out the guys who can't install their own headers and basically asking... how do you know work was done wrong, when you can't even properly diagnose oil burning...

if you care to continue bickering with me, you can PM me, or open a new thread. I have made my points, and really there is nothing you can say that will make much of a difference because I have seen enough people like you (all of you) in my life to know that you know nothing, you flea to the closest safe haven, and shout from a distance... grow some *****...

Clint:

I'll probably stop by, don't see any plans that day.

EDIT:

Btw, where is mdracer.. I made a post to him and his thugs come to protect him. I know he read my posts, he was on for a good half hour after I wrote it last night... is he coming up with a witty remark? Usually those take like 5 minutes....

Last edited by Merlyn; 02-03-2009 at 06:29 AM.
Old 02-03-2009, 06:21 AM
Clint@Altered
Banned

!
Old 02-03-2009, 06:24 AM
pmohr

Originally Posted by Clint@Altered
!
Yea, well...

!!

I win.
Old 02-03-2009, 08:26 AM
Driven1
Professional

A few answers and questions in BOLD.

by noob are you referring to my post count, or my experience with cars, or what?

First,
I am NOT here to bash. I'm sick of hearing about it and it's NOT new news...hasn't been for over a decade now. Some things you wanted answered and your assumptions based off some of your wording here are incorrect IMO.

Merlyn....Ex employee of AAM....correct? Or still currently working there?

And in regards to a "desperate plea for attention", um... have you seen MDRacers threads around the globe... he posts on forums that have ANYTHING to do with Nissan and well some of the times he gets bashed and told to go away.

AAM's reputation spreads FAR longer than just the Nissan platforms....that's pretty old news.

define:loser - failure: a person with a record of failing; someone who loses consistently... i.e AAM still has business and is holding up in this economy, thus.. he is a loser at doing his life long goal, watching the fall of AAM...

What kind of effort do you need to regain your trust? I think AAM has proven themselves rather well recently in releasing solid product and nice cars...

RECENTLY is the key word here. Time will tell. You can't take 1 yr and span the history of 10+ quite that easily.

You have to realize that in this field you have people who think they know a LOT... and think things should be a certain way. When in reality that is not the case...

This can be said for BOTH sides here.

In this field the customer is NOT always right. There is a reason cars are taken to shops, and that reason usually is because the person who owns the car does not feel comfortable nor understands the process / requirements to make their car go fast, or handle better, or whatever the case may be. But, those same people... who just paid money because of their lack of ability (not insulting just saying EVERYONE can not be good at everything) complain saying that something was done wrong...

This is for the most part true...HOWEVER...there are some VERY knowledgable people who don't work on their own cars. With that said...Car guys typically hang together and this can included the knowledgable ones. Some things can be done wrong that even an amateur home hack can figure out.

Well, I may not be the smartest person in the world... but if I don't know the answer to something and I ask someone who does know what the answer is... I don't really have much room to turn around and say they were wrong since well... I went to them in the beginning to find that answer out.

Ever heard of a second or third opinion?

Sometimes, the person you go to for help is completely wrong or messes up, but honestly... 9 times out of 10, people don't listen to the warnings given to them, or take the advice given to them once their car is done, and well at the end of the day, the shop was paid money to perform a task, not baby sit the owner every minute of the day.

Come on...You can typically tell whether something "went wrong" or was neglected.

No car, even factory, is perfect and this is why they have warranties... every car has a breaking point, adding power no matter what you do to protect the motor in the long run will shorten the life span of the vehicle in one way shape or form.

Breaking points can be reasonably determined and estimated by the parts and quality of parts used and their ratings. (I'm assuming you're talking about internals of an engine). "Shortening the life" is a pretty broad statment and hasn't really been shown there are A LOT of pretty factory cars running around with boost on this platform with a TON of miles...that's more determined by maintenance IMO.

I don't care if you spent $100000 on a car, you drive the car the wrong way or don't break the motor in, or don't monitor your gauges, or refuse to have the proper safety equipment installed... in the end you now have a $100000 + Car cost piece of metal sitting in your garage and you really can't blame anyone but yourself...

Whats "driving it the wrong way"? Just trying to figure out what you mean by this?

Its always nice to find someone to blame especially when you are young and unable to accept responsibility for your own actions but that doesn't mean it is right. Now, you guys have your big old band wagon running around being lead by a few of the "OG" here which makes it okay, but your perception is wrong. I don't feel I am going to change your opinions, I'm just calling you out... I am calling out the guys who can't install their own headers and basically asking... how do you know work was done wrong, when you can't even properly diagnose oil burning...

This is a pretty big assumption...there are quite a few people who are VERY knowledgable and completely capable of doing it themsleves but don't have the time, the space, nor want to do it b/c they're too busy making the money to pay for it (career and lifestyle choice). This is mostly the guys who are a little older and this ISN'T their first rodeo modding a car. If they've done it before...well they probably know alot of the basics and have different connections is specialty areas (i.e. motor building, tuning, fabrication, mechanical, installation).

if you care to continue bickering with me, you can PM me, or open a new thread. I have made my points, and really there is nothing you can say that will make much of a difference because I have seen enough people like you (all of you) in my life to know that you know nothing, you flea to the closest safe haven, and shout from a distance... grow some *****...

Clint:

I'll probably stop by, don't see any plans that day.

EDIT:

Btw, where is mdracer.. I made a post to him and his thugs come to protect him. I know he read my posts, he was on for a good half hour after I wrote it last night... is he coming up with a witty remark? Usually those take like 5 minutes....
Old 02-03-2009, 09:07 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeremy@Altered
What a wonderful day. Cant wait to see all you guys on the 21st.
Told you it would be an uphill battle.

Most of the guys who have beef with AAM, really have it with Mike. I have heard decent things about the current guys who work there, it's just that they always get drug into crap from the past. People dont forget things easily in the Mid-A, myself included. Thats why most of the guys who go to/stand up for AAM are newbs to the scene/area, and thats why most of the old members have issues with the newbs defending $hit they know nothing about. Soooo sick of the "woohoo I love AAM they installed my exhaust straight!"

Last edited by Alberto; 02-03-2009 at 09:10 AM.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:28 AM
NX2KDET
Cpt. Nauti Raw

AAM still has business and is holding up in this economy, thus
If you are wondering about this just PM any member who has been around for awhile.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:04 AM
__jb
Z + Rear Seat

I understand that some of you guys might have beefs with past AAM people, but Jeremy is a good guy. He busted his butt at the PF in Florida and turned out some really good cars... my G being one of them.

Perhaps you guys could give Jeremy a chance before bashing him. Let him get settled in and get his bearings. You might be pleasantly surprised.

Quick Reply: Altered Atmosphere '09 KickOff Meet & Welcoming Party