Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Mid-A Epic Random-ness Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 07:54 AM
NNOCENT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i drove my car today without fenders or front fascia.

but the heated seats were worth it.

Old 01-12-2010, 08:06 AM
WYZIWYG

Received 207 Likes on 154 Posts

One Reason Why Crutchfield Might Have Lost a Customer [lulz]

[Cliffs: I want a second screen in the cubby and asked a simple question that stumped "the King"].

<Original msg sent>:

I have a 2005 Nissan 350Z with an after- market DVD navigation system [AVIC D3] where the stock head unit used to be. I'd like to install a second video screen in the top cubby hole compartment but have several questions before ordering:

1. Since the AVIC D3 already handles the navigation/music function what could this second screen be used for?
2. What is the best recommend size/model to fit into the cubby and allow the fold down door to still close?
3. Would a second monitor interfere with the function of the AVIC D3?

Thanks for any answers you can provide.

<The answer they gave>:

Hello,
Thanks for your e-mail, and for shopping the Crutchfield web site.

I will be happy to help with your questions on the Pioneer AVIC-D3.
In answer to your 1st question, the benefit of adding a monitor to your system gives rear passengers the ability to watch DVDs while the vehicle is in motion. Due to laws in all 50 states, the monitor has to be installed behind the driver's seat. It is illegal to install a monitor in the dash. I hope that helps.
In answer to your next question, we do not recommend you install the monitor in your dash. Due to the legal issues, we do not recommend this type of installation. If you are willing to install the monitor behind your driver's seat, we offer several options. Here they are:
http://www.crutchfield.com/g_170250/...ens.html?tp=79
In response to your final question, the Pioneer AVIC-D3 is designed to work with a monitor. If connected, you will not have any interference problems. I hope that helps.
When you're ready to make your purchase, you can do so from our web site. Please enter my name, Elvis, as your Advisor as you fill out our Complete Online Order Form. You can type it in the "Advisor's Name" field of the "Additional Information" section in the Checkout process. If you prefer, you can also call me, toll free, at the phone number below.

Thanks again for your e-mail. Please let me know whenever you need anything else.
Elvis
Crutchfield Advisor

<my response>:

Elvis:

1. A 350Z is a two-seater vehicle and I sincerely doubt anyone would be watching the screen from the rear hatch area.
2. My AVIC D3 already has a monitor [it would be a little pointless to have a nav system without one].
3. I'm looking for suggestions for a 2nd monitor screen in the cubby area in the dash section [refer to image attached].

Thanks for your help, I'll ask this question again for further assistance.

<Elvis' Supervisor?>:

Hello,
Thanks for your e-mail, and for shopping the Crutchfield web site.

Elvis is currently unavailable for e-mail but I will be happy to assist you.
The Pioneer Avic D3 can definitely be hooked up to an external screen, but if you did this then you would only be able to play DVD's or gaming on the external monitor and would only be able to use the Navigation feature on the Avic D3. This would limit you to not being able to listen to music on the main Navigation receiver and have to listen to whatever is being played on the second monitor.
This really would be considered a custom installation due to us not having the measurements of the cubby area in the dash of the Nissan 350Z and we can't open an attachment via e-mail due to security. I would recommend just giving us a call at 1-888-955-6000 so we can give you the best advice of what you are looking to do.
We look forward to speaking with you and have a great evening.
Kate
Crutchfield Advisor
Old 01-12-2010, 08:12 AM
woodrow88

i want coilovers
Old 01-12-2010, 08:12 AM
kyle22

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Chen
Got monies? I got a torch, what you need? The wires melted into one wire?
just got to raise the lights up...i looked in the manual to see what that says and told me to take it to a dealer.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:23 AM
04fairlazdyz
LOW N SLO

Hey kyle, if u want u can bring it to mý dealer and I will raise them up for you one night. Any wed.

Ethan- they are a new company that started in october. This is his way to try and help his new company to grow. So for right now its a wholesale sponsorship, I get whatever I want at wholesale pricing. Once the business grows and he sees I've done my part, then it will turn into a paid sponsorship. He's a vendor on here. Check him out. Has a real cheap group buy right now on full greddy 18g twin kits.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:34 AM
pfregeolle

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by kyle22
just got to raise the lights up...i looked in the manual to see what that says and told me to take it to a dealer.
It's easy to do, I can tell you how to do it. Its not worth driving all the way down to turn a screw clockwise hahaha

You can prob find instructions in the DIY section.

I had to raise mine up when I lowered with the coilovers.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:35 AM
pfregeolle

Old 01-12-2010, 08:36 AM
pfregeolle

Old 01-12-2010, 08:55 AM
NNOCENT

wheres ethan, we need a translator
Old 01-12-2010, 08:57 AM
NNOCENT

Originally Posted by woodrow88
i want coilovers
i has
Old 01-12-2010, 09:04 AM
kyle22

has anyone tried the akbar resturant in columbia? Im in the mood for some Indian food just seeing if anyone has been there.
Old 01-12-2010, 09:14 AM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wyziwyg
one reason why crutchfield might have lost a customer [lulz]

[cliffs: I want a second screen in the cubby and asked a simple question that stumped "the king"].

