Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Nothing has changed after all (AAM)

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 01:16 PM
sbZenth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Nothing has changed after all (AAM)

First off, i would like to begin with this: Ive always been one to stick up for AAM due to their continued work on my car. However, ive had enough with this ****. I held out on making a thread about this for such a long time, but i feel like the Mid-A should know of my experience with Altered Atmosphere, and specifically, Mike.

bigslim and rkemp know the details of whats going on here, and i thank them for their advice throughout this.

Background:

During the summer of 2008, through many good experiences with AAM, my car was designated to be the prototype of the VQ35HR flash and tune for AAM. Mike and I agreed on the price for this work to be done, and it seemed like a very good idea at the time. And I have to say, i was very pleased with the results of the flash and tune when i first received the car. However, things started to go downhill after that.

So back in July or something like that, I brought my car to AAM to be flashed. I dropped it off and went back home. (keep in mind that this was a year ago and i dont remember exact timings and dates.) For the entire following month or so, I was so damn frustrated. The PM chain below between me and Jeremy, who recently started working at AAM explains what happened and why I am pissed off. I talked to Mike about the problems that my car was having due to his tune at the AAM spring meet, and the answer i got was that Mike didnt even recall the problems my car originally had. He didnt really seem like he gave the littlest ****. (Mind you, he took a good month or two working on my car last year.)

Anyway, here is the message chain:

Originally Posted by Jeremy@Altered
Mike never got back to me. i just emailed him this whole PM.

Thanks man.
JT

Originally Posted by sbZenth
Originally Posted by Jeremy@Altered
Hey man,

Nice meeting you as well. Let me talk to Mike on Monday and see what we can do.

Thanks man, i personally want to make sure that 100% of the people here are happy.

JT

Originally Posted by sbZenth
Hello,

First of all, I want to congradulate you and welcome you to the Mid-A! I met you briefly on saturday at the kickoff meet (i was the young guy, Sinan, haha). I had a great time at the meet, and I look forward to seeing you again at AAM.

I would like to speak with you about my car, either on the phone or in person, privately. The reason is because based on your reputation and high praise, I think you can actually help me, and I hope that you can.

Here is some background on me and my car. When Mike first decided to flash and "tune" the HR engines last year, I agreed to be the prototype car. He agreed to flash and tune my car for $300 dollars, which was to be half off the list price. I was very excited because up to this point, i had great experiences with AAM. As you can see from my signiture, a lot of my car is upgraded with AAM parts. Anyway, so i brought my car to Mike and dropped it off there for what was supposed to be two weeks of tuning.
Anyway, that two weeks became a month or two. I dont really remember how long it actually took. Mike had a lot of problems tuning the car. I took the car back from him either twice or three times and had to bring it back. The tune caused my car to studder and choke. So i brought it back to him again and again, and nothing happened. At one point of time, I was told by another employee that Mike had done around 65 dyno pulls on my car. and he never even bothered to change the oil! He then managed to charge me for the missing $300 dollars in supposed repairs of my OBDII sensors.

The reason i wanted to talk to you about this matter is, I spoke with Mike at the meet on saturday, and he told me he didnt even remember the problems with my car. Which is really scary because it was a long period of time that he had to deal with it. I am getting scared because i hadnt driven my car all winter and now that i started driving it again, the tune is really crapping out on me. The car studders more and more, and chokes under heavy load. I think he may have made some mistakes with the fuel or ignition maps.

Like ive said before, ive had great experiences with AAM, but this specific event has made me very skeptical about Mike. I have always been a strong supporter of AAM and have stood up for the shop against a lot of people. I do not want that to change.

I was hoping that with your level of expertise in tuning, you could look at my car. I think since it was the prototype tune, many mistakes were made.

Please let me know how you feel about this, and i am looking forward to hearing from you.

-Sinan
Jeremy,
Its been over a month since you said you would ask Mike about it.
-Sinan
Now, here I am, and its been like a month since my original message. My car still chokes, still loses power in between shifts, still sounds ****ed up.

For God's sake, the local Autozone has better customer service than this. I dont even deserve an answer from Mike?

Looks like nothing has changed at AAM. My advice for anyone around here (for whatever its worth), buy AAM parts as they are awesome, but do not let AAM put a finger on your car unless you are able to watch them every second.

-Sinan

( I do not want AAM posting anything in this thread. This is just merely my opinion on the owner, and the shop, meant to be discussed among the Mid-A owners )

For some cheering up, here is a cute cat:
Old 04-17-2009, 01:33 PM
jeffie7

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lets hope this thread doesn't get deleted like the rest of them.
Old 04-17-2009, 01:42 PM
sk26dett

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jeffie7
I don't know why they think getting these threads deleted makes the situation better, imo it just makes them look spineless and clearly guilty.

To the op, good luck sorting it out, I personally wouldn't let them touch my car again if i was treated like that. Is there anyone else who can fix the flash, probably not i assume.
Old 04-17-2009, 01:44 PM
.steeeeZ33.
@ J&D auto

FTL
Old 04-17-2009, 01:50 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Ouch....
Old 04-17-2009, 02:06 PM
bb1314
da Terminator!

In before the lock
Old 04-17-2009, 02:10 PM
350z2go

ooooo man
Old 04-17-2009, 02:18 PM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

Received 118 Likes on 63 Posts

Total lack of win from AAM.
Old 04-17-2009, 02:21 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

IBTL..
Old 04-17-2009, 02:30 PM
Cali-Darkness
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

You should post this up in the HR section...
Old 04-17-2009, 02:53 PM
Armando

IBTL

GL man!
Old 04-17-2009, 02:56 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffie7
Oh it probably will.
Old 04-17-2009, 02:57 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Who would delete it?
Old 04-17-2009, 03:06 PM
tribal_visionz

they blew up my friends supercharged Z
Old 04-17-2009, 03:11 PM
Driven1
Professional

Originally Posted by Jay'Z
Who would delete it?
Mods...it's kinda typical....there are a lot of old ones MIA.

lol @ "they blew up my friends supercharged Z". Seriously? If so...what happened there? Need a solid story with an accusation like that.
Old 04-17-2009, 04:22 PM
djamps

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I don't agree with how you're being treated but I still want to understand the story a bit more. I can't quite understand the timeline.

You said you're happy with the tune initially but later on it started running bad, a while after the tune? Have they had the car since? Could you at least lay out an order of operations?
Old 04-17-2009, 04:34 PM
C5_vette

hopefully you will get it all sorted out..
Old 04-17-2009, 04:40 PM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Originally Posted by djamps
I don't agree with how you're being treated but I still want to understand the story a bit more. I can't quite understand the timeline.

You said you're happy with the tune initially but later on it started running bad, a while after the tune? Have they had the car since? Could you at least lay out an order of operations?
+1 the PMs don't really tell us the story. Can you try to explain the story a little better in a summarized paragraph?
Old 04-17-2009, 06:54 PM
spddmn124

man thats sucx to hear, hope Clint can help you out with this...
Old 04-17-2009, 07:05 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

I think they will fix it.. Prob just havent seen this thread..

Quick Reply: Nothing has changed after all (AAM)