Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Nothing has changed after all (AAM)

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 05:35 AM
thefireboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PhiSig
I thought AAM did your custom one off G37 TT build? Sounds like you aren't happy with them either.
Old 04-19-2009, 06:44 AM
bsurdam
F-UR-ENZO

Originally Posted by Jay'Z
Who would delete it?
my experience got deleted. and the thread was kept civilized.
Old 04-19-2009, 07:53 AM
jeffie7

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bsurdam
my experience got deleted. and the thread was kept civilized.
The fact that these threads get covered up makes me that much more iffy about using AAM for stuff. Most of what know about AAM comes from the forums and a few people locally at the meets. When dirt keeps getting swept under the rug, it really makes me wonder about the shop.

Again I hope this thread stays unedited and has a good ending. chances are it wont happen since it will just get cleaned up or removed.

I do have to ask that fellow forum members stop pulling the bu1lshit "in before lock" and other random pictures, all you're doing is taking a thread that might have a chance and F-ing it up. When you do that it gives the forum mods more reason to delete/edit post to clean up the bul1shit

Not just for this thread but any other future AAM or other shop thread, this really is a big deal to some people who are out money and unhappy, plus it gives AAM a chance to voice their side.

Stop jumping on the bash AAM bandwagon just to bump your post counts.

Keep in mind when a post that was nothing more then IBL with random pictures gets edited, it makes people like me who have yet to see the pointless post assume that a legit point was made and was 'swept under the carpet" but in truth, it was some jackass posting BS. This just adds to the AAM hate since people assume the worst.

Last edited by jeffie7; 04-19-2009 at 07:58 AM.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:32 AM
sbZenth

So, as expected, Clint has been contacting me to fix the situation. Like I said, the employees of AAM are whats best about that shop.

Originally Posted by rockinbboy
so why create a thread to bring it to everyone's attention? Its bount to be flame thread.

PMs would have been sufficient.
Obviously not.

Originally Posted by matth76
Sounds like you had a pretty bad experience.

In your point: "11) I go to pick it up. I get charged like 150 dollars for the adjustments" - that is a bl**dy cheek charging you for the problems resulting from the work they did. I would never have paid anything. You paid them the initial $300 for the whole work to be done and it was un-satisfactory - they should have fixed it for free, or give you a full refund (it's law).

You then say in your post: "14) after about 500 dollars and 65 dyno runs later, the car still runs like **** when the CEL coames back on.
" - they charged you a further $500?? So in total you paid ~$150+$500 all for them to fix the problems that resulted after the initial flash and tune. I can totally understand why you would not want to take your car back getting charged for the problems to be fixed. However at the very least they should send you a cheque for $650, the cost you paid out PLUS a full refund for the initial $300 you paid out as you did not get what you paid for.

They don't need to see your car to know the problems that resulted - they just need to look at the invoices they gave you! Can't believe the cheek charging you to rectify the problems that resulted from their work. Of course things always go wrong but bad customer service is inexcusable. Public threads like this are the only way companies get their act together. Glad you made us aware. Hope you get it resolved.
I mean, my experience wasnt that bad in the beginning. Like i said, my car showed solid gains from the tune, and since i overlooked the small stuff, it was an easy experience. however, the follow-up made the whole thing not worth it.

And also, i was just saying i ended up paying 500 dollars for the whole thing in gas money to drive there back and forth, the flash, the price to fix things etc.
instead of costing me 300, it ended up costing me upwards of 500.

Originally Posted by jeffie7
The fact that these threads get covered up makes me that much more iffy about using AAM for stuff. Most of what know about AAM comes from the forums and a few people locally at the meets. When dirt keeps getting swept under the rug, it really makes me wonder about the shop.

Again I hope this thread stays unedited and has a good ending. chances are it wont happen since it will just get cleaned up or removed.

I do have to ask that fellow forum members stop pulling the bu1lshit "in before lock" and other random pictures, all you're doing is taking a thread that might have a chance and F-ing it up. When you do that it gives the forum mods more reason to delete/edit post to clean up the bul1shit

Not just for this thread but any other future AAM or other shop thread, this really is a big deal to some people who are out money and unhappy, plus it gives AAM a chance to voice their side.

