Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.
View Poll Results: Which MID-A Shop do you Preffer
Function tuned
37.61%
Hill's Garage
10.26%
Elite Performance
12.82%
Ptuning
4.27%
PF Super cars
5.13%
DIY
15.38%
AAM
41.03%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

SHOPS of the MID-A, which one do you preffer

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009 | 07:01 AM
NX2KDET
Cpt. Nauti Raw

^^^^^See what I mean, maybe we should make a new thread after all with a better poll list and people should post on why they prefer that shop (I.E. what the shop has done for them) This has turned into "Which Shop do you prefer other regional members?"
Old 04-22-2009 | 07:07 AM
ZRuggernDC

locals only thread

Mid-Atlantic Region is considered:

Delaware
Maryland
New Jersey
Pennsylvania
Virginia
West Virginia
Washington, DC

Merely for clarification purposes.

Last edited by ZRuggernDC; 04-22-2009 at 07:11 AM.
Old 04-22-2009 | 07:08 AM
Jeremy@Altered
Banned

Thanks for the kind words guys. I always tried to do a really good job in Florida and am bringing that up here. I try really hard to make sure everyone is happy.

The thread is titled, Shops in the Mid-A, Which one do you "preffer"?

I mean, with a title like that, it has to be epic
Old 04-22-2009 | 07:13 AM
Clint@Altered
Banned

The thread is simply asking My350z: If you were to take your car to a Mid-Atlantic shop, to which shop would take your car? We have the best facility, high-tech equipment which we know how to use, the most experienced and knowledgeable staff, plus we enjoy what we do. Its a no-brainer.

Last edited by Clint@Altered; 04-22-2009 at 07:16 AM.
Old 04-22-2009 | 07:16 AM
NX2KDET
Cpt. Nauti Raw

Every other shop the votes are from the Mid-A 26 voters for AAM and 3 are from the Mid-A I thought DJamps votes were funny

^^^^^^^Right it would be to suggest which shop to go to, I don't see how all those Florida guys can suggest a shop in a state they never stepped foot in.
Old 04-22-2009 | 07:16 AM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Originally Posted by Jeremy@Altered
Thanks for the kind words guys. I always tried to do a really good job in Florida and am bringing that up here. I try really hard to make sure everyone is happy.

The thread is titled, Shops in the Mid-A, Which one do you "preffer"?

I mean, with a title like that, it has to be epic
Only if you can bring the no state tax law and the Florida sun with you, our lives here would be much better!

But lets not nip pick on small things like that? As we can see this poll is actually putting a positive image to AAM so far. Lets not ruin that with silly comments?
Old 04-22-2009 | 07:17 AM
terps

this thread is completely useless it will be FT nuthuggers vs AAM nuthuggers. every body likes a shop till they get burned or jump on the hate bandwagon. it will be loyal customers that vote and frankly wont influence other loyal customers. maybe some noobs will be swayed

lets call a spade a spade, shall we

-ftuned- Standup guy, hard working, great customer service, BUT not the rain man of the vq's that everyone believes he is. Id take my care there(excusively did for 1.5 years+)

-AAM: shady in the past(personal expierence, not forum drama) BUT i have no bad experience with them and honestly feel like they have changed to a honest shop.Jtibbs is the man at tuning Id take my car there(did within the month and have been doing business with them for a over a year)

Id take my car to both and have. No shop is perfect. At some point $hit will happen, its the nature of the game.

Personally im the biggest fan of Franks Hills Garage- Been there 5+ times and he has always gone out of the way to make sure im happy not to mention i feel he is 100% qualified to work on these cars(certified nissan tech).

Last edited by terps; 04-22-2009 at 07:22 AM.
Old 04-22-2009 | 07:20 AM
2004Black350z
Exhaust Whore
Premier Member

why locals only? I went out of my region for jt. This is the dumbest thread i have seen n a while. Somemore function tuned gay fanboys trying tostart drama. I sent emails and talked to 3 shops on that list in the mid A and the professionalism and price and giving me direct answers to my question was jt at AAM. Wait til I get my computer fixed an not using my iPhone I'm gonna Create a huge epic thread better then this
Old 04-22-2009 | 07:23 AM
NX2KDET
Cpt. Nauti Raw

Originally Posted by 2004Black350z
why locals only? I went out of my region for jt. This is the dumbest thread i have seen n a while. Somemore function tuned gay fanboys trying tostart drama. I sent emails and talked to 3 shops on that list in the mid A and the professionalism and price and giving me direct answers to my question was jt at AAM. Wait til I get my computer fixed an not using my iPhone I'm gonna Create a huge epic thread better then this
For the love of God does it hurt you that much to with proper grammar, I have no clue what the hell you just said.
bb1314
da Terminator!

Originally Posted by terps
this thread is completely useless it will be FT nuthuggers vs AAM nuthuggers. every body likes a shop till they get burned or jump on the hate bandwagon. it will be loyal customers that vote and frankly wont influence other loyal customers. maybe some noobs will be swayed
I completely disagree with that. It's general/conclusive comments like that makes the thread completely useless.
abui01

Somemore function tuned gay fanboys trying tostart drama.
This statement isn't technically true since the OP voted for Hills Garage... so wouldn't he be classified as a... "Hills Garage fanboy?"

