Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Well, The Time Has Come.. Parting out to Commence Shortly

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 05:15 AM
Bigalow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Driven1,

If you primarily responsible for the part out then I call dibs on the following:

Engine Bay
Samco Hoses (Blue)
Optima Yellow Top Battery … Not sure this is still on the car

Wheels, Brakes & Suspension
TEIN MonoTube FLEX Adjustable Suspension (Lowered -0.5 front / -0.5 rear) w/ Electronic Dampening Force Controller
Cusco Adjustable front A Arms
Forged Performance rear Camber Arm
SPC Adjustable Toe bolts .. Not sure this was installed

Granted the deciding factor will be the price of course. LMK.
Old 10-29-2009, 05:18 AM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I call DIBS on those painted custom molded interior dashes!
Old 10-29-2009, 05:34 AM
woodrow88

Robby, its such a big part out it should be whoever has the money first takes it lol f dibs.
Old 10-29-2009, 05:42 AM
JAM3Z
Phenom

One of the nastiest cars on the forum, kinda sad, but it happens I guess. Good luck with the part out man.
Old 10-29-2009, 10:31 AM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Brent, it was only a matter of time. Now don't you wish you bought that Gallardo instead? At least you'll have peace of mind now that **** won't break anymore.
Old 10-29-2009, 11:10 AM
GuruFunction2ND
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by bb1314
I call DIBS on those painted custom molded interior dashes!
Somehow, I knew you were going to call dibs on those, LOL

What a rare sighting, Dutch posts in Mid-A again!
Old 10-29-2009, 01:38 PM
Driven1
Professional

Yeah. I wish Brent posted this later. The car still isn't even in the area yet. It's getting shipped shortly so it hasn't even been seen in quite some time.

Im not even taking "Dibs" honestly. It will be first come first serve basically. It gets VERY confusing with the "Dibs" calling....b/c people "call" everything. For example....Bigalow...you called "Dibs" on a suspension that... if you would have read prior posts....others already called "Dibs" on.....

A little good bye for the OP, seeing what interest in things there was, and a little FYI to save your money is what this thread was for....not calling "Dibs".

Thx

Last edited by Driven1; 10-29-2009 at 01:41 PM.
Old 10-30-2009, 08:51 AM
BamBam

Hey guys, sorry for not replying to any of the PM's I have been down in ATL for a bit trying to work out shipment of the car back up to FT.

Robbie is correct, this was an FYI thread for me to see if parting out the car would work from a cost perspective. I certainly do not want to end up owing more for labour and replacement stock parts then I get for the total of the aftermarket parts. Otherwise I would save myself the trouble and either sell it whole or just keep it garaged. By letting people know I am parting out, hopefully if people were thinking of buying some new stuff this can save you all some money or you can get your hands on some very unique stuff.

I will try to be as fair as possible with the sales, but I have to say I have received a # of 'Hook a brother Up' and 'What's your lowest Price' requests. Guys, I of all people understand the resale of aftermarket parts is not that high, but seriously asking for a $500 part for under 100 is pretty rude. I have put 3 years of my life into this car, not to mention the money and countless struggling days to get parts and installation done in time for shows, races and events. I absolutely hate parting it out, so at least give a respectable price and don't think I can be taken advantage of because I'm parting out.

Now like I said in the beginning, I will wait until Dave is ready to start the part out process. I need to get the car up to his shop in the next couple of weeks and he wants to give the car a once over to be sure everything is in solid shape to be fair to sell. I am hoping to get a spreadsheet organized next week so we can start putting names to parts and work on deals.

Supercharged: Yea man I was very unhappy that after organizing the rental of the track I blew my damn axels trying a new launch method someone (I won’t name names… LOL) recommended to me. Epic fail on my part... Oh well, that is one of many great memories I have of the Z and the people I hung out with during those years.

Bigalow: yea I’m not a legend, I was just the guy who was willing to go that step further with the ZR which no one else at the time could. I have done a # of things unique for the ZR that no one else has, or certainly not as extreme as mine was. My CF deck lid, Targa cover and A pillars are unique along with the cage specific for ZR’s only

Dutch: Yea I should have just gone for the gold to start. I really hate to do this, but it has been sitting around for a while now and I have not seen or driven it cause of my traveling. Time has come to move on. The GT-R is treating me well now anyways.

--B

Last edited by BamBam; 10-30-2009 at 08:53 AM.
Old 10-31-2009, 08:29 PM
Bigalow

Originally Posted by Driven1
Im not even taking "Dibs" honestly. It will be first come first serve basically. It gets VERY confusing with the "Dibs" calling....b/c people "call" everything. For example....Bigalow...you called "Dibs" on a suspension that... if you would have read prior posts....others already called "Dibs" on.....
I'm not passing up those goodies. You tell me when you'll start parting out and I'll ask for a day off.

Originally Posted by BamBam
Hey guys, sorry for not replying to any of the PM's I have been down in ATL for a bit trying to work out shipment of the car back up to FT.

Robbie is correct, this was an FYI thread for me to see if parting out the car would work from a cost perspective. I certainly do not want to end up owing more for labour and replacement stock parts then I get for the total of the aftermarket parts. Otherwise I would save myself the trouble and either sell it whole or just keep it garaged. By letting people know I am parting out, hopefully if people were thinking of buying some new stuff this can save you all some money or you can get your hands on some very unique stuff.

I will try to be as fair as possible with the sales, but I have to say I have received a # of 'Hook a brother Up' and 'What's your lowest Price' requests. Guys, I of all people understand the resale of aftermarket parts is not that high, but seriously asking for a $500 part for under 100 is pretty rude. I have put 3 years of my life into this car, not to mention the money and countless struggling days to get parts and installation done in time for shows, races and events. I absolutely hate parting it out, so at least give a respectable price and don't think I can be taken advantage of because I'm parting out.