<original msg sent>:

I have a 2005 nissan 350z with an after- market dvd navigation system [avic d3] where the stock head unit used to be. I'd like to install a second video screen in the top cubby hole compartment but have several questions before ordering:

1. Since the avic d3 already handles the navigation/music function what could this second screen be used for?
2. What is the best recommend size/model to fit into the cubby and allow the fold down door to still close?
3. Would a second monitor interfere with the function of the avic d3?

Thanks for any answers you can provide.

<the answer they gave>:

Hello,
thanks for your e-mail, and for shopping the crutchfield web site.

I will be happy to help with your questions on the pioneer avic-d3.
In answer to your 1st question, the benefit of adding a monitor to your system gives rear passengers the ability to watch dvds while the vehicle is in motion. Due to laws in all 50 states, the monitor has to be installed behind the driver's seat. It is illegal to install a monitor in the dash. I hope that helps.
In answer to your next question, we do not recommend you install the monitor in your dash. Due to the legal issues, we do not recommend this type of installation. If you are willing to install the monitor behind your driver's seat, we offer several options. Here they are:
http://www.crutchfield.com/g_170250/...ens.html?tp=79
in response to your final question, the pioneer avic-d3 is designed to work with a monitor. If connected, you will not have any interference problems. I hope that helps.
When you're ready to make your purchase, you can do so from our web site. Please enter my name, elvis, as your advisor as you fill out our complete online order form. You can type it in the "advisor's name" field of the "additional information" section in the checkout process. If you prefer, you can also call me, toll free, at the phone number below.

Thanks again for your e-mail. Please let me know whenever you need anything else.
Elvis
crutchfield advisor

<my response>:

Elvis:

1. A 350z is a two-seater vehicle and i sincerely doubt anyone would be watching the screen from the rear hatch area.
2. My avic d3 already has a monitor [it would be a little pointless to have a nav system without one].
3. I'm looking for suggestions for a 2nd monitor screen in the cubby area in the dash section [refer to image attached].

Thanks for your help, i'll ask this question again for further assistance.

<elvis' supervisor?>:

Hello,
thanks for your e-mail, and for shopping the crutchfield web site.

Elvis is currently unavailable for e-mail but i will be happy to assist you.
The pioneer avic d3 can definitely be hooked up to an external screen, but if you did this then you would only be able to play dvd's or gaming on the external monitor and would only be able to use the navigation feature on the avic d3. This would limit you to not being able to listen to music on the main navigation receiver and have to listen to whatever is being played on the second monitor.
This really would be considered a custom installation due to us not having the measurements of the cubby area in the dash of the nissan 350z and we can't open an attachment via e-mail due to security. I would recommend just giving us a call at 1-888-955-6000 so we can give you the best advice of what you are looking to do.
We look forward to speaking with you and have a great evening.
Kate
crutchfield advisor
puahahhaha!!
Old 01-12-2010, 09:16 AM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Originally Posted by NNOCENT
wheres ethan, we need a translator
lol I'm Chinese not Japanese! Next time I'm gonna show you some article in Russian and ask you to translate it. And when you say, "I am not Russian", I'll say, "It's alright, cuz it's alllll white!"
Old 01-12-2010, 09:17 AM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Originally Posted by 04fairlazdyz
Hey kyle, if u want u can bring it to mý dealer and I will raise them up for you one night. Any wed.

Ethan- they are a new company that started in october. This is his way to try and help his new company to grow. So for right now its a wholesale sponsorship, I get whatever I want at wholesale pricing. Once the business grows and he sees I've done my part, then it will turn into a paid sponsorship. He's a vendor on here. Check him out. Has a real cheap group buy right now on full greddy 18g twin kits.
Hook it up! Surprisingly I have no former sponsorship on my car. Everyone just kinda "hook me up" cuz I help spreading out the words.
pfregeolle

Originally Posted by NNOCENT
i has
I told him to buy them from you....Give him the deal you got on them, but better.
bb1314
da Terminator!

Originally Posted by kyle22
has anyone tried the akbar resturant in columbia? Im in the mood for some Indian food just seeing if anyone has been there.
Don't go there! I used to go there with my white co-workers for lunch when I worked in Columbia. It's no where near authentic and their chicken's mad dry!
Old 01-12-2010, 09:37 AM
Barnabas
National Z Club President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

any one have hook up on DEFI gauges??
Old 01-12-2010, 09:49 AM
NNOCENT

Originally Posted by pfregeolle
I told him to buy them from you....Give him the deal you got on them, but better.
i will, but FYI my EDFC was extra, I didnt get the price you got
Old 01-12-2010, 09:51 AM
bb1314
da Terminator!

I want DEFI gauges!!
Old 01-12-2010, 10:08 AM
kyle22

Originally Posted by bb1314
Don't go there! I used to go there with my white co-workers for lunch when I worked in Columbia. It's no where near authentic and their chicken's mad dry!
Okay thanks for letting me know. Would you happen to know of any good Indian resturants?

Quick Reply: Mid-A Epic Random-ness Discussion Thread