Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

valentines day - need @#$# to do!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009 | 01:02 PM
Emerald99

This is the text transcript from last night/this morning. Abui, any ideas on salvaging this? I'm thinking 'no', but this is obviously not my field of expertise haha.

HER: Heyy im really really sorry about this and i know it might sound messed up but i realize that it is a little too soon for me to start dating right now as i just sort of got out of a relationship not too long. I had fun the other day and you seem like a great guy but i dont think i would be being fair to you if i went out with you now. This is not me blowing you off at all. Hopefully we can do this some other time when im ready if you are still down. Im sorry again about all this i really hope you understand.

ME: Hey, don't worry about it! I really appreciate you telling me this now- instead of in a month or two, lol. I was hoping we'd get to spend some time together on saturday, and get to know eachother a bit better. But, I totally understand if you don't want to jump into anything right now. Keep in touch, and take care!

HER: You being so damn nice about everything def makes this harder lol. Thanks for understanding though.

I'm thinking it's done, but what do I know, haha
Old 02-11-2009 | 01:06 PM
bsurdam
F-UR-ENZO

just go out as friends and be unbelievable make it seen whats shes missing. shell change her mind. ive pulled it on all the ex's for a one nighter and it always works.
Old 02-11-2009 | 01:14 PM
Emerald99

^That's kind of what I'm thinking too. I was thinking about giving her a call on Friday and seeing if she was still down to hang out on Saturday. I feel good running this by the Mid-A before doing anything though :P
Old 02-11-2009 | 01:30 PM
bsurdam
F-UR-ENZO

Originally Posted by Emerald99
^That's kind of what I'm thinking too. I was thinking about giving her a call on Friday and seeing if she was still down to hang out on Saturday. I feel good running this by the Mid-A before doing anything though :P
you should hang out before saturday. so if she has a really good time then she would be more inclined to changer her mind about saturday. if shes being honest about getting out of a relationship then shes just uncomfortable being with anyone else (no offense) but until you hang out and she becomes more comfortable around you its not going to happen. once that happens shell forget she just got out of one. as much as wonmen try to manipulate guys they leave themselves completely vulnerable. you just have to know how to twist it.
Old 02-11-2009 | 01:34 PM
Emerald99

I dont know about that- it would definitely be the ideal scenario, but I don't think there's enough time to pull this, and remain in the "he's a cool guy" zone- I could fall into the "he's desperately trying" area. I don't think that's a zone I should be in, lol. I think I can get her out on Saturday, I just have to say the right things/be funny/ etc...
Old 02-11-2009 | 01:39 PM
bsurdam
F-UR-ENZO

lol then your game is weak and need to step it up. lol jk. def shoot for saturday though by the sounds of that text she sounds sincere enough but keep the guard up. best of luck.
Old 02-11-2009 | 01:41 PM
zstreet86

this thread is too damn funny
Old 02-11-2009 | 01:42 PM
Emerald99

Originally Posted by bsurdam
lol then your game is weak and need to step it up. lol jk. def shoot for saturday though by the sounds of that text she sounds sincere enough but keep the guard up. best of luck.
Thanks I'll try and get some WIN in this thread with pictures if I make it happen.
Old 02-11-2009 | 01:52 PM
abui01

HER: You being so damn nice about everything def makes this harder lol. Thanks for understanding though.
Uh oh... you're categorized as "nice guy" aka the "chump" aka "every other guy out there in the universe" aka the 1 thing you DON'T want to be.

ME: Hey, don't worry about it! I really appreciate you telling me this now- instead of in a month or two, lol.<--You're being way too nice.

I was hoping we'd get to spend some time together on saturday, and get to know eachother a bit better.<--Comments like these tend to scare them off. Think about it.. this is what every other nice guy says.. how are YOU going to be different?

Keep in touch, and take care!<--She will never "keep in touch" if you tell her to keep in touch... you have to make her WANT to keep in touch
HER: Heyy im really really sorry about this and i know it might sound messed up but i realize that it is a little too soon for me to start dating right now <--BS, she's not sorry

as i just sort of got out of a relationship not too long.<--So? This is her problem, not yours.

