Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.
View Poll Results: Which MID-A Shop do you Preffer
Function tuned
37.61%
Hill's Garage
10.26%
Elite Performance
12.82%
Ptuning
4.27%
PF Super cars
5.13%
DIY
15.38%
AAM
41.03%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

SHOPS of the MID-A, which one do you preffer

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 08:55 AM
Jeremy@Altered
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You, Nick, actually couldnt be more wrong. I physically worked on every single car at my shop for 2.5 years. I built EVERY single VQ myself from my shop, i have tuned OVER 300 VQs ranging from 240whp to 720whp. I worked at my shop alone for the first 6 months, hired one guy after that and always had a packed shop with over 15 cars in it. All of them Nissan and Infiniti. I know more about the 350z and G35 platform and the VQ35 than probably 99.9% of the people out there. Its really rare to ask me a question about them that i dont immediately know the answer to.

Please do your homework before you assume. We all know what that gets you.

We can take care of the VVEL issue now that we figured it all out. That is the only problem with your car. A few months ago, no one had it figured out and all the shops were trying to cover the issue up. It is now something we personally here have under control now.

Stop by one day and we can wire it up for you.

Last edited by Jeremy@Altered; 04-22-2009 at 08:57 AM.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:58 AM
Driven1
Professional

Originally Posted by Jeremy@Altered
Well, Cleaning the slate is now in effect. We are going way over and beyond to make sure everyone is happy now. You will not hear another bad thing about AAM from the second i stepped foot in here on January 12th.
Good luck...again. And I do mean that in the most sincere way Jeremy. You've got the employees around you like Clint, etc to do it. There's just ONE thing that you have to overcome and his vote trumps everyone who works there....hint, hint.

The reflash thread is a perfect example of what you have to overcome...but Im sure you know that by now after being there for 4 months. Im sure you're getting a better understanding.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:59 AM
Jeremy@Altered
Banned

Originally Posted by twitch579
Its funny every single person I come across here in FL that has a modded Z or G boosted or NA is crying about how we lost the best shop with the best VQ Tuner/Mechanic (Jeremy Tibbs Performance Factory). Were all at a loss here now and in the dark because we wouldnt let ANYONE else tune our cars.

AAM has my vote.

Thanks man!! I had to close it up, lack of employees who think and feel as passionate as i do will drive one person crazy. I am a perfectionist and no one will ever work as hard as i do. It was my only choice.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:59 AM
thefireboy

its funny every single person i come across here in fl that has a modded z or g boosted or na is crying about how we lost the best shop with the best vq tuner/mechanic (jeremy tibbs performance factory). Were all at a loss here now and in the dark because we wouldnt let anyone else tune our cars.

Aam has my vote.
hmm but yet again you have not experienced aam nor have you had work done by them..this is for mid-a people..
Old 04-22-2009, 09:01 AM
Jeremy@Altered
Banned

Originally Posted by Driven1
Good luck...again. And I do mean that in the most sincere way Jeremy. You've got the employees around you like Clint, etc to do it. There's just ONE thing that you have to overcome and his vote trumps everyone who works there....hint, hint.

The reflash thread is a perfect example of what you have to overcome...but Im sure you know that by now after being there for 4 months. Im sure you're getting a better understanding.

Thanks man, I am trying to take over everything as much as possible so i can make sure it all gets handled as fast and accurately as we can do it. Communication is the key, and we are working on it to the best of our abilities.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:01 AM
lek at ngc

Please do your homework before you assume. We all know what that gets you.
I'm not sure replying in such a tone will get you anywhere.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:02 AM
djamps

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by thefireboy
and JT i am so glad you have such a following, and i am so glade they have had so much work done at AAM and have had all good experiences from AAM.. i guess you have had alot of cars shipped to AAM in the last few months uh...
Were all at a loss here now and in the dark because we wouldnt let ANYONE else tune our cars.

AAM has my vote.
and other posts similar to the above...

thefireboy, I know you're trying to be sarcastic ... but Jeremy was hired/relocated for more than just his personality...Mike not only is trying to clean up the reputation but he IS a business person you know.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:02 AM
Jeremy@Altered
Banned

Originally Posted by thefireboy
hmm but yet again you have not experienced aam nor have you had work done by them..this is for mid-a people..

