Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.
View Poll Results: Which MID-A Shop do you Preffer
Function tuned
37.61%
Hill's Garage
10.26%
Elite Performance
12.82%
Ptuning
4.27%
PF Super cars
5.13%
DIY
15.38%
AAM
41.03%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

SHOPS of the MID-A, which one do you preffer

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 03:56 PM
thefireboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

all i am going to say is that i know my experiences that i have gotten and who i have gotten them from.. and i know what shops i recommend and why i recommend them.. and the people that i have recommended to these shops have left nothing but happy.. and i expect nothing less from those shops..
i made this thread in hopes people would be truth full in voting soley becasue they have had experiance with that shop not with an employee or owner of another shop that works at a shop in the MID-A now and to educate the new members that are looking for a shop to trust with their cars...since this thread could not stay true to just the people of the mid-a. i will continue to recommend the new people the people that i trust. and as well as everybody else in the MID-A that know the history of the shops and the history of the employees of the shop and what they know how to work on...
my personal opinions
Old 04-22-2009, 04:09 PM
Lv2DC_Z
SpecOneSociety

Function: Tuned always has my business. I'm getting a appointment to get my other car worked on with Dave. Sorry. I trolled the forum 2 months before I moved here in Dec2007. Then I looked into buying a Z. Made it to the first National Z Club *and last???* and I was hooked.
Old 04-22-2009, 04:28 PM
ToastZ

Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Jeremy@Altered
Hey man,

AAM has a lot of haters up here in the Mid A. They pretty much just think its cool to hate on us here for a few stupid reasons.
Most of them have never even been to the shop. They started this poll thread that is rediculous but we are trying to make it blow back up in their faces. Its pretty much a bunch
of Function Tuned friends and they want to make us look bad.

Look here for me really fast and vote for us, its kinda stupid i know but at least they will learn not to mess with me.

https://my350z.com/forum/mid-atlantic...u-preffer.html

Jeremy Tibbs
Jeremy,

Not sure why you sent me this pm,.. especially since I live down south, no where near mid-A

I would have deleted it and tossed it aside but I practice what I believe.

Please explain - your words are sad words, not for this community. This community is better than the words you present. Have you not realized we are taking this site & this platform to a different level,... a much higher level.

Very dissapointed in Altered Atmosphere,... very dissapointed in all of this.

- paul
Old 04-22-2009, 04:36 PM
07nismoz

^that is crazy.
Old 04-22-2009, 04:43 PM
UMW350Z

Originally Posted by abui01
I think someone should make a "What Tuner would you take your car to in the Mid-A?" I could care less about a dang shop... I want my car to be run like it was from the factory!

1. Mike
2. Jeremy
3. Dave
4. Frank

etc. etc. etc.
random thought: for some reason I see a GTR in your future
Old 04-22-2009, 04:47 PM
UMW350Z

Originally Posted by ToastZ
Jeremy,

Not sure why you sent me this pm,.. especially since I live down south, no where near mid-A

Please explain - your words are sad words, not for this community. This community is better than the words you present. Have you not realized we are taking this site & this platform to a different level,... a much higher level.

- paul

WTF at the PM you quoted.... Remind me never to play cards with this guy if he wants to be a 'mechanic' with the deck
Old 04-22-2009, 04:59 PM
djParis
Retired Racer

^ That is ridiculous
Old 04-22-2009, 05:11 PM
PhiSig
Wheel Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, ToastZ, you just poured fuel on the fire.

Theres too much childish ploting going on, JT you have an awesome rep on this forum, don't tarnish it by trying to get down on the same level as the haters. AAM needs to continue building their renewed positive rep with JT at the helm, keep smiling even in the face of adversity, and turn out some bulletproof reliable tuned Z/G's as proof they are moving forward. Only time will tell.

In the meantime -- J&D FTW
Old 04-22-2009, 05:17 PM
buzzardmountain

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

That's some epic fail right thur....
Old 04-22-2009, 05:19 PM
Z33@SIM

jeeesus! :facepalm

could have just let your nice reputation and work speak for itself but guess not...
Old 04-22-2009, 05:53 PM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Jeremy@Altered
Hey man,

AAM has a lot of haters up here in the Mid A. They pretty much just think its cool to hate on us here for a few stupid reasons.
Most of them have never even been to the shop. They started this poll thread that is rediculous but we are trying to make it blow back up in their faces. Its pretty much a bunch
of Function Tuned friends and they want to make us look bad.

Look here for me really fast and vote for us, its kinda stupid i know but at least they will learn not to mess with me.

https://my350z.com/forum/mid-atlanti...u-preffer.html

Jeremy Tibbs
Jeremy,

- paul

On a serious note, Jeremy like I suggested defending yourself/AAM is not gonna make things better. Keep your head up and let the good work speaks for itself?