I had fun the other day and you seem like a great guy but i dont think i would be being fair to you if i went out with you now.<--Why are you going to let someone else determine what's fair for you? What is she... your mom? NO!

This is not me blowing you off at all.<--BS, she's blowing you off

Hopefully we can do this some other time<--There will be no "other time" unless you act upon it.

when im ready if you are still down.<--BS, she's ready RIGHT NOW, why else would she book vday with you to begin with?
I noticed in your initial post, you were concerned about making it the perfect romantic atmosphere... where to take her... and all that mumbo jumbo jibberish. Without increasing attraction levels, you could be on top of the world @ finest French restaurant and it wouldn't matter. She's not attracted to you yet. You gotta get there first before you think about all these extravagant places. When you talk to her, don't talk just to be flapping your lips, this will get you no where. There must be a strategy in your approach, a goal, and techniques to accomplish the goal. Being nice isn't one of the techniques you should try to use. Focus around having fun, making her laugh, and having an overall good time. Lastly, how do you stand out from the rest of the chumps that's macking on her? Most guys don't think about that. If you watch people on dates who don't know wtf they're doing, they say the same chit and ask the same boring questions: "So... where do you work/what do you do? Isn't the weather nice today? Where did you go to school? What did you study?" <-- all these are questions everyone asks just to flap their lips and a terrible strategy; you're better off giving them your dam life resume if you're going at this rate. Guaranteed you won't get a single laugh out of her.. and chances are, she has answered these questions 9x already from the past 9 guys she's been out with.

Stand out, be different, take charge, be fun, and don't ever take "no" for an answer.
Old 02-11-2009 | 03:06 PM
NX2KDET
Cpt. Nauti Raw

Best response ever came from Dave S.

Her: I'm sorry I really not interested in you.
At this point I ask Dave S. what should I say then he tells me.
Me: Interested in me?????!!!!I just got out of a relationship I just wanted somebody to chill with I am glad you showed me this side now, it reminds me alot of my 17 year sister, lol I am sorry you thought I was trying anything more than friends but best of luck to you."
Her:I'm sorry I just thought the signs you were giving off came that way.

and then she proceeded to ask me out 2 days later on a date.......FUNCTION:TUNED not only builds motor but also relationships.
Old 02-11-2009 | 05:11 PM
350Ricky
I like Rice

Or you can do what Bobby does... Choke her, i bet itll work
Old 02-11-2009 | 08:52 PM
sajazzman007
DIY'er Unite
Premier Member

Originally Posted by abui01
Uh oh... you're categorized as "nice guy" aka the "chump" aka "every other guy out there in the universe" aka the 1 thing you DON'T want to be.

I noticed in your initial post, you were concerned about making it the perfect romantic atmosphere... where to take her... and all that mumbo jumbo jibberish. Without increasing attraction levels, you could be on top of the world @ finest French restaurant and it wouldn't matter. She's not attracted to you yet. You gotta get there first before you think about all these extravagant places. When you talk to her, don't talk just to be flapping your lips, this will get you no where. There must be a strategy in your approach, a goal, and techniques to accomplish the goal. Being nice isn't one of the techniques you should try to use. Focus around having fun, making her laugh, and having an overall good time. Lastly, how do you stand out from the rest of the chumps that's macking on her? Most guys don't think about that. If you watch people on dates who don't know wtf they're doing, they say the same chit and ask the same boring questions: "So... where do you work/what do you do? Isn't the weather nice today? Where did you go to school? What did you study?" <-- all these are questions everyone asks just to flap their lips and a terrible strategy; you're better off giving them your dam life resume if you're going at this rate. Guaranteed you won't get a single laugh out of her.. and chances are, she has answered these questions 9x already from the past 9 guys she's been out with.

