Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Ok,so some Z guys are just DICKS...

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2009 | 05:14 AM
bb1314
da Terminator!

^You're right Alberto. I'm sure you and I along with many other folks here get asked "How much did you spend on XXX?" a lot. I personally don't find that annoying since I know the person asking usually is admiring what I have on my car and is simply trying to see how much he/she has to save up in order to get something similar to mine. You don't hear someone rolling HRE rims asking you how much your Volks/WORK cost. So you can see it's obviously not a looking down kind of thing? However I don't like to reveal how much I spent on a certain item for a lot of reasons and I'd usually brush it off with something like I forgot the cost (Trust me I do remember how much I spent on every part even down to the nuts and bolts). I think we can leave the OP alone. He looked down on those "Sears" wheels purely out of anger. Who wouldn't get angry when you get a d-bag response like "More than you can afford"?
Old 07-21-2009 | 05:21 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Ya so I'm thinking everyone needs to calm down or

Simple as that......

-J
Old 07-21-2009 | 06:05 AM
RaeZ

Originally Posted by illjim69
God himself crafted them from Jesus bones.
lol
Old 07-21-2009 | 07:12 AM
NX2KDET
Cpt. Nauti Raw

Originally Posted by bb1314
^You're right Alberto. I'm sure you and I along with many other folks here get asked "How much did you spend on XXX?" a lot. I personally don't find that annoying since I know the person asking usually is admiring what I have on my car and is simply trying to see how much he/she has to save up in order to get something similar to mine. You don't hear someone rolling HRE rims asking you how much your Volks/WORK cost. So you can see it's obviously not a looking down kind of thing? However I don't like to reveal how much I spent on a certain item for a lot of reasons and I'd usually brush it off with something like I forgot the cost (Trust me I do remember how much I spent on every part even down to the nuts and bolts). I think we can leave the OP alone. He looked down on those "Sears" wheels purely out of anger. Who wouldn't get angry when you get a d-bag response like "More than you can afford"?
Ahhh I see what you did there Ethan <3
Old 07-21-2009 | 11:02 AM
HKS-Z
Backroad Pro

Originally Posted by illjim69
OP, good story.

And I see the Volk snobs are out in full force as usual. I too made the mistake of buying TSW wheels, never again. However I often love the responses you get from people who own Volks and think God himself crafted them from Jesus bones. They are wheels, who cares?
LOL!
Old 07-21-2009 | 11:15 AM
HKS-Z
Backroad Pro

Honestly i wasnt trying to down his rims by asking how much they set ya back.., Most of the time,Fellow enthuisest are usually pretty happy to talk about thier baby,(especially since he did park next to my car). you forget i started out with,thats a sweet car...Trust me i said it very sincere.So how i messed that up first,by telling him he had a sweet car,and trying to make conversation by pointing out his rims??Oops?

Last edited by HKS-Z; 07-21-2009 at 11:26 AM. Reason: cant spell
Old 07-21-2009 | 11:18 AM
HKS-Z
Backroad Pro

Originally Posted by abui01
Tire Feathering!

And Show before Go all the way. Who cares about going fast as long as you LOOK fast.
Your gonna make me pee my pants
Old 07-22-2009 | 04:51 AM
Black Duck

Originally Posted by Alberto
Damn this thread took a dump. Not surprising.

I see the OP's point, the guy in his Z was a scumbag. I also see the other guys poin about the OP needing to downplay the dbags wheels, lol...
I was just about to say the same.

With regards to people being dicks...there is a young guy in my neighbourhood who recently moved in. Anyways he has a nice new M3. I was gonna try and have a chat when I got the chance and take a look at the car. However, I was out washing my car a few days ago. Said guy gets in his car, drives up to where I am and revs his engine several times. He then pulls out of the parking lot like a d*ck and speeds off. I know he has a great car which is worth 5 times more than mine but WTF?
Old 07-22-2009 | 05:06 AM
Jgrizzle

Originally Posted by NX2KDET
I have an 03 but my wheels are worth almost as much as a used 350Z so no hate for me.
I have an 03 but ive spent more on feathered tires than most people have on wheels, gas, maintenance.....FAIL

Stupid 03s
Old 07-22-2009 | 05:10 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Jgrizzle
I have an 03 but ive spent more on feathered tires than most people have on wheels, gas, maintenance.....FAIL

Stupid 03s
Wouldnt buying upper adjustable control arms and alignment fix that issue???

