Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Anyone who thought AAM would turn a new leaf with a new owner...

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 07:51 AM
MDHRZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by widebody350
I hope Frank continues with his business practices that he has displayed so far because some others follow the saying; the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. The shop of choice for a few years now rarely mentioned or recommended for example. Shop owners need to see that with the internet the cutomer is empowered with all kinds of knowledge and we aren't going to go to a shop that rips people off/does poor quality work.

The shop of choice for a few years now rarely mentioned or recommended for example.

Last edited by MDHRZ; 07-22-2010 at 08:05 AM.
Old 07-22-2010, 11:22 AM
Barnabas
National Z Club President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Excellent post Widebody
Old 07-22-2010, 10:08 PM
toddrs93

Originally Posted by MDHRZ
Who else left and opened their own shop? I only know of F:T and Hills...
My shop is Auto Velocity, www.autovelocity.net, I do anything but LOL I took pretty much all the 3000GT/Stealth business, well I shouldn't say I took it, it actually just followed me.

Jaime, I can't remember his last name, was a tech there a long time ago and opened Extreme something or other in VA somewhere I think. And another person who is actually a supporting vendor on here I think, used to be at AAM as well.
Old 07-24-2010, 12:15 PM
pfregeolle

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Who else left and opened their own shop? I only know of F:T and Hills...
I'm just glad that someone in this entire thread knows how to use the word "their" and "there" in the correct context.
Old 07-26-2010, 03:24 PM
widebody350

Originally Posted by Barnabas
Excellent post Widebody
Thank you sir. I just speak the truth and I hope that you, as well as others know the shop that was referenced, but not said by name. I have not put it all on blast out of respect for my friend who may or may not have some pending legal issues with the shop, as well as the fact that I am not trying to get sued so the guy can pay his rent. You can only tune Natural Aspirated Nissan Frontiers and rent out your dyno for so much money, sooner of later you have to stay afloat somehow, no longer my money or anyone else I know. Friends of mine give me sh*t for what happened to the two of my friends I sent there, especially the guy with the Evo and GTR, because they know how much money he dropped. It's also embarrassing for me to say that I recommended someone so incompetent. Honestly I may have said too much, but I feel that it was necessary at this point. The person's ignorance, lack of care, rip-off tactics, and cowardice reached a point for me after my friend's motor just popped. And to think he was upset my friend didn't leave his GTR with him? F*ckin joking me? I thought it was very interesting that the owner of said shop tried contacting my friend several times in relation to cars and even texting him about something unrelated to cars or anything the two ever discussed previously, shortly after his motor blew up. The two hadn't spoken in the last few months as it's been that long since the Evo was removed from his shop then.

I want everyone to succeed and I think it's in the best interest of the enthusiast to have a number of QUALITY shops to choose from, but if they are going to perform at this low level and rip people off, then I have no compassion for them. My friend certainly wouldn't mind making sure he works at a gas station if he can get a job there, but I don't think he has any certifications anyways. I wouldn't take my car there, may get charged an extra hour for my oil change, well he did that already...f*ckin guy lol. Sorry for the rant. Long day and I just got off the phone with my friend, then saw this thread.
Old 07-26-2010, 03:37 PM
Barnabas
National Z Club President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thats the power of the internet. It leaves valuable resources for people to research there options.

It sucks when some shops offer high quality care and then the quality just drops away to non existent... or when shops treat some customers differently then others... its a shame all I can say is people do your homework.
Old 07-27-2010, 03:55 AM
MDHRZ

Wow!

Sued for speaking the truth? How does that work? **** that. This isn't the first time I've heard stories like this about the "anonymous" shop. I tried to post my review/impression of this shop and was flamed to no end. I guess it's a good thing that I only experienced the horrible customer service and not a blown motor though.

Last edited by MDHRZ; 07-27-2010 at 03:57 AM.
Old 07-27-2010, 05:17 AM
widebody350

Wow!

Sued for speaking the truth? How does that work? **** that. This isn't the first time I've heard stories like this about the "anonymous" shop. I tried to post my review/impression of this shop and was flamed to no end. I guess it's a good thing that I only experienced the horrible customer service and not a blown motor though.
Heard about one shop doing that and I would not put it past the one I am talking about to do such things when they have to resort to tuning Naturally Aspirated Frontiers, and I suspect renting/trading time on the dyno to get by. It's funny you say that b/c a couple people who still take their cars to this shop for various reasons I won't disclose(if you're $mart you can draw your own conclu$ion$) even admit that they have seen sh*t going downhill, and have heard a lot of stories about the shop lately.