However, I'm surprised no one noticed that this thread had been EDITTED! LOL
10+ ricer points to the one that can figure out what was deleted.

Last edited by abui01; 04-22-2009 at 07:26 AM.
Old 04-22-2009 | 07:26 AM
bb1314
da Terminator!

What supporting statements do you have to prove that? I personally think this thread is very informative especially with the poll. Poll does not lie weather you like it or not.
Old 04-22-2009 | 07:27 AM
NX2KDET
Cpt. Nauti Raw

Originally Posted by abui01
However, I'm surprised no one noticed that this thread had been EDITTED! LOL
10+ brownie points to the one that can figure out what was deleted.
Yeah I noticed that as well.
Old 04-22-2009 | 07:41 AM
ZRuggernDC

I love the funtion tuned gay fanboys comment.. Actually with what I have learned over the course of the this week alone that comment is very hilarious.

Function:Tuned - Great guy. Excellent customer service. Goes out of the way to ensure techincal support and quality work is backed up.

Hill's Garage - Stand up guy. Knowledgable and very much like a kid in a candy store with every car. Props to Frank for running an excellent business.

AAM - Great customer service. John is the man. Ability to fab parts in shop: OUTSTANDING!! That is a shops dream right there. If the **** dont fit just go make it. NA bolts ons rocked. Going F/I went a different route.

The stories that come out about crazy stuff that happens at this shop or that shop aren't always the real deal, I mean let's face it. People are angry and usually things get outta hand due to whatever reasons.

I have personally had dealings with each of the shops listed. I am F/I and I keep my ears open to what is said and I ask questions to my tuner for his thoughts and opinions. My tuner is Function:Tuned.

1. I am not a vendor selling to any of these shops so my opinion comes from being a tuner and loving my car.
2. I am not fully sponsored by anyone but my Bank of America Account

If something were to break on my car I know for a fact that nothing is free. Once you go F/I you better have the money to back up the repair. 85% of the time its the users fault due to not knowing how to drive, not maintaining the life of the car with regular maintenance, or just doing stupid crap.

That's my run down. So to those of you that claim this person or that person is a fanboy, have you been to the different shops in the Mid-A? What's your knowledge based value of input?
Old 04-22-2009 | 07:45 AM
djamps

No offence on my vote, Jeremy...I didn't think the thread would last more than a day or two haha

you know I love you guys!
Old 04-22-2009 | 07:45 AM
abui01

Seems like someone was busying PM'ing/IM'ing people to come and vote on this thread unless a bunch of people from "out-of-region" suddenly decided to jump into a mid-a thread and start voting one day. We'll just check that off as coincidence ya? Holddup... I thought we all had real work to do? Heck... I'm tired of flipping burgers.. can I get paid to ask people to come vote on a thread instead?

I find it extremely hilarious that this has turned into some sort of "competition" that the need to take extra steps to get others involved via PM/IM/E-mail is necessary. I hope this thread isn't threatening any1's business or hurting any1's ego... it's just some silly guy named fireboy who loves Hill's Garage and wants to help every1 in the Mid-A out... is that so bad? It's suppose to be an informative thread... who cares where the votes go?

At the end of the day - people will take their cars to whomever they chose regardless of what poll appeared on my350z.com (of all places it's an internet forum for crying out loud.. not the end of the world.) If the shop's work stands for itself - what's the worry!!
Old 04-22-2009 | 07:49 AM
NX2KDET
Cpt. Nauti Raw

Originally Posted by abui01
Seems like someone was busying PM'ing/IM'ing people to come and vote on this thread unless a bunch of people from "out-of-region" suddenly decided to jump into a mid-a thread and start voting one day. We'll just check that off as coincidence ya? Holddup... I thought we all had real work to do? Heck... I'm tired of flipping burgers.. can I get paid to ask people to come vote on a thread instead?

I find it extremely hilarious that this has turned into some sort of "competition" that the need to take extra steps to get others involved via PM/IM/E-mail is necessary. I hope this thread isn't threatening any1's business or hurting any1's ego... it's just some silly guy named fireboy who loves Hill's Garage and wants to help every1 in the Mid-A out... is that so bad? It's suppose to be an informative thread... who cares where the votes go?

At the end of the day - people will take their cars to whomever they chose regardless of what poll appeared on my350z.com (of all places it's an internet forum for crying out loud.. not the end of the world.) If the shop's work stands for itself - what's the worry!!
Your speaking like a true 18 year old now, my how you have grown.
Old 04-22-2009 | 07:53 AM
2004Black350z
Exhaust Whore
Premier Member

Grammer comment again da sorry I'm on my iPhone going down the highway. I think if sum1 wants to create a proper thread ask what shop do u prefer and what they did to your car ex greddy TT or popcharger. Then list a scale from one to ten based on a few variations
Old 04-22-2009 | 07:53 AM
abui01

Originally Posted by NX2KDET
Your speaking like a true 18 year old now, my how you have grown.
^LOL I try to be, my mommy corrects me when I get out of hand and threatens to take the Nintendo/internet away... so I'm doing better! BTW, you're invited to my sweet 18th b-day bash @ LOVE. It's a bit embarassing to have "X's" on your hands, but I'll live.
Old 04-22-2009 | 07:54 AM
yizhao

Honestly, .steeeeZ33.'s shop for the win !!!

Quick Reply: SHOPS of the MID-A, which one do you preffer