Stand out, be different, take charge, be fun, and don't ever take "no" for an answer.
I kinda missed some post, picking up in the game late. I can agree with this. I like to focus my questions more around her than on myself. It shows them you care, even though you may not. Listen but don't tune out. It takes practice and only great playa's master it. You have to ask questions but throw a joke in there every once in a while. Every great playa has things to themselves that seperates them from the pack (i.e. conversation, dancing ability, attitude, sociability, charisma, BS like that) you just have to find what your working with. I go into spots sometimes fresh off of work, looking all dicked up and still pull some of the baddest chics in the spot. I realize that my quasi arrogant attitude, conversational, and sociability get me light years ahead of guys who have money or dress better at the time. With all that to say this just find your niche.
Old 02-11-2009 | 09:03 PM
sajazzman007
DIY'er Unite
Premier Member

Originally Posted by bsurdam
I can roll with you and abui anytime!!! Another thing I forgot to add, game takes practice. To know, learn, and respect the game you have to be around players and practice. Kobe Bryan don't just goes out there and scores all those points without practice! Drew Brees can't thrown all those passes without a team! You have to learn the game before you can play. Gameday is coming up on Sat. don't be on the bench! If i were you, ask bsurdam, abui, or someone else with some solid game advice to hang out so u can practice and see how they get down.
Old 02-11-2009 | 09:15 PM
sajazzman007
DIY'er Unite
Premier Member

I dont know about that- it would definitely be the ideal scenario, but I don't think there's enough time to pull this, and remain in the "he's a cool guy" zone- I could fall into the "he's desperately trying" area. I don't think that's a zone I should be in, lol. I think I can get her out on Saturday, I just have to say the right things/be funny/ etc...
Ok i'm all caught up now! Don't chase her.. There is a song by my favorite rapper "Devin the Dude" called "I don't chase 'em". Listen to it, very inspirational. I would stop texting her as much as you do and let chase you. Nothing chics like more (espically diva acting *** chics) is when you ignore them and in return treat them like chit. Have a bit of swagga about yourself (Swagga is a healthy combination of arrogance and confidence i.e. James Bond) .
I almost forgot, Valentines day is like shooting fish in a barrel for single chics. They go out because they are lonely and looking for someone to love them or give them the business. From omen to blessing! I would go out find some chic who is a tad liqored up and roll the dice . But take no for an answer if it comes up
Old 02-12-2009 | 09:55 AM
TrinitySRT
Banned

Originally Posted by sajazzman007
Great pics photogenic.. I'm Jon
i'm not talking to you unless youre gonna take me out.. let me drive your car and buy me food lol
Old 02-12-2009 | 09:58 AM
TrinitySRT
Banned

btw.... OP... just say you "just want to hang out... nothing more..." then something about respecting her space/etc and youre not looking for anything more right now either and you just wanna get to know her and be friends.

you gotta have a good counter to all this mannn

come on now I thought guys knew this stuff? Apparently they come to car forums for the answers :runs back to her girly car forum for answers:
Old 02-12-2009 | 09:58 AM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.
+1
Old 02-12-2009 | 10:00 AM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Originally Posted by TrinitySRT
btw.... OP... just say you "just want to hang out... nothing more..." then something about respecting her space/etc and youre not looking for anything more right now either and you just wanna get to know her and be friends.

you gotta have a good counter to all this mannn

come on now I thought guys knew this stuff? Apparently they come to car forums for the answers :runs back to her girly car forum for answers:
I respect you and all but that chit don't work. Women don't know what works on themselves. You have to learn from men who'd been there and figured out what works.
Old 02-12-2009 | 10:03 AM
TrinitySRT
Banned

Originally Posted by bb1314
I respect you and all but that chit don't work. Women don't know what works on themselves. You have to learn from men who'd been there and figured out what works.
I know what works on me... friends first. cause id rather be that then jump into something with someone I dont really know.

plus if it doesnt work out theres that much more of a chance you'll still be friends after. Unless the dude or gal does something.. really bad that warrants some hate.
Old 02-12-2009 | 10:04 AM
Jgrizzle

So I go into Dunkin Donuts this morning and get my coffee and breakfast sandwich to try to cure the massive hangover I had from my friends 30th birthday last night. As i walk in there is a tall attractive woman standing by the sugar. I look at her and she says hi how are you. I was like damn i got caught. I get my coffee as im walking out she comes up and introduces heself as so and so from channel 2 news. Then a guy with a camera comes up and the next thing I know Im talking about where to take girls for valentines day. Im gonna be famous I tell you.

Quick Reply: valentines day - need @#$# to do!