The guy is a sh*t tuner and sh*t installer as evidenced by my friend's Evo. No tuning done to it, just installing parts/engine and he couldn't do that right. He also drove the car hard without a tune on it. My friend was standing with me and I said hey you know my friend X, that's his Evo. Later when friend X asked my friend and I if it was being driven hard my friend said yea it sounds mean, to which friend X said, "What? It's not supposed to hit boost!!!"

If anyone would like to flame me for my comments/statements, have at it, good luck. I will only start to post up more and more. I stand behind my words and honestly this sh*t shop probably won't be around too much longer. I know for a fact that no one I know and friends of friends who are finding out about all of this are not going there. The same anonymous people who still take their cars to the $hop, tell me I'm far from the only one to feel this way or be treated this way, so I doubt much flaming will occur now. As I said before, this shop used to the shop people in the Mid-A preferred, but his lack of tuning/install ability showed through, as his business practices went downhill. Admittedly, I was one of the biggest supporters of this shop, see my stance now though.

I want everyone to succeed in life, especially tuners, because the more capable tuners for the enthusiasts to choose from the better. Individuals like this person, I have no compassion for and I'm offended that he exists in this industry/community of car enthusiasts, so I can say that I will not shed a tear when he can no longer rip people off. That said I don't even need to drop bombs or go out and put him on blast, or even publish the shop's name because he is doing a d*mn good job of putting himself out of business. Other shops are even commenting on him and some even laughing at his "capabilities" even though it made their jobs harder/cost them money.
Old 07-27-2010, 06:01 AM
Driven1
Professional

Thank you sir. I just speak the truth and I hope that you, as well as others know the shop that was referenced, but not said by name. I have not put it all on blast out of respect for my friend who may or may not have some pending legal issues with the shop, as well as the fact that I am not trying to get sued so the guy can pay his rent. You can only tune Natural Aspirated Nissan Frontiers and rent out your dyno for so much money, sooner of later you have to stay afloat somehow, no longer my money or anyone else I know. Friends of mine give me sh*t for what happened to the two of my friends I sent there, especially the guy with the Evo and GTR, because they know how much money he dropped. It's also embarrassing for me to say that I recommended someone so incompetent. Honestly I may have said too much, but I feel that it was necessary at this point. The person's ignorance, lack of care, rip-off tactics, and cowardice reached a point for me after my friend's motor just popped. And to think he was upset my friend didn't leave his GTR with him? F*ckin joking me? I thought it was very interesting that the owner of said shop tried contacting my friend several times in relation to cars and even texting him about something unrelated to cars or anything the two ever discussed previously, shortly after his motor blew up. The two hadn't spoken in the last few months as it's been that long since the Evo was removed from his shop then.

I want everyone to succeed and I think it's in the best interest of the enthusiast to have a number of QUALITY shops to choose from, but if they are going to perform at this low level and rip people off, then I have no compassion for them. My friend certainly wouldn't mind making sure he works at a gas station if he can get a job there, but I don't think he has any certifications anyways. I wouldn't take my car there, may get charged an extra hour for my oil change, well he did that already...f*ckin guy lol. Sorry for the rant. Long day and I just got off the phone with my friend, then saw this thread.

So...the car was assembled...then picked up and paid for (untuned due to no EMS solution for the car) and the car was gone for months...then blew up on a dyno at 30psi...but it's the person who had the car months ago fault?
Old 07-27-2010, 06:16 AM
widebody350

Originally Posted by Driven1
So...the car was assembled...then picked up and paid for (untuned due to no EMS solution for the car) and the car was gone for months...then blew up on a dyno at 30psi...but it's the person who had the car months ago fault?
Yea, because that person installed the part that failed. Hence his responsibility for said motor and part, also why I said a sh*t installer.

EDIT: Reiteration, injector #3 failed and the person installed the injectors on this motor.

It had made one run at 30 and wasn't at full boost which was limited to 30psi on a motor designed to run about 38psi, it was probably about 20...I can confirm and get the exact number if you like.

The car was paid for up front then extended numerous times and the customer was up charged numerous times.

As you stated it was untuned due to no EMS and yet the car was still driven into boost w/o the owner's approval/consultation.

The motor was also delivered to the next shop with oil/fluid leaks and other signs of poor installation, after it supposedly went through a quality control, which took about two weeks IIRC.

Last edited by widebody350; 07-27-2010 at 06:17 AM.
Old 07-27-2010, 06:27 AM
Driven1
Professional

Were there mileage checks or log done on the car to substantiate being "driven around" or is this the same car you said previously was being "towed" in a manner in which you think was inappropriate?

