Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

FAIRFAX COUNTY P.D. ahhhh!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 09:16 PM
Akabir47

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bb1314
I'm gonna zip tie my front plate onto something.
Did that a long time ago.
Old 02-12-2009, 04:19 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any of you guys that have the Valentine detectors should look into getting the remote for it - its appx $40 and is maybe 1"x2" and moves the display with full controls to a more discreet area.
Old 02-12-2009, 05:40 AM
djamps

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by abui01
If you think about it, a cop pulling you over for no front plate has to be pretty darn bored.

Clip your radar detector where your visor sits. I got pulled once... actually no, twice.. or maybe 3x with it sitting there, the cops never saw it.
I got pulled a few days ago for no front plate. Wasn't the first time either. I think they are hoping to get you on other stuff. Luckily I got a warning and the cats quelled the exhaust stench.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:23 AM
gmueip
Hi Kids!

Radar detector newb here. Can the rolling revenue collectors actually tell if you have a radar detector from their patrol car?
Old 02-12-2009, 08:31 AM
Malikot
Rice Rocket

350Ricky and Steez33 have been riding with no front plate for months now and no tickets.... I take mine off for 6 hours and get a $60 ticket. Life isn't fair!
Old 02-12-2009, 08:45 AM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Malikot
350Ricky and Steez33 have been riding with no front plate for months now and no tickets.... I take mine off for 6 hours and get a $60 ticket. Life isn't fair!
I've been riding with no front plate since 04

They just don't like you cuz you use white font on AIM and you have curly hair.
Old 02-12-2009, 08:55 AM
Jgrizzle

They wont let me on base with no front plate. BASTARDS!!
Old 02-12-2009, 09:40 AM
Malikot
Rice Rocket

I've been riding with no front plate since 04

They just don't like you cuz you use white font on AIM and you have curly hair.
Shut up. I hate you.
Old 02-12-2009, 09:46 AM
Rozlockian

Man I really hate the tailgate crap they do. lol

On Friday the 6th around 1:15pm I was driving down Columbia Pike not far from Brown's Arlington Nissan - light turns green and I accelerate, Im the only car in the left lane. Didnt realize a cop had pulled up 2 cars back in the right lane. Anyway I didnt do anything excessive but it is a 30 zone - as I hit 40ish I look in my rearview and here he comes flying up behind me...I slow down of course - he proceeds to tailgate the living crap outa me to the point that I cant see the lights on top of his car or his headlights. If I hit the brakes for any reason hes gonna run into the back of me. So I'm thinking - I cant see any of his lights - is he trying to pull me over? So I slow down more and signal, pull into the next parking lot - the whole time he is right on my *** like inches it seems like...and then he backs off right as I'm turning into the lot and continues down Columbia.

Sigh, so annoying. But its better than getting a ticket I guess. Just makes me nervous when any car is THAT close behind me.
Old 02-12-2009, 09:53 AM
Malikot
Rice Rocket

Originally Posted by Rozlockian
Man I really hate the tailgate crap they do. lol

On Friday the 6th around 1:15pm I was driving down Columbia Pike not far from Brown's Arlington Nissan - light turns green and I accelerate, Im the only car in the left lane. Didnt realize a cop had pulled up 2 cars back in the right lane. Anyway I didnt do anything excessive but it is a 30 zone - as I hit 40ish I look in my rearview and here he comes flying up behind me...I slow down of course - he proceeds to tailgate the living crap outa me to the point that I cant see the lights on top of his car or his headlights. If I hit the brakes for any reason hes gonna run into the back of me. So I'm thinking - I cant see any of his lights - is he trying to pull me over? So I slow down more and signal, pull into the next parking lot - the whole time he is right on my *** like inches it seems like...and then he backs off right as I'm turning into the lot and continues down Columbia.

Sigh, so annoying. But its better than getting a ticket I guess. Just makes me nervous when any car is THAT close behind me.
I'm pretty sure they are doing it to see how you will react. If you panic or do something out of the ordinary they will get you. Usually if its a crown vic, you can tell the by the headlights. When I get tailed and its say a 35.. I'll go down to 32 or so and eventually they will get fed up and blow by me. Seems like cops are ALWAYS in a rush to get somewhere, so just let them pass...
Old 02-12-2009, 10:47 AM
.steeeeZ33.
@ J&D auto

ive had no tag for over 4 and half years.

im gonna put mine on tho.. thru the tow hook.
Old 02-12-2009, 10:55 AM
Jgrizzle

Originally Posted by .steeeeZ33.
ive had no tag for over 4 and half years.

im gonna put mine on tho.. thru the tow hook.
post pic
Old 02-12-2009, 11:17 AM
abui01

Tell the cop someone reversed into you and crushed your license plate bracket. Then tell them "oh don't worry, it's already special ordered from Nissan and they told me it'll be here by [insert random BS date]." I tested this theory out with most of my mods. As long as I tell them I'm already doing something about it to remedy the issue, then they're not going to give me a ticket for it.

