Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Mid-A Epic Random-ness Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 05:37 AM
H.M.F.I.C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

in all fairness.. i've pushed my ap2.........hard... hard to the point i'm chasing evo's..

i haven't pushed the z at all... BUT i will say, playing with it here and there around some corners... this car sticks... seriously.. it was decieving for me since the car to me feels heavy compared to the s2000... which it obviously is...but despite it's weight, i was SO pleasantly surprised how well it sticks!!! I LOVE it.
Old 04-02-2010, 05:40 AM
woodrow88

meaning
Old 04-02-2010, 05:40 AM
H.M.F.I.C

Originally Posted by woodrow88
meaning
meaning?
Old 04-02-2010, 05:41 AM
WYZIWYG

Received 207 Likes on 154 Posts

Happy frackin' civilian day to all ya'll bad ******-effers!!!!!!
Old 04-02-2010, 05:41 AM
pfregeolle

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I don't think people give the Z enough credit. It actually is pretty well balanced, its' weight is just one of the limitations. If you want go-kart handling, then get a 2000 LB car, with a small motor. Yeah they will always be fun. But the Z just has the torque and power to make it a little more exhilirating. It's fast in a straight line (not the fastest), and is fun around turns too. It's definitely a decently rounded car, just nissan could have done a few things better to make it what people truly want it to be.
Old 04-02-2010, 05:42 AM
H.M.F.I.C

Originally Posted by WYZIWYG
Happy frackin' civilian day to all ya'll bad ******-effers!!!!!!

i'mma civilian at heart
MDHRZ

Originally Posted by pfregeolle
MDHRZ, are you doing GReddy tuner kit??? If so that's bad ***.
Yea but UPS damaged the intercooler so I had to file a claim. Waiting for a new one. Clutch, flywheel, and new CSC got here today. Gauges should be here next week. Ordering meth kit, oil cooler, and fuel system later tonight. Haven't decided on a boost contoller or turbo timer yet. I'll start a build thread once all the parts are here and I have a date scheduled at Hills.
pfregeolle

Happy Civilian Day to you sir! Where my discs at
Old 04-02-2010, 05:43 AM
pfregeolle

Originally Posted by MDHRZ
Yea but UPS damaged the intercooler so I had to file a claim. Waiting for a new one. Clutch, flywheel, and new CSC got here today. Gauges should be here next week. Ordering meth kit, oil cooler, and fuel system later tonight. Haven't decided on a boost contoller or turbo timer yet. I'll start a build thread once all the parts are here and I have a date scheduled at Hills.
That's wicked dude, I'm jealous. Hahaha rated for 900+HP

I def wanna come check out that build when it's up at Hills. You coming to D&V meet or anything? A few of us have never even met you haha
Old 04-02-2010, 05:43 AM
woodrow88

Originally Posted by H.M.F.I.C
meaning?
well you posted to fast and i was saying meaning to the post on the other page when you said "naaa... its a ap1" but you explained it on this page.
Old 04-02-2010, 05:44 AM
MDHRZ

I don't think people give the Z enough credit. It actually is pretty well balanced.
Exactly why I stuck with this platform. It's a very well rounded car.
Old 04-02-2010, 05:45 AM
pfregeolle

Woody, any good news?
Old 04-02-2010, 05:50 AM
H.M.F.I.C

I don't think people give the Z enough credit. It actually is pretty well balanced, its' weight is just one of the limitations. If you want go-kart handling, then get a 2000 LB car, with a small motor. Yeah they will always be fun. But the Z just has the torque and power to make it a little more exhilirating. It's fast in a straight line (not the fastest), and is fun around turns too. It's definitely a decently rounded car, just nissan could have done a few things better to make it what people truly want it to be.
man i couldn't agree more...*getting excited here* I'm learning all the small things about the car.. like.. the wheels are 18x8 stock and 30offset on all four corners...the s2k isn't like that... Having the same on all four corners really helps in balance as well.. On the s2k? that rear whips out WAY too easy.. on this car? i actually feel veeery confident...

Driving both cars... I would EASILY, hands down, choose the Z as my daily driver.. you're right, she's a very well balanced car... quiet.. smooth, got the pep and it's like... how shall I put it... jack of all trades but master of none kinda car? has just about a bit of good of everything in the Z.

