Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Hill's Garage G37TT Dyno and Tuning Service EXPERIENCE

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 04:47 PM
thefireboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hill's Garage G37TT Dyno and Tuning Service EXPERIENCE

hey guys well the website confirms it all, Hills Garage can now offer and Dyno and tuning service.
un sure of pricing but contact them for details
www.hillsgarage.net

and yes my car was the test vehicle and all i can say is myself, hills garage and most importantly my car is very happy with the tuning done. it drives probably better than stock and put down some really awesome numbers
on my INFINITI g37 TWIN TURBO. That Frank Hill originally designed and installed..
even though my hks evc6 boost controller was having issues(currently being fixed) my car hit 460rwhp and 437rwtq only at 6.5lbs of boost. the torque in this car is awesome and its a beast, this is only the beginning.
also the Uprev software that was used worked great and did everything it was suppose to do.
i am very pleased and extremely happy with the service i have recieved from Hills garage and their new dyno and tuning services.
the tuner Frank Smith is now one of the very few to successfully tune a G37TT....and is by far one of the most knowledgeable tuners anywhere.with over 20yrs of experience
if you are interested in this service from Hills Garage you better call quick the list is getting long....

the graph would be alot smoother if it was not for the boost controller messing up. what was happening was the boost would overshoot to 8.4 psi and then drop to 6.5 psi. Above 4500 rpm the car is only running 6.5 psi.the boost controller is being fixed and the top end horse power will be alot smoother and after that better graphs with more horse power will be posted up.
i will try to get more pics tomorrow.. ..:thewave::thewave:
Overall i am extremely pleased with the service,knowledge, hard work, dedication and just the passion that Hills Garage with all of its services has to offer. and will reccommend anybody to go there

hey guys sign up for Hill's garage's News letter for future information and discounts going on...... www.Hillsgarage.net
Old 01-16-2010, 04:54 PM
thefireboy

if there is a problem with the positive attitude of this thread please let me know. this is mearly my experience of the shop that went to for the services that i need for my car.. if this thread gets deleted it only shows that there is shop(s) that feels that this thread will threaten their business because thier service is not up to the same standards...
please get over it and let the people of the mid a know about the different shops out there that they can choose from..
Old 01-16-2010, 05:06 PM
jeffie7

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by thefireboy
if there is a problem with the positive attitude of this thread please let me know. this is mearly my experience of the shop that went to for the services that i need for my car.. if this thread gets deleted it only shows that there is shop(s) that feels that this thread will threaten their business because thier service is not up to the same standards...
please get over it and let the people of the mid a know about the different shops out there that they can choose from..
Or as I pointed out in the other thread, you're posting 2 of the same post in two different places, at the very least I'd post a link here pointing to the other thread.
Old 01-16-2010, 05:14 PM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

Received 118 Likes on 63 Posts

Too be honest I posted simultaneously in the tuning and local forum with an "experience" thread and neither was deleted..........it was a forum sponsor though.
Old 01-16-2010, 05:22 PM
thefireboy

Originally Posted by jeffie7
Or as I pointed out in the other thread, you're posting 2 of the same post in two different places, at the very least I'd post a link here pointing to the other thread.
exactly i reposted this before i saw your post.. this is for the mid-a that does not explore the rest of the forum that often....
Old 01-16-2010, 05:31 PM
jeffie7

exactly i reposted this before i saw your post.. this is for the mid-a that does not explore the rest of the forum that often....
That's why I'd edit it so its just link the other thread for the local guys. Again 2 of the same threads in different forums. with two sets of replys, besides anyone on here knows most all of the Mid A is in the FI forum.

Should be right in the rules to not do what you did, don't be surprised if this one is also deleted.

Has nothing to do with the shop.
Old 01-16-2010, 05:38 PM
thefireboy

but i also would not be surprised if it did have something to do with the shop
Old 01-16-2010, 06:03 PM
jeffie7

but i also would not be surprised if it did have something to do with the shop
Why would it? Hills is a well known shop in the Mid A If any plug for a shop would have been deleted it would have been JE performance since they don't even post here.
Old 01-16-2010, 06:29 PM
MDHRZ

Good stuff. Any other FI cars come out of Hills yet?
Old 01-16-2010, 06:39 PM
thefireboy

frank hill him self has built and installed more FI cars than i can count on my fingers and toes and somebody elses. he has built chris cass's car, there is another car that is in the shop right now that is getting a motor built and a whole bunch of other stuff.(both of these cars have goals of high 600-700 rwhp) and several waiting. and i am sure there are cars that he has done that i dont know about.
Old 01-16-2010, 06:41 PM
MDHRZ

Awesome. I'll need to take a trip up there once the weather gets better.
Old 01-16-2010, 06:46 PM
thefireboy

sure thing man... check out the website.. sign up for the newsletter. for discounts and stuff

also in the previous thread somebody asked if they could post pics up of my ship from the photo shoot.. go right ahead i enjoy seeing pics of my whip that i have not seen before
Old 01-16-2010, 07:05 PM
Barnabas
National Z Club President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My car will be coming out of hills this spring
Old 01-16-2010, 07:55 PM
NNOCENT