Typically a shop will charge "installment" payments as work gets completed and money for parts upfront. Was he billed 2x for the same thing?

With no tune all a car can do is be started and checked for leaks, but this is not normal operation and cannot be said to be a "final check". Many times leaks in oil fittings etc will show when the pressures rise on the dyno during the tuning and break in process and the car gets to operating temps. It's not uncommon for small leaks to be found during tuning on a full build. After every couple pulls (during cool down) it is common to walk around, look and check fittings, clamps, etc for leaks and tightness.

Last edited by Driven1; 07-27-2010 at 06:28 AM.
Old 07-27-2010, 06:43 AM
widebody350

Were there mileage checks or log done on the car to substantiate being "driven around" or is this the same car you said previously was being "towed" in a manner in which you think was inappropriate?

Typically a shop will charge "installment" payments as work gets completed and money for parts upfront. Was he billed 2x for the same thing?

With no tune all a car can do is be started and checked for leaks, but this is not normal operation and cannot be said to be a "final check". Many times leaks in oil fittings etc will show when the pressures rise on the dyno during the tuning and break in process and the car gets to operating temps. It's not uncommon for small leaks to be found during tuning on a full build. After every couple pulls (during cool down) it is common to walk around, look and check fittings, clamps, etc for leaks and tightness.
I saw the car being driven and a friend of mine even commented later to the owner that it, "sounded mean," sorry I didn't video tape it, I didn't know that it wasn't supposed to be driven/into boost. I was next door getting an inspection done, which is why I was there.

EDIT: Manner in which I think is inappropriate? Robbie, you want a dyno strap tied around your sway bar, then dragged around a building? Tell me how you would feel if you knew a shop did that to your car, and if that caused the front bumper to pop off the car. I'm not going to lie, it is somewhat offensive that you call a friend of mine and I seeing the car driven into question. It is what it is though I under$tand why you may feel the need to do such.

It was your truck that was used to tow cars in such a manner. The Evo didn't have an engine when you all were towing cars in that manner and asked my friend and I to help push cars into parking spots after you drug them to their respective spaces. You and the owner of said shop pushed the Evo all the way to its space because you knew that my friend and I were both friends with the owner of the Evo.

I understand that it usually takes pressure to find leaks or leaks appear/fittings become loose.
1. The car was driven and into boost so there was pressure built in all systems required for a car to drive.

2. Should have realized at least most of these leaks/loose fittings after driving it.

He has all of the receipts and what not, I can scan them and put them up if you would like? What he was quoted was not what he paid.

I know your trying to protect your friend, but sometimes you just have to try to correct what you're at fault for(not you but the shop), or choose the path of AAM.

Last edited by widebody350; 07-27-2010 at 06:47 AM.
Old 07-27-2010, 06:59 AM
Havok_RLS2

This thread is too much. "Said Shop" should just close it's doors forever and leave the area. Their name is as good as dirt now.
Old 07-27-2010, 07:13 AM
Driven1
Professional

Where was it being "driven" to or seen other than the parking lot where you saw it? To my knowledge it was never driven on a public road but just moved around the shop or parking lot approximately 2x a day (once to open and once when closing and putting the cars away).

I did use my truck to tow disabled cars with a yellow tow strap and appropriate hardware and attached it to the front subframe and pulled them in the parking lot at very low speeds and no damage was done to any of the vehicles.

Moving the car in a parking lot and starting it in the shop isn't nearly the same as actually driving around on public roads at speed. Due to the car not having a tune on it (or EMS) it would have been VERY difficult if not impossible to drive safely on any public road. That's the reason why Im curious as to where this car was seen "driving under boost".

Im not trying to protect anyone. If indeed there is "fault" or negligence then it needs to be dealt with appropriately by ALL parties involved.

If leaks were found then were they corrected and the previous shop appropriately notified or backcharged for the repair or did they just let it leak and still tune? Did the new choice of shop look over and inspect the car before they put it on the dyno (it must have run fine to get onto the dyno or NO tuner would put it on and tune)? It was there for about 3 months were any leaks found during those 3 months? I'm also assuming the car ran fine on the dyno for some period of time, since the tuner got all the way to 30psi (you don't just guess at 30psi and give it a pull)?

Last edited by Driven1; 07-27-2010 at 07:16 AM.
Old 07-27-2010, 08:04 AM
MDHRZ

Please explain... https://my350z.com/forum/mid-atlanti...-5000-a-2.html
Old 07-27-2010, 08:07 AM
widebody350

Where was it being "driven" to or seen other than the parking lot where you saw it? To my knowledge it was never driven on a public road but just moved around the shop or parking lot approximately 2x a day (once to open and once when closing and putting the cars away).

