Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Mid-A Epic Random-ness Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 09:28 AM
Chen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pfregeolle
A flushot doesn't cure any type of infection...And brit never wears underwear. hahaha

Who wants to go take a day trip to go snowboarding?!???!
She said she has the flu. i don't think going commando will cause infections lol.

Dude i should do the ken block thing and drive on the mountain while you bust some mad tricks!
Old 11-23-2009, 09:28 AM
kyle22

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

i like to snowboard...where do you usually go?
Old 11-23-2009, 09:29 AM
Chen

Originally Posted by bb1314
I saw those cool looking goggles going for like $300 each!!! I want to buy it just so I can tell people "yea... I snowboard".
Get a bike helmet and drive with it. You can be like "yeah, im a race car driver"
Old 11-23-2009, 09:36 AM
pfregeolle

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by kyle22
i like to snowboard...where do you usually go?
I went to Wisp on my birthday last year.....in the rain hahaha and I take day trips up to Liberty occasionally. But I'm going up to Seven Springs the last weekend of January and I'm stoked to go on that trip.

Brit didn't have any flu. They did a test and it was NEG! LIAR!!!! Plus a flushot doesn't guarantee you won't get the flu.
Old 11-23-2009, 09:49 AM
Chen

Originally Posted by pfregeolle
Brit didn't have any flu. They did a test and it was NEG! LIAR!!!! Plus a flushot doesn't guarantee you won't get the flu.
She said she did on friday or saturday or something like that.

So if the flu shot some sort of way the CDC raises money? They inject us with a very very outdated dose of the influenza and hope we don't get sick? Or is it like the placebo effect on our brains? We get a shot and think we're immune from getting sick? Same with the H1N1 vaccine, they just label it H1N1 vaccine when its just a regular flu shot?
Old 11-23-2009, 09:53 AM
Jgrizzle

Originally Posted by Chen
She said she did on friday or saturday or something like that.

So if the flu shot some sort of way the CDC raises money? They inject us with a very very outdated dose of the influenza and hope we don't get sick? Or is it like the placebo effect on our brains? We get a shot and think we're immune from getting sick? Same with the H1N1 vaccine, they just label it H1N1 vaccine when its just a regular flu shot?
hahahaha

I think its neither. Vaccines are not a "cure all" The h1n1 is made the same exact way as the regular one (which is updated every year but there is some guess work as to which strain will be prevalent).

It is my opinion that H1N1 is a way for the CDC to gauge its responsiveness against a pandemic. Thats why the publicity surrounding it is so high
Old 11-23-2009, 09:56 AM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jgrizzle
hahahaha

I think its neither. Vaccines are not a "cure all" The h1n1 is made the same exact way as the regular one (which is updated every year but there is some guess work as to which strain will be prevalent).

It is my opinion that H1N1 is a way for the CDC to gauge its responsiveness against a pandemic. Thats why the publicity surrounding it is so high
OMG stop you scientist. I have no idea what you're talking about...
Old 11-23-2009, 09:59 AM
Chen

Originally Posted by Jgrizzle
hahahaha

Ok so the H1n1 vaccine is just another "regular" dose of the influenza vaccine. It does not protect us from the H1n1 virus. The CDC says it is the vaccine for the h1n1 when its really not. It is just to put people at ease since everyone was/is going apeshit about it.

From what i've heard the "swine flu" did not originate from a pig/swine. It came from humans. There were some children or a kid with the flu and he was playing with some pigs in their pens and some how passed it to the pig and from there on it mutated.
Old 11-23-2009, 10:11 AM
Barnabas
National Z Club President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im down for a day trip to snowboard paul!!!!
Old 11-23-2009, 10:22 AM
Jgrizzle

Ok so the H1n1 vaccine is just another "regular" dose of the influenza vaccine. It does not protect us from the H1n1 virus. The CDC says it is the vaccine for the h1n1 when its really not. It is just to put people at ease since everyone was/is going apeshit about it.

