Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Mid-A Girlfriends/Wives FTL!

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 08:45 AM
PolarBearppw
Just a radiator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by y_b_lamron
yeah, I am sad to report it's true. Not only that but he continued to try and talk about cars. He kept calling my 350 a 300
Man that's some total fail right there.

As for my two cents I recently started dating a girl I've known for about 8 years. She isn't super knowledgeable about cars but she asks questions and seems to grasp what I'm saying pretty well.

She came with me to the Skyline meet on the 10th and I was pleasantly surprised with how much she enjoyed it. She had no problems operating my camera and after a couple 2nd and 3rd gear pulls to pass slow moving cars she told me my car pulled pretty hard lol

She wants to come out to Chic on Friday and Skyline again on Sunday.
Old 05-20-2009, 08:56 AM
y_b_lamron

Hey Rob! She sounds promising

I've also had a date with a die hard mustang guy. It was a HORRIBLE date. He kept talking about how import cars suck Than he asked what I drove. The look on his face was priceless haha
Old 05-20-2009, 10:11 AM
TrinitySRT
Banned

I've also had a date with a die hard mustang guy. It was a HORRIBLE date. He kept talking about how import cars suck Than he asked what I drove. The look on his face was priceless haha
didnt you see what they said before... never date a guy that drives a mustang!!!!!!
Old 05-20-2009, 10:14 AM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL I'm curious what car he drives!
Old 05-20-2009, 01:57 PM
y_b_lamron

Originally Posted by TrinitySRT
didnt you see what they said before... never date a guy that drives a mustang!!!!!!
I didn't know he drove one when I said yes
Old 05-20-2009, 03:04 PM
abui01

I didn't know he drove one when I said yes
Tsk tsk tsk, you have failed me my dear... a woman must ALWAYS ask these questions:

I'm going to have to add in, "What do you drive?"
Old 05-20-2009, 03:21 PM
y_b_lamron

well, I try not to come across as a shallow person and like to give a guy a chance regardless of what he drives. I'm scared if I ask and they say something crappy I will be turned off right away

lol @ ***** size
Old 05-20-2009, 04:32 PM
abui01

I'm scared if I ask and they say something crappy I will be turned off right away
I took this girl out on our first date and before we went, here's how our conversation went:

Me, "Yeah, when I call just peep outside the window and you'll spot a brown 1980 hoooptie."

Her, "haha.. What's that?"

Me, "It's a hand-me-down car from my grandpa back in the days. It's a bit rusted up and I haven't had the money to patch up the holes so if we drive over a puddle your feet might get splashed w/ water... I also gotta warn you though that the passenger side door is kinda F'd up so you're gonna hafta climb through the window... is that cool?"

Her, "That's awesome! Just like in the movies?!?"

Man, she was a total sport about it

However, they do say that you can tell a lot about a man's personality by what he drives and how he drives. But for girls, I always check how she organizes her purse/wallet and what type of shoes she wears - that tells a whole crap load about a chick.
Old 05-20-2009, 07:20 PM
TrinitySRT
Banned

im not gonna lie.. I usually ask guys what they drive.... right before the job question lol
Old 05-20-2009, 09:52 PM
Barnabas
National Z Club President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^ Shallow
Old 05-21-2009, 05:48 AM
WYZIWYG

Received 208 Likes on 155 Posts

im not gonna lie.. I usually ask guys what they drive.... right before the job question lol
So...uh, how's that workin' out for ya'?
Old 05-21-2009, 05:56 AM
bigslim350Z

Are you expecting that they have a certain job in particular or just that they are employed with a steady income (no matter how much or how little)?

Girls no longer have to rely on a rich guy to "take care of them" since they hold many high up positions in government and industry with good salaries as well.

So, hopefully the "job question" just ensures that your date will have his own income so that you can split the bills during dates.

Just my $.02
Old 05-21-2009, 05:58 AM
Barnabas
National Z Club President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think girls who worry about how MUCh a guy makes are shallow.. shouldnt they more worry about the person he is??? Ultimitely That is what you really need. Well unless your really shallow then all you need is money...

Last edited by Barnabas; 05-21-2009 at 06:03 AM.
Old 05-21-2009, 06:36 AM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Originally Posted by bigslim350Z
Are you expecting that they have a certain job in particular or just that they are employed with a steady income (no matter how much or how little)?

