Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Gun Owners Thread.

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 02:06 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BankyDori
If anyone is ever interested in haveing something worked on or custum built Im a gunsmith.... Or if you have any questions let me know ( IM NOT A KNOW IT ALL!) I can help with most guns but 1911's, AR's, and Bolt guns are what I mostly work on......
Thanks for your offer.....but my Wilson Combat has all the bells and whistles.
Old 07-04-2009, 06:56 PM
Villainous350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rkemp1
Sounds like you have a keeper! Nice gun...G36?
Yep! G36 with a 16" barrel. I have the K Barrel which is 12 inches but I havent gotten my SBR (Short Barreled Rifle) paper work back yet so I cant pit it on.

I will post pics of my UMP in the next couple weeks.

Originally Posted by BankyDori
If anyone is ever interested in haveing something worked on or custum built Im a gunsmith.... Or if you have any questions let me know ( IM NOT A KNOW IT ALL!) I can help with most guns but 1911's, AR's, and Bolt guns are what I mostly work on......
I will keep your SN handy its always good to have a smith near. :-D
Old 07-06-2009, 10:31 AM
rkemp1

Originally Posted by Villainous350z
Yep! G36 with a 16" barrel. I have the K Barrel which is 12 inches but I havent gotten my SBR (Short Barreled Rifle) paper work back yet so I cant pit it on.

I will post pics of my UMP in the next couple weeks.

I will keep your SN handy its always good to have a smith near. :-D
Nice! What range do you use to shoot your automatic rifles? All the ones I know in Bmore suck and only let you use single fire weapons.
Old 07-06-2009, 12:05 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The Wilson Combat is nice... really nice but it doesnt have a 15 round capacity. It's hard to find a .45 ACP with a 15 round mag bc of the sheer size of the bullet. I would recommend a Springfield XDm chambered in .45 or the XDm chambered in .40 S&W. With the .40 you can change the barrel and mag and downgrade to 9mm for plinking with a 19+1 capacity.

Just my 2 cents!
The XDM doesnt come in .45, only 9mm and .40 (19 and 16 capacity)

I recently bought a Mosquito due to ammo costs and availability, and after 1 range session the ejector broke! Waiting on getting that back from them. Its fun to shoot, but the XD feels like home in my hands.

I though Para's double stack 1911's "only" hold 14rds will be hard to get 15rd capacity out of the .45 without some dumb looking extended mag. AFAIk Kimber only does single stacks and they are 8rds....
Old 07-06-2009, 02:34 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

The Wilson Combat is nice... really nice but it doesnt have a 15 round capacity. It's hard to find a .45 ACP with a 15 round mag bc of the sheer size of the bullet. I would recommend a Springfield XDm chambered in .45 or the XDm chambered in .40 S&W. With the .40 you can change the barrel and mag and downgrade to 9mm for plinking with a 19+1 capacity.

Just my 2 cents!
Well a 15 round mag is nice but if you get hit by a .45acp with a hydrashock(spelling?) round you are going down and if you need 2 rounds you def aint getting back up.....so a seven or 8 round mag is just fine.Now if you just plain cant shoot accurately enough.....well maybe you do need that 15 rounder.
Old 07-06-2009, 03:32 PM
10 TIL 4

I may be consolidating handguns soon and possibly selling my HK P2000SK Sub Compact if anyone is interested. PM me if so.
Old 07-06-2009, 04:28 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

^^^ I like those but have never held one....
Old 07-06-2009, 05:00 PM
rkemp1

Originally Posted by Alberto

I recently bought a Mosquito due to ammo costs and availability, and after 1 range session the ejector broke! Waiting on getting that back from them. Its fun to shoot, but the XD feels like home in my hands.

I though Para's double stack 1911's "only" hold 14rds will be hard to get 15rd capacity out of the .45 without some dumb looking extended mag. AFAIk Kimber only does single stacks and they are 8rds....
Thanks for the info. My father being a cop has only really taught me about glocks and S+W revolvers so I am admittedly a noob on different types of handguns. Further research has proven that a 15 round clip will be unlikely in the .45 caliber since I def dont want one of those retarded extended mags.

Originally Posted by superchargedg
Well a 15 round mag is nice but if you get hit by a .45acp with a hydrashock(spelling?) round you are going down and if you need 2 rounds you def aint getting back up.....so a seven or 8 round mag is just fine.Now if you just plain cant shoot accurately enough.....well maybe you do need that 15 rounder.
That hydrashock sounds like a mean bullet so yeah not too worried about the 15 rd clip anymore. I'm no marksman but I can hold my own at the range, just not with this shytty, inaccurate, crap trigger glock. I hate this gun. The next 2 weekends are out for me but we will definitely get some range time in before the end of the summer, hopefully before end of the month.
Old 07-06-2009, 05:42 PM
Villainous350z

Ah young grasshopper the XDm will be coming out in the .45 ACP very soon (supposedly fall) Once it does I most def will be getting one to sit next to my .40. But you are right it does feel right at home in your hands. I LOVE the way it seats itself back into your hand after you shoot.

I agree with the PARA comment... though some STIs are supposed to hold 15 but I havent gotten a chance to look at them yet. Their price points are a little high for me for the one that I want.

Try the Walther over the Sig the extractor seems to be a common issue with those. Sucks b/c sigs are usually pretty solid guns.
Old 07-07-2009, 03:30 AM
lek at ngc

anyone have a .40 glock they're selling let me know. thanks.

ps... also if you have a silencer for it that would be sweet too...
Old 07-07-2009, 03:46 AM
Smitty??