There are other times where I gave them no reason whatsoever, and surely enough... I get the fix-it-ticket... couple bucks down the drain!

If you study psychology, you'll notice that people will do things if you give them a reason to. For example, if you're waiting in line at Staples to xerox a few papers and you don't want to wait in line... walk up to a guy and say, "Hey do you mind if I cut infront of you because I need to Xerox a few papers?" (well no chit sherlock... EVERYONE is standing in line to Xerox papers!) However, by giving them a reason, he/she will be more inclined to say "Why yes of course, go ahead." As compared to, "Go wait in line like everyone else."

Same concept applies when you're being pulled over. Cops are human, construct your words carefully and you can get out of anything. "Oh that loud exhaust... OMG I totally understand! It drives me NUTS!!! Some ricer boy I bought this car from put it on... but you don't have to worry officer, I already made an appointment to get this fart can off this Saturday @ [insert BS shop name here]" He'll know that if you show up in court with photos of your fixtures that it'll be dismissed anyways. Just give him a reason not to give it to you and 9/10 times... you'll be free to go.

Acting class helps
Old 02-12-2009, 11:21 AM
bb1314
da Terminator!

^ What if everything on your car is illegal? You come up with a series of stories?
Old 02-12-2009, 11:45 AM
WYZIWYG

Received 208 Likes on 155 Posts

^ What if everything on your car is illegal? You come up with a series of stories?
^ You guys only get away with that $hit because ur AZN. You know it's troof!!
Old 02-12-2009, 12:12 PM
sajazzman007
DIY'er Unite

Tell the cop someone reversed into you and crushed your license plate bracket. Then tell them "oh don't worry, it's already special ordered from Nissan and they told me it'll be here by [insert random BS date]." I tested this theory out with most of my mods. As long as I tell them I'm already doing something about it to remedy the issue, then they're not going to give me a ticket for it.

There are other times where I gave them no reason whatsoever, and surely enough... I get the fix-it-ticket... couple bucks down the drain!

If you study psychology, you'll notice that people will do things if you give them a reason to. For example, if you're waiting in line at Staples to xerox a few papers and you don't want to wait in line... walk up to a guy and say, "Hey do you mind if I cut infront of you because I need to Xerox a few papers?" (well no chit sherlock... EVERYONE is standing in line to Xerox papers!) However, by giving them a reason, he/she will be more inclined to say "Why yes of course, go ahead." As compared to, "Go wait in line like everyone else."

Same concept applies when you're being pulled over. Cops are human, construct your words carefully and you can get out of anything. "Oh that loud exhaust... OMG I totally understand! It drives me NUTS!!! Some ricer boy I bought this car from put it on... but you don't have to worry officer, I already made an appointment to get this fart can off this Saturday @ [insert BS shop name here]" He'll know that if you show up in court with photos of your fixtures that it'll be dismissed anyways. Just give him a reason not to give it to you and 9/10 times... you'll be free to go.

Acting class helps

I can agree with that . I know kindness can ease tension in any scenerio. I know I get pulled over sometimes when I have my top down so they can run my tags.. young black man, convertible, 350z, must be stolen.. racial profiling is great
Old 02-12-2009, 12:32 PM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Originally Posted by WYZIWYG
^ You guys only get away with that $hit because ur AZN. You know it's troof!!
Originally Posted by sajazzman007
I can agree with that . I know kindness can ease tension in any scenerio. I know I get pulled over sometimes when I have my top down so they can run my tags.. young black man, convertible, 350z, must be stolen.. racial profiling is great
Oh quit whining - I voted for Obama

Now it should be us Asian that has the right to call out for racial profiling!
Old 02-12-2009, 12:45 PM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jgrizzle
post pic
The toe hook is crooked, but I think you get the point.

Old 02-12-2009, 01:03 PM
shocka04

+1, I rode without a plate for a little over a year. got pulled over quite a few times and told the cops a different story each time. Never got a ticket, just plenty of warnings. only reason I put it back on was because I got tired of getting pulled over for only that reason.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:54 PM
rockinbboy

haha...you were asking for it with your RD being visible!

Glad to hear it wasn't a speeding ticket.

Quick Reply: FAIRFAX COUNTY P.D. ahhhh!