Girls no longer have to rely on a rich guy to "take care of them" since they hold many high up positions in government and industry with good salaries as well.

So, hopefully the "job question" just ensures that your date will have his own income so that you can split the bills during dates.

Just my $.02
Slim's stepping up his game
Old 05-21-2009, 06:43 AM
JohnnyHT

Is that how you measure success? The most wealthy people I know still drive a 90's civic that's been paid off for a very long time. These individuals clear in the millions.

If anything, I'd ask what kind of 401K they have and what percentage of their income goes to savings.

A fancy car doesn't help raise a family.
Old 05-21-2009, 06:45 AM
JohnnyHT

To the OP: I'm fortunate enough to have a fiance that is understanding and realizes that my hobby is very important to me. She "allows" me to have my time away from her as these things are a very important part to any healthy relationship. Personal time is personal time no matter what you are doing with it. Some of these women should undestand this and grab ahold of their insecurities. :P

Last edited by JohnnyHT; 05-21-2009 at 09:49 AM.
Old 05-21-2009, 08:04 AM
Jgrizzle

I usually have to do trades. Like if I want to go to somewhere for a car thing, we have to go on a picnic or wine tasting or something. Its all about balance.
Old 05-21-2009, 09:31 AM
abui01

It's true, on the first date it's 100% personality. A woman will fall in love with a man for who he is regardless if he's income'less/car'less. But the question lies: What is the driving factor for her STAYING with him.

Therefore, I can understand women who raise the question of what job a man has (not so sure about the car question) I don't believe they actually care what he's doing or if he's making money, I believe they care more about the fact that he's doing something w/ his life/has some goals/has a future and/or career, aka potential father figure/provider for her off-spring.

I've talked to some of the most shallow women in the universe, and believe it or not - they don't want a millionaire. In fact, a guy who makes a lot of money is not even part of the equation, it's sort of an urban legend and is more glamorized by television. Therefore we watch all these tall-tale stories of "gold diggers" and how she only went after him for his money - but in the real world the chances of you meeting such is probably 1/1000.

Let's face it, if you're a guy or a girl - you're gonna want your significant other to have a freakin' job. No one wants a loser - nor a dumbass. If he/she doesn't have a job that just means they're LAZY! So when a woman asks what your occupation is, it's not necessarily a shallow question; she's more so checking if you're going anywhere in life other than inside her pants.
Old 05-21-2009, 09:35 AM
bb1314
da Terminator!

^ What about the ones that straight up ask you, "How much do you make in a year?"
Old 05-21-2009, 09:37 AM
WYZIWYG

Received 208 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by abui01
It's true, on the first date it's 100% personality. A woman will fall in love with a man for who he is regardless if he's income'less/car'less. But the question lies: What is the driving factor for her STAYING with him.

Therefore, I can understand women who raise the question of what job a man has (not so sure about the car question) I don't believe they actually care what he's doing or if he's making money, I believe they care more about the fact that he's doing something w/ his life/has some goals/has a future and/or career, aka potential father figure/provider for her off-spring.

I've talked to some of the most shallow women in the universe, and believe it or not - they don't want a millionaire. In fact, a guy who makes a lot of money is not even part of the equation, it's sort of an urban legend and is more glamorized by television. Therefore we watch all these tall-tale stories of "gold diggers" and how she only went after him for his money - but in the real world the chances of you meeting such is probably 1/1000.

Let's face it, if you're a guy or a girl - you're gonna want your significant other to have a freakin' job.
No one wants a loser - nor a dumbass. If he/she doesn't have a job that just means they're LAZY! So when a woman asks what your occupation is, it's not necessarily a shallow question; she's more so checking if you're going anywhere in life other than inside her pants.
WAT? I know a whole bunch of women who complain about loser BF's with no job [unless you count getting the highest score in MADDEN as a career], no car, etc... And I also see countless instances of well dressed mid-20s girl sitting next to doo-rag wearing thug on the subway each morning. She goes off to her office and he goes....well I don't know where he goes but I see this way too much on the Metro.

Quick Reply: Mid-A Girlfriends/Wives FTL!