-j
Old 07-22-2009 | 05:22 AM
str8dum1

exactly why i dont comment on other people's stuff. Most people take it that you are being sarcastic.

I could definitely hear the OP being saracastic in my mind. He said he wasnt, but 90% of every comment made on the forums is hate so real life mimics that as well.

Either way, asking how much stuff costs is inappropriate and smart *** replies are expected. I'd never tell anyone how much i spent bc that just leads down the road of 'wow you got ripped off... etc'
Old 07-22-2009 | 05:43 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner
Premier Member

Originally Posted by str8dum1

Either way, asking how much stuff costs is inappropriate and smart *** replies are expected. I'd never tell anyone how much i spent bc that just leads down the road of 'wow you got ripped off... etc'
+1 I hate that fawking question. I dont ask you how much your car payment or mortgage is you know?

I cant go one meet without some people asking me that. My response is always "more than I should have"
Old 07-22-2009 | 06:23 AM
Jgrizzle

Originally Posted by JasonZ-YA
Wouldnt buying upper adjustable control arms and alignment fix that issue???

-j
yes and it has.

I really didnt spend that much. I was just messing around.

I usually just say "good looking car man". Seems to be a universal ok thing to say.
Old 07-22-2009 | 06:35 AM
bigslim350Z

+1 I hate that fawking question. I dont ask you how much your car payment or mortgage is you know?

I cant go one meet without some people asking me that. My response is always "more than I should have"
"Dude, your car is sick man. How much did that engine build set you back?" I keed, I keed.
Old 07-22-2009 | 07:03 AM
djamps

Originally Posted by alberto
+1 i hate that fawking question. I dont ask you how much your car payment or mortgage is you know?

I cant go one meet without some people asking me that. My response is always "more than i should have"
+10000. Same goes for 'how much HP you pushing'

If someone was really interested in knowing, they would do research instead of asking the question randomly to someone they don't know.

Last edited by djamps; 07-22-2009 at 07:04 AM.
Old 07-22-2009 | 07:15 AM
Darkpath

Originally Posted by HKS-Z
So, i have learned that most people think that if you work at sheetz,your ignorant,lazy,poor, etc. Anyway my point is,I got off at 11 today,and when i walked outside there was an 03-04 Touring,silver,pretty much stock from what i could see,except for some rims(dunno what kind,probelly sears) parked next to mine(which I just full detailed).So the owner,white guy in his 40's ( guessing? ) wipeing off his rims,and I said thats a sweet car,how much those set ya back..and he responds,(like a smartass) "more than you can afford" . so now in my head im like,no he didnt. i get in my car,and now he looks at me surprised. so i put my window down, "what?,is it more than you can afford?.. Dick?!"and calmly pull away,giving him thumbs down.

guess he should have drove his Lambo today

Best fail story I have heard in a while! Some people....
Old 07-22-2009 | 07:58 AM
Pun1sh3RZ

+1, that question got real old, real quick.
Old 07-22-2009 | 08:44 AM
abui01

I see many people asking that question and I see plenty of them answering the question; it's just a question and it won't hurt anyone if there's an answer to it.
Old 07-22-2009 | 09:19 AM
bigslim350Z

Originally Posted by abui01
I see many people asking that question and I see plenty of them answering the question; it's just a question and it won't hurt anyone if there's an answer to it.
Could be that they want to have a high horsepower engine as well and just want to know how much money to scrape together?
Old 07-22-2009 | 09:29 AM
bb1314
da Terminator!

^ Right.. like I said I used to always think that question "How much did you spend on XXX?" offensive. But again, it's only offensive if the person's asking out of hate (like trying to see if your rims are more/less baller than his). But if it's an innocent young ricer asking me just to see how much he needs to save up to get up to baller status like me , I'd gladly tell him how much he'll need to save up from his allowance.

Quick Reply: Ok,so some Z guys are just DICKS...