Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Arundel Mills Meet - Sunday, 24 Jan. 12noon

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 04:41 PM
04fairlazdyz
LOW N SLO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its just like when certain people accused me of cheating poles (beating around the bush when they did) but check that out, suddenly I'm sponsored by most of those vendors

vvvvvvvvv(see below)vvvvvvvvv
Old 01-27-2010, 04:44 PM
04fairlazdyz
LOW N SLO

I know it is chen. Especially for someone who met me once, and couldn't even walk up and say what's up when were at the photoshoot. I know you were busy ethan but u found time to talk to everyone else in your clique.
Old 01-27-2010, 04:46 PM
phunkenstein

NationalZClub is never going to work the way you guys want it to. Ethan, your president, is so caught up in your "OG" bull that he's disregarding half of the people that are supposed to be in the "club". If you guys really want to have a successful club, you guys have to come together and actually try to do it, not just point fingers at one another.

Shit, obviously you guys aren't all gonna like each other, but if you guys want to represent the Z community, you guys have to try to be one entity. Keep up with that OG bullshit. No one wants to hear about how separated you guys are from one another. I think our club has worked so well because we don't care if someones new or if someones been around for 5 years. You guys make this such a big deal. Like Jeffie's had his car since 2003 and Rob since early 2009 or something. Who in the world cares? You guys are, at some point in time, interested in the same thing. Who cares if one of you knows how to turbo a car in your garage and the other is still learning how turbo systems work? It's the common interest that makes the car club idea work.
Old 01-27-2010, 05:06 PM
04fairlazdyz
LOW N SLO

I care because I'd like to be able to go roll deep with a car club for z's. I agree 1000 percent with what you said brian, that's what my whole problem is. I'm cool learning from people like jeffie, who have been their with these cars, but I want everyone together, and its nice to see some people come together and agree that this club is b.s. U guys think because your an o.g. You can make anything happen, WRONG! You can't have a strong club with out everyone, and keep it up, and you will fail again. Funny how a newb like me could all of a sudden make the "og" actually do something about NZC. All because ýóu couldn't stand to see a new guy take the reighns and succeed.
Old 01-27-2010, 05:12 PM
04fairlazdyz
LOW N SLO

Btw, I seem to remember certain ogs with the excuse that they work, and have other things to do, before going to meets, maybe you should let someone who can make time work it out. As a matter of fact I'm at a meet right now as I type. You guys are the reason why all other car cliques think the way they do, I gues cause your f/i, or have a body kit, your better than me, well your not.
Old 01-27-2010, 05:39 PM
WYZIWYG

Received 207 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by asingh1
Can only speak for myself, but I ain't coming out until it warms up a little [unless we start doing the restaurant meets]. I spun out and did a 180 a few weeks ago [cold tires + slippery blind spots = gettin' ].
I look forward to meeting/learning from all you guys [OGs and noobs].

Asingh, have I ever seen you rolling in Columbia???
Old 01-27-2010, 05:50 PM
Barnabas
National Z Club President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wheres the love yall
Old 01-27-2010, 05:52 PM
jeffie7

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

OGs really don't matter anymore since most have far removed themselves from the forum. I'm one of the few still around although I tend to stay away.

One of my issues with the new guys at least something I've noticed is that they want to get into weekly meets, I think last year we had a weekly Annapolis mall meet as with a weekly meet somewhere else in Anne Arundel county, crofton was it? its just too much and most people who are over 20 would rather do other things. Weekly meets are for old guys with hot rods that tend to park in the same spot with the same chair next to the same parking lot neighbor.

If you want to do weekly meets or every other week meets, keep them small 10 people or less and pick restaurants to go to where everyone can BS about cars. This is how people get to know each other and built friend/car relationships. Last thing anyone wants to do is have 50+ people show up at a restaurant cough cough NGC... and get to the point were no one can talk to anyone outside of the few people crammed up next to you. Cheap feels are not worth it for the pissed off business/employees and very little talk outside of waving to all the weird guys with the screen names whom looks nothing like you thought they would.

My biggest issue with the noobs are they want it now and they want it big. Sounds ghey I know. Try to keep things on a smaller level and when big events like the CP/Function Tuned/Hills Garage/AAM meets that's when you go in numbers.

One of the things that made the OG meets so great is they were not very big. Everyone knew each other and we could all go out eat/drink with out pissing off the local businesses. There was also very little screwing around if any at all outside of Alberto giving rides.