I did use my truck to tow disabled cars with a yellow tow strap and appropriate hardware and attached it to the front subframe and pulled them in the parking lot at very low speeds and no damage was done to any of the vehicles.

Moving the car in a parking lot and starting it in the shop isn't nearly the same as actually driving around on public roads at speed. Due to the car not having a tune on it (or EMS) it would have been VERY difficult if not impossible to drive safely on any public road. That's the reason why Im curious as to where this car was seen "driving under boost".

Im not trying to protect anyone. If indeed there is "fault" or negligence then it needs to be dealt with appropriately by ALL parties involved.

If leaks were found then were they corrected and the previous shop appropriately notified or backcharged for the repair or did they just let it leak and still tune? Did the new choice of shop look over and inspect the car before they put it on the dyno (it must have run fine to get onto the dyno or NO tuner would put it on and tune)? It was there for about 3 months were any leaks found during those 3 months? I'm also assuming the car ran fine on the dyno for some period of time, since the tuner got all the way to 30psi (you don't just guess at 30psi and give it a pull)?
Pebble Run Drive. It went out of the far exit where the shop used to be located and zoomed to the stop sign, didn't even come to a complete stop at the stop sign. To the best of my knowledge my car was never left outside over night either...turns out that was wrong and he left my sh*t outside on more than a few occasions.

You're lying. I was there as was my friend with the 335i. We both witnessed you and the owner of the shop tie a dyno strap around the hitch of your F150 and around the sway bar(NOT THE SUBFRAME) and drag the cars. The car that was 100% damaged was a light blue G35.

Yea, no sh*t the leaks were corrected before any boost was really applied to the motor. I'm pretty sure they were found on the initial stages of tuning but I could be correct. I will have the owner who has spoken with the "new shop of choice" comment here if he is willing(don't know if he may choose a more productive route for him besides the forums which would cause him to not post details as they may affect any legal proceedings) if not I will clarify all details. I'm sure a 1000cc injector will support low boost just fine and you won't fine out until you start to need sufficient fuel, that it is not providing said amount of fuel.

BTW the "new shop of choice" was AMS. AMS has broken every record possible with the Evo platforms and I would think would take extra precautions, especially when the owner of the EVO is getting his GTR fully built at AMS. Call AMS into question too? O-k Johnny Cochran where you going to go with your case now? AMS=top of the line especially in EVOs, now GTRs. Your friends shop= An AWD 350Z that broke, A stock motor that was pushed to the limits and broke(on purpose I know, but what came from that?), then what?

Straight up the shop you are trying to protect is a piece of sh*t shop and could only dream of doing the work that AMS produces on the daily. Think my friend was going to get his GTR done to the same level as AMS did at your friend's shop? My friends and I are not the only ones to get f*cked by your friend, hence he tunes NA Nissan Frontiers, has all kind of dyno time to rent, and spends a good deal of time sleeping at his desk. Also why you see so many people going to Frank or PFS instead of your friend's shop. I was going to keep it nice, but you want to lie and come off that it is anyone's fault besides that sh*thole of a shop then it will be what it will be. And sh*thole is literal, as the place has dog sh*t under every car and in every corner, on top of just being disorganized/dirty.

He bent in my friend's Borla b/c he put on the mid pipes wrong(switched the sides I believe) and left hammer/mallet dents in the muffler section too. As he said, "No I don't mind if people watch me work b/c I don't make mistakes," in reply to my friend asking him if he cares about people in the shop. He should become a f*cking comedian, probably be more successful. As I said, I understand if you want to protect your friend, and any possible investments(I have my suspicions), but you need to quit lying and playing Johnny Cochran. My issues aren't just the blown motor but the overcharges and dishonesty displayed by the shop owner.
Old 07-27-2010, 08:19 AM
Driven1
Professional

I just saw that and I can not explain. I honestly don't know much about the transaction, but only which car the kit came off and indeed it only has apprx 3K on the kit.

As the new part time GM I have PM'd both parties (the shop and customer) to see if I can reach a resolution and am waiting to hear back from them.

Last edited by Driven1; 07-27-2010 at 08:21 AM.
Old 07-27-2010, 08:37 AM
widebody350

I just saw that and I can not explain. I honestly don't know much about the transaction, but only which car the kit came off and indeed it only has apprx 3K on the kit.

As the new part time GM I have PM'd both parties (the shop and customer) to see if I can reach a resolution and am waiting to hear back from them.
And you're not trying to defend anyone/anything? You're ****ing joking me right?

