Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Big thanks to GTP, ARTrace and Forgestar

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 12:14 PM
idrive_MD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big thanks to GTP, ARTrace and Forgestar

So I finally got around to getting my new Forgestar F14 wheels and Hankooks installed. I got them from Paul at ART sometime around mid-late June. I then did about three weeks worth of back and fourth on what size/brand tires to get, plus searching down the valve stems and wheel lugs I wanted. I also made up some custom center caps because I didnt like the single option Forgestar left me with.

Once I had everything good to go, I dropped it all off at GT-Performance of Edgewood up here in Harford County. They're specialized Porsche tuners, but they'll work on most anything I imagine. I figured they dealt with a customer base that was picky enough, so they'd know how to mount tires on my black wheels without scratching off the paint. They did a great job on the mounting, balancing and alignment, they even installed my SPC/Eibach rear camber arms. The overall package came out great and the car feels amazing compared to the stock size rollers I've been using. Judging by how the tires are picking up dirt after a wash, I'd say I'm rolling on a pretty good contact patch thanks to them.

I should also thank wheeldude for the Black McGard Lug nuts. For valve stems (some may recall me searching for Ray's), I ended up going with the Gorilla Flush Mounts. They came in silver only, so I sanded them and hit them up with some PPG black and clear coats. I think they fit into the wheels nicely, but I warn they are not for every wheel, you definitely need some finger space around your valve stem mount to use these.

The Forgestar wheels arrived in great condition and the concave look I wanted cameout better than I could have dreamed. I still wish they had some more aggressive offsets, but the setup I got was good for in the inbetween safe/aggressive range. The Hankook Ventus V12 tires have also been a nice treat. As a company I think they are finally putting out some solid products. The tire has done well for what I expect out of it and I dont have enough power to break them loose anyway.

The only things I'm left to consider now are some spacers and maybe a rear spring mount mod to close up that gap (I wish there were some more295/35/19 options out there).

Specs:
19x10+20 front with 255/35/19
19x11+33 rear with 295/30/19
Stance provided by Cobb Tuning 350Z springs and Tokico Struts and Eibach/SPC rear camber arms.

Pictures taken by my house at the Mercedes Processing Factory. Best guess these are the cars fresh off the boat, they come here and then get shipped out to the dealers. It was a sunday so the place was pretty empty, I've seen it packed full a couple of times...nice to drool at.
Old 07-21-2009, 12:17 PM
Lv2DC_Z
SpecOneSociety

Sick I want. Need your address
Old 07-21-2009, 01:09 PM
PhiSig
Wheel Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice wheels and stance -- def has the trackstar look. How light are the wheels?
Old 07-21-2009, 01:25 PM
05G35

4 threads...LOL o well at least they look sick!
Old 07-21-2009, 02:36 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks real nice.
Old 07-21-2009, 02:54 PM
.steeeeZ33.
@ J&D auto

i really like how they look.
Old 07-21-2009, 05:15 PM
MDHRZ

Not bad. Needs to go lower though.
Old 07-22-2009, 03:35 AM
idrive_MD

Originally Posted by PhiSig
Nice wheels and stance -- def has the trackstar look. How light are the wheels?
Thanks, the fronts are just over 24 and the rears are just under 25 from a home scale.