Again OG meets are pretty much mostly dead, a few OG guys are still friends, I keep in contact with a good bit of them but rarely do we do any meets outside of setting up a place to meet and eat. So get over the whole OG special club, it doesn't really exist anymore.

If you guys really want to do a meet and make it work, post up a date/rain date for sometime in spring and ask a mod to have it stickyed pick a address and time. Keep posting in it to keep it active. Once the meet happens judge how people felt about it and ask if its worth while to change the stickyed post into a new date for the next month and keep it going.

Things to keep in mind, bigger is NOT better. Keep it to forum members only, not my friend and my friends friend because they have cool cars even if they have a Z, tell them to sign up here and post their name on the list. If you want your friend with a M3, AMG, and S2000 to show up, tough, that's what the big location meets are for, tell them to go to the CP meet, or the next toys for tots or whatever meet. I hate car meets that over grow their welcome, even more so when you are asked to leave by whoever manages the lot....
Old 01-27-2010, 05:52 PM
WYZIWYG

Originally Posted by asingh1
HAHA. I deleted my post cause I didnt wanna hear the drama.

I hear that about the cold tires though, it gets slick quick. VDC has saved my *** allot.

Dont know bro. I have a stock black Z. Im usually rollin around the snowden area. I live close to the mall/HCC. We need a no bullshiz meet though. None of this drama and clique B.S. Hell Im always down to meet up at the haverty's off 175.
Me too [hopefully about to get my bodykit on before CPT]. When it warms up we'll have to meet up with anyone else who's down for some ol' fashioned, no BS, drama-free, hanging out. One day I'm actually going up to B'more and hang with JGrizz [on my 2010 TO DO List ].
Old 01-27-2010, 05:58 PM
jeffie7

Originally Posted by WYZIWYG
JGrizz is[on my 2010 TO DO List ].
WTF I thought myself and chen were on your list I was even going to dress chen up in those long john backless underware you liked so much =( Cheater!

Not into white/asian boys no mo?
Old 01-27-2010, 06:14 PM
04fairlazdyz
LOW N SLO

i agree with you Jeffie, yes I go to weekly meets, and yes with the same people as usual, their are always new faces and I'm the one to walk up and find out about them. I hate the screwing around getting in trouble. I don't expect everyone to go everytime theirs a meet, but when a huge meet is planned and so may people say they are going to be their, why is their no communication. I am ready for good ol fashioned no b.s. meets, and I'm down for restaruant meets. I wasn't saying all the og's hang out, but the og's and their little worship groups, who like to think their og's because they just nod their head yes everytime the og speaks, is the grouping I have a problem with. I don't like the fact that everyone likes to hop on people like me when they have an idea or opinion, really who are you to say it's a bad idea, or you don't like it? you know what I mean? It's rediculous. It's funny how many pms I've gotten from people thanking me for saying what they wanted to say, but didn't because they didn't want to get flamed. Flame me if you'd like, i don't take the internet that seriously. If you haven't noticed, I'm a leader, not a follower, and say whats on my mind, and some people can't handle the truth. I love everyone though, you all own my favorite car, and mod it in your own unique way, and that's what I'm about. Just wish we could all get together and make something happen
Old 01-27-2010, 06:15 PM
04fairlazdyz
LOW N SLO

btw.....this is my 900th post. lol
Old 01-27-2010, 06:17 PM
WYZIWYG

Originally Posted by jeffie7
WTF I thought myself and chen were on your list I was even going to dress chen up in those long john backless underware you liked so much =( Cheater!

Not into white/asian boys no mo?
Clay's TO DO LIST 2010

1. Paint crown molding
2. Start remodeling bathroom
3. Install/paint body kit
4. Hang out/drank with JGrizz
5. Chen
6. Jeffie
7. Chen [eat Chinese once, you're hungry again]
Old 01-27-2010, 07:16 PM
Chen

Clay's TO DO LIST 2010

1. Paint crown molding
2. Start remodeling bathroom
3. Install/paint body kit
4. Hang out/drank with JGrizz
5. Chen
6. Jeffie
7. Chen [eat Chinese once, you're hungry again]
What?!!
Old 01-27-2010, 07:34 PM
jeffie7

What big meets did people not go to? The mills does not count as a big meet. Last one I can think of was at Function Tuned and before that it was Hills Garage. both were not really marketed as big meets the last local big meet I can think of was college park back in the spring.