You all are AAM round two appropriate thread for all this to come out in. You're lying about **** left and right now you reveal you're the new GM? Does it even need a GM? There's one employee, the owner LMFAO. Well now you as well I suppose.

No doubt you're PMing him. Yoou don't want him to make a thread in the FI section. Then it's all she wrote as it should be.

Last edited by widebody350; 07-27-2010 at 09:05 AM.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:17 AM
Driven1
Professional

Pebble Run Drive. It went out of the far exit where the shop used to be located and zoomed to the stop sign, didn't even come to a complete stop at the stop sign. To the best of my knowledge my car was never left outside over night either...turns out that was wrong and he left my sh*t outside on more than a few occasions.

You're lying. I was there as was my friend with the 335i. We both witnessed you and the owner of the shop tie a dyno strap around the hitch of your F150 and around the sway bar(NOT THE SUBFRAME) and drag the cars. The car that was 100% damaged was a light blue G35.

Yea, no sh*t the leaks were corrected before any boost was really applied to the motor. I'm pretty sure they were found on the initial stages of tuning but I could be correct. I will have the owner who has spoken with the "new shop of choice" comment here if he is willing(don't know if he may choose a more productive route for him besides the forums which would cause him to not post details as they may affect any legal proceedings) if not I will clarify all details. I'm sure a 1000cc injector will support low boost just fine and you won't fine out until you start to need sufficient fuel, that it is not providing said amount of fuel.

BTW the "new shop of choice" was AMS. AMS has broken every record possible with the Evo platforms and I would think would take extra precautions, especially when the owner of the EVO is getting his GTR fully built at AMS. Call AMS into question too? O-k Johnny Cochran where you going to go with your case now? AMS=top of the line especially in EVOs, now GTRs. Your friends shop= An AWD 350Z that broke, A stock motor that was pushed to the limits and broke(on purpose I know, but what came from that?), then what?

Straight up the shop you are trying to protect is a piece of sh*t shop and could only dream of doing the work that AMS produces on the daily. Think my friend was going to get his GTR done to the same level as AMS did at your friend's shop? My friends and I are not the only ones to get f*cked by your friend, hence he tunes NA Nissan Frontiers, has all kind of dyno time to rent, and spends a good deal of time sleeping at his desk. Also why you see so many people going to Frank or PFS instead of your friend's shop. I was going to keep it nice, but you want to lie and come off that it is anyone's fault besides that sh*thole of a shop then it will be what it will be. And sh*thole is literal, as the place has dog sh*t under every car and in every corner, on top of just being disorganized/dirty.

He bent in my friend's Borla b/c he put on the mid pipes wrong(switched the sides I believe) and left hammer/mallet dents in the muffler section too. As he said, "No I don't mind if people watch me work b/c I don't make mistakes," in reply to my friend asking him if he cares about people in the shop. He should become a f*cking comedian, probably be more successful. As I said, I understand if you want to protect your friend, and any possible investments(I have my suspicions), but you need to quit lying and playing Johnny Cochran. My issues aren't just the blown motor but the overcharges and dishonesty displayed by the shop owner.
Once again, Im not trying to protect anyone. The situation is what it is...Im merely asking questions to try and get a handle on the entire situation in hopes of possibly coming to an amicable solution and understanding for all the parties. The customer has my number, I extended this to him personally when I first met him and have never once heard from him. I have only just officially come on part time (within the last month) and have had a full time job in real estate which takes up quite a bit of my time so I can't see everything or be there 100% of the time.

You can't just say "it blew up and it's your fault, now pay for it" 3 months later and expect no questions to be asked or that documentation be provided? Can he email me the pics and documentation that he/they have b/c to my knowledge it has never been received or seen to date.

The tow strap was yellow (it's personally mine) and in my truck from pulling people out during the snow storms. The light blue G you claim is "damaged" is still there...the strut bar has been off the car for a LONG time b/c there has been no engine in it for quite some time (hence why it had to be towed).

Why are you making this personal? Have I done anything to you personally? Im trying to help get to the bottom of this for your "friend" but you want to attack me for asking educated legitimate questions to information that is important to the situation?

And for the record I have NO FINANCIAL INVESTMENTS in ANY automotive shops.

Last edited by Driven1; 07-27-2010 at 09:27 AM.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:07 AM
MDHRZ

Widebody, there is shop rating thread. Perhaps your friend could explain the situation there and leave accurate feedback as many others have already done? https://my350z.com/forum/forced-indu...ng-thread.html

Quick Reply: Anyone who thought AAM would turn a new leaf with a new owner...