Keep in mind when a post that was nothing more then IBL with random pictures gets edited, it makes people like me who have yet to see the pointless post assume that a legit point was made and was 'swept under the carpet" but in truth, it was some jackass posting BS. This just adds to the AAM hate since people assume the worst.
Thank you. This is exactly what i was trying to say earlier.
Old 04-19-2009, 12:11 PM
rkemp1

I'm sorry to hear this Sinan. I hope Clint can work things out for you to make you a happy customer. Again dont hesitate to let me know if you need anything man.
Old 04-19-2009, 09:05 PM
Vader007

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its always easy to say "just stop by, we'll fix it" once a thread gets started.
Old 04-19-2009, 09:12 PM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffie7

Word of Mouth can't be deleted or moderated. Hopefully the newer mid-a members will finally start to listen to the older members.
Old 04-19-2009, 09:29 PM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Clint@Altered
Sinan, I'm sorry - I didn't even know you were upset. I'm always down, as is Mike, to do what I can to help (otherwise I wouldn't be working here). Just give me a call. PM is not always the best way of contact as we've been pretty busy. I'll be at the shop for awhile today 301.330.8835

-Clint

I am so sick of reading these bull **** excuses.

and wtf do you do all day, you are a customer service guy... answering PMs that do not magically disappear (that is the beauty compared to phone calls... if you don't have time you can check them later when you do. amazing, right?)

Last edited by Motormouth; 04-19-2009 at 09:35 PM.
Old 04-19-2009, 09:33 PM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeremy@Altered
Always the threads on the minor things. All you have to do is come by and show us what is wrong. We cant diagnose things over pms.

Mike would gladly reflash the computer for you. I dont understand the need for a thread.

Please delete it and just stop by. Mike is very very busy and is always drawn a million different ways. He will definitely handle it if you just stop by.

Thanks..
what another completely ********e EXCUSE and sidestep of the problem. if that was the case ('just stop by') you should have SAID THAT in your PM conversations with him, or Mike would have said that in person when he talked to him.

and yeah, when he 'stops by' or as he says 'drives three hours roundtrip' will he also get the pleasure of paying more money (besides the gas, wear on his car and personal loss of time)? I bet so...

when is the problem big enough? if his car burned to the ground I bet that would be a big enough issue, right? whatever. so sick of this attitude.

Last edited by Motormouth; 04-19-2009 at 09:38 PM.
Old 04-20-2009, 04:20 AM
Jeremy@Altered
Banned

The thing is this, we cant fix his car over pms. All anyone would have to do is call and set up and appointment. Dont know why you are jumping in here and bashing at all Motormouth.

I havent once received a phone call from him. I dont even really understand what the issue is still? I mean, any modified 350z throws CELs all the time.

These are not excuses, i had no idea he was so mad. I honestly couldnt even tell what the issues was by his pm. I figured it was just something he wanted to get a hold of Mike about so i forwarded it. Mike is here and would take his phone call regardless. We are open M-F 8am-6pm for the most part. Just call and set up an appointment.
Old 04-20-2009, 04:46 AM
Clint@Altered
Banned

Originally Posted by Motormouth
I am so sick of reading these bull **** excuses.

and wtf do you do all day, you are a customer service guy... answering PMs that do not magically disappear (that is the beauty compared to phone calls... if you don't have time you can check them later when you do. amazing, right?)
I'm not a "customer service guy" - regardless, I make an effort to address customer's issues in a responsible/timely manner. And I was merely stating that pms, out of all available forms of communication, are the least successful way of contacting us (and probably a lot of other vendors as well). Also, I was never initially contacted by sbZenth, maybe I should have been.

Sinan, thanks for the pm this weekend. Talk to you soon,

-Clint

Last edited by Clint@Altered; 04-20-2009 at 05:19 AM.
Old 04-20-2009, 04:53 AM
kramykram

Im kinda lost as to how they would charge you again for a problem that was did with there initial tune.
Old 04-20-2009, 05:33 AM
NX2KDET
Cpt. Nauti Raw

Wow I am surprised this thread has been opened for this long, it might not be quality or customer satisfaction but AAM is always good for a laugh when you need one.
Old 04-20-2009, 05:47 AM
Driven1
Professional

The thing is this, we cant fix his car over pms. All anyone would have to do is call and set up and appointment. Dont know why you are jumping in here and bashing at all Motormouth.