If you're a leader then set something up, if you're a follower then keep posting in this thread. If you do plan on doing weekly meets I know for sure I'll only go to maybe 1 or 2 over the summer time. However if you do them monthly or every other month there will be a much better chance of me going every time. The last 2 years, there's been so many little meets that it becomes almost pointless to go to them since its only a handful of people each time.

If it's weekly, again too many people have stuff to do and rarely do you get a good gathering of people from places like this one. I use to stop in at the safeway off of 3 since I live right down the street, it was a weekly thing that was posted on here a lot, sometimes there would be 1 z sometimes 2.

If you just want a random car meet, head south on RT2 just past the harbor center, there's always a group of guys that meet on Thursday nights (not off season), mostly hot rods but week after week you will see them there. same guys, same car, same parking spot, even have the same DJ with the same music. Every week.

So how many PMs? 1? 2? same person?

Should we get a group hug going at the next meet? We can let all this built up frustration out in a nice big hug. Chen can be in the middle.
Old 01-27-2010, 09:17 PM
NNOCENT

We were 75+ Deep at the NGC Meet at BWW College Park.

NGC seems to do everything BIG TIME.

But on the same token, we had an entire section of the restaurant reserved AHEAD of time, and we even had to add some overflow seating.

Jeffie I saw you there, but I had to make the rounds and see a lot of people that drove from VA Beach and farther away that Ionly get to see maybe five times a year, and normally only at the "BIG" meets.

It's so hard to have a big meet in the "COLD" offseason, I think the BWW meet was a huge success.
Old 01-27-2010, 10:02 PM
jasabeast

Drop this whole OG chit.. Like Jeffie said 90% of them dont even own a Z... accept the new Z owners.. technically everyone at one point was that new guy... whether you had a Z in 03 or 2010 your still a guy/girl with a Z.. i know i could give a rats azz how long you have had your car... If you wanna keep slobing on eachothers OG ***** then you need a reality check and need to get a life... were talking about cars here... You cool kids and your o so fast expensive cars lol
Old 01-28-2010, 03:58 AM
WYZIWYG

Originally Posted by Chen
What?!!
I'm sorry. It's Jeffie, he's such a bad influence on me....[SMH].
Old 01-28-2010, 06:22 AM
jeffie7

Originally Posted by NNOCENT
We were 75+ Deep at the NGC Meet at BWW College Park.

NGC seems to do everything BIG TIME.

But on the same token, we had an entire section of the restaurant reserved AHEAD of time, and we even had to add some overflow seating.

Jeffie I saw you there, but I had to make the rounds and see a lot of people that drove from VA Beach and farther away that Ionly get to see maybe five times a year, and normally only at the "BIG" meets.

It's so hard to have a big meet in the "COLD" offseason, I think the BWW meet was a huge success.
I have 10 years in the restaurant business around 8 managing. We will set up a table for 15 people, only to find out that 20-22 people end up coming, you have no idea how big of a deal that is. What happened at BWWs with out a doubt pissed off the store and employees, to say that was a huge success then clearly you base success off of size not quality. That place was out of hand, when I was standing there most people around me were talking about how they haven't been helped or only got a drink to never see the server again. You guys kicked their asses. I could see it in the servers faces. I would know I've also been serving 10 years.

If I managed that place I would have cut new people off saying sorry this was reserved for x many people, but not many managers have enough ***** to do that. When it gets to that many extra people, you have issues with giving good service in turn people get annoyed maybe not you but others I heard a lot of people bitching about it even in the short time that I was there. the Servers end up getting **** on by half the people and in the end it just ends up being a big mess for the store. I've learned very early work wise that anytime there's a "party" I always get an exact number and tell them straight up this number needs to be true, if not we can't seat the extras.

There's no reason we can't have cold meets that are big, it can easily be done if enough people get the word, but to have everyone at a large meet go into 1 restaurant rather then split off into 2-3 groups is just crazy. You said it yourself you were not able to make it over to me. Smaller = more people getting to talk to each other rather then just waving.

Main issue with cold meets is anyone with super clean cars wont want to take them out, thankfully most of the newer Z/G guys use them as daily drivers so weather doesn't matter. My 03 Z has 30K miles on it and hasnt seen salt in at least 6 years. On top of that it gets cleaned everytime it comes out, cold weather meets = my benz lol screw taking out the Z. it's not worth it.
Old 01-28-2010, 06:25 AM
jeffie7

I'm sorry. It's Jeffie, he's such a bad influence on me....[SMH].
I can't help it, I like small, more personal groups. =) Anyone have a N64?

Quick Reply: Arundel Mills Meet - Sunday, 24 Jan. 12noon