Originally Posted by lek at ngc
anyone have a .40 glock they're selling let me know. thanks.

ps... also if you have a silencer for it that would be sweet too...
Arent silencers illegal in the US unless your some type of law enforcement agent. I got that AK 47, shooting them 7.62's

Last edited by Smitty??; 07-07-2009 at 03:53 AM.
Old 07-07-2009, 04:09 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Ah young grasshopper the XDm will be coming out in the .45 ACP very soon (supposedly fall) Once it does I most def will be getting one to sit next to my .40. But you are right it does feel right at home in your hands. I LOVE the way it seats itself back into your hand after you shoot.

I agree with the PARA comment... though some STIs are supposed to hold 15 but I havent gotten a chance to look at them yet. Their price points are a little high for me for the one that I want.

Try the Walther over the Sig the extractor seems to be a common issue with those. Sucks b/c sigs are usually pretty solid guns.
But it's not out yet

My friend has an XDM 9mm, I have a Tactical 9mm. I love the XD lineup, even the SC is a little tack driver.

I shot the P22 extensively and while fun it just doesnt fit my hands, hence the Sig purchase due to its size. BTW-the ejector, not the extractor broke...

My next one will be a 226 .40 or the XD SC .40

Russ, most of my friends have 9mm's but if you would like to try a bunch of different pistols you should come with us to the range one time. We shoot at On Target in Odenton...every once in a while we rent a $hit load of pistols and recently among those was a Glock 22, FAWK I hate the grip angles and the $hitty triggers, we all hated it. After a few rounds down range it went back out to the front for a 229.
Old 07-07-2009, 04:18 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

BTW-here is a pic of the Sig I bought, not actual but same bi-tone. And my XD with Meprolight (O/G), and home polished barrel, some pics with MG 18rd mag. I have been contemplating doing a guide rod and spring but I almost dont want to try it seeing how it shoots so well.

Dirty after 250rds

Old 07-07-2009, 05:11 AM
Villainous350z

Originally Posted by Smitty??
Arent silencers illegal in the US unless your some type of law enforcement agent. I got that AK 47, shooting them 7.62's
Nope! I have a suppressor on my MP5 SD. I am also getting one for my P22. Each one you own is a $200 Tax Stamp on top of the price you pay. If you want a suppressor go to www.major-malfunction.com

Berto,

Dude let me know... I have about 20 different firearms that I own so I can bring a variety with me (couple of wicked peices). As long as the range doesnt mind assault weapons.
Old 07-07-2009, 05:39 AM
Smitty??

[QUOTE=Villainous350z;7522137]Nope! I have a suppressor on my MP5 SD. I am also getting one for my P22. Each one you own is a $200 Tax Stamp on top of the price you pay. If you want a suppressor go to www.major-malfunction.com

hella expensive but awesome. Thanks for the info. It would be kinda pointless of me to put one on an ak but i will refer this to a freind who has a few toys of his own.
Old 07-07-2009, 05:47 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Berto,

Dude let me know... I have about 20 different firearms that I own so I can bring a variety with me (couple of wicked peices). As long as the range doesnt mind assault weapons.
You have a sick array of weapons, we should def have a gun meet somewhere.

My range only allows handgun caliber weapons, perhaps a relax outdoor place would be a good meeting spot? I dont know of any to be honest with you. I only have handgun caliber stuff so no need to look it up!
Old 07-07-2009, 10:41 AM
Villainous350z

You have a sick array of weapons, we should def have a gun meet somewhere.

My range only allows handgun caliber weapons, perhaps a relax outdoor place would be a good meeting spot? I dont know of any to be honest with you. I only have handgun caliber stuff so no need to look it up!
I am totally down for a meet. My range is a pistol range but def a good time there. If anyone has some land all we need to do is make a target stand and plink away.

Have you ever done trap or skeet shooting?

K
Old 07-07-2009, 11:07 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

I never have no...would love to though.

Keith-dont you have some friends with land where you shoot the AK?
Old 07-07-2009, 11:19 AM
Villainous350z

I never have no...would love to though.

Keith-dont you have some friends with land where you shoot the AK?
There is a place near the NASA Spaceflight center (PG County) that does it. Its run by the state of MD and is CHEAP. To rent a Beretta shotgun (1k-3k firearm) its $5. I think its only $8 per round of trap for 50 targets. Sporting Clays are 16ish for 50-60 targets and thats with a guide. Let me know if you are up for an early morning shoot. I am no expert (learning myself still) but I can show you the basics.
Old 07-07-2009, 03:16 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Originally Posted by rkemp1
Thanks for the info. My father being a cop has only really taught me about glocks and S+W revolvers so I am admittedly a noob on different types of handguns. Further research has proven that a 15 round clip will be unlikely in the .45 caliber since I def dont want one of those retarded extended mags.

That hydrashock sounds like a mean bullet so yeah not too worried about the 15 rd clip anymore. I'm no marksman but I can hold my own at the range, just not with this shytty, inaccurate, crap trigger glock. I hate this gun. The next 2 weekends are out for me but we will definitely get some range time in before the end of the summer, hopefully before end of the month.
Russ i am on vacation at the end of this month if you want to hook up.

Quick Reply: Gun Owners Thread.