I havent once received a phone call from him. I dont even really understand what the issue is still? I mean, any modified 350z throws CELs all the time.

These are not excuses, i had no idea he was so mad. I honestly couldnt even tell what the issues was by his pm. I figured it was just something he wanted to get a hold of Mike about so i forwarded it. Mike is here and would take his phone call regardless. We are open M-F 8am-6pm for the most part. Just call and set up an appointment.

Come on Jeremy....you know this isn't true. He's NA not FI. Don't try and pull the wool over on this one. It's a reflash...not rocket science.

He clearly states the issue he is having in the PM to you. You guys were blowing him off and now that it's blown up you're on damage control.

He doesn't want to make an appointment b/c every time he takes it there it costs him $100+ dollars for some bs charge. Everything he says and the way things have been handled so far sound VERY familiar.
Old 04-20-2009, 05:50 AM
NX2KDET
Cpt. Nauti Raw

I have never thrown a CEL (except when I needed a tuneup, misfire CEL) and I have every modification out there for NA besides gears.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:14 AM
Jeremy@Altered
Banned

07 Magnetic Black | AAM 3" Ti Single Exhaust | AAM Y-Pipe | AAM Test Pipes | AAM n/a Tune | Stance GR+ | SPC | Falken fk452 | Rota P45R |

ANY car with this mod list is going to throw codes. Why do you guys like to E-battle it out so much. I mean, this is not really a big deal.

He just needs to call us, set up and appointment and we will handle it. Problem Solved....
Old 04-20-2009, 06:14 AM
Clint@Altered
Banned

Originally Posted by NX2KDET
I have never thrown a CEL (except when I needed a tuneup, misfire CEL) and I have every modification out there for NA besides gears.
So you never throw codes on your NA Z, except for the times when you throw codes?

Again, sbZenth, talk to you soon - we'll get things resolved.

Last edited by Clint@Altered; 04-20-2009 at 06:19 AM.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:16 AM
.steeeeZ33.
@ J&D auto

07 Magnetic Black | AAM 3" Ti Single Exhaust | AAM Y-Pipe | AAM Test Pipes | AAM n/a Tune | Stance GR+ | SPC | Falken fk452 | Rota P45R |

ANY car with this mod list is going to throw codes. Why do you guys like to E-battle it out so much. I mean, this is not really a big deal.

He just needs to call us, set up and appointment and we will handle it. Problem Solved....
i dont throw a code. i have all boltons an NA Z can do. even the flash.

wow..

if ur car is choking and studdering, its a big deal. hell.. even if all sinan went to u guys for something like a exhaust install, and he gets home and noticed that a bolt was loose? its still a big deal.. nothings ever not a big deal to a paying customer.. we deal with thte same stuff here at my shop and NOTHING is small enough to blow off someone and say its no big deal..

Which by the way, My reflash went smoothly and the power was good. sorry to hear bout this sinan.

Last edited by .steeeeZ33.; 04-20-2009 at 06:45 AM.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:19 AM
Driven1
Professional

Once again....thats not true....come on man... you of all people should know better. There are actually some educated people in here.

According to him....it wasn't when it went in and it is now. when it does, it chokes, etc, etc.

It's not an e-battle it's putting FACTUAL information out there not some crap excuse. Get over the whole bashing thing.

Last edited by Driven1; 04-20-2009 at 06:22 AM.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:11 AM
KAT_Ayanami

This is my HONEST OPINION.

AAM is a sponsor in this forums. So all negative comments against them will be erased to save the reputation of such sponsor. Plain and simple.

The best solution is, in fact, to call and schedule an appointment (not PMs). The problem is that he already went back a couple of times. And 90 min drive is no joke when you have to do it several times on a malfunctioning car.

What would have I done?
1st. Talk to the Owner/person in charge at AAM to solve the issue.
2nd. If the issue is not solved again, I would have gone to the Better Business Bureau for them to check into this matter.

Again, this is just my opinion.

IBTL.

Quick Reply: Nothing has changed after all (AAM)