Now like I said in the beginning, I will wait until Dave is ready to start the part out process. I need to get the car up to his shop in the next couple of weeks and he wants to give the car a once over to be sure everything is in solid shape to be fair to sell. I am hoping to get a spreadsheet organized next week so we can start putting names to parts and work on deals.

Supercharged: Yea man I was very unhappy that after organizing the rental of the track I blew my damn axels trying a new launch method someone (I won’t name names… LOL) recommended to me. Epic fail on my part... Oh well, that is one of many great memories I have of the Z and the people I hung out with during those years.

Bigalow: yea I’m not a legend, I was just the guy who was willing to go that step further with the ZR which no one else at the time could. I have done a # of things unique for the ZR that no one else has, or certainly not as extreme as mine was. My CF deck lid, Targa cover and A pillars are unique along with the cage specific for ZR’s only

Dutch: Yea I should have just gone for the gold to start. I really hate to do this, but it has been sitting around for a while now and I have not seen or driven it cause of my traveling. Time has come to move on. The GT-R is treating me well now anyways.

--B
Bam, your right about going the extra mile. I'm sure you were one of the first to really build the Z. Nowadays more and more people are starting to use the Z33 as projects.

BTW, I hear what your saying about the prices and I'm not missing out on the goodies you have on your car but at the same time the price has to be right.
Old 11-03-2009, 09:42 AM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Originally Posted by GuruFunction2ND
Somehow, I knew you were going to call dibs on those, LOL

What a rare sighting, Dutch posts in Mid-A again!
This site in general has gotten to be a little too much. I do still make an effort to show up for the FT events
Old 11-03-2009, 02:45 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dutchboy350Z
This site in general has gotten to be a little too much. I do still make an effort to show up for the FT events
100% agree Karl.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:42 AM
marksport

Can I get a price on the axles?
Old 11-08-2009, 04:06 PM
MPD47

Brent, fly me down, I'll have it torn down and boxed up for a plane ticket and a case of beer Gotta have Robbie or Dave pick me up though *picard*
Old 11-09-2009, 07:57 AM
ZRuggernDC

** If the car is here in VA now ** When can i stop over and get that bumper ya mean..
Old 11-11-2009, 07:25 AM
BamBam

Alright the car is at FT, and Dave and I have gone over it. Things look good and I will post up another thread with the parts list and prices.

Thanks for the interest guys and hopefully everyone gets what they want for a resonable price.
--B
Old 11-12-2009, 05:54 AM
BamBam

Alright guys almost done with the parts list.
Looks like none of the GTSpec parts are still on the car, neither is the Optima Yellow Top or the SPC toe bolts. Everything else (as far as I can see) is on the car.

As the parts list is almost 100 items and some of them must be sold together (ie the exhaust should go with the TT and honestly the IC and chromed piping should also go with the TT setup) I am still trying to finalize the parts pricing.

I hope to have it all done shortly and I will start getting back to those that have PM'd me with answers to their questions.

I will say now that for the body parts and driveline parts I will be looking for $$$ + stock swap parts so I can get my car back to stock. I prefer body parts that match my car, but am willing to entertain any other color with the idea of painting it.
--B

Last edited by BamBam; 11-12-2009 at 10:27 PM. Reason: Almost done with the parts list
Old 11-16-2009, 05:51 PM
BamBam

Exclamation List is Released in Marketplace

OK, guys the parts list is in the 'For Sale' thread:
https://my350z.com/forum/mid-atlanti...-roadster.html

I have some PM's I want to address from people who have requested pricing from me earlier. Bigalow, the agreement we have holds. I will reply to your PM shortly. It's 10 pm and I'm still working unfortunately but I will get to it. ;-)

Last edited by BamBam; 11-16-2009 at 05:52 PM.
Old 12-13-2009, 02:47 PM
BamBam

Alright guys, we started taking the car down this weekend, so far the suspension is complete. (Bigalow, I will be calling you shortly about the EDFC & Hoses.)
I expect to have the brakes done in a few days, and most of the interior gutted.

The new engine has arrived, so we will be starting the engine out process shortly, with the goal to have the car pretty much gutted by the Toys for Tots meet this Sunday.
I will update the parts list with the items already sold & will be starting my Want To Buy stock parts list also if anyone is interested in gettting rid of their stock parts (especially for Chrome Silver body parts and Roadster interior parts).
--B
Old 12-23-2009, 06:16 AM
BamBam

Just an FYI, the car had been torn down, all parts are readily avalible and I'm looking to get as much sold as possible in the next 2 weeks before I put it all in storage.

Take a look at the parts for sale thread in the Mid-A Marketplace https://my350z.com/forum/mid-atlantic...-roadster.html

Have a look, and let me know if your interested. Discounts can be applied for anything you come by and pick up before New Years.
Old 12-23-2009, 09:08 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by superchargedg
Sorry to see it go Brent.The biggest memory i have is at MIR when that axle snapped and ended your day with the track rental........i felt bad that you couldnt race that day.
Other than Brent and Ryan snapping axles back to back, that was an awesome day!

Brent-sad to see it end like this, but I feel your pain on this. The hassle of cars mod'd so far can overcome the good that comes from it.

Good luck with everything moving forward, and on the GTR dont go so crazy!

Ive learned my lesson - keep it more stock albeit slower but drive it all the time and enjoy it. Better than have it sit in a shop most of the year....

Last edited by Alberto; 12-23-2009 at 09:09 AM.

Quick Reply: Well, The Time Has Come.. Parting out to Commence Shortly