Originally Posted by MDHRZ
Awesome. I'll need to take a trip up there once the weather gets better.
trust me, its worth the drive.
Old 01-17-2010, 05:26 PM
widebody350

Is this the same Frank from Altered a few years ago? Everyone I've ever talked to has had nothing but good things to say about him and his work...even while at Altered he went around them/the extra mile for customers. Glad to see another shop in the area that is doing good stuff but I just hope he can keep his focus for good customer service, good results, caring for the customer's car while it's in his possession and not forget about all of that after a couple years. It seems to be a common theme in the Mid-A to upcharge and/or change prices around on people or make it seem as though you'll take care of something then charge for it or all together not give you a price when you ask for one then gape the customer at the end. I learned that no matter how much you think you know someone or trust that they will be honest you can't...get sh*t in writing before anything is ever agreed upon, money exchanged, or a car is worked on. Sorry for the rant but I'm tired of Mid-A shops especially when I am planning on going F/I, but I'm no longer in the Mid-A during the semester so I need a shop that I can trust/won't do what I just ranted about. I'm only planning on doing a fuel system and greddy kit so nothing big but I still want to take it to a place where I can trust that the car is safe(kept inside when I'm told that it is kept inside, moved in a responsible manner if the car isn't moving under it's own power, parts are installed correctly not with a sledgehammer, etc.) and I'm not gonna be in for any surprises on the financial side either. I def. need to make a trip up to Hill's next time I'm in town though, since I need to make a decision on what shop to take it to soon. Thanks for the review of Hill's and congrats on your car man it looked/sounded great at the Calendar Photoshoot.

On a side note I hear Altered is doing much better or at least with the GTR crowd...depending on how they treat a couple friend's I have with GTRs I may look into giving them a shot again.
Old 01-17-2010, 05:43 PM
thefireboy

Originally Posted by widebody350
Is this the same Frank from Altered a few years ago? Everyone I've ever talked to has had nothing but good things to say about him and his work...even while at Altered he went around them/the extra mile for customers. Glad to see another shop in the area that is doing good stuff but I just hope he can keep his focus for good customer service, good results, caring for the customer's car while it's in his possession and not forget about all of that after a couple years. It seems to be a common theme in the Mid-A to upcharge and/or change prices around on people or make it seem as though you'll take care of something then charge for it or all together not give you a price when you ask for one then gape the customer at the end. I learned that no matter how much you think you know someone or trust that they will be honest you can't...get sh*t in writing before anything is ever agreed upon, money exchanged, or a car is worked on. Sorry for the rant but I'm tired of Mid-A shops especially when I am planning on going F/I, but I'm no longer in the Mid-A during the semester so I need a shop that I can trust/won't do what I just ranted about. I'm only planning on doing a fuel system and greddy kit so nothing big but I still want to take it to a place where I can trust that the car is safe(kept inside when I'm told that it is kept inside, moved in a responsible manner if the car isn't moving under it's own power, parts are installed correctly not with a sledgehammer, etc.) and I'm not gonna be in for any surprises on the financial side either. I def. need to make a trip up to Hill's next time I'm in town though, since I need to make a decision on what shop to take it to soon. Thanks for the review of Hill's and congrats on your car man it looked/sounded great at the Calendar Photoshoot.

On a side note I hear Altered is doing much better or at least with the GTR crowd...depending on how they treat a couple friend's I have with GTRs I may look into giving them a shot again.
hey man i totally understand your rant and i defiantely will not get into mine in this thread but i promise that hills garage will give you nothing but satisfaction and great customer service. hills garage is probably the cheapest shop around and probably the most experienced mechanic and tuner around..
i dont really know you but i am sure most of your friends that know me can tell you my story..
Hills Garage made my car perfect and always took the best care of my car. no cars are left out side of the shop over night unless the owner does not pay....haha or certian circumstances oked with the customer...
Old 01-17-2010, 06:26 PM
4SHIZZIL

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I bet my left nut Frank is and always will be legit and honest.

Hands down a car enthusiast that understands struggling for car parts.

Like I said in the G forums....

he combed through my car for like 4 hours pointing things out... I was like here we go again...lol

not only did he totally tell me what was important, not so much, but where I could get parts to save money, where if he got them it would save money..

and at the end of the day my bill was so low I slid his wife a 20 and said lunch is on me.

i now know what I need to do to get Gzilla a nice 1st time overhaul with the 94K miles I put on her...

also like I said in the G forums

we have great opportunities here in the midatlantic, this is just a way for the folks on this side of town to get some love in Baltimore.

I love ALL the shops in this area and for the bashers... you never know when you may really need one of them so always treat people with respect ...same goes to the shops.

free bump in the trunk
Old 01-18-2010, 12:34 PM
Driven1
Professional

Congrats Nick....now hit me up b/c I want a ride.
Old 01-18-2010, 01:26 PM
abui01

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ +1, I need a ride in the beeeast
Old 01-18-2010, 03:48 PM
thefireboy

haha man the list just keeps growing for rides... i think i am going to start charging for rides..

Quick Reply: Hill's Garage G37TT Dyno and Tuning Service EXPERIENCE