The S2k is def a more of a "fun" car i would say...but that's cuz it feels more raw and its noisier ect...

I can say that if i had the choice of going FI one one of the cars.. it would be the Z. and i wouldve left the S2k all NA...

just like any car, there are its up's n downs... I've tested the 370 as well and it feels like the 350 in terms of the drivetrain. just feels.. clunky... but only because i'm used to driving the s2k...if Nissan could get their drivetrain close to the s2k... the s2k wouldnt have much on the 350z...
Old 04-02-2010, 05:52 AM
MDHRZ

That's wicked dude, I'm jealous. Hahaha rated for 900+HP

I def wanna come check out that build when it's up at Hills. You coming to D&V meet or anything? A few of us have never even met you haha
I'm hoping for something around 475whp. Frank said the HR can be pushed higher so we'll see. I'll def try to make some meets this year but the problem is I live so far away. Good thing is that MIR is only 25 minutes away for me so I'll prob see some of you down there at some point. I've met a few people at the blazing hot CPT meet last year.
Old 04-02-2010, 05:52 AM
Jgrizzle

Pics?
There is one on the previous page. Im driving up to CT today. Maybe tomorrow I will wash up the car and take some pictures. There are some pretty scenic places in CT so maybe I can get some good shots. I dont have a fancy camera or anything but hopefully you guys can see the new wheels a little better than the iphone picture
Old 04-02-2010, 05:53 AM
H.M.F.I.C

OOOooh wait.. can i ask how much you paid for the tuner kit? you could pm me if you like..

I'm getting my clutch done next friday along with stiff rear diff mounts and brace... I'm buying the Uprev Osirus and getting tuned... later i'm gonna get the Deutschewerks..(sp?) 440 and then just a walbro...

That way..... i'll already have the drivetrain prepared, and the tuning software along with the fuel components to be able to choose which FI kit i'd like to go with ... I LOVE BOOOOOOST!
Old 04-02-2010, 05:55 AM
H.M.F.I.C

Originally Posted by woodrow88
well you posted to fast and i was saying meaning to the post on the other page when you said "naaa... its a ap1" but you explained it on this page.
Oh hahaha..

basically Ap1 is 2000-2003 2.0 litre..ap2 is 2004 and up with 2.2 litre. Ap2 is designed slightly differently and more stable at speeds than ap1.. but the ap1 supposedly is 100 lbs lighter.
Old 04-02-2010, 05:55 AM
pfregeolle

Oh I think I remember seeing your car at CPT. Did it have Gold Volkd GT-F's right?

And Allen, yeah you hit the nail on the head man. The Z is just a nice bit of everything but a master of none. Agreed. Put the turbo on the Z, and go ITBs on the S2k now ITB's on the F20/F22 sound UUHHHHHHAAAMMMAAAAAAZZZINNNGGGGGGUUHHH hahaha
Old 04-02-2010, 05:58 AM
pfregeolle

And AP1 revs higher
Old 04-02-2010, 06:04 AM
H.M.F.I.C

Oh I think I remember seeing your car at CPT. Did it have Gold Volkd GT-F's right?

And Allen, yeah you hit the nail on the head man. The Z is just a nice bit of everything but a master of none. Agreed. Put the turbo on the Z, and go ITBs on the S2k now ITB's on the F20/F22 sound UUHHHHHHAAAMMMAAAAAAZZZINNNGGGGGGUUHHH hahaha
HAHAHA... I've put way too much moola into the S.. she's still at the shop getting done.. they are building another turbo kit for her nao.. 3RD TIME TURBO'D

but they are trying to get 450-500whp on 12 psi stock motor...

But i'm so addicted to boost, i wanna boost the Z too...

I wanna be able to walk out one day and look at both and be like.. hm... which car do i wanna take today hahahaha...

and ur right! ap2 only revs to 8..

I really need a ride in a turbo Z...i literally want just a bolt on kit.. 350-400whp...like 8 psi... Something that will be safe n reliable for everyday driving...Hell the Z already feels good nao.. i can't imagine the extra kick!

Quick Reply: Mid-A Epic Random-ness Discussion Thread