From what i've heard the "swine flu" did not originate from a pig/swine. It came from humans. There were some children or a kid with the flu and he was playing with some pigs in their pens and some how passed it to the pig and from there on it mutated.
No H1N1 is specifically made to combat the current/most common form of H1N1. The regular flu is specifically made to combat the most current/common form of regular flu. So H1N1 will work. You really dont need to get it unless you are in the high risk groups. Most people get swine flu and dont even know they have it.

Flu vaccines are made in fertilized eggs. They have huge chicken farms where tons of eggs are fertilized and raised. The eggs are then infected with the whatever flu you want. It could be flu virus A or b or H1N1 whichever you want. After the virus starts to reproduce itself over and over you can make vaccine from the eggs, basically purifying it. 1 egg per one injected dose. I thinks its like 1 egg gives you 10 nasal sprays but that takes longer to make. This is also why you need to be careful if you are allergic to eggs. The reason it took a while is the drug companies where in full production of the current seasonal flu. They had to change over production and wait for the eggs to get to the right gestation period, i think like ten weeks. The H1N! is made the same way as all the other flu vaccines have been made. Thats why it was available so "quickly")
Old 11-23-2009, 10:24 AM
Jgrizzle

They are reasearching making the vaccine in Dog kidney cells now. Less time (you dont have to wait for eggs to grow) and less people will be allergic to it (pure vaccine no egg bi products. FDA trials are going on now I believe
Old 11-23-2009, 10:28 AM
Barnabas

I have both the H1N1 and the regular soo hopefully Ill be ok lol
Old 11-23-2009, 10:29 AM
Chen

What i'm saying is what if the h1n1 vaccine is not actually a vaccine to combat the most common form of h1n1. What if the vaccine is just the vaccine for flu virus A and they peel off the label and stick on a label for h1n1. the companies making the vaccine would basically say "hey i have the h1n1 vaccine" but you're actually just getting the typical flu shot that will protect you from the common flu and not the h1n1 strand.
Old 11-23-2009, 10:44 AM
phunkenstein

Chen has AIDS

omg pandemic
Old 11-23-2009, 10:50 AM
Chen

Originally Posted by phunkenstein
Chen has AIDS

omg pandemic
Brian's mom gave me the aids zomg

omg ***demic! oh noes!! <3
Old 11-23-2009, 11:07 AM
woodrow88

lol yall are crazy
Old 11-23-2009, 11:13 AM
Barnabas

What i'm saying is what if the h1n1 vaccine is not actually a vaccine to combat the most common form of h1n1. What if the vaccine is just the vaccine for flu virus A and they peel off the label and stick on a label for h1n1. the companies making the vaccine would basically say "hey i have the h1n1 vaccine" but you're actually just getting the typical flu shot that will protect you from the common flu and not the h1n1 strand.
then why would they give it away free??? it would just be one big waste of money
Old 11-23-2009, 11:37 AM
Jgrizzle

Originally Posted by Barnabas
then why would they give it away free??? it would just be one big waste of money
They arent giving it away for free. You already paid for it with tax dollars. The gov't bought it all to give to the public. When things like this are purchased (chemicals, drugs, vaccines) are purchased by the govt they are required to go through quality control measures that are put in place by the govt. So its possible to just be getting the "wrong one" but its just as easy to make "right one"
Old 11-23-2009, 11:51 AM
WYZIWYG

Received 207 Likes on 154 Posts

After an entire day of trying to understand javascript code, this thread just made my head hurt even worse...
And where the hell were you taking pictures of models yesterday E10? It was way too cold for bikinis/thongs yesterday. :0P
Old 11-23-2009, 11:52 AM
pfregeolle

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Chen you're freaking weird....hahaha

Barney, slopes open around the beginning of Dec. Let's plan a date Woody you're invited of course. Jgriz, you can come to drink and laugh at us as we fall and tumble down the mountain.

Quick Reply: Mid-A Epic Random-ness Discussion Thread