PS: I don't think Frank even uses the internet but it seems like we all still love him. Good work speaks for itself!
Old 04-22-2009, 06:03 PM
G35sc

Not really a poster here, but I had an FI G35. AAM and JT (supplied parts) did an incredible job on that car. I think it says a lot that I take my 08 vette to them now, when they don't even specialize in domestics. Re. JT's message, I think the point was to contact a handful of customers who are basically defined by a lack of whining over $40 problems. Let's face it, most of the "AAM sucks..." posts on the internet are started by 22 year old boy racers who hold a grudge because they had to spend their dinner money on an extra part when their used twin turbo kit blew up. Seriously, just keeping it real. Every single person I have ever seen whining in that shop (and I've been in that shop A LOT) was 1) under the age of 25, and 2) complaining about something ridiculous, i.e. the bill should be $320, not $335. Someone who can't come up with $15 for a solid job has no business modifying a $30K-50K sport or GT car. It's insulting...to the car.
Old 04-22-2009, 06:13 PM
XKR

Originally Posted by NX2KDET
Every other shop the votes are from the Mid-A 26 voters for AAM and 3 are from the Mid-A I thought DJamps votes were funny

^^^^^^^Right it would be to suggest which shop to go to, I don't see how all those Florida guys can suggest a shop in a state they never stepped foot in.
HMMMM......SO Jeremy is from Florida......the Florida guys seem to like him and his skills...so why cant they vote for his new shop???
Old 04-22-2009, 06:16 PM
jeedup35

Function Tuned FTW....
Old 04-22-2009, 06:19 PM
XKR

Jeremy,

- paul

Old 04-22-2009, 06:29 PM
thefireboy

Originally Posted by G35sc
Not really a poster here, but I had an FI G35. AAM and JT (supplied parts) did an incredible job on that car. I think it says a lot that I take my 08 vette to them now, when they don't even specialize in domestics. Re. JT's message, I think the point was to contact a handful of customers who are basically defined by a lack of whining over $40 problems. Let's face it, most of the "AAM sucks..." posts on the internet are started by 22 year old boy racers who hold a grudge because they had to spend their dinner money on an extra part when their used twin turbo kit blew up. Seriously, just keeping it real. Every single person I have ever seen whining in that shop (and I've been in that shop A LOT) was 1) under the age of 25, and 2) complaining about something ridiculous, i.e. the bill should be $320, not $335. Someone who can't come up with $15 for a solid job has no business modifying a $30K-50K sport or GT car. It's insulting...to the car.
then obviously you need to really do your research because alot of us that are having or have had problems with AAM are not. how about you keep it real and really do your research.. and get off your knees.. and its obvious that you are somebody that is hiding behind a screen name that they just made up today because you are to afraid to say something like this in your real name..... and really after reading the pm that was writting really says just how bad that certain people at AAM have brought the shop to become the fail that they have become...this is my owm opinion..and really hmm all i am going to say is its all about the tuner how about you go talk to the 300gt guys about AAM/MIKE MAFFEY... and see what they have to say about him. they dont delete threads over there.. the last time i checked
Old 04-22-2009, 06:32 PM
Greddytwin350Z

Wow, so much BS on here! Why do we even start these forums? We are all going to vote for the shops that do the best work for us. People who never had any of these shops tune "thier own personal cars" should stay off the post!!! To much crap that isnt even relative. I had Frank (AAM) do my install and all I can say is the man knows his stuff! I had alot done by Frank and trust him to touch my baby! Trust to me is alot. I also had Mike (AAM) tune my car. My car had 6100 babied miles on it at install. I am the original owner who ordered and received it with 1.2 miles on it. I now have 7k miles on it. I bought alot of AAM parts along with the Greddy install. The car pulls like a raped ape! I understand being a stock blocked F/I car what my limitations are. I dont abuse my car at all! I am not bashing anyone or shop! Just speaking about my own experiences at AAM. I never felt like I was taken advantage of or that my car wasnt built/tuned correctly. I understand that people have blown thier motors from a AAM tuned car. But does anyone out there truly think every shop has never blown a motor. There is one thing that seperates shops. When my car was tuned I was told by Mike that if a problem should arrise that I just needed to pick up the phone and call. Well it happened! Nothing bad, just a small hiccup when it switched to the UTEC. After a call I was told to simply bring it back down to get it out. Mike retuned it until it made the switch perfectly. I am not a sponsored customer! I will be paying back my 401k for the next 4yrs for this adventure!!!! Well thats my story, I am sure guys will bash me but who cares! I am not apposed to trying other shops. I just havent yet.
Old 04-22-2009, 06:34 PM
Clint@Altered
Banned

^ Hey how are you! Sounds like your car is doing well. See you round the shop this summer!

Also, this thread is getting out of hand - cant we all just get a long, lol?

We're here to offer a service which help customers achieve a certain goal - we're not here to screw anyone over. Stigma man stigma, no one can let it go. It's too bad because we have the most out-of-this-world staff and facility, all here to help out and offer our services to the mid-a and beyond. A Lot of the Mid-A hates for no good reason at all, the majority of which have not even been to our shop or met our employees - its just the "norm" or the "cool thing to do" to hate. Regardless, we'll keep churning out productive, successful build after build, and you guys can keep on hating. But we're not going anywhere.

Last edited by Clint@Altered; 04-22-2009 at 06:48 PM.
Old 04-22-2009, 06:45 PM
thefireboy

i think its funny how AAM is supposely the largest Nissan perforamce shop on the east coast when you dont even have a nissan or infiniti technician working there..
Old 04-22-2009, 06:49 PM
Greddytwin350Z

Originally Posted by Clint@Altered
^ Hey how are you! Sounds like your car is doing well. See you round the shop this summer!

Also, this thread is getting out of hand - cant we all just get a long, lol?
Hey Clint, tough crowd on here When is AAM's next meet? If possible I would like to finally make it to one. Lst Sat I got the Z out of storage for the first time since last Sept. Not to sound like a total *** but my hands still sweat when I drive it The only other upgrade I see in the future is a different LSD. Something that will handle what I have with no problems down the road. Whats the best out there? Cusco , Tomei, Quaife or something else?
Thanks, Robert

Quick Reply: SHOPS of the MID-A, which one do you preffer