Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Altered Auto Works in Richmond, VA

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 05:50 PM
Rican350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adrenaline Auto Works in Richmond, VA

I was just wondering....has anyone in the Richmond area actually have any work done to their Z or any vehicle by this shop??? i know about the s2000 problem they had but that has nothing to do with their actual work. i ask because i might be getting exhaust work from them.
edit: the name of the shop is actually ADRENALINE AUTOWORKS

Last edited by Rican350; 03-02-2009 at 06:20 PM. Reason: wrong name in title
Old 03-03-2009, 08:27 AM
Z33@SIM

I was just there saturday but just for a dyno day so I can get baseline. To me looks like its geared towards the Honduh crowd but the people seem OK enough. I dont know how much knowledge they have about our cars.
Old 03-03-2009, 03:29 PM
MrKaira
Really MrZ31

LOL

the only thing i have heard about adrenaline autoworks is that one night at the Bell Road meet they brought out a "shop" car - it was a red S2000 that had some shoddy motor work done, and really was unimpressive overall. They were revving hard and really beating on the car. All of the sudden, two cars tear into the meet and a guy jumps out and starts throwing punches at the AA guys. Apparently, it was a customer car, the customer's friend was there and called him, they came and cleared house.

I don't trust any shop in Richmond besides Performance Auto Sport. They are very good at what they do. Mark the owner is a great guy. The shop manager Kevin really knows his stuff - he is also an instructor for NASA and TrackDaze. When I dropped off my Z there were no extra miles on it. They babied it completely.

edit: didn't read your post completely since you already knew about the s2000 incident. oh well i'll leave it up for those that don't know.

But seriously, after a reputation like that, you are considering going there? Why?
Old 03-04-2009, 04:43 AM
4SHIZZIL

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I can help you put on the exhaust bro...or I have shop with 2 mile of my house that can to it fast also. Come on up. or maybe next time I am down I can help you throw it on.

you changing your cats? or just y pipe and back? Cats are a pain but doable without a lift.
Old 03-04-2009, 07:52 AM
Z33@SIM

Originally Posted by MrKaira
LOL

the only thing i have heard about adrenaline autoworks is that one night at the Bell Road meet they brought out a "shop" car - it was a red S2000 that had some shoddy motor work done, and really was unimpressive overall. They were revving hard and really beating on the car. All of the sudden, two cars tear into the meet and a guy jumps out and starts throwing punches at the AA guys. Apparently, it was a customer car, the customer's friend was there and called him, they came and cleared house.

I don't trust any shop in Richmond besides Performance Auto Sport. They are very good at what they do. Mark the owner is a great guy. The shop manager Kevin really knows his stuff - he is also an instructor for NASA and TrackDaze. When I dropped off my Z there were no extra miles on it. They babied it completely.

edit: didn't read your post completely since you already knew about the s2000 incident. oh well i'll leave it up for those that don't know.

But seriously, after a reputation like that, you are considering going there? Why?
WOW! I didnt realised that the S2000 thing was an AA incident. I thought it was RPM. Either way I would never take my car to either places. Like I said I was just there for dyno.
Old 03-04-2009, 08:04 AM
4SHIZZIL

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I have been to this shop about 4 times for dynos... they primarily work on Jags, Ferrari, Saleen, and Shelby GT500s but they can do custom roll cages and lots of other one off work.

they are very good at what they do and putting on an exhaust would be a piece of cake.

tell them that guy with that White Supercharged G35 sent you and they will take car of you.

http://www.performanceautosport.com/

with my old tune I put down 350 at 100 degrees in the shop with a clogged y pipe (cats let loose)...vs the 388 I put down in NOVA. They dont use any correction on their dynojet dyno.

Last edited by 4SHIZZIL; 03-04-2009 at 08:06 AM.
Old 03-04-2009, 08:28 AM
MrKaira
Really MrZ31

Originally Posted by Z33@SIM
WOW! I didnt realised that the S2000 thing was an AA incident. I thought it was RPM. Either way I would never take my car to either places. Like I said I was just there for dyno.
Well, RPM is not without their scandal too. Last spring they were tuning a twin turbo Z. The mechanic took it out to test the tune on the road. He was going 120mph on broad street, wrecked, injured 2, killed himself, and totally destroyed the car. It was awful - and all over the news. (For those that don't know, Broad street is the main road in Richmond West to East, extremely busy place).

Originally Posted by 4SHIZZIL
I have been to this shop about 4 times for dynos... they primarily work on Jags, Ferrari, Saleen, and Shelby GT500s but they can do custom roll cages and lots of other one off work.

they are very good at what they do and putting on an exhaust would be a piece of cake.

tell them that guy with that White Supercharged G35 sent you and they will take car of you.

http://www.performanceautosport.com/

with my old tune I put down 350 at 100 degrees in the shop with a clogged y pipe (cats let loose)...vs the 388 I put down in NOVA. They dont use any correction on their dynojet dyno.
Highly recommend this shop. You can also tell them that you know the owner of Jimmy John's, they love us. Although, they might ask you why you didn't bring them any haha.
Old 03-08-2009, 07:06 AM
PumpedVA

I dont let anybody touch my car but Dave@FT! "IF" I had to Performance Auto Sport would be the ONLY place in RVA I would even think about.

Anybody doing anything today (sunday) its nice as hell out?
Old 03-08-2009, 08:33 AM
MrKaira
Really MrZ31

Originally Posted by PumpedVA
I dont let anybody touch my car but Dave@FT! "IF" I had to Performance Auto Sport would be the ONLY place in RVA I would even think about.

Anybody doing anything today (sunday) its nice as hell out?
thought about taking the wife and doing a skyline drive cruise. The Z has a blown turbo so I'd be in the M. I don't know for sure what we are doing yet, I spent all day yesterday detailing the M.

If you have any ideas let me know!
Old 03-08-2009, 09:32 AM
PumpedVA

Originally Posted by MrKaira
thought about taking the wife and doing a skyline drive cruise. The Z has a blown turbo so I'd be in the M. I don't know for sure what we are doing yet, I spent all day yesterday detailing the M.

If you have any ideas let me know!
Well I started claying my car getting ready for some zanio...plus drinking some beers so looks like I am staying home today.