Well i am sure if ANY of those people that voted needed parts, they will call me up. This is asking their favorite shop in the Mid-A.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:04 AM
Jeremy@Altered
Banned

Originally Posted by lek at ngc
I'm not sure replying in such a tone will get you anywhere.
Well, again, my tone is reactive, not proactive. I always stand up for what i believe in and i will always defend my reputation and livelihood.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:08 AM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oops I meant to vote for FTuned, but I picked PTuning. Oh well, PTuning has done good work on my Z as well (SPC camber kit install, with alignment).

FTuned takes the cake though. JWT Clutch/Flywheel install -- same day pick up. Brake pads, rotors, SS lines, spacers w/ elongated studs -- same day pickup. Test pipes w/non foulers, plenum spacer, Y pipe -- few hours.

I know I could have done some of these myself, but I'd rather spend a little more money have it done right the first time.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:08 AM
lek at ngc

Well, again, my tone is reactive, not proactive. I always stand up for what i believe in and i will always defend my reputation and livelihood.
well i think most of the negativity is towards likely the one person who's been there for ages. Also you say that its reactive but being a person who's selling service you should have a cooler head and stand by your points without sounding aggressive or upset. It's part of the politics but if you don't care then my point is moot.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:13 AM
lek at ngc

Default I'd like to summarize the thread for everyone....

When a shop blows up a Z/G motor... they end up coming to DAVE @ FUNCTIONTUNED to have it done the right way. Now that should give you all the info needed. If you ever visit Dave you'll see a Z/G there that had work done by another shop and needs a new build.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:15 AM
lek at ngc

anyways... I'm leaving... don't talk smack about my post while I'm gone. lol
Old 04-22-2009, 09:16 AM
Driven1
Professional

Well i am sure if ANY of those people that voted needed parts, they will call me up. This is asking their favorite shop in the Mid-A.
I honestly thought the original intent was to see who would let what shop actually work on their car? With some of the vendors voting it's throws in the "buying parts" aspect which the other shops don't even really do and was never really a question.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:17 AM
NX2KDET
Cpt. Nauti Raw

When a shop blows up a Z/G motor... they end up coming to DAVE @ FUNCTIONTUNED to have it done the right way. Now that should give you all the info needed. If you ever visit Dave you'll see a Z/G there that had work done by another shop and needs a new build.
+1 He has never had a motor fail in the 1 year warranty program, I dont recall him blowing a motor at all. As far as Jeremys comment, if you are that driven and determined to do a 180º on AAM's rep than I am all for it, I have no Problem with AAM shop it was just the guy cuttin the pay checks that I didn't agree with.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:18 AM
Clint@Altered
Banned

CORRECTION

When a shop blows up a Z/G motor... they end up coming to AAM to have it done the right way. Now that should give you all the info needed. If you ever visit ME or JEREMY you'll see many a Z/G here that had work done by another shop and needs a new build.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:21 AM
NX2KDET
Cpt. Nauti Raw

Originally Posted by Clint@Altered
CORRECTION

When a shop blows up a Z/G motor... they end up coming to F:T to have it done the right way. Now that should give you all the info needed. If you ever visit Dave you'll see many a Z/G here that had work done by another shop and needs a new build.
Fixed.

Just playin.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:21 AM
lek at ngc

^^ they must not be from this area... lol since you want to make it a pissing contest...
Old 04-22-2009, 09:22 AM
Clint@Altered
Banned

OK, lets not turn this thread that direction. Lek, no need to post a comment like that. Just about everyone else has been respectful posting in this thread. No need to turn this into a battle.

Last edited by Clint@Altered; 04-22-2009 at 09:27 AM.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:23 AM
Jeremy@Altered
Banned

We can just agree to disagree here, i have seen some stuff that has come from other local shops and i have showed the owners all the issues i have found. They will be lifetime AAM customers now. Time will tell my friend.

Quick Reply: SHOPS of the MID-A, which one do you preffer